(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 309.
#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hear the Cactus Canyon theater company is looking to cast the role of Negative Nellie for their upcoming play.
Sounds like you’d be a natural.

Why is being realistic about CGC negative? I've said nothing but positive things about their build quality (which is why I've purchased all their LE's). Would you be happier if I said "Le's are gonna ship really soon, and CGC has doubled their capacity and everyone will get their games by summer"? The reality is CGC will be lucky to get all the LE's out this year, which is pretty close to what I predicted early on. CGC refuses to communicate to customers so all we have is past history, and from what I've seen with CCR its par for the course.

#2102 1 year ago

Hoping to pick mine up this weekend.

#2103 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why is being realistic about CGC negative? I've said nothing but positive things about their build quality (which is why I've purchased all their LE's). Would you be happier if I said "Le's are gonna ship really soon, and CGC has doubled their capacity and everyone will get their games by summer"? The reality is CGC will be lucky to get all the LE's out this year, which is pretty close to what I predicted early on. CGC refuses to communicate to customers so all we have is past history, and from what I've seen with CCR its par for the course.

When one frequently makes comments that are negative in nature folks will likely come to the conclusion of the person being negative. Folks have heard your point and you continue to repeat it. Maybe you just want to be proven right? I dunno. That is my take though.

#2104 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

When one frequently makes comments that are negative in nature folks will likely come to the conclusion of the person being negative. Folks have heard your point and you continue to repeat it. Maybe you just want to be proven right? I dunno. That is my take though.

Realistic ≠ negative. Sometimes the truth hurts. A realist can be both an optimist and a pessimist. Does sugarcoating things feel better? Sure. But in the end facts are facts.

You could make up warm fuzzies now and be disappointed later or have real expectations set early that may surprisingly be exceeded down the road. Most companies prefer to under promise and over deliver to create the best possible customer experience.

#2105 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Realistic ≠ negative. Sometimes the truth hurts. A realist can be both an optimist and a pessimist. Does sugarcoating things feel better? Sure. But in the end facts are facts.
You could make up warm fuzzies now and be disappointed later or have real expectations set early that may surprisingly be exceeded down the road. Most companies prefer to under promise and over deliver to create the best possible customer experience.

Facts ≠ Opinions/guesses/conjecture; I don't have strong feelings any way. The reality is that this thread has a bunch of folks really excited to get their games. Then someone constantly states that it will be delayed, a long time away, not anytime soon, etc. Being a broken record isn't exactly contributing to the conversation. People are excited, why constantly try to change that?

#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Facts ≠ Opinions/guesses/conjecture; I don't have strong feelings any way. The reality is that this thread has a bunch of folks really excited to get their games. Then someone constantly states that it will be delayed, a long time away, not anytime soon, etc. Being a broken record isn't exactly contributing to the conversation. People are excited, why constantly try to change that?

I’m excited but have NFC when mine will ship (SE+) My excitement will last as long as my expectations are reasonable. I hear what you’re saying though. I like the idea of people who have got theirs already offering to host a local pinsider in waiting for some flipper time and to check it out. Anyone around Lansing, MI?

#2107 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why is being realistic about CGC negative? I've said nothing but positive things about their build quality (which is why I've purchased all their LE's). … CGC refuses to communicate to customers so all we have is past history, and from what I've seen with CCR its par for the course.

You are being negative because you are apparently only relying on your past experience, not current data on Cactus Canyon. Pretty sure the current production rate already exceeds that of MBr and, if what CGC told me is true, is still significantly under what they believe they can do with the production changes made for the CCr run.

Yes, CGC doesn’t communicate the data with customers probably because some (like you?) would be waiting to catch them in an “A Ha!” moment. (And that’s not unique to CGC. Stern, JJP and others don’t either. If I ran a public pinball company I probably wouldn’t either, especially on Pinside).

It is very good to hear owners of past games and many owners of CCr comment positively on build quality. For me, that is absolutely the most important metric as I expect to have my game a long time. Yes, it will take months to ship all the LEs even if they manage to get to full capacity. But I’m sure most would prefer to get it good rather than get it fast.

