(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 309.
#1501 2 years ago

What does everyone use to move their games? I’m gonna need to haul mine around the back of the house to the walkout prefer to keep it on the pallet until it’s inside.

#1502 2 years ago

You don’t just pick yours up and carry it?

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

What does everyone use to move their games? I’m gonna need to haul mine around the back of the house to the walkout prefer to keep it on the pallet until it’s inside.

I'm not sure how you would move it on the pallet short of just getting someone to help you carry it

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Two wheeler with big wheel attachment, makes it easier up and down curb and cross country.

LTG : )

DSC00284 (resized).JPGDSC00284 (resized).JPG
#1505 2 years ago

If it's still in the box, I like this extra wide hand cart and some wratchet straps

Screenshot_20220418-143516_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220418-143516_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I hire piano movers or those specializing in moving pins if my distributor isn’t doing the delivery.

If you take it off the pallet you can use an Escalara to move it yourself or a refrigerator dolly to move it with help (and straps).

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hire piano movers or those specializing in moving pins if my distributor isn’t doing the delivery.
If you take it off the pallet you can use an Escalara to move it yourself or a refrigerator dolly to move it with help (and straps).

My Escalera was one of the best purchases I ever made. Move my games in and out of the basement by myself all the time. I have all the add-ons as well. Big wheels, big toe plate, electric forklift, pinball lift plate.

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My Escalera was one of the best purchases I ever made. Move my games in and out of the basement by myself all the time. I have all the add-ons as well. Big wheels, big toe plate, electric forklift, pinball lift plate.

I have a used, beat looking escalera and its one of my favorite tool purchases. I can bring games in an out of the house solo easily with it.

#1509 2 years ago

Going with this for a shooter rod

Screenshot_20220418-150203_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220418-150203_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

On my bucket list. Next big thing to add to the tool and game moving collection.

#1511 2 years ago

Well got the good news email today, should have final invoice later tonight.

On the Pin move side, I am curious are CGC's games on a bigger pallet and the game super centered or something? I have moved sterns on a pallet with a regular hand truck.

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

On the Pin move side, I am curious are CGC's games on a bigger pallet and the game super centered or something? I have moved sterns on a pallet with a regular hand truck.

My experience has been centered on pallet. You should be fine.

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My experience has been centered on pallet. You should be fine.

I might add. I go to the freight company and pick it up. Cut the straps and leave pallet there. Tip onto "Truck This Side Only" ( the bottom of the game ) and slide into my van.

At work slide it out. Up end it. Stick my two wheeler under the truck this side only side. And wheel it into my business. Then uncork it.

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I saw this at TPF. Very nice.

I’d much rather have one that says Cactus Canyon but I believe PPS asked the person making them for the original game to stop.

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then uncork it.

I’ve been using the wrong delivery services for over twenty five years. Never had a cork on my game or a bottle with a cork delivered with the game.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’d much rather have one that says Cactus Canyon but I believe PPS asked the person making them for the original game to stop.

Call it cheesy, buy I thought a cowboy hat shooter would be cool.

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve been using the wrong delivery services for over twenty five years. Never had a cork on my game or a bottle with a cork delivered with the game.

Can't believe you missed it. It's in the FAQ's.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can't believe you missed it. It's in the FAQ's.

Zing! Well done sir!

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Come on in. All it takes is money and patience.

Done! Zach is gona get me in the cool kids club and I'm not gona lie I'm pretty pumped!

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

[quoted image]

I have one of these on my Police Force, it looks and feels great. It does reduce the strength of the plunge by a noticeable amount though. In my case, this was actually useful as my game as a full plunge was causing me to loop through the rewards twice, always ending on the best reward. So, if you want it to plunge the same, you might want to increase your spring a little bit.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Call it cheesy, buy I thought a cowboy hat shooter would be cool.

That gives me a great idea - how about the hat from the original Bart? I’m guessing the support rod can be removed.

239AAB38-1A3A-4853-BD8C-E6E11DEB9533 (resized).jpeg239AAB38-1A3A-4853-BD8C-E6E11DEB9533 (resized).jpeg

3675D7B3-62A6-4780-A517-C1EDACA68288 (resized).jpeg3675D7B3-62A6-4780-A517-C1EDACA68288 (resized).jpeg

D004EEA1-851A-4BF2-A826-B80C72D09145 (resized).jpegD004EEA1-851A-4BF2-A826-B80C72D09145 (resized).jpeg

#1522 2 years ago

Of that hat is as expensive as Bart it’s going to be a expensive shooter rod.

