(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,400 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 383 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 308.
#201 2 years ago

For those wondering about Cliffy-type protection on the playfield:

There are Cliffy-type protectors around the mine shaft entrance, the ramp entrances and the ball exit/trough. The shooter lane/ball eject and both sides of the saloon entry (Bart target) may need protectors. Factory installed Mylar is around the bad guy drop targets and switches at ramp ball drops; those areas may need Cliffys too.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those wondering about Cliffy-type protection on the playfield:
There are Cliffy-type protectors around the mine shaft entrance, the ramp entrances and the ball exit/trough. The shooter lane/ball eject and both sides of the saloon entry (Bart target) may need protectors. Factory installed Mylar is around the bad guy drop targets and switches at ramp ball drops; those areas may need Cliffys too.

Anyone testing if original CC cliffy sets will fit CCR ?

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone testing if original CC cliffy sets will fit CCR ?

I stopped by and spoke to Cliffy this morning and asked him about CCr protectors. He doesn't know if his existing Williams sets will exactly fit CCr.
He did note that MMr & MBr fit the Williams sets perfectly, but that CGC did change AFMr playfield so his existing sets didn't fit perfectly.

So, he can't guarantee that his existing CC sets will fit CCr. He has sold a few CC sets to future CCr owners, so results should be coming soon.
I've offered him my CCr LE when I get it, but this issue should be resolved by then.

Robert

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I stopped by and spoke to Cliffy this morning and asked him about CCr protectors. He doesn't know if his existing Williams sets will exactly fit CCr.
He did note that MMr & MBr fit the Williams sets perfectly, but that CGC did change AFMr playfield so his existing sets didn't fit perfectly.
So, he can't guarantee that his existing CC sets will fit CCr. He has sold a few CC sets to future CCr owners, so results should be coming soon.
I've offered him my CCr LE when I get it, but this issue should be resolved by then.
Robert

I ordered a set from him to check how things fit on my CCr. I will let you guys know what works as soon as I get them.

#205 2 years ago

There are a few tributes to Lyman in the game.

Thank you Doug_Duba and everyone at Chicago Gaming. Classy move.
RIP Sheriff Sheats.

689979B2-A734-44C4-988C-2D3BD3C236E2 (resized).jpeg689979B2-A734-44C4-988C-2D3BD3C236E2 (resized).jpeg
#206 2 years ago

I was able to play it this weekend and ordered one. Nicely done remake. It’s very good.

#207 2 years ago

Waaaaaaaah!!!

4E18D3C6-1CBD-41D6-8CD5-581FD9682485 (resized).png4E18D3C6-1CBD-41D6-8CD5-581FD9682485 (resized).png
#208 2 years ago

Out of curiosity, how are most making final payment, check or wire to PPS, if anyone has gotten theirs from them?

#209 2 years ago

I’ve added a link to the CGC rules for the game in the FAQ in the first post. See the “Game Play” section, “Where can I find the rules?” and click on the highlighted link.

If anyone has more details PM me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town#post-6777875

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Out of curiosity, how are most making final payment, check or wire to PPS, if anyone has gotten theirs from them?

I was told I could get one last week this week. Suppose to get an invoice today but nothing hit my inbox. I hate the process of buying new games.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Waaaaaaaah!!!

Who did you order from?

#212 2 years ago

Has anyone received and invoice from pinballstar?

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Has anyone received and invoice from pinballstar?

Not me. I emailed Joe when I heard games started shipping just to see if he had any updated info from CGC. He did not. I got a very polite, well worded, be patient, ill let you know asap. I've never ordered from PinballStar before, but I have no concerns. Joe has a good reputation and he's always answered my emails. It sure would be nice to know if he's getting any of his allotment soon though.

#214 2 years ago

I've dealt with Joe many times. Couldn't ask for a better person to deal with. He will never steer you wrong. The moment he has something he will let you know. He probably hasn't got his allotment yet. Don't fret Joe is awesome.

#215 2 years ago

I have one coming via Hemispheres. Sent in balance today so hoping to see a shipping notification soon! I opted to go pick it up at a place not too far from me vs shipping to my house.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I've dealt with Joe many times. Couldn't ask for a better person to deal with. He will never steer you wrong. The moment he has something he will let you know. He probably hasn't got his allotment yet. Don't fret Joe is awesome.

Yeah he’s a good dude and very responsive suppose I’m just excited to get the game.

This will probably the last nib game I get to buy for a long time.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Yeah he’s a good dude and very responsive suppose I’m just excited to get the game.
This will probably the last nib game I get to buy for a long time.

With the way prices are going I'm in the same boat. Don't know how many NIB I can do moving forward.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from rue_:

Who did you order from?

PPS but it’s dropshipped directly from Cgc I believe.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not me. I emailed Joe when I heard games started shipping just to see if he had any updated info from CGC. He did not. I got a very polite, well worded, be patient, ill let you know asap. I've never ordered from PinballStar before, but I have no concerns. Joe has a good reputation and he's always answered my emails. It sure would be nice to know if he's getting any of his allotment soon though.

I can’t say enough good things about Joe at PinballStar! He is a great distributor and more importantly he is heck of a good guy who genuinely cares about his customers.

#220 2 years ago

Same here. I've bought from Joe several times. He'll let you know when payment is due and won't bs you

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There are a few tributes to Lyman in the game.
Thank you Doug_Duba and everyone at Chicago Gaming. Classy move.
RIP Sheriff Sheats.[quoted image]

Very nice!

RIP Lyman

#222 2 years ago

Well I got the news I am number five on my distributor list, first home customer. He has delivered a couple so far so hopefully soon.

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Well I got the news I am number five on my distributor list, first home customer. He has delivered a couple so far so hopefully soon.

Cool!

