(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 309.
#1401 2 years ago

How's the CCR speaker panel decal coming? When do you plan on having that available?

#1402 2 years ago

FAQ reorganized. Options section collapsed into others; future update kit info broken out, various content updates.

#1403 2 years ago

Already a direct link in the FAQ.

Good to see you here!

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshieB:

It’s my first also, and can’t really claim to know what I’m doing. I ordered from Cointaker because I was afraid of IL sales tax (I recently drove to Indiana to purchase a grill to save like $40 on tax because I’m a cheap bastard)

Bah. Michigan charged me my local tax. You win this round JoshieB.

#1405 2 years ago

Rick while your people are quick at getting back via email, it would be wonderful if you could actually call talk to someone on the phone to get things done.

That being said, can a shaker work on a original CC with the continued software

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That being said, can a shaker work on a original CC with the continued software

That’s probably a better question for epthegeek rather than Rick but I’m going to say no.

(Shaker motors weren’t a thing in 1998/99 so I can’t imagine there is any code to support one in the original ROMs)

Also - this is not the thread for questions specific to the original game. See that link in the FAQ.

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s probably a better question for epthegeek but I’m going to say no.
(Shaker motors weren’t a thing in 1998/99 so I can’t imagine there is any code to support it in the original ROMs)
Also - this is not the thread for questions specific to the original game. See that link in the FAQ.

Just taking the opportunity to talk to Rick directly

#1408 2 years ago

Well I joined the waiting club today. Just sent Zach my deposit for an SE+ (no LEs of course). No worries that it will be a while. I have waited this long for this game so another 8 months (I am guessing) is fine especially since I waited so long to get on the list.

It would be nice if someone cancelled their Brian Allen Backglass order (hint hint) so I could get one of those but if not I will settle for the standard translite, lol. Love his work for sure.

I will absolutely be monitoring things for mods as I like the ones mentioned here already but as also stated they all look better painted and I would rather purchase them all set and ready to go.

Thx to those working to keep this thread up to date and to modding peeps for the work they do.

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well I joined the waiting club today …
I will absolutely be monitoring things for mods

Welcome!

From the folks I’ve heard from working on mods I don’t expect to see much new before mid-June to July.

#1410 2 years ago

Got the train tracks and art blades installed today. I'm very happy with both of them.

I did go ahead and paint up the tracks before installing them. Luckily, I do boardgaming and miniature wargaming on the side, so I'm pretty comfortable with a paint brush at this scale.

I have to agree with others, these art blades from Brian Allen are very high quality. They reposition pretty easily, and are made from nice material. I found them a fair bit easier to install than some other blades I've bought.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Brian Allen art blades really brighten up the game. The blue sky and bright colors lighten the game up considerably compared to the black side-panels that come stock.

20220415_123845 (resized).jpg20220415_123845 (resized).jpg20220415_123857 (resized).jpg20220415_123857 (resized).jpg20220415_123904 (resized).jpg20220415_123904 (resized).jpg

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I did go ahead and paint up the tracks before installing them. Luckily, I do boardgaming and miniature wargaming on the side, so I'm pretty comfortable with a paint brush at this scale.

Nice work on the painting!

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Got the train tracks and art blades installed today. I'm very happy with both of them.
I have to agree with others, these art blades from Brian Allen are very high quality. They reposition pretty easily, and are made from nice material. I found them a fair bit easier to install than some other blades I've bought.
Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Brian Allen art blades really brighten up the game. The blue sky and bright colors lighten the game up considerably compared to the black side-panels that come stock.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think Brian’s art blades look better than the LE art blades from CGC.

#1413 2 years ago

Anyone heard anything about when they’ll be offering the factory art blades?

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Anyone heard anything about when they’ll be offering the factory art blades?

Unless I misunderstood, those aren’t going to be available separately. If they are Planetary should have them at some point.

Tilt Graphics has a couple of options. See FAQ for links.

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Looks great! What colour paint did you choose?

Richard

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Looks great! What colour paint did you choose?
Richard

I did a dark brown for the ties, and gunmetal metallic gray for the tracks. All the wooden railroad ties that I've seen in real life, or found pictures of online, were a dark brown. So that's why I went with that color.

I spray-primed gray prior to painting, and then sealed with a matte varnish when I was done. I would have probably primed in black, but I was out of black spray primer. So I just did gray instead.

