(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 309.
#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I personal don't see much of a difference with what Dutch Pinball did compared to what CGC is doing.
They're both third parties licensing the old Williams properties from Planetary. They both changed out the operating system, added a new display and new code. They did all this while supporting the original game too.
It seems like everything BoP 2.0 did to distinguish itself from BoP, CGC has also done. Plus CGC is adding other things like Topper Mini games and whatever the additional hardware is with the enhanced code.
Why do you think BoP 2.0 did differently that CCr Enhanced isn't going to do?

One could argue that the change from alpha numeric displays to an LCD was substantial.

#2652 1 year ago

CC remake and CC original are not the same game.

I'd bet most buyers in this thread would not be purchasing an original if given the option at the same price.

#2653 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

One could argue that the change from alpha numeric displays to an LCD was substantial.

Agreed! and BoP2.0 / Rudy's Nightmare are full kits (LCD, MPU, Translites) that transform the original game into a different experience. I'm not sure CC Enchanced will be a materially different experience so much as some new modes/sound affects/multiballs, etc - ie an enhanced CC, but still basically the same game.

Adding a new database entry for CC Enhanced would be confusing as the mech/code update could be applied to CCSE, CCSE+ or CCLE. So in effect, you would have to add 3 new entries - which would be more confusing than it's worth IMO.

#2654 1 year ago

Curious of peoples thoughts, I know some are just No-Mod, but what is your opinion on if this would tastefully fit if your alright with mods, if I painted it up to match a character. Just trying to decide if I want to put the time in on the paint job.

IMG_1911 (resized).PNGIMG_1911 (resized).PNGIMG_1912 (resized).PNGIMG_1912 (resized).PNG
#2655 1 year ago

I love her! Plan on selling?

Quoted from polishedball:

Curious of peoples thoughts, I know some are just No-Mod, but what is your opinion on if this would tastefully fit if your alright with mods, if I painted it up to match a character. Just trying to decide if I want to put the time in on the paint job.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#2656 1 year ago

And this was the mine cart I received from the company I sent the print files to that I mentioned earlier in threads. $20

F7AFDF8A-51FA-4741-A25F-0B3BD28759D2 (resized).jpegF7AFDF8A-51FA-4741-A25F-0B3BD28759D2 (resized).jpeg
#2657 1 year ago

Thanks to Mezel Mods one side done. Doing other side now. I think it looks great!

8286E2C4-48F2-4943-8F36-2ED38BB428AB (resized).jpeg8286E2C4-48F2-4943-8F36-2ED38BB428AB (resized).jpeg
#2658 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

I love her! Plan on selling?

it is a straight ETSY purchase think this is a D&D item. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1109128606/jalissa-sitting-female-miniatures

75mm size

#2659 1 year ago

And this was the mine cart I received from the company I sent the print files to that I mentioned earlier in threads. $20
[quoted image]

Looks like a decent 3D print job to me. The layer height is a bit larger than I personally would do, but other than that, I can't see much wrong with it. Are you upset with the result?

I think it'll look great after a good sanding and painting.

#2660 1 year ago

Looks like a decent 3D print job to me. The layer height is a bit larger than I personally would do, but other than that, I can't see much wrong with it. Are you upset with the result?
I think it'll look great after a good sanding and painting.

Nope not upset just wanted to update the thread so people would know what to expect. I have had much worse prints in my hand before.

#2661 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

I love it! Beautiful.

#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Thanks to Mezel Mods one side done. Doing other side now. I think it looks great!
[quoted image]

Did those plastic protectors come with the game or did u add those?

#2663 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thickness of those yellow protectors seem overkill & hasn't passed the plastic in the lock nut, yellow does pop thou

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Thickness of those yellow protectors seem overkill & hasn't passed the plastic in the lock nut, yellow does pop thou

standard problem I've had on many games. Just wondering if they are adding those to the game at the factory? If so thats a nice touch

#2665 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ordered from Mezel Mods. I love ‘em. Put them on all my machines

#2666 1 year ago

Why do you think BoP 2.0 did differently that CCr Enhanced isn't going to do?

