(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 309.
#2401 1 year ago

Just got a call… my LE ships today !

#2402 1 year ago

Gman3 for president!

Quoted from Gman3:

#2403 1 year ago

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’d be willing to pay someone to 3D print one for me. The train tracks too please.

I used this company today, just upload the 2 STL files and they will print. Will see how they look when they arrive about $20 for the top and bottom. https://get.xometry.com/

#2405 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

As far as anyone knows, they're still building SEs. Based on how we assume their serial numbers work, they already passed the 500 SE initial run and are continuing to build SEs. We probably won't know that they've switched over to LEs until someone gets an invoice.

Unlike the difference between a Stern pro and a premium/ LE, the Chicago Gaming CC's are all basically the same base game so all the models start out with the same cabinet artwork and the same physical wood playfields. So it is easier to make all the 3 different trim levels.

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Post pictures when you get it!

#2407 1 year ago

Sorry guys, wrong thread… thought this was the thread for a different LE game.

Keep checking the forum for minute by minute updates…

#2408 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Ouch....lol

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Got’um!! lol

#2410 1 year ago

I would hope our friend Richard gets his game before the LEs arrive in peoples homes

#2411 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

We are not amused. :/

#2412 1 year ago

I am curious how good CGC support is? Those that have opened tickets with stuck balls or audio issues have the worked to resolve them with you? Were you happy with the correction or fixes?

#2413 1 year ago

Quoted from Gman3:Sorry guys, wrong thread… thought this was the thread for a different LE game.

A little late for April Fools

#2414 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Nice!!

Looking forward to seeing that!!

Edit:

Richard

#2415 1 year ago

FYI Mezelmod train station now available to purchase on their site.

#2416 1 year ago

8 more ratings until this pin makes its way into the Top 100. For those who have played let’s add some ratings!

#2417 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I am curious how good CGC support is? Those that have opened tickets with stuck balls or audio issues have the worked to resolve them with you? Were you happy with the correction or fixes?

I have not yet received my CCR however based on the support I received while owning MMR and AFMR, I’ve been very happy with their level of support, especially Lloyd.

#2418 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I have not yet received my CCR however based on the support I received while owning MMR and AFMR, I’ve been very happy with their level of support, especially Lloyd.

Thank you !

CGC wants to build the best and support the best. And they have done it. Tech support needed on CCR has been so small you wouldn't believe.

I feel like the Maytag repair man. Loneliest guy on the planet.

LTG : )

#2419 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you !
CGC wants to build the best and support the best. And they have done it. Tech support needed on CCR has been so small you wouldn't believe.

Any issues on your machine with the ball getting stuck to the left of Barts head? In this gap?

Screenshot_20220531-141331_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220531-141331_Brave (resized).jpg
#2420 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Any issues on your machine with the ball getting stuck to the left of Barts head? In this gap?

Once or twice. Ball search cleared it. This is in commercial use.

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

I’ve never had a ball get stuck there. Comparing your picture to mine in the picture below, the highlighted gap is much smaller on mine. Looks like that part is on your game is out of spec. Maybe it can be adjusted or modified to close the gap?
[quoted image]

I'll have to take a close look at the mechanism and see if Bart can be rotated. I feel like if I could spin the baseplate about 1/4" counterclockwise, it would close the gap enough to stop the hangups.

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Once or twice. Ball search cleared it. This is in commercial use.

Mine is happening about once every 2 or 3 games in home use. It's quite irritating. I just opened a ticket with CG. We'll see what they suggest.

#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I feel like the Maytag repair man

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2424 1 year ago

Mine is happening about once every 2 or 3 games in home use. It's quite irritating. I just opened a ticket with CG. We'll see what they suggest.

Hope you get it solved soon, sounds a bit frustrating,

Richard

#2425 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you !

Haha! Glad to hear!
Thanks Lloyd!

