(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 309.
#251 2 years ago

So are there protectors for the playfield... or are we still waiting for a cliffy fix

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those wondering about Cliffy-type protection on the playfield:

There are Cliffy-type protectors around the mine shaft entrance, the ramp entrances and the ball exit/trough. The shooter lane/ball eject and both sides of the saloon entry (Bart target) may need protectors. Factory installed Mylar is around the bad guy drop targets and switches at ramp ball drops; those areas may need Cliffys too.

#253 2 years ago

Thoughts from someone who has quite a bit of time on CCr when asked whether the game will have staying power:

“It is a rinse and repeat game because it is from the 90's and players skills have developed with more difficult and deeper rule set games over the last 20 years. However, that is playing the completed code, and what Lyman will bring can change all of that with a deeper rule set.

The current CCr is great for players who do not play pinball all the time to walk up and have a good time. It is also a great game for better players to see how far you can get around the game in its own challenge, plus the nostalgia, great not licensed storytelling, etc. I beat the game twice last night and kept challenging myself in different ways to better my skill and shots.

It will have staying power in my household because of the amount of family and friends who are loving it. My highest score is right under 300 million. Oh, and the interactive topper game is hands down fun. Like the other CGC remakes, theses games were difficult back then, but now are just fun to play.”

This lines up with my expectations and I’m looking forward to my game.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

However, that is playing the completed code, and what Lyman will bring can change all of that with a deeper rule set..

Curious if this source has actually played parts of the Lyman code or just making an assumption?

I am of the opinion the best machines to have are ones that company (visitors) can play and enjoy, maybe even get them hooked on pinball. I honestly am not that good anyhow to reach the billion or 2 scores I often see people get on Godzilla etc. I have the newer sterns at local arcades and do enjoy them, but my taste's lean to the easier.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thoughts from someone who has quite a bit of time on CCr when asked whether the game will have staying power:
“It is a rinse and repeat game because it is from the 90's and players skills have developed with more difficult and deeper rule set games over the last 20 years. However, that is playing the completed code, and what Lyman will bring can change all of that with a deeper rule set.
The current CCr is great for players who do not play pinball all the time to walk up and have a good time. It is also a great game for better players to see how far you can get around the game in its own challenge, plus the nostalgia, great not licensed storytelling, etc. I beat the game twice last night and kept challenging myself in different ways to better my skill and shots.
It will have staying power in my household because of the amount of family and friends who are loving it. My highest score is right under 300 million. Oh, and the interactive topper game is hands down fun. Like the other CGC remakes, theses games were difficult back then, but now are just fun to play.”
This lines up with my expectations and I’m looking forward to my game.

This will of course differ from player to player

I ‘Hope’ it will be a long time resident in my collection it was in my previous collection I like diversity

2 flippers
4 flippers

Ramps / Side Ramps pure geometry

Each game with Their own flavor

I own 7 pins so I see it as if I lose interest I walk away and rediscover the love again in time

The Lyman Sheats (RIP) addition will just be a nice bonus to change it up some

The layout is no different then what you find today

Fan layout - ish with X shots for a reaction

I enjoyed the first CC I owned and welcome CCLE when it arrives
8EE66EE9-9307-481C-B415-19759ED9F0E4 (resized).jpeg8EE66EE9-9307-481C-B415-19759ED9F0E4 (resized).jpeg

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Curious if this source has actually played parts of the Lyman code or just making an assumption?
I am of the opinion the best machines to have are ones that company (visitors) can play and enjoy, maybe even get them hooked on pinball. I honestly am not that good anyhow to reach the billion or 2 scores I often see people get on Godzilla etc. I have the newer sterns at local arcades and do enjoy them, but my taste's lean to the easier.

I got a chance to play a few games on it today and it's a pure throwback pin which I liked. I had not spent a lot of time on the original so this was basically a new game to me.

I think this will be one of the games where people who don't play much come over and have a great time on it. I also think with the to-be-released additional Lyman code it will be a keeper for me.

I don't know all the rules to the finished code and basically just tried to hit the blinking lights and managed to put up a GC. I had a great time and can't wait to get my LE.

