(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,424 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 minutes ago by zpinman370
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 309.
#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So many posts ... thought Richard got his game .

Haha, Not yet!

I talked to Ryan this week, they are just waiting on paper work out of their control.

Was nice to speak with him, I told him how much we all appreciate CGCs hard work and dedication.

Richard

#2503 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Still no word on the LEs huh ?

Negative.

#2504 1 year ago

Solution. Using some small channel locks, I bent this corner back towards the back of the machine, closing the gap. The ball can no longer rest there.

20220601_201803 (resized).jpg20220601_201803 (resized).jpg
#2505 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Solution. Using some small channel locks, I bent this corner back towards the back of the machine, closing the gap. The ball can no longer rest there.
[quoted image]

Great! Glad it is OK now!

Richard

#2506 1 year ago

[quoted image]

The metal plate in front (below?) Bart look kinds of rusty/worn, was the game delivered that way or what happened? A new game with a few plays on it shouldn't look like that imo.

#2507 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The metal plate in front (below?) Bart look kinds of rusty/worn, was the game delivered that way or what happened? A new game with a few plays on it shouldn't look like that imo.

Barts not made of metal

#2508 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Ball hangups are so odd on this game some get them some don't. I really wonder if it depends on setup angle.
On a side not CGC tech got back to me in under 24hours with a question I had. Win!

When I had an original CC I had ball hang ups in this same area. It was very frustrating, finally I wound the back legs up a little and the problem was fixed

#2509 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Great! Glad it is OK now!
Richard

Thanks!

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Yes, the metal plate in front/below. It's not rusty or beat up, just looks that way due to lighting and close up. Everything looks and plays great on my machine now.

#2510 1 year ago

Thanks!

Yes, the metal plate in front/below. It's not rusty or beat up, just looks that way due to lighting and close up. Everything looks and plays great on my machine now.

That’s great man!
Glad to hear it.

Richard

#2511 1 year ago

Closer than me!!
Richard

Although I don't know Richard, I a random stranger am still hoping he gets his game soon! I'm am currently waiting patiently for my LE, so I can empathize with his pain. Maybe Trudeau banned the importation of CCr because it has handguns on it! Just a thought.

#2512 1 year ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

Although I don't know Richard, I a random stranger am still hoping he gets his game soon! .

You don’t know Richard and the saga of his game? That is required knowledge for members of this thread.

He has hundreds of new friends hoping to see his game being the first delivered to Canada after having it sit in a warehouse a ridiculous amount of time because it’s missing a UL approval sticker. Medical personnel have been dispatched to his home multiple times as he now suffers from a newly diagnosed condition known as wileecoyatecactusgamuswithheldynus which causes severe mental stress, heart rhythm fluctuations and the fear of a cartoon anvil falling on his game.

#2513 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You don’t know Richard and the saga of his game? That is required knowledge for members of this thread.
He has hundreds of new friends hoping to see his game being the first delivered to Canada after having it sit in a warehouse a ridiculous amount of time because it’s missing a UL approval sticker. Medical personnel have been dispatched to his home multiple times as he now suffers from a newly diagnosed condition known as wileecoyatecactusgamuswithheldynus which causes severe mental stress, heart rhythm fluctuations and the fear of a cartoon anvil falling on his game.

Hahahahaha!

#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

He has hundreds of new friends hoping to see his game being the first delivered to Canada

It better be there before Canada Day! You got less then a month CGC! MAKE IT HAPPEN.

#2515 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

"Mr Richard-NBA-SF2?

I have a delivery here from Acme along with a crane to assist in staging..."

#2516 1 year ago
#2518 1 year ago

It has officially received 30 ratings and will appear in the top 100 in a few days.

"This game has received its 30th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation!"

#2519 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It has officially received 30 ratings and will appear in the top 100 in a few days.
"This game has received its 30th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation!"

Cool!!

#2520 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It has officially received 30 ratings

Richard would have been #31 , somebody get the sticker on the game and get it shipped...

#2521 1 year ago

I love CC as much as anyone but I won’t be rating it once I receive mine. A new owner rating a brand new machine they just dropped 8k+ on is as biased as it gets.

Just keepin’ it real.

