(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 308.
#2051 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Have the delivery day/time estimates been pretty accurate?
My fear is that I’ll get a call while I’m at work that it has shown up and I won’t have a chance to inspect it before signing.

Whenever any NIB pinball has ever been delivered to me, the driver or their dispatcher called me at least 24 hrs beforehand.

They won't normally show up without confirming, since it's high value and they need a signature. There are exceptions and horror stories of course, but typically you will get a call. And they'll often work with you, at least to a point, on delivery date and time. At least in my experience.

The driver will usually be happy to call you 30 mons prior as well. If you won't be around the whole day. The drivers don't want to waste any more of their time on load/off-load then they have to. And no one being home is a big waste of their time.

#2052 1 year ago

FWIW - My distributor told me yesterday at least another 4 weeks for LEs. Sounds in-line with with apparent production rates.
I’m #15 on his list so hope to be in the first or second batch in June/July.

My two favorite Cactus Canyon days will be when Richard gets his game and I get mine.

#2053 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

She's waiting for me! One more night shift and I can go pick her up!!
[quoted image]

I'm in! Picked mine up From Marshall yesterday, #1634 with a 5/04/22 build date. Game played perfect, no adjustments needed. I did add felt tab to the right of Bart as it got stuck there twice, none since. Beautiful machine, could not find one flaw. Marshall is a class act, very knowledgeable and a nice guy, thanks bud. LSOG, Little Shop Of Games in Lutz, Florida.
Loving the machine and the updates, totally satisfied.

#2054 1 year ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Marshall is a class act, very knowledgeable and a nice guy, thanks bud. LSOG, Little Shop Of Games in Lutz, Florida.

Marshall and crew are great! I am just waiting for him to call and tell me that my LE has arrived!

#2055 1 year ago

Based on reported game info, the SE production rate is now over 40/week and rising.
The train to Cactus Canyon is picking up steam!

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

FWIW - My distributor told me yesterday at least another 4 weeks for LEs. Sounds in-line with with apparent production rates.
I’m #15 on his list so hope to be in the first or second batch in June/July.
My two favorite Cactus Canyon days will be when Richard gets his game and I get mine.

Using the CGC formula thats been developed over the last 3 releases ..... Actual Delivery time = estimated delivery time + (8-12 weeks) .... u should see your game in 12 to 16 weeks

On another note CGC number matched on AFMRLE and MBRLE's. I was asked for my LE numbers last October. I was told at the time they might number match, but haven't heard anything since. In the past they shipped those first (no idea if that was true or not)?

#2057 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Using the CGC formula thats been developed over the last 3 releases ..... Actual Delivery time = estimated delivery time + (8-12 weeks) .... u should see your game in 12 to 16 weeks
On another note CGC number matched on AFMRLE and MBRLE's. I was asked for my LE numbers last October. I was told at the time they might number match, but haven't heard anything since. In the past they shipped those first (no idea if that was true or not)?

I was told by Ryan that number matching games will not be first like in the past. I hope they change their minds.

#2058 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You’ve made your opinion clear. More than once. When you start a thread you can decide if you want to maintain an FAQ.
I added it because (a) it keeps key info in one place for me (b) my biggest pet peeve about owner’s threads is seeing the same questions/discussion over and over clutter up the thread and (c) it’s dynamic and allows information to be updated rather than requiring people to figure out if a given post about a particular topic has the most current info.
And obviously not everyone knows it’s there.
As long as people ask questions that have been asked MANY times (e.g. FAQs) I’m going to point them to the FAQ.

FAQs are awesome and good job on maintaining such a helpful list. There are two types of folks: Those who reads the directions before taking the test so they get bonus points for doing something like spelling their name backwards as directed and those that miss out on those opportunities. Don't be discouraged by the latters!

#2059 1 year ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I was told by Ryan that number matching games will not be first like in the past. I hope they change their minds.

This was confirmed very early on. It won’t change, for multiple reasons.

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yeah, but I’m using actual real world data
I’ll have my game far sooner than 12-16 weeks.

Talk to your distributor. They will number match. More details in the FAQ.