20220302_114644 (resized).jpg20220302_114644 (resized).jpg
#257 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

This will of course differ from player to player
I ‘Hope’ it will be a long time resident in my collection it was in my previous collection I like diversity
2 flippers
4 flippers
Ramps / Side Ramps pure geometry
Each game with Their own flavor
I own 7 pins so I see it as if I lose interest I walk away and rediscover the love again in time
The Lyman Sheats (RIP) addition will just be a nice bonus to change it up some
The layout is no different then what you find today
Fan layout - ish with X shots for a reaction
I enjoyed the first CC I owned and welcome CCLE when it arrives
[quoted image]

Off topic...

Nice collection. I also have a RS. Question about that "Super Pin" decal on the coin door. Mine doesn't have it but it's on the flyer for the game. Did yours come with that decal? I've been looking for the decal but can't find one anywhere.

#258 2 years ago

the best machines to have are ones that company (visitors) can play and enjoy, maybe even get them hooked on pinball. I honestly am not that good anyhow to reach the billion or 2 scores I often see people get on Godzilla etc.

Absolutely. I think this game is a win-win. Will be great for new folks for whom CCr is their first NIB and for almost anyone who likes the classic 90’s WMS games or already has a few games in their collection. Not every game needs to be super deep even for home use. CCr is currently similar in depth to “shoot 3 times” sister games AFM and MM.

With the changes Chicago Gaming has made this is more Cactus Canyon reimagined than remade with enough so both WMS generation and modern day game fans will enjoy the game. I’m not sure I’ll sit and admire it for half an hour as at least one Pinsider has done but it’s going to be a great addition to my game room.

#259 2 years ago

this is just people optimistic about what the new extended version will bring. Note the 'can bring'

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Off topic...
Nice collection. I also have a RS. Question about that "Super Pin" decal on the coin door. Mine doesn't have it but it's on the flyer for the game. Did yours come with that decal? I've been looking for the decal but can't find one anywhere.

Thank you

That decal was purchased wow … 10 yrs ago from a member of RPG

I added it to my game as it seemed fitting

Not sure if still available

B2B4BFA8-93C9-4DE1-AE67-3F840445E006 (resized).pngB2B4BFA8-93C9-4DE1-AE67-3F840445E006 (resized).png

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

this is just people optimistic about what the new extended version will bring. Note the 'can bring'

I think it's a bit more than that now, with Josh speaking about the code in several podcasts. It's obviously a much deeper game with Lyman's code, just how deep, we'll have to wait and see. It will certainly be much more enjoyable to play. When was the last game Lyman was involved in not fun??

#262 2 years ago

My BSD isn’t fun 99% of the time & it’s not a deep game, but man it’s a challenge, it’s that one game of 30 miilllioon that keeps you coming back. CFTBL I imagine would be in the same league as CCr, So I’ll be happy to put a less challenging game in the line; bring on my LE

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

It's obviously a much deeper game with Lyman's code, just how deep, we'll have to wait and see. It will certainly be much more enjoyable to play.

I wouldn't say it's obviously a much deeper game. I vaguely remember one of the earlier interviews with Sharpe talking about how they want to keep the Williams feel and how he feels like part of that comes from being able to get to the exciting bits of the game quickly. He made it sound like he wanted their code to be what the game should've been at launch, not what it would be now.

That being said, it undoubtably will be deeper, but I don't think it will be very deep when compared to new games that come out.

#264 2 years ago

I'll be setting mine up more on the difficult side when it shows up, but I have no doubt this game is going to be pure 90s magic.
I've only played it at expo, but even there I knew it was a great shooter and just fun - and the more I play over time, the more I appreciate fun vs deep code anyways.
Speaking of code, it's great that this will have 3 versions to choose from once Lyman/Sharpe code debuts, that makes it unique on it's own and bittersweet/special for being the last game Lyman worked on.

Very excited to bring this one home.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I think it's a bit more than that now, with Josh speaking about the code in several podcasts. It's obviously a much deeper game with Lyman's code

I find it hard to claim any of it is 'obviously' anything given we know nothing but 10k foot views about it. But the poster was asking if the commentator had some insider access.. that wasn't inferred in the quote.