Richard

#2426 1 year ago

Any issues on your machine with the ball getting stuck to the left of Barts head? In this gap?[quoted image]

looks like a good spot for an easy install of a star post or even a ramp or outlane post.

#2427 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

looks like a good spot for an easy install of a star post or even a ramp or outlane post.

It's actually not getting under the mech. The ball sits on top in the gap between Barts horizontal mounting plate, and the vertical metal ball guide. I'll have to snap a picture next time it happens.

#2428 1 year ago

Ordered May 24. Delivered today, May 31. In the process of setting it up now. Build date is April 27. Serial number CC-1579.

#2429 1 year ago

My SE shipped today. Ordered yesterday, shipped today. I like how that works!

#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

My SE shipped today. Ordered yesterday, shipped today. I like how that works!

buy a lottery ticket !

#2431 1 year ago

I opened another ticket last week for the lower volume that my game has, several others have reported this too. Usually quick to respond but nothing yet, so I assume it has been reported to the engineering department. Anybody else get a response?

#2432 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I opened another ticket last week for the lower volume that my game has, several others have reported this too. Usually quick to respond but nothing yet, so I assume it has been reported to the engineering department. Anybody else get a response?

If you call during the day George will most likely be glad to give you a quick update on the tickets progress. That’s what I have done in the past.

Hope you get it worked out soon!

Richard

#2433 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I opened one as well, no response yet. Will give it a few more days before pinging again.

#2434 1 year ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

FYI Mezelmod train station now available to purchase on their site.

I’m very disappointed they kept the “Trick Shot Station” on the redesign.

Lyman and Josh made a clear choice that they didn’t want to include anything in their code that would conflict with the Cactus Canyon world under glass. I can’t fathom a Cactus Canyon train station with a name that references a pinball shot rather than something you might possibly see on the building.

I so want something like this but the name would drive me nuts every time I look at the game.

#2435 1 year ago

Ok I am betting most will feel I am being petty here, but this does kinda drive me crazy. Today I decided to give the game good but quick wipe down, while doing this I noticed how beat up tarnished even rusted some of the hardware was on this new machine. Has anyone else noticed this? It is most evident on the post like those I have pictured. I would expect some stuff to get binned or alteast set aside to be be tumble polished, before being put on a new game. I have machine a 15 years old with better looking hardware from the factory.

This does not take away from the fun factor, but combined with the folded over decals (which may have a benefit) and cabinet edges not mating perfect it seems worth a mention. I hope better detail is paid to the SE+ (i have one on order) and LEs

IMG_1872 (resized).jpgIMG_1872 (resized).jpgIMG_1870 (resized).jpgIMG_1870 (resized).jpg
#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

tenor (4) (resized).pngtenor (4) (resized).png
#2437 1 year ago

Ok I am betting most will feel I am being petty here, but this does kinda drive me crazy. Today I decided to give the game good but quick wipe down, while doing this I noticed how beat up tarnished even rusted some of the hardware was on this new machine. Has anyone else noticed this? It is most evident on the post like those I have pictured. I would expect some stuff to get binned or alteast set aside to be be tumble polished, before being put on a new game. I have machine a 15 years old with better looking hardware from the factory.
This does not take away from the fun factor, but combined with the folded over decals (which may have a benefit) and cabinet edges not mating perfect it seems worth a mention. I hope better detail is paid to the SE+ (i have one on order) and LEs[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow....That's not acceptable considering the machine is "new".

#2438 1 year ago

This does not take away from the fun factor, but combined with the folded over decals (which may have a benefit) and cabinet edges not mating perfect it seems worth a mention. I hope better detail is paid to the SE+ (i have one on order) and LEs[quoted image][quoted image]

Tumbling probably wouldn't help that - it looks like a bad plating job.

#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m very disappointed they kept the “Trick Shot Station” on the redesign.
Lyman and Josh made a clear choice that they didn’t want to include anything in their code that would conflict with the Cactus Canyon world under glass. I can’t fathom a Cactus Canyon train station with a name that references a pinball shot rather than something you might possibly see on the building.
I so want something like this but the name would drive me nuts every time I look at the game.