#224 2 years ago

Any word on yours yet?

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Any word on yours yet?

Nope! Just send them a message and no news for me yet!

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Nope! Just send them a message and no news for me yet!

Ugh. Fingers crossed that you hear soon.

#227 2 years ago

Just curious, is there a preloaded “Bally” logo on the CCr to select on the mini screen under the DMD?
I saw some videos from Expo that had the Bally logo on that mini screen. Just wondering if the games that shipped have the option to switch between the Bally logo and the CGC logo.
Thanks!
Richard

3FBB1931-FA1B-4CF8-8DC1-B8E3875E8626 (resized).jpeg3FBB1931-FA1B-4CF8-8DC1-B8E3875E8626 (resized).jpeg
#228 2 years ago

There is an option to switch between the default Chicago Gaming Company and a user supplied one.

Whether there is a supplied userlogo.bmp file that has the Bally logo I don’t know but there is a Bally logo file in the FAQ that can be converted to bmp and used.

Perhaps one of the early recipients can comment.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There is an option to switch between the default Chicago Gaming Company and a user supplied one.

Page 1-12 in the MBR manual has instructions on how to do this.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

LTG : )

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Whether there is a supplied userlogo.bmp file that has the Bally logo I don’t know but there is a Bally logo file in the FAQ that can be converted to bmp and used.
Perhaps one of the early recipients can comment.

Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-12 in the MBR manual has instructions on how to do this.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

Sounds good!
I have resized a Bally logo for fun so I will use that!
Thanks guys!
Richard

9C7D0B41-03C7-4ACC-80C9-C0173F48A6DD (resized).jpeg9C7D0B41-03C7-4ACC-80C9-C0173F48A6DD (resized).jpeg
#231 2 years ago

The option is U 10. in the new menu system for a custom logo and U 11. for a custom attract mode message.
Both are documented on page 1-47 in the Cactus Canyon Remake manual (though it is currently missing some detail).

The FAQ will be updated when I have pictures from a CCr in the above maintenance screens.

The official online version of the manual is not available yet but will be linked in the FAQ when it is. More key info from the manual will be in the FAQ soon.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

What distributor?

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The FAQ will be updated when I have pictures from a CCr in the above maintenance screens.

These help ?

DSC00618 (resized).JPGDSC00618 (resized).JPGDSC00619 (resized).JPGDSC00619 (resized).JPGDSC00620 (resized).JPGDSC00620 (resized).JPGDSC00621 (resized).JPGDSC00621 (resized).JPG
#234 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

These help ?

Indeed. Thanks Lloyd. FAQ has been updated.

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Indeed. Thanks Lloyd. FAQ will be updated shortly.

So, how do us dummies that aren't computer literate get a Bally logo on an SD card in the correct format? Assume I know absolutely nothing and don't speak tech.

#236 2 years ago

So, how do us dummies that aren't computer literate get a Bally logo on an SD card in the correct format?

Search the MBR thread. Someone should have posted something.

#237 2 years ago

So, how do us dummies that aren't computer literate get a Bally logo on an SD card in the correct format? Assume I know absolutely nothing and don't speak tech.

Maybe this thread will help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-logo-mbr#post-5689842

#238 2 years ago

The thread Lloyd links is a good start. One of my to-dos is to add step by step instructions for the SD card creation in the FAQ.

#239 2 years ago

LTG - does the new menu system indeed feel/maneuver like the WMS menus?

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The thread Lloyd links is a good start. One of my to-dos is to add step by step instructions for the SD card creation in the FAQ.

jfh If it's allowed maybe even find a way to have a bally logo for people to download to use. If not allowed, maybe give the dimensions, file type, file size type of requirements. I could see a lot of people getting hung up on that who are trying to do it or even make their own. Just a thought and if you've already thought of that just ignore me.

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

LTG - does the new menu system indeed feel/maneuver like the WMS menus?

Yes. Maybe smoother and easier.

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

find a way to have a bally logo for people to download to use.

Check the link in my post #237. I believe there is one in there.

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

jfh If it's allowed maybe even find a way to have a bally logo for people to download to use. If not allowed, maybe give the dimensions, file type, file size type of requirements. I could see a lot of people getting hung up on that who are trying to do it or even make their own. Just a thought and if you've already thought of that just ignore me.

I’ve got most of that in the FAQ but the biggest roadblock is that Pinside does not allow a bitmap file to be attached. I have a couple ideas around it. I had thought of simply hosting a downloadable file but would probably need permission from PPS to do so. I don’t think Rick sees anything I post so if someone could ask that would be helpful.

As a start the file in the FAQ can be easily converted from jpg to bmp

#244 2 years ago

This is the thread that helped me make my custom logos. And the manual.
I’m not a PC expert either! May take a few tries!
But you will get it.

Richard

#245 2 years ago

LTG any changes to the boards behind the backglass or do they look the same as MBr?

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The option is U 10. in the new menu system for a custom logo and U 11. for a custom attract mode message.
Both are documented on page 1-47 in the Cactus Canyon Remake manual (though it is currently missing some detail).
The official online version of the manual is not available yet but will be linked in the FAQ when it is. More key info from the manual will be in the FAQ soon.

Is the manual available online at this time?

Edited: Not sure how to delete post but I see the answer now in the FAQ - thanks!

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LTG any changes to the boards behind the backglass or do they look the same as MBr?

DSC00622 (resized).JPGDSC00622 (resized).JPG
#248 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Looks familiar and just perfect!

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

What distributor?

KingPin

#250 2 years ago

will do some new speaker grills for CCR the next weeks

59$ shipped

286a36addab5d2f53d199921c759ec57d971b6e7 (resized).jpg286a36addab5d2f53d199921c759ec57d971b6e7 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/5?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.