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You misread the quote - it’s not “can bring” — it’s “what Lyman will bring”.

And since I doubt you know the source you shouldn’t assume what it means anyway. The Lyman code is far more than folks just being optimistic.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I find it hard to claim any of it is 'obviously' anything given we know nothing but 10k foot views about it. But the poster was asking if the commentator had some insider access...

Agreed regarding “obviously”.

I’m not going to comment further other than to say the author of the quoted opinion has not played the Lyman code.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You misread the quote - it’s not “can bring” — it’s “what Lyman will bring”.,

Yet you confirm " other than to say the author of the opinion has not played the Lyman code."

I didn't misread anything. The part I cited was to clarify the future tense of the code, not to suggest it was already in place (as played).. which you also confirmed, they hadn't played it. The line about what Lyman 'will bring' is just another forward looking statement that isn't the author's actual play experience.. which is what the actual question was about.

I really don't care what people want to project the future product to be - until we know what it is, it's still largely clouded with projection and hope. I am sure they will release a great product... but you're not going to find me writing reviews of it yet

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yet you confirm " other than to say the author of the opinion has not played the Lyman code."
I didn't misread anything. The part I cited was to clarify the future tense of the code, not to suggest it was already in place (as played).. which you also confirmed, they hadn't played it. The line about what Lyman 'will bring' is just another forward looking statement that isn't the author's actual play experience.. which is what the actual question was about.
I really don't care what people want to project the future product to be - until we know what it is, it's still largely clouded with projection and hope. I am sure they will release a great product... but you're not going to find me writing reviews of it yet

That would be nuts, anybody attempting to review anything before they've actually played it is simply crazy. Just like anyone that claims it will be the best coded ever. The guarantee is, not only will it be better than the original WMS code, it will be better than the updated CGC code, Lyman's involvement absolutely guarantees that. Just how much better, we'll have to wait and see.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The part I cited was to clarify the future tense of the code, not to suggest it was already in place (as played).. which you also confirmed

Not exactly. I said that the author hadn’t played the code.

The code is not an optimistic projection. I’m confident we will see it in the upgrade kit later this year. We can review it then.

#271 2 years ago

Get a room you two.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Face slap.

#275 2 years ago

I got to play an SE at LSOG in Lutz this afternoon. It was parked next to a Mandalorian Pro and looked so much better in my humble opinion. CCR is very bright and colorful compared to what I recall playing at the PHoF years ago. The color graphics, lit side targets, call outs, and sound were amazing. I have an LE on order mainly for guests and theme since my guests have historically preferred my CGC remakes over anything else I have. So, I was a little worried how much I would enjoy it. Today, after playing short games on Rush, Mandalorian, and CCR, I'm totally happy I purchased CCR over the others. I didn't get deep into the code, so I have no idea how much fun long games will be for those who are good players, but I'm not a great player anyway.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I got to play an SE at LSOG in Lutz this afternoon. It was parked next to a Mandalorian Pro and looked so much better in my humble opinion. CCR is very bright and colorful compared to what I recall playing at the PHoF years ago. The color graphics, lit side targets, call outs, and sound were amazing. I have an LE on order mainly for guests and theme since my guests have historically preferred my CGC remakes over anything else I have. So, I was a little worried how much I would enjoy it. Today, after playing short games on Rush, Mandalorian, and CCR, I'm totally happy I purchased CCR over the others. I didn't get deep into the code, so I have no idea how much fun long games will be for those who are good players, but I'm not a great player anyway.

Great to hear! Glad you enjoyed it!

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

….my guests have historically preferred my CGC remakes over anything else I have.

Same here. Everyone loves the remakes. It’s that 90s magic!

#278 2 years ago

Got to play the machine in tournament today. Lots of fun but the roll over indicators were not working.