Why don’t you write Ryan and see if he can make sure your game is delivered last so you won’t be disappointed?

#2108 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Now the target in front of the mine sometimes has to be hit twice to go down and the ccr at the bar had the same target doing that also.

Yeah, my drops don't always go down on a fast, hard shot. But they always drop fine on softer hits, or on angled shots. This seems to be a common problem with drop targets across eras and companies. Drops that are close to the flipper, and/or that are hit dead square-on, can bounce back and re-latch before being pulled down past the shelf. I've had this happen with the Scoleri Bros. targets on Ghostbusters, and with the upper-pf drops on the original 1980 Black Knight.

Only way I know to help, is to put on a stronger spring, but then you run into problems with the target latching properly. At least with CCr anyway. So sorta damned if you do, damned if you don't

I usually don't mind this problem too much, because it makes the games harder, and forces you to try and angle your shot to the side of the target, instead of dead center.

#2109 1 year ago

Just got email from a distributor saying one SE in stock if anybody interested

#2110 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Just got email from a distributor saying one SE in stock if anybody interested

Another shot against those who wait

#2111 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The purpose of a deposit is to garentee yourself a game. There is no garentee in expecting extra inventory being available. I'll take a garentee over luck and give a congratulation to someone who got lucky! Is what it is.

#2112 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

I have it. I'm in Yucca Valley if you want to check it out. Also Evan (who I bought mine from) of OC pinballs put one in the old Laguna Hills Mall in the pinball arcade he operates out of Open Market OC (in the old Macy's dept. store).

Thanks. Might take you up on that one day. We are down in La Quinta and drive through Yucca Valley on our way up to Big Bear on weekends.

#2113 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Good things come to those who wait...

#2114 1 year ago

The tpf vids made it over to YouTube.

#2115 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The tpf vids made it over to YouTube.

The presentation is also linked from the FAQ. A must watch if you haven’t seen it.

#2116 1 year ago

So back to the powder coating conversation.
So I think that the Wood Grain Hydro dip would look amazing!
I added a color grain that I think would look good.
I'm leaning towards matching the stain of the gun handles on the apron.
Now the question is do you just do the legs, rails, trim and shooter plate or go all in and do the coin Door and speaker panel? I think personally the coin door and speaker would be overkill but what do y'all think.

Screenshot_20220514-094130_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220514-094130_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2117 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Now the question is do you just do the legs, rails, trim and shooter plate or go all in and do the coin Door and speaker panel? I think personally the coin door and speaker would be overkill but what do y'all think.
[quoted image]

Here is a link to a video that shows the hydro dip process for anyone of interest.

#2118 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

? I think personally the coin door and speaker would be overkill but what do y'all think.

I agree. I would leave the coin door and speaker panel black. I would also do the hinge for the head

#2119 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I agree. I would leave the coin door and speaker panel black. I would also do the hinge for the head

Oh definitely on the hinges and thanks for the input!

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Oh definitely on the hinges and thanks for the input!

Okay last color idea I'm going to share for opinions as I know there is a (mod group) for these post..lol..

Screenshot_20220514-120216_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220514-120216_Google (resized).jpg
#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Except it doesn’t make sense based on the manufacturing data that has been reported by owners.
August for LEs implies that CGC is making more than 500 SEs first, has a new production issue or is planning on a summer vacation

This is the email Game Room Guys Sent out. Maybe they are making more than 500 SE machines? Especially since I don't think they have really exported any machines to Europe or Australia yet.

"Chicago Gaming is currently building Cactus Canyon SE models and has approximately two months of production left. Once they have completed the build, they will be moving on to the Cactus Canyon LE, followed by the Cactus Canyon SE with Topper. At this point in time, we do not expect to see the Cactus Canyon LE version any earlier than August and the Cactus Canyon SE will most likely start rolling off the line in the fall. We will follow up with Chicago Gaming again in mid-July and update you as soon as we have more information."

