(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 309.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Only number I saw on the box or game was the serial #. All of them said 1446 on mine. No extra zeros or anything, but sometimes it was listed with a CC on front. The mfg date on the back of mine was Mar 31st.
I found a serial # on the box, on the back of the game with the mfg date, and also on the back of the bill-acceptor cutout plate. Never seen one located there before, noticed it when I installed the DBA today. If there were any numbers anywhere else, I didn't notice them.
Here's the cutout plate. Game isn't with me, so can't get any other pics.[quoted image]

Looks like I can give mine any serial # I desire with my Brother labelmaker!

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Here's the cutout plate.

Imagine if someone had a little fun in the factory and switched a bunch of the door cutout plates on April 1st …

#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have their game:
What is the format of the serial number on the back? A pic would help too.
Is there a similar sticker on the inside of the cabinet?
The numbers on the shipping carton have been in the format 1xxx - I’m guessing that’s only a partial number?
Also - is that carton number less than 1251 for anyone so far?
Anyone have a mfg date earlier than February 24, 2022?
Thanks!

1379 checking in w/March 19th manufacturing date.
F8FD1589-36B0-41CD-96BB-27D8CFCEBCFB (resized).jpegF8FD1589-36B0-41CD-96BB-27D8CFCEBCFB (resized).jpeg

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

1379 checking in.

Manufacturing date?

#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRestore:

Looks like I can give mine any serial # I desire with my Brother labelmaker!

They also usually have a official Chicago Gaming label on the back with the serial number and build date.

#1356 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Manufacturing date?

Sorry I edited my post…Manufacturing date March 19 2022

#1357 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Manufacturing date March 19 2022

Interesting, built on a Saturday.

#1358 2 years ago

I’ve started a spreadsheet with mfg dates and serial numbers. Not tracking any other info except maybe model.
Would appreciate owners posting that info here or send to me via PM.

I’ll add an entry to the FAQ when I have a bit more data and extrapolation on production rates.

#1359 2 years ago

CC 1262 here with a manufacturer date of February 10th

#1362 2 years ago
IMG_20220331_145150671 (resized).jpgIMG_20220331_145150671 (resized).jpg
#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Here are some pics of my side art install. Looks really nice on the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look awesome. That's the same ones I bought for my CC pin from Brian Allen for when my pin finally comes in (no hurry) I have his translites for MM, AFM, and MB and I just bought the side art panels for MM and MB. There are other ones out there, but his artwork really stands out and pops and is endorsed by Williams.

#1364 2 years ago

I'm on the fence about ordering the CGC shaker for CCr. Has anyone added a shaker to their CCr? Anyone have any insight to sway my decision?

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

I'm on the fence about ordering the CGC shaker for CCr. Has anyone added a shaker to their CCr? Anyone have any insight to sway my decision?

I got my shaker from Pinball Pro for about $170 shipped and I would recommend getting it. I have my setting on maximum use and it enhances the game for sure.

#1366 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

From what I experienced at TPF the shaker motor was very well integrated, especially for gunshot effects.
I’m not a fan of shakers in general - I think they are gimmicky - but I would absolutely put one in an SE.

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

$149. at Pinball Life and worth every penny if you enjoy shaker motors in pins.
Insanely quick and easy install. Settings at “strong”. Zero regrets.

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

$149. at Pinball Life and worth every penny if you enjoy shaker motors in pins.
Insanely quick and easy install. Settings at “strong”. Zero regrets.

Thanks all. I already had a couple of silicon leg leveler casters in the cart at Pinball Life. Was just getting a sense of...do I just add in the shaker since I want to combine shipping costs. Done deal.

Mods purchased to date: Train track(Ulekstore), Saloon door (Shapeaways), trainstation (shapeways), Shaker (Pinball Life), Alt translite (Brian Allen - Flyland Designs), Side art (Brian Allen - Flyland Designs).

#1369 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice! Looks like I'll be officially joining the club any day now.

#1370 2 years ago

Can you get lollipop style rails for these games ??

#1371 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Just paid my invoice! Looks like I'll be officially joining the club any day now.

Sweeeeeeet!

Richard

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

You’re already in the club!

#1373 2 years ago

I've moved on .... my spot went to #jasperperk, the upside is he lives close so will still get to play it !
another game popped up and as I have limited space it has gone to a great home.

still following this thread ... and cant wait for Richard to get his game and #jasperperk to get his LE

best of luck to all for speedy delivery of your games !

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Butch has confirmed that the physical parameters of the remake playfield are identical. And there is clearly no room under the playfield for coils like on the whitewood so any implementation of saloon doors is going to need a different design.

