(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,434 posts - Hot topic!
  • 757 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by jesperpark
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 309.
#2951 1 year ago

It appears my game did not come from the factory with the finishing screw on top of the hexagonal post near Bart (see photo). I just noticed this after a few months of ownership. Anyone know the correct size and style screw that belongs in that spot? Many thanks.

IMG_20220620_134242102 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_20220620_134242102 (2) (resized).jpg
#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

It appears my game did not come from the factory with the finishing screw on top of the hexagonal post near Bart (see photo). I just noticed this after a few months of ownership. Anyone know the correct size and style screw that belongs in that spot? Many thanks.[quoted image]

I should have a plastic disc on top of that post possibly.

The originals had one...

#2953 1 year ago

Just called my distributor about my L.e order... They think late summer to fall...

#2954 1 year ago

Looks like CGC has blown through most of the original SE buyers as many distributors have them in stock now.

#2955 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

It appears my game did not come from the factory with the finishing screw on top of the hexagonal post near Bart (see photo).

That is the way it is. Nothing goes there.

LTG : )

#2956 1 year ago

Q: What’s the hold up on the LE and SE+?
A: Parts for the toppers
Q: Can’t you ship the toppers separately?
A: No

Hehe... I’m impatiently waiting for my SE+ with a topper! Lol.

8B88198A-CBD1-42C5-A359-BD54EB74EFCE (resized).jpeg8B88198A-CBD1-42C5-A359-BD54EB74EFCE (resized).jpeg
#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Q: What’s the hold up on the LE and SE+?
A: Parts for the toppers
Q: Can’t you ship the toppers separately?
A: No
Hehe... I’m impatiently waiting for my SE+ with a topper! Lol.
[quoted image]

Just because someone at CGC said they were waiting on topper parts doesn't mean they're not waiting on other parts as well. My guess is its not just the topper

#2958 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just because someone at CGC said they were waiting on topper parts doesn't mean they're not waiting on other parts as well. My guess is its not just the topper

I’ll take one SE then please and an invoice for my separate shipping charges to be billed when the topper is ready. Plenty of SE’s coming off the line. My distributor has them in stock also.

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’ll take one SE then please and an invoice for my separate shipping charges to be billed when the topper is ready. Plenty of SE’s coming off the line. My distributor has them in stock also.

I get it, but not sure CGC will do that? My guess is they're probably waiting on topper, and other LE specific parts as well i.e. apron, ect....

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is the way it is. Nothing goes there.

LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd! I just found it odd that there was nothing "finishing off" the top of the post so thanks for confirming that I'm not missing anything!

#2961 1 year ago

Has anyone installed the drop target Cliffy's? I sent him an email asking about fitment, and he replied that while he has sold a dozen full sets, no one has reported back.

#2962 1 year ago

I have serial number 1384 (mid March build). Great game.... pulled it in Friday because we are shuffling stuff around with the stern leaderboards coming out. It’ll go back out on location but we are having fun with it!

One thing I noticed... looks like they messed up the wiring on jackpot and combo lights on the left ramp. How do I fix this LOL.... I guess I could flip the lamp board but the board is mounted the right way... just the actual lights are reversed

Mike

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I have serial number 1384 (mid March build). *snip* One thing I noticed... looks like they messed up the wiring on jackpot and combo lights on the left ramp. How do I fix this LOL.... I guess I could flip the lamp board but the board is mounted the right way... just the actual lights are reversed
Mike

Interesting! I'll check this on my machine right now............ hmmm glad I checked. Mine are all in the correct spot. But #84 bad guy arrow is inop. I'll have to start a ticket. Luckily that lamp is on a tiny board that screws into the main board.

#2964 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Interesting! I'll check this on my machine right now............ hmmm glad I checked. Mine are all in the correct spot. But #84 bad guy arrow is inop. I'll have to start a ticket. Luckily that lamp is on a tiny board that screws into the main board.

Here are pics in test mode

086FCB2C-EED9-454A-A0E2-BE77C3853234 (resized).jpeg086FCB2C-EED9-454A-A0E2-BE77C3853234 (resized).jpeg140BACF8-9ED0-4FC0-A9C8-38A52CBF236F (resized).jpeg140BACF8-9ED0-4FC0-A9C8-38A52CBF236F (resized).jpeg
#2965 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Make sure the screws are tight on the lamp board. I had one with a loose screw that made it intermittent.