#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I love CC as much as anyone but I won’t be rating it once I receive mine. A new owner rating a brand new machine they just dropped 8k+ is as biased as it gets.
Just keepin’ it real.

I have no expectations otherwise... but that's the same case with most of the other top 10

#2523 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wait a sec…is this the same guy that leant out his original Williams MM (which resided at a Canadian strip club) for CGC to base/duplicate the current MMr product on?
If not, who was that guy?

#2524 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wait a sec…is this the same guy that leant out his original Williams MM (which resided at a Canadian strip club) for CGC to base/duplicate the current MMr product on?
If not, who was that guy?

Wow! No, not me! But that sounds like a cool story I’ve never heard before!

Richard

#2525 1 year ago

Wow! No, not me! But that sounds like a cool story I’ve never heard before!
Richard

Yeah it’s a wild story…I think jfh would recall the history better then I.
I tried to search any references to it on pinside, but I can’t find it.
It might have been one of those crazy pinball dreams.
Sorry if it’s not true.

#2526 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Yeah it’s a wild story…I think jfh would recall the history better then I.
I tried to search any references to it on pinside, but I can’t find it.
It might have been one of those crazy pinball dreams.
Sorry if it’s not true.

Haha, nice!

Richard

#2527 1 year ago

Just received my CCr SE yesterday. Looking forward to getting it set-up today. This one has always been on my wish list along with Medieval Madness.

#2528 1 year ago

Anyone outside US received a CCR yet?

#2529 1 year ago

Mine shows it has arrived in Denver. Monday delivery should be a go!

#2530 1 year ago
Quoted from dog:

Anyone outside US received a CCR yet?

I don’t believe so.

#2531 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I love CC as much as anyone but I won’t be rating it once I receive mine. A new owner rating a brand new machine they just dropped 8k+ on is as biased as it gets.
Just keepin’ it real.

Yeah I was surprised at some of the higher ratings in just now looking at it. Mine was at least in the 8’s. Some as you said seemed way skewed.

#2532 1 year ago

CC should be higher than #51 in the top 100. Most of the lower ratings are attributed to either - "game is too shallow/code not finished" or "fun, but not $20k fun" gripes - both of which are no longer valid with the remake.

For me, CC has always been in the top 5 games from the 90's - I look forward to giving it a great review soon.

#2533 1 year ago

Starting to get bored waiting for CCr. I've got an LE coming. If you want to buy my spot off me, shoot me a PM. No I won't be selling the spot for free.

Edit: I'm gonna hang onto this for now. Hopefully these damn things ship soon.

#2534 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

the spot for free.

G-R-E-E-D

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Starting to get bored waiting for CCr. I've got an LE coming. If you want to buy my spot off me, shoot me a PM. No I won't be selling the spot for free.

I can see that considering u might not get your LE for another 6-8 months, which will be more than a year past release. This is pushing the original MMR wait times

#2536 1 year ago

why ? isn't it just market reality that we're all dealing with?

#2537 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Some distributors will not allow for selling a spot in line first and foremost. Game must be delivered to initial payer of deposit. Not saying that's the case with all distributors though.

Secondly, behavior like this sucks up the spot for someone that legitimately tried to get in on an LE from day one. I had my name on wait lists that basically told me to f-off so they could sell their LE allotment to "return customers" long before the game was officially announced. Now, when a return customer can decide to flip their secured spot for a 'finders fee' that is total bullshit imo. It's not a market at that point, it's a scam.

#2538 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

why ? isn't it just market reality that we're all dealing

If you don't want it pass to someone who does... or get deposit refunded.
If you can't wait , why try to profit .
But that just might be me ...

#2539 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Some distributors will not allow for selling a spot in line first and foremost. Game must be delivered to initial payer of deposit. Not saying that's the case with all distributors though.
Secondly, behavior like this sucks up the spot for someone that legitimately tried to get in on an LE from day one. I had my name on wait lists that basically told me to f-off so they could sell their LE allotment to "return customers" long before the game was officially announced. Now, when a return customer can decide to flip their secured spot for a 'finders fee' that is total bullshit imo. It's not a market at that point, it's a scam.

I personally wouldn't do it, but I don't blame him for trying. I don't see any difference than someone trying to sell the LE for $13K (before its delivered) or selling a Stern premium for $2-3K over MSRP....its just market reality these days, which sucks in my mind

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It's kind of a lame rationale for taking away an LE spot from someone who really wanted the game at the price he locked in (without him even paying. )

How will upcharging alleviate his boredom?

