(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,829 posts
  • 773 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by phs4real
  • Topic is favorited by 389 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 342 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 105 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(665 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

High Game 7-3-2024 (resized).jpg
Retro logo in action (resized).jpg
OEM Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
1111111111.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8699 (resized).png
IMG_8700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2552 (resized).png
IMG_20240707_181337 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240707_181332 (resized).jpg
Nice Line Up (resized).png
26f3ff09-5ee0-46b5-a5f4-168fd0c46324_text.gif
IMG_4106 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 317.
#15601 45 days ago

That should do it. Thanks!

#15602 45 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

That should do it. Thanks!

You bet.

#15604 45 days ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15607 44 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I vaguely remember something about this... After reading it lol. Thanks for that, now I just need a bally logo file that looks exactly like the one in afm lol

I made my own logo and put it on there. Says "Johnson's Arcade" there. Took a little tweaking to do, but wasn't too difficult.

20240603_184712 (resized).jpg20240603_184712 (resized).jpg
#15608 44 days ago

I thought about doing my No Gouge Pinball logo in there but kinda wanted to go with the classic...I just bought an AFM LE and saw it had bally in there so I wanted them to match lol

Quoted from Menthelm:I made my own logo and put it on there. Says "Johnson's Arcade" there. Took a little tweaking to do, but wasn't too difficult.[quoted image]

#15609 44 days ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

I made my own logo and put it on there. Says "Johnson's Arcade" there. Took a little tweaking to do, but wasn't too difficult.[quoted image]

Pinside avatar on my two CGCs:

IMG_9390 (resized).jpegIMG_9390 (resized).jpeg

#15610 42 days ago

From today.

IMG_8784 (resized).jpegIMG_8784 (resized).jpeg
#15611 42 days ago

So the AFM I just bought has the "tm" next to Bally, wondering if anyone has a copy of that one? If not I'm going to load the same non factory bally on both of these I guess. I know I'm odd.

#15612 41 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That's cool can you explain to me exactly how i can do this to mine? I'm newish to pinball!!

#15614 41 days ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

From today.
[quoted image]

PPS is great. My guess is many cancelled due to the almost 3 year wait. I for one cancelled and picked a nice HUO game with less than 100 plays for $8K

#15615 41 days ago

Other - For Sale
“Soulrider Cactus Canyon cup holder. Excellent condition. Very expensive when he made them last year. $45 shipped”
2024-04-29
Mechanicsville, VA
45 (Firm)
Archived after: 46 days
Viewed: 166 times

#15616 41 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:Other - For Sale

Cactus Canyon cup holder

“Soulrider Cactus Canyon cup holder. Excellent condition. Very expensive when he made them last year.

$45 shipped”

38 days ago

Mechanicsville, VA
(833 mi)

GCS2000

45 (Firm)

This is an AWESOME deal. I love mine.

#15617 41 days ago

The bracket broke on mine with not much pressure.

#15618 41 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

That's cool can you explain to me exactly how i can do this to mine? I'm newish to pinball!!

Check FAQ post #2 (second post of this thread) for the entry “How to install a custom logo and/or attract mode message?”

#15619 41 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Check FAQ post #2 (second post of this thread) for the entry “How to install a custom logo and/or attract mode message?”

Cool thanks

#15620 40 days ago

So I have a bad guy drop target not staying up, and I've checked it and the plastic tabs seem fine (they don't look any smaller than the other ones). I was thinking maybe the spring behind the plastic that pushes on to the ledge isn't as strong as it should be. Am I able to buy a new one of those springs or is there some type of adjustment I can do on the drop target? Thanks in advance!!

#15621 40 days ago

I hope as they're doing the new animation, they put Lyman in the game as a character for the expansion.
Even if it's just a cameo.

Better would be Lyman as a final, final, final, boss: Boss of Bosses - The Code Master.

#15622 40 days ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

So I have a bad guy drop target not staying up, and I've checked it and the plastic tabs seem fine (they don't look any smaller than the other ones). I was thinking maybe the spring behind the plastic that pushes on to the ledge isn't as strong as it should be. Am I able to buy a new one of those springs or is there some type of adjustment I can do on the drop target? Thanks in advance!!

I had the same problem and a new spring fixed it. Details on troubleshooting this are in the FAQ at the top of this thread.

#15623 40 days ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

So I have a bad guy drop target not staying up, and I've checked it and the plastic tabs seem !

I had this issue, and I had a broken piece of plastic the prevented the target from staying up.
Open a ticket with CGC, and they might send you a new drop target unit. You send the broken one back. Simple to replace.

#15624 35 days ago

Got word today that my LE is finally shipping. Woohoo!

Now when is that rumored new code coming out?

Just kidding, we don’t need that rehash for the 57th time.

#15625 35 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

You know, the only reason I opened this thread was because I felt we were due for the question. And, lo, you provided it. Congrats on your game, too.