You do realize that right ramp shot is the 'trick shot', right? It's not a reference to pinball, per say, it's a reference to the artwork that is already there.

The person who made the mod is straight pulling from what is already there...

It's a good name in my opinion. I don't see how it's conflicting with the world if it was already used on the game.

#2440 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Tumbling probably wouldn't help that - it looks like a bad plating job.

I'll most likely order up some new ones from PinballLife, but most posts like this, when I hit it hard with ZAM and buffing wheels will goto mirror polish (yes I know that is not tumble). Recently took all the original hardware on my Galaxy to a mirror finish that way, the pop bumpers were the only thing too pitted.

Also glad I am not the only one that would expect better.

#2441 1 year ago

noticed how beat up tarnished even rusted some of the hardware was on this new machine.

Wow. That is really disappointing.

It's like they got parts that have been sitting for years in damp storage.

It sucks to have to order and replace parts on a brand new game.

#2442 1 year ago

Same issue - almost of all my hex posts are super tarnished and the rubber isn’t in the best shape either.

#2443 1 year ago

Checked the faq, but maybe I’m blind. Where’s the updates for these machines posted? I don’t see anything on Chicago gaming website

#2444 1 year ago

Any issues on your machine with the ball getting stuck to the left of Barts head? In this gap?[quoted image]

The gap on yours looks wider than mine.

01ABEF79-6B69-4EE1-BEA5-87AF23121041 (resized).jpeg01ABEF79-6B69-4EE1-BEA5-87AF23121041 (resized).jpeg3025C1E8-C057-47EE-8ECC-2C34B54763DF (resized).jpeg3025C1E8-C057-47EE-8ECC-2C34B54763DF (resized).jpeg
#2445 1 year ago

bullets-right (resized).PNGbullets-right (resized).PNGBullets-left (resized).PNGBullets-left (resized).PNGMoonshine-close (resized).PNGMoonshine-close (resized).PNGbeer-close-up1 (resized).PNGbeer-close-up1 (resized).PNGtrain-tracks-1 (resized).jpgtrain-tracks-1 (resized).jpgtrain-tracks+beer (resized).jpgtrain-tracks+beer (resized).jpgtrain-stop (resized).jpgtrain-stop (resized).jpgFrom MEZELmods

20220407_095840 (resized).jpg20220407_095840 (resized).jpg

#2446 1 year ago

You do realize that right ramp shot is the 'trick shot', right? It's not a reference to pinball, per say, it's a reference to the artwork that is already there.

I realize that is the trick shot, but does the game actually have “Trick Shot” on the ramp art? (I don’t have my game yet).

I don't see how it's conflicting with the world if it was already used on the game.

If it’s actually on the game and not referencing the actual pinball shot I may reconsider. But it doesn’t make sense (to me) a character in the game would think of the Cactus Canyon train station as the Trick Shot train station. Maybe I just have a mental block about it.

#2447 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I realize that is the trick shot, but does the game actually have “Trick Shot” on the ramp art? (I don’t have my game yet).

Says “Trick Shot” on the playfield.

30731793-CD22-40C3-A302-1BCE0BC524E8 (resized).jpeg30731793-CD22-40C3-A302-1BCE0BC524E8 (resized).jpeg
#2448 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Says “Trick Shot” on the playfield.

Ok. But that references a skill, not a place. How/why would you associate making a trick shot with the train station?

#2449 1 year ago

SE delivered today

20220531_183401 (resized).jpg20220531_183401 (resized).jpg20220531_191347 (resized).jpg20220531_191347 (resized).jpg
#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

SE delivered today
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations! Would you mind taking a picture of the area to the left side of Bart on your machine? I'm curious about how the plate he's mounted to sits on your newer build machine. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
7,000 (Firm)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/49?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.