#2966 1 year ago

How is the mine supposed to move ? At periods during the game mine is almost closed and will move upwards after the shot it is made sometimes

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Make sure the screws are tight on the lamp board. I had one with a loose screw that made it intermittent.

Thanks for the suggestion. Screws were tight. I pulled the little board off and inspected it (looked fine). Since it was labeled for that position I decided not to swap with another position at this time.

I looked back at footage when I first powered on the machine and it was out then.

#2968 1 year ago

Does anyone else have this what appears to be a drip stain on the front of this cabinet. It looks like a run on some sort from the start button down to the bottom of the cabinet in between the leg and the lizard. It’s not a scratch. It’s entirely smooth to the touch. I’ve tried soap and water, doesn’t wash off. Appears to be a stain on the decal. Just wondering if anyone has a similar issue.

3843BE26-DBFA-4449-AAC3-4DAEDA98E601 (resized).jpeg3843BE26-DBFA-4449-AAC3-4DAEDA98E601 (resized).jpeg
#2969 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Does anyone else have this what appears to be a drip stain on the front of this cabinet. It looks like a run on some sort from the start button down to the bottom of the cabinet in between the leg and the lizard. It’s not a scratch. It’s entirely smooth to the touch. I’ve tried soap and water, doesn’t wash off. Appears to be a stain on the decal. Just wondering if anyone has a similar issue.[quoted image]

Your decal also looks like it’s bubbling from the leg. Is CGC not installing those metal or plastic spacers so the legs aren’t so tight to the cabinet?

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Your decal also looks like it’s bubbling from the leg. Is CGC not installing those metal or plastic spacers so the legs aren’t so tight to the cabinet?

Mine has metal protectors

#2971 1 year ago

So I checked mine after the comment on the metal leg protectors, which mine has from factory and there were 3 cuts in the cabinet art from the legs. I applied felt to the leg and to the metal protector and it moved the leg far enough that they no longer touch the cabinet.
No stains on mine and that's a bummer yours is on the front of the machine.

#2972 1 year ago

Having lunch at the Phoenix airport. The hot sauce looks like it could have been bottled in Cactus Canyon.

5439BE1E-0C8B-4ED5-A32F-D335E075A488 (resized).jpeg5439BE1E-0C8B-4ED5-A32F-D335E075A488 (resized).jpeg
#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Appears to be a stain on the decal. Just wondering if anyone has a similar issue.

I agree about the bubbling but does anyone have the staining issue?

#2974 1 year ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

So I checked mine after the comment on the metal leg protectors, which mine has from factory and there were 3 cuts in the cabinet art from the legs. I applied felt to the leg and to the metal protector and it moved the leg far enough that they no longer touch the cabinet.

Yup mine too unfortunately. I just added felt myself like you suggested to keep from getting worse but unfortunately the damage was already done.

#2975 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Yup mine too unfortunately. I just added felt myself like you suggested to keep from getting worse but unfortunately the damage was already done.

So the legs are digging into the decal even with the protector?

I've seen that with plastic leg protectors but not the metal ones. Can you tell if the metal protector has sunk into the wood a bit?

#2976 1 year ago

Not sinking in, they are just too thin.

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So the legs are digging into the decal even with the protector?
I've seen that with plastic leg protectors but not the metal ones. Can you tell if the metal protector has sunk into the wood a bit?

Replace the thin CGC leg protectors with the mantis ones.

They are twice as thick.

Maybe order them before you get your game.

I stock them in my shop for resto's

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Quoted from TeamUp:

Yup Houston we definitely have a problem here atleast 3 of my legs are touching not wrinkling yet and can't tell if it's cut but this is definitely an issue. How was this not noticed on other CGC games? I mean this is why I usually don't do 1st runs but wtf

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

How was this not noticed on other CGC games?

I have had all three and still have Medieval Madness. Did not have this issue on any of them. Maybe a different part supplier?