#2122 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

[quoted image]

I think doing the whole lot would be ok, it’s risky as it could turn out to look like a big turd, but I’m not really into the wood grain thing either. To me; it’s sort of like having a wood grained sheriffs badge, just doesn’t work ?????

#2123 1 year ago

I’ve seen 3 different dealers that have CCr in stock they are selling for msrp. I am getting mine Monday but I was surprised to see some had these to sell

#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Okay last color idea I'm going to share for opinions as I know there is a (mod group) for these post..lol..

How will this stuff hold up on the lockbar?

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ve seen 3 different dealers that have CCr in stock they are selling for msrp. I am getting mine Monday but I was surprised to see some had these to sell

I have seen a few myself. Then you see stuff like a one on pinside thats 1800 over MSRP. I hope people search a bit before buying.

#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have seen a few myself. Then you see stuff like a one on pinside thats 1800 over MSRP. I hope people search a bit before buying.

Agreed!

#2127 1 year ago

We just got out CC and it’s being enjoyed. Is anyone else having an issue in Gun Fight where it holds your ball and randomly selects a drop target and instead of you having to hit it, it’s automatically awarding you the points even though you didn’t hit the drop target?

#2128 1 year ago

Same problem with ours, I ended up taking the rubber off but would rather leave it on. Just don't see a way around removing the rubber though. Let me know if you figure out another way.

Quoted from cldgin2:

So the right outlane…. The ball when moving slow going in will get stuck between that fat little post rubber and the wire frame. I’ve tried pushing in the wire frame a bit, but it’s pretty stiff and I’m afraid of damaging the playfield. I really think it’s the rubber deal on the post and that it’s too fat, but then again is that the part every one is getting?
Checked the faq and don’t see anything about it. Any one else experience this?
Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

#2129 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

So the right outlane…. The ball when moving slow going in will get stuck between that fat little post rubber and the wire frame. I’ve tried pushing in the wire frame a bit, but it’s pretty stiff and I’m afraid of damaging the playfield. I really think it’s the rubber deal on the post and that it’s too fat, but then again is that the part every one is getting?
Checked the faq and don’t see anything about it. Any one else experience this?
Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

We ended up just changing the rubber to a smaller post rubber and that’s working well. We also had that same issue

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from Ven:

Same problem with ours, I ended up taking the rubber off but would rather leave it on. Just don't see a way around removing the rubber though. Let me know if you figure out another way.

Quoted from Bay78:

We ended up just changing the rubber to a smaller post rubber and that’s working well. We also had that same issue

Just push gently on the long wire guide with your fingers, it will bend enough for ball clearance, but isn't noticeable at a glance. It's just small tolerance variations in manufacturing. Then there's no need to change or eliminate rubbers

#2131 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I think doing the whole lot would be ok, it’s risky as it could turn out to look like a big turd, but I’m not really into the wood grain thing either. To me; it’s sort of like having a wood grained sheriffs badge, just doesn’t work ?????

Whenever your doing anything exotic you are taking a risk. Not only on it turning out like a turd but it also shrinks the resale market on it. Basic plain Jane color powder coating is usually the safest bet.
I'll probably just keep mine stock but it sure is fun looking into ideas.

#2132 1 year ago
Quoted from Bay78:

We just got out CC and it’s being enjoyed

Congratulations on getting your game. Are you the first in Canada ... ?
First posting other than the US shipped games and extras at the distributor

#2133 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just push gently on the long wire guide with your fingers, it will bend enough for ball clearance, but isn't noticeable at a glance. It's just small tolerance variations in manufacturing. Then there's no need to change or eliminate rubbers

We tried that a couple of times and each time it worked for a couple games and eventually got stuck again. So we decided to change the rubber and it’s mint now without over bending the guide etc. But all good either way that works. I just wanted to say what worked for us.

#2134 1 year ago
Quoted from Bay78:

We just got out CC and it’s being enjoyed. Is anyone else having an issue in Gun Fight where it holds your ball and randomly selects a drop target and instead of you having to hit it, it’s automatically awarding you the points even though you didn’t hit the drop target?

Your drop target is not staying up. Go into test mode and confirm if each targety will reset and stay up on its own.

