(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 309.
#2001 1 year ago

It’s here!!! So excited.

As promised : Build date 5/02/22 Serial # 1615

52D6BC78-AA2D-47A7-8710-04CC76B8BF79 (resized).jpeg52D6BC78-AA2D-47A7-8710-04CC76B8BF79 (resized).jpeg
#2002 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

It’s here!!! So excited.
As promised : Build date 5/02/22 Serial # 1615
[quoted image]

Nice line up!

#2003 1 year ago

Thank you! Not pictured is my ‘79 Bally Star Trek

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Thank you! Not pictured is my ‘79 Bally Star Trek

Cool!

#2005 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Has it ever been confirmed by CGC that the LE machines would start at 0001 on the serial and end at 1250 when the SE serials started and after the 1250 Les are gone what would the SE+ serials be ?
If it was in FAQ I must have looked over it

It’s noted in the FAQ. The numbering system is surmised based on the reported serial numbers but CGC has not confirmed that’s how it actually works (and since their stated position is that they don’t comment on production they may not).

The lowest reported serial number so far is 1262 in February so 1-1250 being reserved for the 1250 LEs makes sense. No idea if the SE+ games will have a special range but my (total) guess is no and that they will be just another SE number. However if the toppers themselves have serial numbers than maybe it will be another model/number range.

#2006 1 year ago

Is the optional Saloon doors add-on still something that is expected to happen? I know very little on the topic, but if I thought I saw Lyman Sheats was involved with it. With his passing which was very sad, I wasn't sure if that was still going to happen.

#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Is the optional Saloon doors add-on still something that is expected to happen?

I don't know if it was ever planned. Reading through all these posts I don't believe the playfield is cut out for it.

LTG : )

#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Is the optional Saloon doors add-on still something that is expected to happen? I know very little on the topic, but if I thought I saw Lyman Sheats was involved with it. With his passing which was very sad, I wasn't sure if that was still going to happen.

As gets repeated every 3-4 posts, please read the FAQ. There's a whole section on the upgrade.

#2009 1 year ago

I'm holding my breath (totally dreaming here) that 12v is enough to open and close some saloon doors and Chicago Gaming repurposes the new solenoids from the drops to achieve it above playfield - nixing the need for the playfield routing that was left out during production. Dream a little dream.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats and thanks for sharing.
So we are at about 350 SEs with at least 160 manufactured in April. That seems pretty promising for LEs in May, doesn’t it?

Do we have confirmation they have all the needed topper parts?

#2011 1 year ago

I’ve notice this after just 23 games. I am collecting these odd brownish spots on the playfield. They clean right up but no idea what is causing them. They are most prominent in the area where the train would start. Yes I did fully clean the oil off the pinballs to start. Thoughts?

8B4D99AB-BA10-430C-AAA7-8D52109564ED (resized).jpeg8B4D99AB-BA10-430C-AAA7-8D52109564ED (resized).jpeg

#2012 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Do we have confirmation they have all the needed topper parts?

No

#2013 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Check the FAQ for everything we know about the upgrade kit. There’s a whole section on it.

#2014 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

I'm holding my breath (totally dreaming here) that 12v is enough to open and close some saloon doors and Chicago Gaming repurposes the new solenoids from the drops to achieve it above playfield - nixing the need for the playfield routing

I hope you’re really good at holding your breath

I can’t even imagine how they could do what you suggest.

#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hope you’re really good at holding your breath
I can’t even imagine how they could do what you suggest.

12v motors and a gearbox

Can’t be a huge load for that feature

Just sayin

Or an auxiliary power supply

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

12v motors and a gearbox
Can’t be a huge load for that feature
Just sayin
Or an auxiliary power supply

It will be fun to see what the hardware in the kit will be. Hope to see an official announcement this year.

#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I’ve notice this after just 23 games. I am collecting these odd brownish spots on the playfield. They clean right up but no idea what is causing them. They are most prominent in the area where the train would start. Yes I did fully clean the oil off the pinballs to start. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Wax the playfield?

#2018 1 year ago

Sorry I’m sure this has been asked, but I’ve scrolled thru a few pages and don’t see anything. Are the LEs shipping before SE+?