Bop shares only the physical playfield with bop 1.0. Bop 1.0 doesn’t have modes, the display, etc

CGC extended is setting up to be an expansion of the cc game and concept - not something entirely different like the 2.0 projects have done

#2667 1 year ago

#2668 1 year ago

Sorry, noob question but why do I see so many replies like the one above where they just put a “.” Am I missing something?

#2669 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Am I missing something?

Removed their post or saving a spot for later.

LTG : )

#2670 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Removed their post or saving a spot for later.

Thanks Lloyd. Just played with edit and realize there’s no way to delete a post. You need some “copy” - so makes sense in a situation where they want to delete altogether, but why would someone save a spot for later? Appreciate it’s totally off-topic, but also appreciate the education

#2671 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

but why would someone save a spot for later?

Add a picture or pictures, or information as it becomes available. So it's in one spot and not lost in a thread.

#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

There is another plastic protector option from mezel's site which are not as thick and the edges are rounded and polished.
I think they were made for the original CC but they fit perfect my my CCR.

#2673 1 year ago

I like this a lot. I assume she just lost her other boot in the river.

#2674 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I like this a lot. I assume she just lost her other boot in the river.

French heel massage

#2675 1 year ago

Wow; no posts. All quite on the western front

#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Yup.

#2677 1 year ago

Yeah I think everyone is a little disappointed on the news of the LE being delayed most likely a couple more months.

#2678 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah I think everyone is a little disappointed on the news of the LE being delayed most likely a couple more months.

If they could sneak in a few MMr during that downtime I'm sure some heads would explode. Although I'm not sure what the demand isfor SE (or if they could make SE+s). Seems the big distributors have stock of the SE available for shipping.

#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

If they could sneak in a few MMr during that downtime

Isn't downtime. They are busy building games.

And retool the line for MMR would be a big downtime.

#2680 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Isn't downtime. They are busy building games.
And retool the line for MMR would be a big downtime.

Thought they had 5 lines ? Or; are all five running ?

#2681 1 year ago

Thought they had 5 lines ? Or; are all five running ?

Maybe they are building all the LE’s now so that when the toppers are done they ship a few hundred out at a time?

#2682 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Maybe they are building all the LE’s now so that when the toppers are done they ship a few hundred out at a time?

If so....will we be getting the rusty stand-offs as pictured before?

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

If so....will we be getting the rusty stand-offs as pictured before?

No.

#2684 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Butch sort of implied that might be happening. But we probably won’t know until they start shipping and the numbers shipped are far greater than what avg rates have been.

#2685 1 year ago

Mine arrived last week. Installed some mods from Mezel as well as a shaker. Really pleased with it.

785B3C5B-208A-4AD5-9139-8953852C1233 (resized).jpeg785B3C5B-208A-4AD5-9139-8953852C1233 (resized).jpeg
#2686 1 year ago

Been playing my SE that came yesterday. Game is fun and I love the attention to details that CGC added to the game. EXCEPT the flashers under the gun butts, when those go off waiting for shoot out it’s like I am having a seziure. Hopefully moders will come up with a solution for that.

#2687 1 year ago

Installed the mezel train tracks today

AB41C73A-E4F9-4BE2-8B4A-035C0BA11BC8 (resized).jpegAB41C73A-E4F9-4BE2-8B4A-035C0BA11BC8 (resized).jpeg
#2688 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Been playing my SE that came yesterday. Game is fun and I love the attention to details that CGC added to the game. EXCEPT the flashers under the gun butts, when those go off waiting for shoot out it’s like I am having a seziure. Hopefully moders will come up with a solution for that.

I turned mine OFF. It's in the game settings. Even on the lowest intensity, they were too bright. Shame, because it was a nice touch.