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

[If] that is as expensive as Bart it’s going to be a expensive shooter rod.

You haven’t priced any Stern shooter rods lately, have you?

Besides I already have the critical part

#1524 2 years ago

Just got the call today that my game is in and ready to ship!! Soo excited to get this one in and get playing.

#1525 2 years ago

I want a Cactus Canyon badge shooter rod.

#1526 2 years ago

Has anyone removed the metal washers on the bumpers and replaced them with the plastic protectors and if so will the protectors from the original CC fit? Sorry in advance if this has been asked before..

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I want a Cactus Canyon badge shooter rod.

Here is the link for the badge shooter rod. I have quite a few of their shooter rods on my games, they're all really well done.

https://superskillshot.com/products/tombstone-sheriffs-badge-shooter?variant=39325115842623

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Here is the link for the badge shooter rod. I have quite a few of their shooter rods on my games, they're all really well done.
https://superskillshot.com/products/tombstone-sheriffs-badge-shooter?variant=39325115842623

Just remember it says “Tombstone” / “Arizona Territory” and not “Cactus Canyon”

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just remember it says “Tombstone” / “Arizona Territory” and not “Cactus Cnyon”

Right, I want a Cactus Canyon version...

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Moving a heavy game on a big pallet it pretty tough, unless you have a pallet-jack. And even then, going over grass would be next to impossible. Whenever I get a NIB game, I always just unbox on my driveway, or in my garage, and then move just the cabinet portion on a 2-wheel dolly, or appliance cart. As long as the grass isn't wet or muddy, then moving just the pin with a dolly pretty doable. No reason you would need to keep the game on the pallet.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Moving a heavy game on a big pallet it pretty tough, unless you have a pallet-jack. And even then, going over grass would be next to impossible. Whenever I get a NIB game, I always just unbox on my driveway, or in my garage, and then move just the cabinet portion on a 2-wheel dolly, or appliance cart. As long as the grass isn't wet or muddy, then moving just the pin with a dolly pretty doable. No reason you would need to keep the game on the pallet.

I picked up my game at the terminal from fedex. The forklift operator pointed the hand truck side of the box towards my truck, cut the straps and we tipped it right in the back. Home--unload same way and unbox. Pallet doesn't do much for you once its off the delivery truck unless you forklift of pallet jack at your final location.

#1532 2 years ago

Anyone know how many connection there are from the head to the body? I might behead mine to bring it down the stairs to avoid bumping into some walls. Thanks

#1533 2 years ago

Went with these as well

20220419_093522 (resized).jpg20220419_093522 (resized).jpg
#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Anyone know how many connection there are from the head to the body? I might behead mine to bring it down the stairs to avoid bumping into some walls. Thanks

Easy peasy, look at the top of this thread and click "view topic image gallery". There are a few pics of the head that clearly show the harnesses and where they plug in.

#1535 2 years ago

I got a bit overzealous removing the lockdown bar on my CCr the other night and inadvertently nicked the right siderail (see photos). Anyone know if there is a good way to address the slight nick in the metal (yes - I realize I am being anal about it) to "clean it up" a bit? Given that it is a nick and not just scratch I don't think there is much that can be done but thought I would ask... Thanks for any info.

CCr SideRail #1 (resized).jpgCCr SideRail #1 (resized).jpgCCr SideRail #2 (resized).jpgCCr SideRail #2 (resized).jpg
#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why?

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I got a bit overzealous removing the lockdown bar on my CCr the other night and inadvertently nicked the right siderail (see photos). Anyone know if there is a good way to address the slight nick in the metal (yes - I realize I am being anal about it) to "clean it up" a bit? Given that it is a nick and not just scratch I don't think there is much that can be done but thought I would ask... Thanks for any info.[quoted image][quoted image]

If it bothers you that much you can replace that rail for about 30 bucks . These are a breeze to take off as CGC did not put the foam tape on them like games in thr past. It's just 4 screws

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

if there is a good way to address the slight nick in the metal

sell it to me at a deep discount !