#2061 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your assumption is that LE differences, particularly the topper, will not affect the production schedule/rate.

That remains to be seen.

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Your assumption is that LE differences, particularly the topper, will not affect the production schedule/rate.
That remains to be seen.

Agreed. But I believe the production rate will improve and that the topper is no longer a limiting factor.

Ryan has made it clear that models can be swapped quickly on the line (e.g. required SKU and process changes are easy), so that’s not going to slow down the rate. Also the topper assemblies are almost certainly being built independently of games and are probably already stockpiled and ready for the shipping department to strap them to LEs as they come of the line.

#2063 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

This was confirmed very early on. It won’t change, for multiple reasons.

What reasons? Matching number games can't be a large amount. I would think it would be easier now than in the past.

#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Did you try loosening the return spring, or better yet replacing it entirely, per the faq? If you have a spare spring on-hand, then it's a 5 min fix. Changing the spring is very easy, and reversible.
Also, if you do try to stretch the spring that is all ready there, be careful, the factory spring deforms VERY easily.
Either way, that solved my drop target issue, and the issues of other owners as well. So it's worth trying if you haven't all ready.
CGC has been made aware of this problem, and the potential fix, for at least 3 weeks now. Possibly longer. So hopefully, they'll make an adjustment at the factory level soon.

Yes I did try that. It is not the spring. I noticed that the metal bracket is different at the bend where the bracket mates with the playfield than my correctly working ones. CGC is taking care of me, they were very helpful.

#2065 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Like I stated my distributor requested the information on my MMRLE, AFRLE, and MBRLE. At that time they said they would pass that information onto CGC, however I haven't heard anything since. In my mind its' a mute point if it doesn't put the number matching to the front on the line (as they did in the past). If you're lucky enough to get the first LE's off the line then I suspect u might be correct. If you're the last than it will be 6+ months from the time they start LE production.

#2066 1 year ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

What reasons? Matching number games can't be a large amount. I would think it would be easier now than in the past.

I don’t know them all but I believe Doug commented on this in the hype thread around announcement time. I do know it was a deliberate change and the requirements were tightened (e.g. you have to have all the remakes). I think there was discussion of dropping the program all together so maybe this was a compromise.

I agree with you that it may be easier now, at least matching them up, but would likely cause distribution headaches (by messing up distributor batches). It could also be seen as a fairness issue to see that legacy customers already getting a perk aren’t “jumping the line”.

#2067 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know them all but I believe Doug commented on this in the hype thread around announcement time. I do know it was a deliberate change and the requirements were tightened (e.g. you have to have all the remakes). I think there was discussion of dropping the program all together so maybe this was a compromise.
I agree with you that it may be easier now, at least matching them up, but would likely cause distribution headaches (by messing up distributor batches). It could also be seen as a fairness issue to see that legacy customers already getting a perk aren’t “jumping the line”.

Is it fair? I can't really answer that, but it was a nice perk for past LE customers. My guess is there are so many other challenges getting games built that they don't want to manage this internally.

#2068 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is it fair? I can't really answer that, but it was a nice perk for past LE customers. My guess is there are so many other challenges getting games built that they don't want to manage this internally.

Still trying to figure out how to become a past LE customer if you can’t become a future or present LE customer without being a past LE customer.

TLDR: CGC, take my money!

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think it's fair IMHO. I've bought a bunch of NIB Sterns in the past few years (LEs and Prems). That doesn't give me the "right" to jump the queue. I think number matching should be made available if possible but you get it when you get it. Honestly it makes no sense to allow queue jumping since LE owners wishing to number match will buy the game either way and if they don't, someone else will. Business will not be impacted by this decision. I get the "loyalty program" aspect but the other manufacturers don't do it and business is booming anyway.

Unless CGC wants to start something like the Haggis season tickets where you commit to buy the next 5 games and are guaranteed front of the line delivery. The down side of this is you have no idea what the next games will be yet you are commited.