FAB373B9-EB02-46C7-8A2B-7BF7E8F0C305 (resized).jpegFAB373B9-EB02-46C7-8A2B-7BF7E8F0C305 (resized).jpeg
#279 2 years ago

Any location places in Colorado getting one of these? Windfall Brewery needs one of these to match the kick ass LE line up. My favorite place place to go now.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Any location places in Colorado getting one of these? Windfall Brewery needs one of these to match the kick ass LE line up. My favorite place place to go now.

1UP on Colfax in Denver has a CCR.

#281 2 years ago

That feeling when you see your game arrived at your local terminal and you got a long day at work. Do I start violently coughing and pretend to puke now or later? Lol. Oops, I just now contracted covid….

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

That feeling when you see your game arrived at your local terminal and you got a long day at work. Do I start violently coughing and pretend to puke now or later? Lol. Oops, I just now contracted covid….

Definitely start complaining about you stomach feeling bad immediately. In an hour or so, go the bathroom and force a puke. Announce what has just transpired (minus the forced part), and leave early.

#283 2 years ago

Got mine in, and spent a good day with it so far. I like the theme, the art, and definitely the CGC build quality. Bionic Bart is pretty cool, a bit better than the Continued version. Sure would have like to see some other Barts, Betty, Bull, Maybe not Rudy. I do miss the Continued Cowboys Vs. Aliens though.

Not many OG CC's around, these parts, so it's nice to add a little something new to the mix.

Can't wait to see what the Lyman code looks like when they drop it.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Definitely start complaining about you stomach feeling bad immediately. In an hour or so, go the bathroom and force a puke. Announce what has just transpired (minus the forced part), and leave early.

Follow this plan to the letter!

#285 2 years ago

Mine is being delivered to my house today! Unfortunately I’m out of town till Saturday!

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Mine is being delivered to my house today! Unfortunately I’m out of town till Saturday!

You win the RUPA (Really Unfortunate Planning Award) for March 2022.

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You win the RUPA (Really Unfortunate Planning Award) for March 2022.

#288 2 years ago

Menu video.

LTG : )

#289 2 years ago

FAQ on Shootout video mode updated:

Is there a Shootout video mode when the topper is not installed?
Yes.

When the topper is not installed Shootout can be played on the display like video modes in earlier WPC games IF Adjustment G.21 is set to Yes (counter intuitive if you don’t have the topper) (Default is No)

Use Adjustment G.25 (2nd Shootout) to set the number of beer mug shots needed (Default: 30).

Added over 2 years ago:

This is incorrect. The FAQ has been updated to reflect current information.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Menu video.

Thanks Lloyd!

Due to a Pinside bug I can’t embed it in the FAQ but have linked your post.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Menu video.

Thanks for the great video!

Also, its great to hear all the background noise for a busy location!

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Menu video.

Thanks Lloyd!

#293 2 years ago

Now we need someone to post a video of the Shootout video mode!

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Now we need someone to post a video of the Shootout video mode!

Or just wait to play it.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Or just wait to play it.

Where is the fun in that? Isn’t this a hype thread?
Edit. Oops! Wrong thread.

#296 2 years ago

Video of the shootout mode when no topper is installed. To enable this mode you must have Adjustment G. 21 set to "Yes".

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Video of the shootout mode when no topper is installed. To enable this mode you must have Adjustment G. 21 set to "Yes".

Cool! How do you know where your gun is aimed with no topper? Looks like the topper has some led lights on the bottom of it to indicate where your gun is pointing? Or maybe I’m wrong on this.
Thanks!

Richard

EF7E8627-C4AA-4163-B127-20069D013764 (resized).jpegEF7E8627-C4AA-4163-B127-20069D013764 (resized).jpeg
#298 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Video of the shootout mode

well that was anticlimactic.... poor Sherriff didn't get one shot off ....RIP

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

well that was anticlimactic.... poor Sherriff didn't get one shot off ....RIP

I didn’t say it was an exciting shootout

I’ll replace the video when I have a better sheriff.

Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

How do you know where your gun is aimed with no topper?

Use the flippers to select the bad guy; hit both flippers to shoot.
(P.S. I stole your picture for the FAQ)

#300 2 years ago

hello...  CGC....JPGhello... CGC....JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.