(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 308.
#2251 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Any update on when you will be receiving your game?

Soon. Distributor is waiting for customs clearance basically, to bring them into Canada.

Richard

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

I'm officially in the club today. S/N #1693 built on May 11. Working great straight out of the box.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is how a pinball machine should arrive to the customer. Fully strapped to the skid...box isn't beat to sh!t. My Rush premium arrived...both straps around the box were no longer around the box. The box was all beat up. I'm lucky the machine didn't arrive damaged.

#2253 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

We should just print him a sticker …

I saw the sticker picture from the last machine talking about meets Canadian blah blah, and I was thinking wait is that the sticker? We got this

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This is how a pinball machine should arrive to the customer. Fully strapped to the skid...box isn't beat to sh!t. My Rush premium arrived...both straps around the box were no longer around the box. The box was all beat up. I'm lucky the machine didn't arrive damaged.

Well, in all fairness - he does live like 90 minutes from the factory.

They may not drop ship, but they probably allow local distributors to pick up directly from the factory and deliver to customers. I know Stern allows it.

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Audio question - so on other CGC games, things seem to be plenty loud and clear for both music and callouts around 8-10 volume - on CCr it sounds a bit muddy/muffled - and needs to be cranked up to about 22-28 to match the volume of other games. Anyone run into this? Normal for this title?

My game is the same way. I put a support ticket into CGC about this and they say it is normal. Whatever. My CCr is on 28 volume and is barely as loud as my AFMr at 6 volume.

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Well, in all fairness - he does live like 90 minutes from the factory.

They may not drop ship, but they probably allow local distributors to pick up directly from the factory and deliver to customers. I know Stern allows it.

I ordered from Flip N Out and the bill of lading shows it came from Evansville, IN so it took a nice 6 hour detour south before coming back my way. Even so I was still pretty nervous after seeing the damage FedEx has done to other shipments. I'll count myself lucky.

#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My game is the same way. I put a support ticket into CGC about this and they say it is normal. Whatever. My CCr is on 28 volume and is barely as loud as my AFMr at 6 volume.

Idk that doesn't seem right.
My Ccr valume at 10 is plenty loud and drowns out my stern tmnt! I have to turn turtles up to like 15 or higher to hear it Over Ccr if I don't turn Ccr down at all.

#2258 1 year ago

What could be the issue then? Why such a big difference and why would CGC support says it’s normal? @LTG, what do you suggest?

#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yep, my MBr rumbles the room at 8. CCr doesn’t come close at 28. Something is up.

#2260 1 year ago

Why does the number at which the volume gets loud matter? Just turn it up until it’s loud enough.

#2261 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That seems odd.

#2262 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup. Confirmed by Josh multiple times. Some elements from CCC will be in the upgrade but nothing that Josh/Lyman didn’t feel fit in the Cactus Canyon world.

I still wouldn’t count it out, anything is possible

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Why does the number at which the volume gets loud matter? Just turn it up until it’s loud enough.

It goes past 11! The main issue is that is sounds like shit turned up that high, not the volume number itself. Just comparing between CGC games. For my game, it becomes muddy/distorted and buzzy by the time it’s at what I’d consider an average volume.

#2264 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

It goes past 11! The main issue is that is sounds like shit turned up that high, not the volume number itself. Just comparing between CGC games. For my game, it becomes muddy/distorted and buzzy by the time it’s at what I’d consider an average volume.

Ah. I see. That makes more sense why it’s bothersome.

#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Typically regarding audio, if the source’s output volume/voltage is too low going into the amplifier the result will be distortion in the speakers. Take for example a headphone jack output signal from a ipod/cd player etc. If the player’s volume slider is at 10-20% and you then connect it to a stereo amp to play via external speakers you’ll have to turn the volume way up on the stereo to hear anything and it will sound like crap. However, if you set the output volume of the player to 80-90%, you can turn the stereo (amplifier) level down and it will sound much better and still play loud.

Sounds to me like there’s a mismatch between soundboard level output and amplifier volume control. Making sure CGC is sending the correct line level output to the amp should help solve the problem.

#2266 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Yep, my MBr rumbles the room at 8. CCr doesn’t come close at 28. Something is up.

Mine I have at volume 7 and seems about right for my tastes, if you ever want to stop by and compare wiring or take pics your more than welcome too.

#2267 1 year ago

I agree my MMr and AFMr are set to a much lower volume but are way louder. I don't know what the fix could be.

#2268 1 year ago

See post #2265

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I agree my MMr and AFMr are set to a much lower volume but are way louder. I don't know what the fix could be.

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Sounds to me like there’s a mismatch between soundboard level output and amplifier volume control. Making sure CGC is sending the correct line level output to the amp should help solve the problem.

So how do you adjust the CGC soundboard level? I have not looked at the board or manual so perhaps this question is dumb.

#2270 1 year ago

It’s not in the manual.

#2271 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

From what I have seen and read
CGC doesn’t drop ship
They ship to the distributor then they ship to the purchaser

I was told by Planetary that my game will be drop shipped from 60804 (Cook County - CGC). Planetary needs to arrange for it though and set up the Bill of Landing since CGC doesn't do customer pickup. Maybe the distributors address is printed on the Bill of Landing as a form of Blind Shipping? It would really be a bummer for my game to ship all the way from Chicago to Nevada then back to Iowa... especially when I live 3 hours from CGC.

#2272 1 year ago

But when it turned to the correct volume it sounds just as good as the others?

Richard

#2273 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

So how do you adjust the CGC soundboard level? I have not looked at the board or manual so perhaps this question is dumb.