#2070 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I think it's fair IMHO. I've bought a bunch of NIB Sterns in the past few years (LEs and Prems). That doesn't give me the "right" to jump the queue. I think number matching should be made available if possible but you get it when you get it. Honestly it makes no sense to allow queue jumping since LE owners wishing to number match will buy the game either way and if they don't, someone else will. Business will not be impacted by this decision. I get the "loyalty program" aspect but the other manufacturers don't do it and business is booming anyway.
Unless CGC wants to start something like the Haggis season tickets where you commit to buy the next 5 games and are guaranteed front of the line delivery. The down side of this is you have no idea what the next games will be yet you are commited.

I don't disagree in this current market. In the past (except the original MMRLE) CGC didn't sell out of AFMRLE or MBRLE's so my guess it was a perk to try and drive sales early as both those titles were on the market 6-12 months after release.

#2071 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think you're likely right about it being a compromise. The only thing is that they do still need to track the numbers and get them to the correct distributor & customer. You would think this would be the easiest if the number matching was done at the front or end of the run(please not at end). It was a great perk sorry to see it go. Not my place to tell them what or how to do their jobs. Bottom line I thank them for putting out a quality game each and every time. Worth the wait.

#2072 1 year ago

#2073 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Richard ...Richard ...Richard....Richard ... Richard ... Richard...Richard ...

#2074 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was told that … unless you can prove that you own the 3 previous titles w/ matching serial numbers. I have MBrLE and MMrLE with matching numbers. I was told that I can't get a matching serial number on my CCrLE

Yes, that is correct.

New rule is that you must have all 3 previous titles to get a matching number on CCr. It apparently used to only require ownership of the previous title.

#2075 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes, that is correct.
New rule is that you must have all 3 previous titles to get a matching number on CCr. It apparently used to require ownership of the previous title.

Thats what I was told as I have all three....that being said I could really care less if your in line with everyone else (which is fine). I'm fully prepared to get mine around the holidays

#2076 1 year ago

Got an unsolicited email from my distributor.
Their estimation is no LE's before August

#2077 1 year ago

Hey everyone exciting day Zach just said my game is in he got a shipment earlier than expected I'll post the numbers for tracking purposes when I get it!

#2078 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Hey everyone exciting day Zach just said my game is in he got a shipment earlier than expected I'll post the numbers for tracking purposes when I get it!

Sweet!!

#2079 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

I think I received the same email.

#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

I'm in! Picked mine up From Marshall yesterday, #1634 with a 5/04/22 build date. Game played perfect, no adjustments needed. I did add felt tab to the right of Bart as it got stuck there twice, none since. Beautiful machine, could not find one flaw. Marshall is a class act, very knowledgeable and a nice guy, thanks bud. LSOG, Little Shop Of Games in Lutz, Florida.

Got her home today! Build date 5/4/22 #1633.
Yup another shout out to Marshall at LSOG!!!

20220512_195840 (resized).jpg20220512_195840 (resized).jpg20220512_231522 (resized).jpg20220512_231522 (resized).jpg
#2081 1 year ago

So the right outlane…. The ball when moving slow going in will get stuck between that fat little post rubber and the wire frame. I’ve tried pushing in the wire frame a bit, but it’s pretty stiff and I’m afraid of damaging the playfield. I really think it’s the rubber deal on the post and that it’s too fat, but then again is that the part every one is getting?

Checked the faq and don’t see anything about it. Any one else experience this?

Thanks in advance

D434C08A-3954-4513-857D-4BA41FF6AF1A (resized).jpegD434C08A-3954-4513-857D-4BA41FF6AF1A (resized).jpeg
#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Not a surprise....

#2083 1 year ago

Maybe since the SE+ is looking like Christmas maybe CG could add a shaker or something ...for free?

#2084 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Maybe since the SE+ is looking like Christmas maybe CG could add a shaker or something ...for free?

Lol. What benefit would CGC get by doing so? What do Stern and JJP offer to their customers waiting over a year?

#2085 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

add a shaker or something ...for free?

Lol....

#2086 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol. What benefit would CGC get by doing so? What do Stern and JJP offer to their customers waiting over a year?

