(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 308.
#3101 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:I opened a ticket this afternoon. I’ll report back what they say.

Opened a ticket for the front left leg cutting the front panel decal and bubbling that we discussed in this forum earlier this week. I received a quick response suggesting I use a blow dryer to remove the bubble. Then a follow up response asking if I was good at replacing decals. I responded that I wasn’t sure because I have never tried. Asked how difficult they thought it was. Didn’t get an answer. That exchange was two days ago. Haven’t heard anything since.

#3102 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Opened a ticket for the front left leg cutting the front panel decal and bubbling that we discussed in this forum earlier this week. I received a quick response suggesting I use a blow dryer to remove the bubble. Then a follow up response asking if I was good at replacing decals. I responded that I wasn’t sure because I have never tried. Asked how difficult they thought it was. Didn’t get an answer. That exchange was two days ago. Haven’t heard anything since.

I looked for a thread on how to repair decal bubbles and didn't find one. Someone post a link if there is one - I'm curious if a hair dryer would actually work. My experience when removing decals is that they become brittle when heated - but I'm using a heat gun so maybe less heat would be different.

#3103 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I looked for a thread on how to repair decal bubbles and didn't find one. Someone post a link if there is one - I'm curious if a hair dryer would actually work. My experience when removing decals is that they become brittle when heated - but I'm using a heat gun so maybe less heat would be different.

A hair dryer will actually work.

The wrinkled areas are fresh and can be moved a bit to put them back into place.

Mostly after careful warming you can slide them over with a thumb.

#3104 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

A hair dryer will actually work.
The wrinkled areas are fresh and can be moved a bit to put them back into place.
Mostly after careful warming you can slide them over with a thumb.

Good to know! I wonder how long this works? Asking because it's pretty common on Sterns when they were using the plastic protectors.

#3105 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

All well and good but what are they doing about the actual problem sounds like putting new wipers on a broken windshield! Are they sending new legs?? Or still trying to get to the bottom of it?

#3106 1 year ago

How tight are you guys cranking those leg bolts down?? I use plastic cab protectors on every one of my machine. Have for many many years and never had 1 decal wrinkle.

#3107 1 year ago

bit much ?

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#3108 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

How tight are you guys cranking those leg bolts down?? I use plastic cab protectors on every one of my machine. Have for many many years and never had 1 decal wrinkle.

Lol nice blame the customer do you work for JJP?!

#3109 1 year ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

Did you login before trying to order? I logged in, then went to ONLINE STORE ---> Quick Add. On that page, I put in Product Code PPS-31-1357-50066M and set the quantity to 1. I then clicked "Quick Add" and the product appeared in my cart.

Thank you this worked!

#3110 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Lol nice blame the customer do you work for JJP?!

Sorry if my question came across as accusational, It was a sincere question. How tight are the bolts being torqued? I ask because my personal experience with cab protectors has been positive. I wasn't blaming anyone for anything.

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It seems the issue is more with the legs themselves. Adding additional thickness/protection between the legs and the game avoids the problem but doesn’t fix the root cause which appears to be a manufacturing issue with the legs.

#3112 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It seems the issue is more with the legs themselves. Adding additional thickness/protection between the legs and the game avoids the problem but doesn’t fix the root cause which appears to be a manufacturing issue with the legs.

That would make sense. I do seem to recall reading in a thread somewhere (maybe this thread?) that someone said their legs were bent inwards past the 90° point causing them to make contact with the decals. That would cause issues for sure.

#3113 1 year ago

I thought that CGC were using these or similar ?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0599-00

I was not keen on them when they first appeared, however now they are my preference over plastic or felt spacers.

Screenshot_20220625-051403_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220625-051403_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3114 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

they are my preference over plastic or felt spacers

I’m curious- why?

I’m probably just going to use a set of plastic or felt spacers I have on hand.

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

The absolute best CGC will do is send u replacement decals. This very thing happened on my AFMRLE and that was their only solution. Replacing decals is a pain in the ass

#3116 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The absolute best CGC will do is send u replacement decals

What else would you expect?

What choice is there other than live with it/cover it up or replace the decals?

#3117 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m curious- why?
I’m probably just going to use a set of plastic or felt spacers I have on hand.

Plastic and felt spacers still make contact with cabinet decals.

Plastic can put pressure against the decal and tear or bubble the cabinet decals.

Felt can get sticky and sometimes will adhere to the decals which can lead to decal damage if legs and felt need to be removed.

I find it bizarre that CGC may not have addressed the leg, cabinet contact problems ?

The original CC was notorious for leg area, cabinet decal tearing. As was Monster bash.

#3118 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

All well and good but what are they doing about the actual problem sounds like putting new wipers on a broken windshield! Are they sending new legs?? Or still trying to get to the bottom of it?

The problem occurs when the legs are pressed on the brake.

