(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 309.
#1901 1 year ago

Quick question for owners. I know the beer mug is supposed to hit the glass when you make a hit on the target. However, mine has become progressively more violent and obnoxious. It hits so hard now that it actually can make your ears ring briefly! Anyone else experiencing this? It's just crazy loud now, especially during a multiball where it may get hit multiple times back to back.

#1902 1 year ago

"So as posted I ordered my se this past Monday, and I got word it will be delivered this… Monday! Is there side armor for this unit like I have on all my sterns or is the way it’s built in that retro Bally style make it impossible?"

Damn that's fast! Congrats. I ordered mine months ago and still haven't gotten it yet.

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

So as posted I ordered my se this past Monday, and I got word it will be delivered this… Monday!

No offense to OP... this seems wrong in so many ways when others ordered from day one ...

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

No offense to OP... this seems wrong in so many ways when others ordered from day one ...

I got mine the same way over a month ago

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Is there side armor for this unit like I have on all my sterns or is the way it’s built in that retro Bally style make it impossible?

Not exactly sure what your question is but the side trim is attached with screws not double sided tape as with the original game.

#1906 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Understandable. Great news there are games available for those late deciders. That’s necessary if the game is going to be a hit. Also why it’s good to get games to operators early.

Perhaps disappointing if you ordered day one but it would be an unproductive logistical nightmare to try and fill orders in order of placement with a distributor model.

For every game I see delivered I’m happy for the owner and for me because it’s one step closer to my game being delivered.

#1907 1 year ago

This solidifies the importance of networking within the world of Pinball. Build relationships and enjoy the shows.

#1908 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I get that. And I feel very lucky. Its really simple and its just fat luck. My distributor had 5 on order to his location. He had four sold and one available. My timing was just pure luck. He told me, "I don't know when they will deliver yet, but I'll place a call and find out because its been awhile since we've heard" Then I got the call it was coming. Like I said, pure luck. Others who ordered from my distributor had most likely been waiting a hot minute.

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not exactly sure what your question is but the side trim is attached with screws not double sided tape as with the original game.

I was curious of a side armor setup like the "lolly pops" on my most of my sterns, or something really cool like the dragon look ones for my Godzilla is all. The silver trim is cool, but does little to protect the cabinet from wear and tear near the flipper buttons. I know there's those "half moon" solutions or some sort of mylar, I just like the look of good n proper side armor.

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

I get that. And I feel very lucky. Its really simple and its just fat luck. My distributor had 5 on order to his location. He had four sold and one available. My timing was just pure luck. He told me, "I don't know when they will deliver yet, but I'll place a call and find out because its been awhile since we've heard" Then I got the call it was coming. Like I said, pure luck. Others who ordered from my distributor had most likely been waiting a hot minute.

Similar happened with me as well. I expressed interest and when he had an extra one available, he called me.

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Quick question for owners.

A tiny dab of clear silicone or hot glue ( or white ) on top of the foam on the mug will lower the smacking the glass noise.

LTG : )

#1912 1 year ago

Wait, that mug is supposed to hit the glass? I don't think mine is, I am okay with that. lol

#1913 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Wait, that mug is supposed to hit the glass?

I thought so. Like the leapers on Scared Stiff.

Quoted from hiker2099:

I don't think mine is,

Might have something on the bottom of it's rod to limit travel.

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Quick question for owners. I know the beer mug is supposed to hit the glass when you make a hit on the target. However, mine has become progressively more violent and obnoxious. It hits so hard now that it actually can make your ears ring briefly! Anyone else experiencing this? It's just crazy loud now, especially during a multiball where it may get hit multiple times back to back.

If it’s like the frogs on Scared Stiff you can slide a mini post rubber over the metal stick on the underside of the playfield to limit travel.

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

#1529 arrived today! Built on April 21st. Set it up, leveled it, and it played pretty good right out of the box. I made a a few lighting adjustments, and went through all the menus to see the all the options. Definitely like the new menu setup. Played around 15 games and tweaked a few things. I thought the saloon popper was too strong because every time it kicked out, it would hit the right ramp post and kick back into the loop a little. I lowered that coil to -1. I thought my right flipper was a little out of alignment as well. Question here, what is the correct way to align the flippers? The alignment holes seem to be positioned so they are right above the top side of the flippers without the rubber. Is that correct? Also thought the right loop was a little inconsistent. Not sure how that shot should always play out. After making the “MARKSMAN” then “GUNSLINGER” then “GOOD SHOT”, shouldn’t the ball go into the left upper lanes area each time? Then if you complete the mode it turns into a pass though loop shot where you can combo that as many times as you can right? Sometimes a shot to that right loop kicked back into Bart awarding a hit, sometimes it hit the top gate and came back around the entry way. Not really consistent as if the ball guide was off a little. If I could change anything at this point it would be that. Otherwise, game plays great and is very fun! So happy with the experience so far. I don’t think it will be very difficult to beat though as compared to say Ruling the Universe or Battle for the Kingdom in default settings. I guess if I do, I can always adjust the difficulty in the settings but just hope it’s not too shallow. Either way, it’s a fun game to play and a good change up to all the super deep games out there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1529 on 4/21
1478 on 4/12

That is 51 in 9 days or 40 games per week. Perhaps a sign that production is increasing.