#2980 1 year ago

HEP pointed this replacement leg issue out in his thread and to prevent damage used the thicker Mantis leg protectors if I remember correctly.

#2981 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

HEP pointed this replacement leg issue out in his thread and to prevent damage used the thicker Mantis leg protectors if I remember correctly.

I remembered incorrectly. HEP used a thicker screw head to attach the protector to stand-off the legs from the cabinet. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/223#post-6933815

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Good to know. I’ll add some felt as well. Before I set my game up.

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Good to know. I’ll add some felt as well. Before I set my game up.

Yeah all 4 of my legs caused damage. I did felt temporary until my mantis protectors come in.
Definitely disappointing but it is what it is now. Glad the LE owners know now and hopefully CGC makes part changes to prevent this!

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have had all three and still have Medieval Madness. Did not have this issue on any of them. Maybe a different part supplier?

Not sure this is my first CGC so I can't compare but I would have a closer look if I were you I will say the matel bracket is super thin compared to my Sterns. Not good at all I've only had this on legs for 37 plays in a month!

#2985 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Not sure this is my first CGC so I can't compare but I would have a closer look if I were you I will say the matel bracket is super thin compared to my Sterns.

When I sold my AFM and MB there was no damage. Also, this would have been posted in those threads too. Unfortunately this is a new problem.

#2986 1 year ago

Would it just make sense to proactively trace just behind the legs with an x-acto knife?

#2987 1 year ago

When I sold my AFM and MB there was no damage. Also, this would have been posted in those thread too. Unfortunately this is a new problem.

Probably right that makes sense stupid things happen when you try to save a buck!

#2988 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Would it just make sense to proactively trace just behind the legs with an x-acto knife?

I could do that on my front decals where it touched and cut in if it shows up but wouldn't solve the problem then it would cut into the cabinet. It dug into the bottom of the back of the cabinet with no decal there

#2989 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Probably right that makes sense stupid things happen when you try to save a buck!

Odd that is issue is just now popping up. I wonder if something has changed with the supplier. Anyone with this issue should open a ticket with CGC and see what they say.

#2990 1 year ago

Anyone with this issue should open a ticket with CGC and see what they say.

I opened a ticket this afternoon. I’ll report back what they say.

#2991 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I opened a ticket this afternoon. I’ll report back what they say.

Please do. Sorry you are dealing with this.

#2992 1 year ago

I fit felt and plastic leg protector to any game that comes into my house regardless if it has spacers.
95% off machines never came out with spacers

#2993 1 year ago

Spooky had the cabinet wrinkling problem on Rick and Morty. They also have metal protectors but the problem arouse because the legs were bent in just a tad extra. Maybe this is what's going on with Chicago Gaming (legs).

#2994 1 year ago

Checked my legs and their offset from the game no wrinkling

#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Yeah all 4 of my legs caused damage. I did felt temporary until my mantis protectors come in.
Definitely disappointing but it is what it is now. Glad the LE owners know now and hopefully CGC makes part changes to prevent this!

Shoot, can you post a link to the product?
Thanks

Richard

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Shoot, can you post a link to the product?
Thanks

Richard

https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

#2997 1 year ago

I use the Stern metal leg protectors on all my 90's Bally/Williams games with no problems.

Just curious on these Mantis leg protectors, if they are even THICKER than the Stern ones. Does anybody have BOTH styles to compare the thickness? PLEASE let me know. THANKS!

Dan

#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Replace the thin CGC leg protectors with the mantis ones.
They are twice as thick.
Maybe order them before you get your game.
I stock them in my shop for resto's

One of the solutions for R&M was to put two metal protectors on each leg because they are so thin.

If the leg touches the cabinet, wrinkles will eventually appear.

#2999 1 year ago

I can only fit 1 more right now. CC SE or FunHouse... What is the correct choice?
Currently, iIn my room I have Beatles, Rocky & Bullwinkle, TMNT and room for one more.

#3000 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

One of the solutions for R&M was to put two metal protectors on each leg because they are so thin.
If the leg touches the cabinet, wrinkles will eventually appear.

This is true if you have extra sets of the thin ones in your tool box.

But if you have to order them, just get the Mantis ones. And get a couple sets for future use.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
There are 15,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/60?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.