#1417 2 years ago

I need help. My machine was delivered today and box was perfectly fine. I tossed the box. My friends showed up and I started to prep. I realized that it looks like the strap down the middle may have been set too tight and displaces the board under the back piece. Not sure I can return it now. Any advice?

20220415_162123 (resized).jpg20220415_162123 (resized).jpg20220415_162239 (resized).jpg20220415_162239 (resized).jpg20220415_162249 (resized).jpg20220415_162249 (resized).jpg20220415_162919 (resized).jpg20220415_162919 (resized).jpg
#1418 2 years ago

Contact who you bought it from immediately.

And open a ticket under support on the help desk and include pictures.

It may not be seen until Monday. It's late on Friday now. If your ticket goes to me I'll alert it to George Bork.

LTG : )

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact who you bought it from immediately.
And open a ticket under support on the help desk and include pictures.
It may not be seen until Monday. It's late on Friday now. If your ticket goes to me I'll alert it to George Bork.
LTG : )

Thabks for quick response. They are closed. 6pm where they are. Guess I'll leave it as is for now.

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

I need help. My machine was delivered today and box was perfectly fine. I tossed the box. My friends showed up and I started to prep. I realized that it looks like the strap down the middle may have been set too tight and displaces the board under the back piece. Not sure I can return it now. Any advice?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks!

Looks potentially fixable with some wood glue. There aren't actually many components in yhe backbox of CGC games, most stuff is under the pf. My worry would be if the game suffered a big drop or something to cause that damage.

#1421 2 years ago

Heard from Rick. PPS will update here regarding the status of the mirrored backglass and speaker panel cover after they have updated their customers. No idea when that will be but I presume those that have ordered from PPS will know first. Please post here when you learn more.

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

Let us know how you make out!

Hope it works out.

Richard

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Welcome!
From the folks I’ve heard from working on mods I don’t expect to see much new before mid-June to July.

Looks like they're not far away...

Screenshot_20220416-164057_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220416-164057_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Looks like they're not far away...[quoted image]

Looks like it blocks the view to Bart from the players perspective. Other than that it looks great!!

#1425 2 years ago

Maybe not.

1E09B592-6260-42CB-81B6-7ECD7BB9C2D9 (resized).jpeg1E09B592-6260-42CB-81B6-7ECD7BB9C2D9 (resized).jpeg
#1426 2 years ago

The scale looks silly when it's that close to Bart.

#1427 2 years ago

I'm in the club. Better yet, the wife loves it!

20220413_134234 (resized).jpg20220413_134234 (resized).jpg
#1428 2 years ago

Thread for discussion on Cactus Canyon modifications:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-mod-thread-

What is there?
What are you making?
What would you like to see?
What are your favs?

I’ll update the Modifications of the FAQ section here as major mods are available.

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm in the club. Better yet, the wife loves it![quoted image]

Congrats Tom !!

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:Thread for discussion on Cactus Canyon modifications:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-mod-thread
What is there?
What are you making?
What would you like to see?
What are your favs?
I’ll update the Modifications of the FAQ section here as major mods are available.

I get a topic not found error on the link

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I get a topic not found error on the link

Good catch, thanks. Try now. Looks like I had cut off a character.

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The scale looks silly when it's that close to Bart.

Agreed, that's way too much imo.

#1433 2 years ago

Can anyone recommend a place to find lollipop style rails that would fit this game ? Either I'm not that smart, or I'm just searching the wrong thing .. probably the first one.

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good catch, thanks. Try now. Looks like I had cut off a character.

Perfect!

#1435 2 years ago

This is the color I'm going with for powder coating

Screenshot_20220412-143833_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220412-143833_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

[quoted image]

That was one of the colors I was looking at too. lol.

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Which install method did you use-- "dry" or "wet." It sounds like if you can reposition them fairly easily "dry" then wet method isn't necessary... What is your personal opinion? Thanks!

#1438 2 years ago

Rapidtac is the easiest way to go. Done a bunch dry and wet. And prefer the rapid tac method.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Which install method did you use-- "dry" or "wet." It sounds like if you can reposition them fairly easily "dry" then wet method isn't necessary... What is your personal opinion? Thanks!