Hopefully someone with a more recent build date will chime in so we can see if this is a trend.

#1916 1 year ago

In the club finally, hope you all get yours soon.
#1586 with a build date of 4/27/22

#1917 1 year ago

I was told mine will be shipping today. So maybe be late next week it will be here. I will post the build and date when it comes in.

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

A tiny dab of clear silicone or hot glue ( or white ) on top of the foam on the mug will lower the smacking the glass noise.

Quoted from alveolus:

If it’s like the frogs on Scared Stiff you can slide a mini post rubber over the metal stick on the underside of the playfield to limit travel.

Thanks!! Both solid suggestions

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

In the club finally, hope you all get yours soon.
#1586 with a build date of 4/27/22

Even better!

57 in 6 days

#1920 1 year ago

I've owned CCr SE a few weeks now, and it recently started intermittently buzzing while not being played. Every 2 minutes or so, the cabinet emits a loud buzz that lasts 4 - 5 seconds. This is my first pin, and up until a few days ago, it never buzzed while in standby mode. Any suggestions on what this could be?

#1921 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

I've owned CCr SE a few weeks now, and it recently started intermittently buzzing while not being played. Every 2 minutes or so, the cabinet emits a loud buzz that lasts 4 - 5 seconds. This is my first pin, and up until a few days ago, it never buzzed while in standby mode. Any suggestions on what this could be?

Could be a ground loop in the outlet. Try running an extension from an outlet on another circuit. (Though if that’s it, I would have expected you would have heard it earlier).

#1922 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Is it on a specific screen/animation when it happens?
Have you checked the backbox for any cables that might have shifted over speaker wires?

#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

1529 on 4/21
1478 on 4/12
That is 51 in 9 days or 40 games per week. Perhaps a sign that production is increasing.
Hopefully someone with a more recent build date will chime in so we can see if this is a trend.

Mine arrives Tuesday now, Monday deliveries were booked. I will report serial and build date soon as it hits the door

#1924 1 year ago

I should also mention the packaging was top notch, they even show the pin/cabinet orientation on the outside of the box so you know where to use your dolly. Thanks to this I was able to get the game in the house while boxed easily and with minimum movement unprotected. The whole game was strapped down well and with high quality foam and cardboard protection. Maybe they finally got all their packing supplies to help get more machines out.

897BC1BB-BB14-4FE3-9BF4-37579F38EBE4 (resized).jpeg897BC1BB-BB14-4FE3-9BF4-37579F38EBE4 (resized).jpeg
#1925 1 year ago

Answer found

#1926 1 year ago

Played the LE at Allentown. Amazing in every way. Can’t wait to get mine.

#1927 1 year ago

Just saw someone hauling a NIB CGC down the highway, likely CC. Wait for my SE not getting any easier.

#1928 1 year ago

Ok, got all the peripherals....just need my LE

Had the great fortune to play an LE at Pinfest today as well. Sadly, I found my time waiting in line to play the game was often 2-3x longer than the time I actually spent on 3 balls. Also didn't get a chance to hear much of anything given the Pinfest noise.

Not an ideal first date, but fun nonetheless. It's a beautiful pin and am even more excited to get one all to myself!

CCr (resized).jpgCCr (resized).jpg
#1929 1 year ago

The cup holder is very cool and well done. I’ve added an entry for it in FAQ modifications section.

#1930 1 year ago

Large banner has arrived. Bring on my game.
20220507_111945 (resized).jpg20220507_111945 (resized).jpg

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The cup holder is very cool and well done. There will be an entry for it in FAQ modifications tomorrow.

Thank you for the kind words!

I have 8 of the original brown cup holders ready to ship. PM me if you want one. I also have 1 walnut ( lighter brown) available. And 1 olive green (someone custom ordered one for a POTC CE and I made a 2nd one). Custom colors are available.

E6716F36-670C-4A38-84F3-33AD5CA7F019 (resized).jpegE6716F36-670C-4A38-84F3-33AD5CA7F019 (resized).jpeg
#1932 1 year ago

I will also have a spotlight cover that should fit CC coming soon. I just need to verify fitment. Here it is installed on MM. If you are interested I’m forming a list for CC. They fit right over the existing spot light with a little 3m tape.