Then adjust any that don’t by looking at the spring or bending slightly as described in the thread

#2135 1 year ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I had to loosen my return spring to fix this issue. Be careful to not loosen the spring too much as it will deform and loose shape if you stretch it too far.

#2136 1 year ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Sounds like a spring issue. Details elsewhere in the thread and in the FAQ.

#2137 1 year ago

I’m in the club and loving it. This pin is awesome and a blast to play! Jazzed it up with alt translight, art blades, shaker motor and some Titan Super shinies. Only things left are invisiglass, train track mod and maybe the topper sometime down the road.

4593A9C9-D374-4558-96E9-690056A835C2 (resized).jpeg4593A9C9-D374-4558-96E9-690056A835C2 (resized).jpeg
#2138 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

I’m in the club and loving it. This pin is awesome and a blast to play! Jazzed it up with alt translight, art blades, shaker motor and some Titan Super shinies. Only things left are invisiglass, train track mod and maybe the topper sometime down the road.
[quoted image]

Looks great! But I don't believe they plan on selling the topper separately.

#2139 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

[quoted image]

Lol, good luck on the topper.

Start brushing up on your 3d printing skills....

#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

Congrats on the game but I presume you are kidding on the topper. Unless an LE or SE+ owner decides to sell you theirs you aren’t getting a topper.

#2141 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

Only things left are invisiglass, train track mod

While I love the look of the train track mod, and am keeping it on, game play visibility was much better without it imo.

#2142 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

While I love the look of the train track mod, and am keeping it on, game play visibility was much better without it imo.

Hey if it makes the game harder haha. Jk

#2143 1 year ago

Someone stop me from putting my Iron Maiden up for trade bait for one of these.

#2144 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats on the game but I presume you are kidding on the topper. Unless an LE or SE+ owner decides to sell you theirs you aren’t getting a topper.

I bet we see some enterprising SE+ folks decreasing the price of their game by offering the topper for more than $1250.

#2145 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I bet we see some enterprising SE+ folks decreasing the price of their game by offering the topper for more than $1250.

No doubt. But anyone with an SE ordered who really wants a topper should strongly consider changing their order to an SE+. Why spend $2k+ for the topper when you can have one for $1250?

#2146 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why spend $2k+ for the topper when you can have one for $1250?

At least $3k !
Isn't there a company selling toppers for ~$5k or something ridiculous.... they don't even include a mini game...

#2147 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No doubt. But anyone with an SE ordered who really wants a topper should strongly consider changing their order to an SE+. Why spend $2k+ for the topper when you can have one for $1250?

Because they can have the game now instead of waiting until next year. Jumping on the end of the SE+ list would probably mean Summer 2023 before you receive one.

#2148 1 year ago
Quoted from Bay78:

We tried that a couple of times and each time it worked for a couple games and eventually got stuck again. So we decided to change the rubber and it’s mint now without over bending the guide etc. But all good either way that works. I just wanted to say what worked for us.

Same! I gently adjust the wire frame and after a few games right back to the problem. What smaller post rubber did you switch too?

Seems we now have more than a few folks reporting this issue

#2149 1 year ago

On a more positive note our street had a block party so naturally I brought the pinballs out for the kids. Cactus Canyon was by far the bigger hit of the two I took out. Adults and kids alike!

13136910-D3DF-40CF-A8B4-9A69333F9435 (resized).jpeg13136910-D3DF-40CF-A8B4-9A69333F9435 (resized).jpeg71D922F4-40B2-41C3-82E0-27114B10E7FD (resized).jpeg71D922F4-40B2-41C3-82E0-27114B10E7FD (resized).jpeg720F6B18-2F9A-49DA-94BC-CD1A8D7D50A6 (resized).jpeg720F6B18-2F9A-49DA-94BC-CD1A8D7D50A6 (resized).jpeg
#2150 1 year ago

My buddy has an SE. DMD hasn’t worked from day one. Checked all connections, even had his tech come check it out and he can’t figure it out. Anyone else had issues?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.