#2019 1 year ago

I happen to be speaking to my distributor yesterday about sonneting else and causally asked about my Cactus Canyon LE. He said that he understood the tentative plan from CGC was to produce 500 SE's and then switch to LE production. He said, and I quote,"Hopefully, I asking you for some money in a few weeks. If that proves to be correct, we may, emphasis on may start to see some LE's in the wild sometime in June.

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Sorry I’m sure this has been asked, but I’ve scrolled thru a few pages and don’t see anything. Are the LEs shipping before SE+?

Covered extensively in the FAQ (see first post or key post #1).

Yes.

#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Covered extensively in the FAQ (see first post or key post #1).
Yes.

Thanks! So I’m guessing August…

#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Says someone who apparently doesn’t understand the concept of an FAQ.

I think constantly referring people to a list is dumb. We all know it’s there, but clearly a lot of people don’t wanna be bothered with it. People come to forums for interaction and discussion, not to be directed to a list a boring list.

#2023 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Thanks! So I’m guessing August…

For the start of SE+s? Barring a major surprise more like late fall and that would be optimistic.

#2024 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I think constantly referring people to a list is dumb. We all know it’s there, but clearly a lot of people don’t wanna be bothered with it. People come to forums for interaction and discussion, not to be directed to a list a boring list.

Very true lol but I don’t mind. I did have to scroll for 5 mins to find it.

#2025 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

You’ve made your opinion clear. More than once. When you start a thread you can decide if you want to maintain an FAQ.

I added it because (a) it keeps key info in one place for me (b) my biggest pet peeve about owner’s threads is seeing the same questions/discussion over and over clutter up the thread and (c) it’s dynamic and allows information to be updated rather than requiring people to figure out if a given post about a particular topic has the most current info.

And obviously not everyone knows it’s there.

As long as people ask questions that have been asked MANY times (e.g. FAQs) I’m going to point them to the FAQ.

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Pretty disrespectful and lazy comment. Hard to find another FAQ guide that answers just about every question you might have on CCr. Appreciate the work to build it and keep it current!

#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Very true lol but I don’t mind. I did have to scroll for 5 mins to find it.

Well, if it took you 5 minutes to find “When will I get my game?” there may be an issue not addressed in the FAQ.
(I appreciate that you didn’t mind the referral)

#2028 1 year ago

You made an error with the games....i fixed it for you

CGC is currently producing an initial run of 500 SEs, Richard's will sadly be the 500th SE, and the first shipped to Canada.

Followed by the Limited Edition and SE+

#2029 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Just in case you can't paint, like me, this is something that will work at least passibly. I tried hand painting and it looked awful. I tried spray painting a base coat them sanding off the high points-that looked worse. So I took a Dremel rubber drum meant for sanding, left the sandpaper tube off, painted a piece of scrap wood, then rolled the Dremel rubber roller in the paint, then rolled over the base coated plastic. It came out decent and I am an awful painter. You do have to get your paint at the right consistency to adhere to the roller. I used an expresso color base, the same as I used for the train tracks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this, glad you were able to paint them nicely yourself and were not afraid to try it.
The raised edges of the letters should make it not too difficult to get the paint correct.

The roller you used is a nice trick.
If you use a brush, then it's easier not to try to paint the letters with the top of the brush.
Try going for a wiping / sliding motion with the flat side of the brush. Then it'll also only cover the raised parts.

#2030 1 year ago

She's waiting for me! One more night shift and I can go pick her up!!

673904129 (resized).jpg673904129 (resized).jpg
#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

She's waiting for me! One more night shift and I can go pick her up!!
[quoted image]

Nice!

#2032 1 year ago

Richard waiting for the call....
It's coming my friend ... I can feel it

man-frustrated-waiting-phone-29818287 (resized).jpgman-frustrated-waiting-phone-29818287 (resized).jpg
#2033 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

You made an error with the games....i fixed it for you
CGC is currently producing an initial run of 500 SEs, Richard's will sadly be the 500th SE, and the first shipped to Canada.
Followed by the Limited Edition and SE+

Given the shipping costs/hassle now I wouldn't be surprised to hear that P1 gets all their allotment in 1 shipment. SE and LE. Richard may wait a bit longer. That's just my opinion of course. Depends on how many SEs have been ordered for Canada. If it's 5 or less then I think my prediction will prevail. IIRC P1 is only getting around 20-25 LEs.

#2034 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Richard waiting for the call....
It's coming my friend ... I can feel it
[quoted image]

Haha!!