#15627 35 days ago

I'm legit curious, I mean I know you have a real disdain for him but what does this mean "transprtr4u posted: So jfh changed his avatar and name ?"

#15628 35 days ago

What number?

#15629 35 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'm legit curious, I mean I know you have a real disdain for him but what does this mean "transprtr4u posted: So jfh changed his avatar and name ?"

Disdain is a pretty strong word

#15630 35 days ago

Perhaps... And also perhaps none of my business either.... I'll concede I don't know the back story or anything. Maybe nevermind and let's go back to pinball. That's my bad.

Quoted from PtownPin:Disdain is a pretty strong word

#15631 34 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I don’t know what he said (nor care) but my name and avatar have never been changed.

As many have said before “don’t feed the trolls”.

#15632 34 days ago

Congratulations!

What number do you have?

#15633 34 days ago

Nice to see that the LE's are shipping again!

#15634 34 days ago

Question - on our CCRe+ - the shooter rod "feels" like it's metal on metal when pulling on it and it's starting to not get the ball to the top of the ramp to even play - did they miss a sleeve on my game or are there other issues I can check?

#15635 34 days ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Question - on our CCRe+ - the shooter rod "feels" like it's metal on metal when pulling on it and it's starting to not get the ball to the top of the ramp to even play - did they miss a sleeve on my game or are there other issues I can check?

If you lift the playfield and just set it on the legs you can tell if it's the shooter rod housing or if it is rubbing on the autoplunger.

#15636 34 days ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

did they miss a sleeve on my game

This would be my guess

Edit: Wrong guess

#15637 34 days ago

Well, took the shooter rod apart - it does have a sleeve, but there were also metal shavings (really just dust) at the bottom of the cab under the shooter rod - so it has been metal on metal somehow, someway.

I cleaned all items inside & out and put a small amount of lube inside the plastic sleeve once I cleaned it (very light skim coat) = shots are now hitting the back of the ramp at 3/4 pull! So much better, easier to play -thanks!

#15638 34 days ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Well, took the shooter rod apart - it does have a sleeve, but there were also metal shavings (really just dust) at the bottom of the cab under the shooter rod - so it has been metal on metal somehow, someway.
I cleaned all items inside & out and put a small amount of lube inside the plastic sleeve once I cleaned it (very light skim coat) = shots are now hitting the back of the ramp at 3/4 pull! So much better, easier to play -thanks!

I use tri-lube spray as it dries and wont accumulate black goo.

#15639 34 days ago

Wow...... are they early?
When I got confirmation a week ago, they said shipping in a couple months (like August).

#15640 34 days ago

Not sure on number, will post as soon as I see it.

#15641 34 days ago

Hey all,
anyone come up with a permanent solution on this ball hang up, happens quite often.
Have tried the 1/2 moon clear disc etc, really needs something more reliable.

TIA

Pinside_forum_6777875_2834126 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6777875_2834126 (resized).jpg
#15642 34 days ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey all,
anyone come up with a permanent solution on this ball hang up, happens quite often.
Have tried the 1/2 moon clear disc etc, really needs something more reliable.
TIA[quoted image]

I adjusted the mounting holes in the mech to move over a bit so the ball does not get lodged in place but rolls down instead.
It only needed less than 1/16" of extra clearance.

#15643 33 days ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Mine is same as yours. I just have not gotten around to looking at it.
Thanks

70812901204__78BD1190-459C-49BF-971D-6FD14F9BE1C0 (resized).jpeg70812901204__78BD1190-459C-49BF-971D-6FD14F9BE1C0 (resized).jpeg
#15644 33 days ago

When it got to point of not plunging the ball to the top, it was time to fix. Once cleaned and lubricated it’s firing like a champ now. Def worth the 10 minutes to fix. Fun to play once again!

#15645 33 days ago

Using any of these on the shooter makes a world of difference. Its not grease and does not make a mess. I personally prefer the CRC. Apply to a rag and rub it into the steel shaft as needed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15646 33 days ago

silicone is magic, just keep it off the playfield.

#15647 33 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congratulations!
What number do you have?

1122 coming next week.

Worth the wait. To think, I almost spent $13k on one of these unobtanium titles before the remake was announced. Thank you PPS!!!

#15648 29 days ago

Man bummer I loved his documentation abilities, I am sure he is a man of much more than that as well. Hopefully one of those priorities wasn't the CCr kit ext code.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/butch-peel-has-left-chicago-gaming-company

#15649 29 days ago

That is a bummer, I especially hate when I read about differing priorities being one of the reasons.

#15650 29 days ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

That is a bummer, I especially hate when I read about differing priorities being one of the reasons.

Could be the difference is just that he wants to dial back and semi retire. Regardless i met Butch at a pinball show like ten years ago, super guy and what a memorable name!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.