Didn't we all expect to wait? He was probably just going to flip it after he got it anyway.

#2541 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's kind of a lame rationale for taking away an LE spot from someone who really wanted the game at the price he locked in (without him even paying. )
How will upcharging alleviate his boredom?
Didn't we all expect to wait? He was probably just going to flip it after he got it anyway.

Maybe? Good or bad he got a spot. In this crazy market it seems like everyone is taking advantage of limited supply. I mean we have guys who haven't even got their game and are trying to flip their games for profit....its crazy

#2542 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Edit: I'm gonna hang onto this for now. Hopefully these damn things ship soon.

Going to hang onto this for now. Thank you to those that reached out. I really want this game, but the lack of communication from CGC is just getting really old. We ordered these things in October. It would be different if someone wasn't holding money of mine, but they are. If there are going to be deposits, there needs to be communication.

Also thank you to those of you who are so interested in what other people do with their items and money. I had no idea my life and choices were so interesting to you.

#2543 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

the lack of communication from CGC is just getting really old. We ordered these things in October. It would be different if someone wasn't holding money of mine, but they are. If there are going to be deposits, there needs to be communication.

I hope CGC-Ryan will chime in here. It’s not unreasonable to expect an update since we have clearly passed the milestone CGC set when they told us about the original delay for the LEs.

If we don’t see LEs this month it seems likely there are/were more supply issues with topper components than what we knew. I understand not releasing detailed production info but level setting expectations every few months makes sense.

(And I would say the same to PPS - the initial run of mirrored backglasses were supposed to ship by the end of 1Q. What’s the new target?)

But I also don’t get the “if I don’t have my game by x, I’m bailing” mentality. It’s not like the game is going to change while you wait. People have been waiting for some Stern games far longer than anyone has been waiting for CCr so it’s not like it’s unique to Chicago Gaming.

#2544 1 year ago

The wait stinks for sure! I never expected this but it will keep be busy till my LE shows up.......

Inked21949_LI (resized).jpgInked21949_LI (resized).jpg
#2545 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The wait stinks for sure! I never expected this but it will keep be busy till my LE shows up.......[quoted image]

Nice!! Let us know what you think of it!
I have never played one.

Richard

#2546 1 year ago

Godzilla is my first Stern. A dream theme, for me. It really is a fun, fast game and shoots great. I am mostly a B/W guy. I love Godzilla and it needs alot of mods to make it look as nice as it plays.

#2547 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Godzilla is my first Stern. A dream theme, for me. It really is a fun, fast game and shoots great. I am mostly a B/W guy. I love Godzilla and it needs alot of mods to make it look as nice as it plays.

I just got a godzilla pro delivered about a month ago . While I love it , I find myself wanting another BW title . I considering selling or trading to aquire a MB, or AFM or something like that

#2548 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Going to hang onto this for now. Thank you to those that reached out. I really want this game, but the lack of communication from CGC is just getting really old. We ordered these things in October. It would be different if someone wasn't holding money of mine, but they are. If there are going to be deposits, there needs to be communication.
Also thank you to those of you who are so interested in what other people do with their items and money. I had no idea my life and choices were so interesting to you.

Unfortunately its par for the course i.e. CGC. They make great games, but are terrible at communication, and meeting schedule. I always assumed I would get my LE by xmas, which will be 13+ months after launch. Almost as bad as the two year wait on MMRLE

#2549 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Unfortunately its par for the course i.e. CGC. They make great games, but are terrible at communication, and meeting schedule.

But why shouldn’t CGC learn from its past shortfalls? I think that’s the bigger question. If you know communication sucked in the past, learn your lesson and change your behavior going forward.

#2550 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

But why shouldn’t CGC learn from its past shortfalls? I think that’s the bigger question. If you know communication sucked in the past, learn your lesson and change your behavior going forward.

The industry and customer base is far greater than the Pinside universe. We are really a different breed here.

Unfortunately when manufacturers do give us more info and something gets delayed they tend to get slammed so they may see it as a no-win situation. That is frustrating for the reasonable people here, especially those with orders in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
There are 15,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/51?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.