1591C7DE-C065-47D0-91C0-4D2642A39374 (resized).jpeg1591C7DE-C065-47D0-91C0-4D2642A39374 (resized).jpeg6F5A1EAA-AB0D-4231-A4F7-5AA91B4211A3 (resized).jpeg6F5A1EAA-AB0D-4231-A4F7-5AA91B4211A3 (resized).jpeg

#1933 1 year ago

New gc score for me and beat high noon solidly! Got all the way back around but just needed one more Bart to try high noon again!

Bionic Bart is an amazing mode. I love the music.

Question: when the left Outlane is lit for gunfight, what happens on a drain there? (I went sdtm)

5427B5D4-3ED6-4C20-B268-5E2101DF153D (resized).jpeg5427B5D4-3ED6-4C20-B268-5E2101DF153D (resized).jpeg
#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

New gc score for me and beat high noon solidly! Got all the way back around but just needed one more Bart to try high noon again!
Bionic Bart is an amazing mode. I love the music.
Question: when the left Outlane is lit for gunfight, what happens on a drain there? (I went sdtm)
[quoted image]

You get the ball back and automatically start a round of the gunfight.
I’m just absolutely drooling on the floor thinking of the code update and what they could do. This can be a top 10 game with a deeper code.

#1935 1 year ago

Anybody add a shaker to the SE ? Is it integrated a little or a lot and add in your opinion a good deal to your play experience ?

#1936 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Anybody add a shaker to the SE ? Is it integrated a little or a lot and add in your opinion a good deal to your play experience ?

Yes, it's definitely worth it!

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Check the backbox lighting settings. I noticed that with both of my AFMr machines.

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Even better!
57 in 6 days

Is CGC a 5/6/7 day work week because if they are just M-F then 57 in 5 days means we could be done with the 500 SE's in less than 3 weeks. Somewhere between the 17th and 24th of May. LE's at the beginning of June is looking very possible just like jfh said.

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I generally detest shakers but it’s a must for Cactus Canyon. It’s incredibly well integrated.
CGC should have priced the SE+ to include a shaker because I can’t even imagine having the topper without the shaker motor.

#1940 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I generally detest shakers but it’s a must for Cactus Canyon. It’s incredibly well integrated.
CGC should have priced the SE+ to include a shaker because I can’t even imagine having the topper without the shaker motor.

Ok - thanks. I am usually ambivalent on shakers in general - so this is a good comment coming from you. Thanks for qualifying your response.

#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Is CGC a 5/6/7 day work week because if they are just M-F then 57 in 5 days means we could be done with the 500 SE's in less than 3 weeks. Somewhere between the 17th and 24th of May. LE's at the beginning of June is looking very possible just like jfh said.

There have been games manufactured on Saturday so I’m assuming a 6 day work week and we are certainly seeing a noticeable uptick in the weekly rate.

#1942 1 year ago

A number of people have reported sharp edges in the playfield glass channel and some have accidentally cut their hands installing/removing their playfield glass. I don’t know if this is the case on all games but I’ve added an FAQ entry in the “My game is here!” section to cover the problem/solution.

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:Is CGC a 5/6/7 day work week because if they are just M-F then 57 in 5 days means we could be done with the 500 SE's in less than 3 weeks. Somewhere between the 17th and 24th of May. LE's at the beginning of June is looking very possible just like jfh said.

I hope the wait for my SE is almost over! Hard to believe! Exciting!

#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I hope the wait for my SE is almost over!

me too !

#1945 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I hope the wait for my SE is almost over! Hard to believe! Exciting!

Has to be before Canada Day!

#1946 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Could be a ground loop in the outlet. Try running an extension from an outlet on another circuit. (Though if that’s it, I would have expected you would have heard it earlier).

It's definitely coming from the transformer. I opened a ticket with CGC. I'm assuming the part will need to be replaced.

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

I opened a ticket with CGC.

I saw your ticket. The engineers will be looking into it.

In the mean time, maybe get an outlet checker. Then plug it into the wall outlet, and then the games service outlet. That will let you know each is wired right.

#1948 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I generally detest shakers but it’s a must for Cactus Canyon.

I’m so curious. Why? I see shakers as a must have especially for the price. I think shakers make a huge difference in terms of the feel and overall experience. I put them on every pin I can.

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m so curious. Why? I see shakers as a must have especially for the price. I think shakers make a huge difference in terms of the feel and overall experience.

I’m old school. I think shaker motors are a gimmick that generally add very little to the experience. On most other games it just feels to me that it’s used just for the sake of using it.

But the integration on Cactus Canyon, especially with the topper game play, is masterfully done. Perhaps it’s because the shaker mimics gun recoil but it just feels appropriate and real.

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yeah, I have a shaker in my Earthshaker (obviously!) but am not big on them in my other games, but tried one in my CCr SE, well worth it, nicely integrated into the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/39?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.