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

These are a breeze to take off as CGC did not put the foam tape on them like games in thr past. It's just 4 screws

Good to know. If they had taped them, I wasn't going to attempt removal for powder coat. Now I know I can just buy a spare set and swap them out. I never put the tape back on when I restore a machine either, it's so unnecessary.

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Good to know. If they had taped them, I wasn't going to attempt removal for powder coat. Now I know I can just buy a spare set and swap them out. I never put the tape back on when I restore a machine either, it's so unnecessary.

It was a nice surprise. I was fully expecting it when I pulled mine off

#1541 2 years ago

I don’t know.

I’ve contacted PPS to see what would be required to get a license to make custom shooters for Cactus Canyon. The request involved specifically using the original Bart hat but would likely apply to anything related (for example a Sheriff’s badge modeled after one depicted on the game).

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know.
I’ve contacted PPS to see what would be required to get a license to make custom shooters for Cactus Canyon. The request involved specifically using the original Bart hat but would likely apply to anything related (for example a Sheriff’s badge modeled after one depicted on the game).

seems pretty ridiculous to me! So are they going after the guy who makes the cactus flipper toppers? I highly doubt a sheriff badge would be problem after all they don't say Williams or CC anywhere!

#1543 2 years ago

Don't worry about PPS unless you are blatantly copying existing IP. Artwork and mods that include a cactus or a cowboy hat alone are not grounds for a valid IP infringement claim. Rick may think otherwise, but let him try and follow through with any of this nonsense and he will see it's a waste of his time.

Rick likes to think that other people selling mods which may cut into his sales of licensed mods is grounds for a claim but he is mistaken. He likes to threaten people for no valid reason other than maybe costing him some lost parts sales. You can sell all the mods you want, and if your product sells better than his, well tough for him.

You might have a problem if you are selling "Cactus Canyon flipper toppers" but you can sell "Flipper toppers for Cactus Canyon" all day without worry.

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Don't worry about PPS unless you are blatantly copying existing IP. Artwork and mods that include a cactus or a cowboy hat alone are not grounds for a valid IP infringement claim. Rick may think otherwise, but let him try and follow through with any of this nonsense and he will see it's a waste of his time.
Rick likes to think that other people selling mods which may cut into his sales of licensed mods is grounds for a claim but he is mistaken. He likes to threaten people for no valid reason other than maybe costing him some lost parts sales. You can sell all the mods you want, and if your product sells better than his, well tough for him.
You might have a problem if you are selling "Cactus Canyon flipper toppers" but you can sell "Flipper toppers for Cactus Canyon" all day without worry.

Correct . You can't just own a " western theme " lol . As long as it doesn't say cactus canyon it's fine

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

As long as it doesn't say cactus canyon it's fine

And that’s kind of the point. The poster wanted a badge that said “Cactus Canyon”.

It wasn’t my intention to start a debate about what can/should be licensed and what isn’t. I’m a strong proponent of IP rights and not interested in going down any related rabbit holes or debates.

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And that’s kind of the point. The poster wanted a badge that said “Cactus Canyon”.
It wasn’t my intention to start a debate about what can/should be licensed and what isn’t. I’m a strong proponent of IP rights and not interested in going down any related rabbit holes or debates.

It all started with the magnetic speaker decal....I'm with you on IP rights, but calling out everyone who "might" infringe on those rights seems a little heavy handed to me. Especially on mods for a pinball machine

#1547 2 years ago

How about a pair of horseshoes like this in the center of a star badge

3405BA1D-9E6E-4C0F-857A-1084A8A1547B (resized).jpeg3405BA1D-9E6E-4C0F-857A-1084A8A1547B (resized).jpeg
#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

How about a pair of horseshoes like this in the center of a star badge
[quoted image]

If you rotate those 90° clockwise, they say "CC" ....
Wink wink, nudge nudge...

#1549 2 years ago

Well shucks that’d be alright, just don’t let ‘em go upside down and drain all the luck out of em

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

If it bothers you that much you can replace that rail for about 30 bucks . These are a breeze to take off as CGC did not put the foam tape on them like games in thr past. It's just 4 screws

Good to know... I guess I'll just order a set from PPS. My hesitancy was the foam tape but apparently CGC is smart and doesn't bother with that, making this a much easier swap. In that case it sure isn't worth trying to "fix" just get new. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/31?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.