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Given the shipping costs/hassle now I wouldn't be surprised to hear that P1 gets all their allotment in 1 shipment. SE and LE. Richard may wait a bit longer. That's just my opinion of course. Depends on how many SEs have been ordered for Canada. If it's 5 or less then I think my prediction will prevail. IIRC P1 is only getting around 20-25 LEs.

Interesting. Always a bunch of factors for international folks those of us in the US never really think about.

#2036 1 year ago

My CCr is supposed to arriving this week! Can’t wait for it

#2038 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And obviously not everyone knows it’s there.
As long as people ask questions that have been asked MANY times (e.g. FAQs) I’m going to point them to the FAQ.

Personally, I really appreciate the effort that was put forward to create and maintain the FAQ. Thanks JFH! I think referring people to the FAQ when a question has already been answered there makes total sense and will prevent a significant amount of redundancy.

#2039 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Hard to find another FAQ guide that answers just about every question you might have on CCr. Appreciate the work to build it and keep it current!

Me too! Came to this forum a week ago and learned so much! The FAQ was very helpful.

Ordered my shaker with ease and discovered the alternate art blades and translite. /cheers!

#2040 1 year ago

I ordered the alternate translight and art blades. They look so awesome

#2041 1 year ago

I have decided I’m not going to use or display my alternate acrylic backglass. Will be posting in the marketplace in the next couple days. I don’t know the LE number because I haven’t opened the package yet.

#2042 1 year ago

Can anyone with a planetary pinball shaker motor confirm that the shaker motor is supposed to make a chirping noise when it is gently rumbling? When it's rumbling hard there is no chirp.

#2043 1 year ago

Mine came into day. Number 1588. Looks like I will be putting in a ticket. My right drop target won't stay up. Spent 2 hours pulling it and taking it apart. Didn't have any luck.

#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Mine came into day. Number 1588. Looks like I will be putting in a ticket. My right drop target won't stay up. Spent 2 hours pulling it and taking it apart. Didn't have any luck.

Same here. You'd think a drop target would be an easy fix but it isn't.

#2045 1 year ago
Quoted from EmeraldWeapon:

Can anyone with a planetary pinball shaker motor confirm that the shaker motor is supposed to make a chirping noise when it is gently rumbling? When it's rumbling hard there is no chirp.

I have not noticed that. I’ll listen for it next game.

Quoted from jfh:

I have decided I’m not going to use or display my alternate acrylic backglass. Will be posting in the marketplace in the next couple days. I don’t know the LE number because I haven’t opened the package yet.

I love both! But I’ll be leaving the original backglass art like my other remakes.

Richard

#2046 1 year ago

I own SE #1438 if you want to update the records. Have an LE on order as well. SE is still boxed as we are doing some remodeling and having the floors done. Distributor has told me still no ETA on LE or SE plus, Topper?

#2047 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballemporium:

I own SE #1438 if you want to update the records. Have an LE on order as well. SE is still boxed as we are doing some remodeling and having the floors done. Distributor has told me still no ETA on LE or SE plus, Topper?

I don’t track ownership, just # and mfg date. What’s the date of manufacturing for yours?

Just curious - why do you want both an SE and LE?

#2048 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Thank you for the kind words!
I have 8 of the original brown cup holders ready to ship. PM me if you want one. I also have 1 walnut ( lighter brown) available. And 1 olive green (someone custom ordered one for a POTC CE and I made a 2nd one). Custom colors are available. [quoted image]

Bumping this as I just received mine. I was on the fence for the price but it is super sweet!

#2049 1 year ago

Have the delivery day/time estimates been pretty accurate?

My fear is that I’ll get a call while I’m at work that it has shown up and I won’t have a chance to inspect it before signing.

#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Quoted from loneranger:

Same here. You'd think a drop target would be an easy fix but it isn't.

Did you try loosening the return spring, or better yet replacing it entirely, per the faq? If you have a spare spring on-hand, then it's a 5 min fix. Changing the spring is very easy, and reversible.

Also, if you do try to stretch the spring that is all ready there, be careful, the factory spring deforms VERY easily.

Either way, that solved my drop target issue, and the issues of other owners as well. So it's worth trying if you haven't all ready.

CGC has been made aware of this problem, and the potential fix, for at least 3 weeks now. Possibly longer. So hopefully, they'll make an adjustment at the factory level soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/41?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.