I have no experience in pinball sound adjustment just carryover general audio knowledge. My guess is the output voltage being sent to the amplifier may be wrong and unless it’s a hardware failure, could be corrected via a firmware update? The fact that distortion is present at higher volume settings leads me to think that it’s the preamp level being too low that is causing the problem. This wouldn’t be user serviceable if I understand correctly. But again, I have little pin shop experience.

#2274 1 year ago

Weren’t there similar audio issues in one of the earlier remakes that were corrected in a software update?

#2275 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Weren’t there similar audio issues in one of the earlier remakes that were corrected in a software update?

Isn't this the first remake to be running the new interface/SW?

#2276 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Isn't this the first remake to be running the new interface/SW?

Yes. The OS is new. But they could still have the same issue.

#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah for MBr they released an updated audio file package in one of the software releases that fixed volume and clarity/mix. I’m still trying to figure out if it’s a widespread issue or just my game and a few others. Audio is very subjective, what sounds just fine to some may not to others, so it’s hard to nail down. Comparing my game to all my others, it seems to be an actual problem and not just personal preference.

#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. The OS is new. But they could still have the same issue.

Sorry, didn't mean it couldn't be the same issue. Just adding that it could be related to the new OS.

Quoted from vikeking27:

Yeah for MBr they released an updated audio file package in one of the software releases that fixed volume and clarity/mix. I’m still trying to figure out if it’s a widespread issue or just my game and a few others. Audio is very subjective, what sounds just fine to some may not to others, so it’s hard to nail down. Comparing my game to all my others, it seems to be an actual problem and not just personal preference.

Using a phone app decibel meter could help.
Using the same app and same phone model would help keep some variables out of the data.

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

But when it turned to the correct volume it sounds just as good as the others?
Richard

You have to adjust the volume very high to be able to hear it. Where as I set MMr, AFMr to the minimum (8) and its almost too loud. I have the minimum volume option set so I can go below 8. If I set my volume high on MMr, AFMr its way too loud to tolerate. You can't go way too loud to tolerate on CCr. I'm as high as I can go on CCr and it's not quite loud enough. I could go higher but it starts to sound distorted.

#2280 1 year ago

You have to adjust the volume very high to be able to hear it. Where as I set MMr, AFMr to the minimum (8) and its almost too loud. I have the minimum volume option set so I can go below 8. If I set my volume high on MMr, AFMr its way too loud to tolerate. You can't go way too loud to tolerate on CCr. I'm as high as I can go on CCr and it's not quite loud enough. I could go higher but it starts to sound distorted.

This is exactly how mine is too, thanks for spelling it out clearly.

#2281 1 year ago

On all 3 of my remakes I have the min vol off so I can lower below 8.

Sounds like there are some CCr with volume issues then?

Other owners have confirmed that their volume on their CCr is comparable to the other 3 remakes (when set at the same number) correct?

Richard

#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

On all 3 of my remakes I have the min vol off so I can lower below 8.
Sounds like there are some CCr with volume issues then?
Other owners have confirmed that their volume on their CCr is comparable to the other 3 remakes (when set at the same number) correct?
Richard

Mine is loud enough that I just run it at a cool level two tree.

#2283 1 year ago

Same. My volume is very loud like mmr. I think it’s set on 4 or something.

#2284 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ohh OK.
That makes sense.

Richard

#2285 1 year ago

Ok so what’s the solution LTG for higher sound? I guess I’ll start another ticket with CGC since no one really knows how to fix this issue.

#2286 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Interesting so maybe something to audiogate I'll chime in mine came set at 16 out of 31. I didn't think anything of it as this is my first non Stern but it's definitely not as loud or chrisp as them by comparison for sure.

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I guess I’ll start another ticket with CGC

Please do that so the engineers can look into it.

My game here seems fine.

Thank you.
LTG : )

#2288 1 year ago
2932C050-670F-4748-AD5B-B65D9B83575E (resized).jpeg2932C050-670F-4748-AD5B-B65D9B83575E (resized).jpeg
#2289 1 year ago

New items on the Mezel Mods Cactus Canyon page; Train tracks coming soon.

#2290 1 year ago

For those with audio issues - please open a support ticket with CGC and report status here. I’ve added an FAQ entry but it’s somewhat vague since we don’t know if this is a widespread issue or not.

#2291 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those with audio issues - please open a support ticket with CGC

Please do this. It may go to me, I'll advance it to the engineers.

LTG : )

#2292 1 year ago

The sound works fine on my ccr. Does anyone have Mylar peeling up behind barts head? Mine just started to and not sure what to do about it.

#2293 1 year ago

Has anyone put mirrors blades in? I would like to see how it looks, I’m not sure what blades to commit to.

#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Has anyone put mirrors blades in? I would like to see how it looks, I’m not sure what blades to commit to.

I'll post up Brian Allen's later

#2295 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I'll post up Brian Allen's later

Brian doesn’t sell mirror blades unless it’s brand new.

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Brian doesn’t sell mirror blades unless it’s brand new.

Thank you, sorry i read it to quickly. No matter how careful I am I always end up messing up mirrors even though i love em.

#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I have mirror blades on all 3 of my CGC SEs. They look great!

I have a set already on hand to put on my CCr when it arrives!

Richard

#2298 1 year ago

Just passing this along for a friend!
https://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=48031.new#new
Little shop of games CCR SE's in stock.

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Just passing this along for a friend!
https://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=48031.new#new
Little shop of games CCR SE's in stock.

I don’t understand why a friend would make you pass this on ??? Strange

#2300 1 year ago

Would someone mind taking a picture of the shooter rod ? I'm reassembling my game after powder coat and can't remember if there is a washer on each side of the barrel spring

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,995 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
7,500 (OBO)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.