#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I turned mine OFF. It's in the game settings. Even on the lowest intensity, they were too bright. Shame, because it was a nice touch.

Ah! I shall do the same! I can’t stand them. They could be oh so much better. I wonder if there is room in the apron to add some sort of a filter to cut the intensity of them.

#2690 1 year ago

I'm new to CC and wasn't very impressed due to the flipper inconsistency, but I really liked the layout. Played with a few friends for a 5 dollar wager a few nights and seemed to have found my shots:

285374756_1452117138570410_7902863727646409912_n (resized).jpg285374756_1452117138570410_7902863727646409912_n (resized).jpg
#2691 1 year ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

I'm new to CC and wasn't very impressed due to the flipper inconsistency, but I really liked the layout. Played with a few friends for a 5 dollar wager a few nights and seemed to have found my shots:[quoted image]

Flipper inconsistencies? I haven't noticed anything like that on my machine. Perhaps something was wrong on the machine you were playing?

#2692 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Flipper inconsistencies? I haven't noticed anything like that on my machine. Perhaps something was wrong on the machine you were playing?

It's something that has annoyed me in quite a few recent non-Sterns. Dialed-In is really bad for this, although I like the game. Valhalla the same. Houdini, et all. There seems to be a rather wide variance in the strength of the flippers from shot-to-shot, which makes dialing in (heh) shots harder than if they were consistent. Say what you want about modern day Sterns (and I'm well aware of many QC issues) their flippers are solid and consistent, whether tuned for high power or anything else. Just my 75 cents.

#2693 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

[quoted image]

Typical overpriced unnecessary mezel add ons but yes i agree they do pop. Its great that owners can personalise their own game but I'm more into leaving things factory these days, particularly withcthis title. It simply doesn't need anything more to look great imo.

#2694 1 year ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

It's something that has annoyed me in quite a few recent non-Sterns. Dialed-In is really bad for this, although I like the game. Valhalla the same. Houdini, et all. There seems to be a rather wide variance in the strength of the flippers from shot-to-shot, which makes dialing in (heh) shots harder than if they were consistent. Say what you want about modern day Sterns (and I'm well aware of many QC issues) their flippers are solid and consistent, whether tuned for high power or anything else. Just my 75 cents.

Most modern Sterns have extra strong flippers. It makes dialing in your shots super easy. You don't really have to adjust your shot timings based off of how fast the ball is coming to the flipper, you can just hit it at the same spot on the flipper without much thought and you'll probably make your shot. In my eyes, it eliminates a skill that I enjoy developing and makes it a bit too easy. Other people just love the fast paced action the strong flipper provide.

CGC and JJP games are meant to play like classic Bally/Williams games. Which tends to be a little bit slower and without as much flipper travel.

#2695 1 year ago

I have no complaints about the flippers, they are a-ok. But those flashers in the apron under the gun butts, i yi yi yi yi

#2696 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I have no complaints about the flippers, they are a-ok. But those flashers in the apron under the gun butts, i yi yi yi yi

It's there a video of these flashers in action?
I tried looking at gameplay videos, but most either don't show that part of the machine or I'm missing where it's happening.

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Agree but you can turn them down in settings I put mine as low as it would allow I believe-3 and it does help considerably for what it's worth

#2698 1 year ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Roger that. I guess I've just never noticed. The exception to that is my 1 and only JJP machines, GnR. I notice significant flipper strength fade after only a few games. I bought the PinMonk fan kit, but have yet to install it. Every other game in my collection feels A o.k.

#2699 1 year ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ve got many sterns, several cgc, spooky UM, AP Houdini and several classic BW. I’ve never had an issue of “flipper I consistency” on my CGCs or any other non stern…

#2700 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Agree but you can turn them down in settings I put mine as low as it would allow I believe-3 and it does help considerably for what it's worth

I will for sure try that before I turn them off. I don’t normally complain about lighting, so these must be really bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

7,000 (Firm)
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/54?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.