I just put em on dry. Positioned them initially, and lightly tapped on the top just enough so they'd hold. Then I stood back and checked the positioning, before pulling them up and adjusting a few times until they were exactly where I wanted them. Then pressed down and smoothed out with a cloth.

Turned out great, and didn't take long at all to do. I've had some side blades that were super sticky and thin, and they did not pull up very easily for adjustment.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Rapidtac is the easiest way to go. Done a bunch dry and wet. And prefer the rapid tac method.

What’s up with rapid tac? I’ve never installed art blades before and “easiest way to go” seems right up my alley.

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

[quoted image]

Good color, I think the rustic looks is the way to go on this title. I went with oil rubbed bronze, now I just need the game.

6902AB2E-CD43-46E0-8486-2EF84602CB16 (resized).jpeg6902AB2E-CD43-46E0-8486-2EF84602CB16 (resized).jpegA7CEB9D9-89B5-4C3A-BD34-57AB7A90D72B (resized).jpegA7CEB9D9-89B5-4C3A-BD34-57AB7A90D72B (resized).jpegF7B304F8-D324-4413-A66B-1959DD0EC62E (resized).jpegF7B304F8-D324-4413-A66B-1959DD0EC62E (resized).jpeg
#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshieB:

What’s up with rapid tac? I’ve never installed art blades before and “easiest way to go” seems right up my alley.

Screenshot_20220416-133348_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220416-133348_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well I joined the waiting club today. Just sent Zach my deposit for an SE+ (no LEs of course). No worries that it will be a while. I have waited this long for this game so another 8 months (I am guessing) is fine especially since I waited so long to get on the list.
It would be nice if someone cancelled their Brian Allen Backglass order (hint hint) so I could get one of those but if not I will settle for the standard translite, lol. Love his work for sure.
I will absolutely be monitoring things for mods as I like the ones mentioned here already but as also stated they all look better painted and I would rather purchase them all set and ready to go.
Thx to those working to keep this thread up to date and to modding peeps for the work they do.

I missed out on the glass version but I ordered the alternate flexible translite. When I receive it I'll post pics. I'm sure it will look good in the machine. Maybe not as good as the glass though.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

btw, what did you do with the extra small CC decal that came with the art blades? Just curious for a good place for it...
Cheers,

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

We’re able to fix it?

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshieB:

It's a product to wet apply decals. You spray the contact surface of the decal with liberal amounts of rapid tac (or soap+water mix) before placing your decal or art blades. The wet application allows you to reposition the decal w/o it sticking firmly, then when in place, you wipe/squeegee the decal from the center to the edges to push out all the juice/water and leave it to dry and done!

the 'wet method' is more forgiving for placing large decals like art blades or cabinet decals.

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I just put em on dry. Positioned them initially, and lightly tapped on the top just enough so they'd hold. Then I stood back and checked the positioning, before pulling them up and adjusting a few times until they were exactly where I wanted them. Then pressed down and smoothed out with a cloth.

Great! -- Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Good color, I think the rustic looks is the way to go on this title. I went with oil rubbed bronze, now I just need the game.

I'm thinking of going the powdercoat route myself but haven't settled on color yet... Both the "rust bucket" color and your are definitely contenders.

#1449 2 years ago

While it might be a stupid question -- If I plan on purchasing a replacement set of siderails, lockdown bar and legs for purposes of custom powdercoating, will I also need to buy the plastic/rubber playfield glass channels that sit directly within the siderail? I don't believe those come with the siderails but wasn't sure and I'm unsure whether the originals can be reused or not. Also, if I'm planning this avenue should I buy "raw" unfinished siderails or purchase the ones that already have a stainless finish. Many thanks for the information.

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

While it might be a stupid question -- If I plan on purchasing a replacement set of siderails, lockdown bar and legs for purposes of custom powdercoating, will I also need to buy the plastic/rubber playfield glass channels that sit directly within the siderail? I don't believe those come with the siderails but wasn't sure and I'm unsure whether the originals can be reused or not. Also, if I'm planning this avenue should I buy "raw" unfinished siderails or purchase the ones that already have a stainless finish. Many thanks for the information.

No, those attach to the cabinet. The only thing I ever buy are lollipop rails because I use my hardware installed on the game to PC not buy all new. Raw is fine if you intend to PC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.