We’ll Stern DID make the EHoH 40th …
Pissed off more than it benefited
Now people who had orders .. still wait and hope for 4th of this year

#2087 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not a surprise....

Except it doesn’t make sense based on the manufacturing data that has been reported by owners.

August for LEs implies that CGC is making more than 500 SEs first, has a new production issue or is planning on a summer vacation

#2088 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

So the right outlane…. The ball when moving slow going in will get stuck between that fat little post rubber and the wire frame. I’ve tried pushing in the wire frame a bit, but it’s pretty stiff and I’m afraid of damaging the playfield. I really think it’s the rubber deal on the post and that it’s too fat, but then again is that the part every one is getting?

If this turns out to be a common issue I’ll add it to the FAQ. Keep us (pardon the pun) posted.

#2089 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Except it doesn’t make sense based on the manufacturing data that has been reported by owners.
August for LEs implies that CGC is making more than 500 SEs first, has a new production issue or is planning on a summer vacation

Maybe the distributor is trying to give low expectations so they can surprise us with earlier than estimated availability. .

#2090 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

Mine did it as well. Just bend the wire guide a bit. Push on it until the ball clears. You won't hurt anything. Mine works 100% now.

#2091 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Update: here's the issue. The lock nut is the wrong size. It loosely threads onto the beer mug post but falls off after a few solid hits leaving the mug to smack the glass full force. You can see the threads aren't stripped. Now I have to go find this tiny damn lock nut....
[quoted image][quoted image]

This happened to me last night. Scared me silly. I found the nut and attempted to screw it back on but it fell off again in two plays. Gonna go find the 2/56 lock nut mentioned in past posts.

#2092 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

This happened to me last night. Scared me silly. I found the nut and attempted to screw it back on but it fell off again in two plays. Gonna go find the 2/56 lock nut mentioned in past posts.

It's freaking loud huh?!

#2093 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:Maybe the distributor is trying to give low expectations so they can surprise us with earlier than estimated availability. .

Nah...my guess is they've seen the same CGC movie, and they know exactly how it ends. CGC is always months, and months behind schedule and that was during normal times. God only knows how the supply chain issues have changed their ability to get games out the door. The last issue was a card board shortage, and I highly doubt thats the only thing on the list.

#2094 1 year ago

Mine did it as well. Just bend the wire guide a bit. Push on it until the ball clears. You won't hurt anything. Mine works 100% now.

Thanks for the reassurance. Will play with it when I get home. I really was concerned about damaging the playfield bending that wire frame

#2095 1 year ago

Does anybody in SoCal know of a place that has a CCR on location that we can go and play? Have an order in for a SE Plus but would really like to go and put a few plays on the pin while we wait for ours.
Thanks

#2096 1 year ago

Try Ayce Gogi in the San Fernando Valley?

#2097 1 year ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Try Ayce Gogi in the San Fernando Valley?

Thanks. That is about a 3 hour drive from us. Not sure when we will be going that direction again but I will put it on my list. There is nothing like a road trip.......

#2098 1 year ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Does anybody in SoCal know of a place that has a CCR on location that we can go and play? Have an order in for a SE Plus but would really like to go and put a few plays on the pin while we wait for ours.
Thanks

I have it. I'm in Yucca Valley if you want to check it out. Also Evan (who I bought mine from) of OC pinballs put one in the old Laguna Hills Mall in the pinball arcade he operates out of Open Market OC (in the old Macy's dept. store).

#2099 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nah...my guess is they've seen the same CGC movie, and they know exactly how it ends. CGC is always months, and months behind schedule and that was during normal times.

I hear the Cactus Canyon theater company is looking to cast the role of Negative Nellie for their upcoming play.
Sounds like you’d be a natural.

#2100 1 year ago

It's freaking loud huh?!

I checked my nut and it's on real tight out of the factory.
As setup it doesn't even tap the glass.
I wounder if they already mad an adjustment.
So far my targets are staying up good also.
Now the target in front of the mine sometimes has to be hit twice to go down and the ccr at the bar had the same target doing that also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,500 (OBO)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/42?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.