Too much pressure and the legs go past 90 degrees.

The machinist didnt take the time to check one out of every 100 or so. The operator only does what the machinist told him/her.

Basically stamp them all and fill the rack.

This is not the first occurrence of this and probably not the last.

When Spooky encountered this problem they put the ends of the legs in a vise over a block of wood (2 by 4) and widened them a bit to make them a little over 90 degrees.

The machine shop would do the same over a piece of oak 4 by 4.

With a little care and attention to detail (like wrapping the leg end if its painted) this is a 5 min fix.

Check you legs before installing them against a square.

They should be slightly over 90 degrees to be proper.

#3119 1 year ago

When Spooky encountered this problem they put the ends of the legs in a vise over a block of wood (2 by 4) and widened them a bit to make them a little over 90 degrees.
With a little care and attention to detail (like wrapping the leg end if its painted) this is a 5 min fix.
Check you legs before installing them against a square.
They should be slightly over 90 degrees to be proper.

I was thinking the same earlier today while reading this thread and was curious what that might do to any clearcoating on the LE's... might it crack and chip the clear?

#3120 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

I was thinking the same earlier today while reading this thread and was curious what that might do to any clearcoating on the LE's... might it crack and chip the clear?

Wrap the leg with something heavy like a moving blanket.

The finishes are so new they will flex a bit before cracking.

Powder coat is also just a paint and gets harder with time.

Rip a nice piece of triangle stock off an old oak pallet 4 by 4.

It only has to be 8" long or so.

This operation does not require too much precision.

#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Is anyone getting any better response on the bigger issues around Audio, or sensor adjustment or other items. People will forgive late but not wrong does not seem to apply to the desk, if it was still open I would at least assume there was bigger and I am sure is fish to fry, but closing it was kinda rough.

Still waiting on a response or fix for my volume issue. I have the game all the way up to volume 30 and still isn’t as loud as my AFMr at 7. There has to be a reason why the difference. Ticket was sent to the engineers and I guess the engineers don’t know??

#3122 1 year ago

Wrap the leg with something heavy like a moving blanket.

The finishes are so new they will flex a bit before cracking.

Powder coat is also just a paint and gets harder with time.

Valid tips but I still submit that CGC ought to be more diligent in quality control on the legs they are accepting from their supplier to avoid this whole business in the first instance. One should not have to do minor surgery (or more) to brand new original equipment to avoid damage to the product. I analogize it to getting a brand new car with out-of-round wheels. Surely the customer would not feel compelled to conduct surgery on their out-of-round wheels in order to "true them up" so they are perfectly round and roll correctly (or take them to a machine shop to do so). It comes down to quality and attention to detail. Legs are monumentally important to a pin from multiple perspectives and neither CGC nor any other manufacturer should treat them as an afterthought.

To be clear, I appreciate your advice for those with mucked-up legs that are causing decal issues but CGC ought to acknowledge the issue and correct the cause--not the symptoms.

Leaving soapbox now...

#3123 1 year ago

These are a great idea and must have for powder coated cabinet hardware.

It would be a nice touch from CGC to have these color coded and also include nicely polished or plated leg bolts included with delivery.

Simple things like this give the product a more practical and premium finish.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/05462-leg-bolt-protective-nylon-washer-set

Screenshot_20220625-063106_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220625-063106_Chrome (resized).jpg

#3124 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What else would you expect?
What choice is there other than live with it/cover it up or replace the decals?

For the game to show up not damaged....Mine was not repairable as it was a tear on the side decal

#3125 1 year ago

Just watched this video

from Todd at TNT. At the start of the video he is driving a CCr LE to the show that just came out of the box. I was thinking maybe it was just an SE and he had a topper but its definitely an LE. At around the 8:45 mark you can see the game set up and it has a wood arch.

#3126 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Just watched this video from Todd at TNT. At the start of the video he is driving a CCr LE to the show that just came out of the box. I was thinking maybe it was just an SE and he had a topper but its definitely an LE. At around the 8:45 mark you can see the game set up and it has a wood arch.

Deleted incorrect comment.

[Sorry - that was definitely powder coat. Maybe a production LE!]

#3127 1 year ago

<duplicate post>

#3128 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not an LE - no powder coat.

He didn’t say how he got the topper but since he had dinner with Ryan the night before it may be one of the prototypes CGC brings to shows.

They show it again later in video and the armor is different then the 2 SE's. You can also see the art blades.

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

[Sorry - that was definitely powder coat. Maybe a production LE!]

I really think this IS the first production LE!!!!

#3130 1 year ago

I really think this IS the first production LE!!

always-hope-there-is-meme (resized).jpgalways-hope-there-is-meme (resized).jpg
#3131 1 year ago

“It came in from Chicago”. He didn’t say it was new.

Since he mentioned he had dinner with Ryan the night before this COULD be the CGC show LE.

If only someone who knew for sure could chime in …

#3132 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Since he mentioned he had dinner with Ryan the night before this COULD be the CGC show LE.

If only someone who knew for sure could chime in …

True but at the start of the video he says it just came out of the box. It sure also looks like it did with the banding, foam and keys zip toed to the shooter just like all the unboxings we have seen of the SE

#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

“It came in from Chicago”.

So I watched the start again and he says its an SE right out of the box. However, it has the powder coating, the art blades, topper and wood arch. We need someone to go talk to Ryan and get us more pics.

#3134 1 year ago

I have an issue where the Bart kicker continues to fire even when no ball is in there . I have a ticket in but does anyone have any ideas on what that might be ? It does it randomly throughout a game . I cant figure out if that's what is causing gun fight to start and immediately end .

#3135 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

does anyone have any ideas on what that might be ?

Follow the wires from the sensor to where they plug in under the playfield. Unplug them, then plug back in, and be sure it's tight.

LTG : )

#3136 1 year ago

Proto, sample is my guess.
Perhaps someone that attended or Todd can clarify ?
@ LTG as well ?

#3137 1 year ago

True but at the start of the video he says it just came out of the box. It sure also looks like it did with the banding, foam and keys zip toed to the shooter just like all the unboxings we have seen of the SE

Pretty sure they were boxed up like that at TPF too so it’s still could be a show prototype.

#3138 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Proto, sample is my guess.

Ryan is at the show. So my guess is they grabbed a game, maybe dolled it up a little. And sent it to the show.

If it has a topper. It's most likely a prototype Ryan takes with to the shows.

#3139 1 year ago

From TNT's Facebook page:

"I spent a great evening with Mike Daddona (of Automated Services) for dinner along with Ryan White (Chicago Gaming) last night, and TNT Frank and John. Not only that, but I get to drive the brand new SE Cactus Canyon with topper to Pintastic!"

Todd (resized).jpgTodd (resized).jpg

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can reopen the ticket and ask for replacements.

Yes but same verbiage I used with stern in the past got immediate offers and replacements sent for a bad weld on an AIQ ramp and also a plastic ramp on Mando. To me me that says a lot. If theyvwould have just offered hex post which I may have even just politely turned down since I replaced them already, would have gone a long way for my expectations of service in a product that skews toward a high dollar toy.

#3141 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

Have to throw out my thanks for the mine cart mod idea. Good excuse to break out the model paints again as well.
[quoted image]

Mate did you make this or buy it if bought whereabouts thanks

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

From TNT's Facebook page:
"I spent a great evening with Mike Daddona (of Automated Services) for dinner along with Ryan White (Chicago Gaming) last night, and TNT Frank and John. Not only that, but I get to drive the brand new SE Cactus Canyon with topper to Pintastic!"

So we’ll assume it was a new LE and Todd mispoke.

If anyone is at Pintastic, take a picture of the back of the game. That will tell us for sure.

My wife has family 15 minutes away from Sturbridge. I should have gone this weekend … :/

#3143 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I should have gone this weekend … :/

You should have! Then we would have a lot more info.

#3144 1 year ago

Lol, maybe CGC decided to pump out some SE+

Let the LE buyers start to go crazy, haha.

Full disclosure, Im down for a LE and happy to wait.

My preference is for these teething problems to be sorted prior to the LE shipping.

In addition, I spent at least 20-30 hours of my own time sorting out JJP design flaws and poor QC on a supposed premium product.

I definitely do not wish to go through that shit again.

@ CGC it is appreciated that take your time to do the best you can in delivering a better product.

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow the wires from the sensor to where they plug in under the playfield. Unplug them, then plug back in, and be sure it's tight.

Looks like everything is plugged in snug.

I did find this in the Bart scoop. Not sure what it's broken off of or if it's causing anything

20220624_201654 (resized).jpg20220624_201654 (resized).jpg
#3146 1 year ago

Have heard lots of opinions - how many here wax new CGC games vs leave just the clearcoat?

#3147 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Have heard lots of opinions - how many here wax new CGC games vs leave just the clearcoat?

I always wax a new game unless I’m putting on a playfield protector.

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

No more wax for my pinball machines ever.
Wax is for cars, not pinball imho.

Wax will eventually slow the ball down and make more crud on the playfield.

I stopped waxing my playfields a few years ago and stick with Novus 1 for playfield cleaning.

Best decision I ever made for modern playfields.

#3149 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

No more wax for my pinball machines ever.
Wax is for cars, not pinball imho.
Wax will eventually slow the ball down and make more crud on the playfield.
I stopped waxing my playfields a few years ago and stick with Novus 1 for playfield cleaning.
Best decision I ever made for modern playfields.

Agree, I hate wax on modern games myself.

#3150 1 year ago

Just heard from Ryan. The LE at Pintastic is the show prototype, not a production game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
7,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.