There is probably plenty of room to do a mech(s) for saloon doors. But using a confined space makes it less "easy" to accomplish...i.e. more expensive.

I've never seen either the whitewood or the underside of a playfield close up so I'm not sure how they might plan to do it, if at all. But one could possibly implement it with very small motors to operate the doors from above the playfield...or using magnetic coil mechs.

Again just a guess as I have no idea, from the pics, as to how much actual working space there is in the existing assembly.

Robert

#1375 2 years ago

Has anyone had problems in Gunfight mode. My Cactus Canyon SE worked flawlessly for about 25 games. Now in Gunfight mode it drops the ball off of pin above flipper in the in lane after ready set but before draw and returns to normal play. Other than this problem Game plays great. Have talked to CGC but slow and frustrating. Anyone else have this problem. Early build #1339 maybe should have waited.

#1376 2 years ago

Is the stand up target dropping down immediately causing mode to end?

#1377 2 years ago

Is this actually a magnet?

Robert

#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Is this actually a magnet?
Robert

No, it's an up post.

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from EWLMONTGOMERY:

Has anyone had problems in Gunfight mode. My Cactus Canyon SE worked flawlessly for about 25 games. Now in Gunfight mode it drops the ball off of pin above flipper in the in lane after ready set but before draw and returns to normal play. Other than this problem Game plays great. Have talked to CGC but slow and frustrating. Anyone else have this problem. Early build #1339 maybe should have waited.

Is a drop target staying up? It's likely the drop target is not staying up and being registered as a hit... thus ending the mode. test your drop targets and see if they stay in the up position. One probably isn't.

#1380 2 years ago

I'm trying to find a photo of the underside of the new droptarget mech. Tried digging up Butch's presentation that showed the schematic, but can't access the entire prez video. Hypothetically for entertainment reasons, I'm thinking that the mini coil used under the mech could serve as a drive to open/close saloon doors.... that or some 21 century servo or stepper motor. Living in a dream world here thinking of how awesome saloon doors would be if rumors prevail.

#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, it's an up post.

Thanks, I haven't played a CC for many years...can't get by an up post .

Robert

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Is a drop target staying up? It's likely the drop target is not staying up and being registered as a hit... thus ending the mode. test your drop targets and see if they stay in the up position. One probably isn't.

I had to put a less aggressive spring on one target for this reason.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I had to put a less aggressive spring on one target for this reason.

For our case, which I posted about this earlier... just bending the tab on the reset downward just slightly solved our problem. Target was being pushed so far it would move around too much when reset to up position that it just skipped/bounced over the target lip. It didn't just stay parallel to the bracket after clearly the lip.

#1384 2 years ago

the targets all work fine in every other mode. they also cycle up and down in gunfight mode working fine just when ball is released the game goes back to normal play. The ball is released 2 counts into count down not 4. the up target to shoot at drops away but works in quick draw mode and bad guy.

#1385 2 years ago

the targets all work fine in every other mode. they also cycle up and down in gunfight mode working fine just when ball is released the game goes back to normal play. The ball is released 2 counts into count down not 4. the up target to shoot at drops away but works in quick draw mode and bad guy.

Does this happen on both sides?

#1386 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I've moved on .... my spot went to #jasperperk, the upside is he lives close so will still get to play it !
another game popped up and as I have limited space it has gone to a great home.
still following this thread ... and cant wait for Richard to get his game and #jasperperk to get his LE
best of luck to all for speedy delivery of your games !

Hey thanks for letting me take over your spot. I shouldn't have hesitated in the first place and been in for a LE since day 1.
So now do I say 2023 or is it still you?

#1387 2 years ago

it happens on both sides of in lanes

#1388 2 years ago

Do not rely on game play testing - use the diagnostics in the game and cycle the targets to see their consistency.

#1389 2 years ago

After many days/weeks of checking my email like a crazy person, finally got that invoice! (Ordered Early Nov) AND email from Brian Allen that the backglass is in the next batch getting made. Good day for the inbox

#1390 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshieB:

After many days/weeks of checking my email like a crazy person, finally got that invoice! (Ordered Early Nov) AND email from Brian Allen that the backglass is in the next batch getting made. Good day for the inbox

Great news!

Hope
You enjoy it!

Richard

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshieB:

That will be 2 in Chicago land. Can you share who you ordered from? This will be my first machine and just called around, but open to local suggestions for next time. (after Weird Al and Heist show up in February).

#1392 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

That will be 2 in Chicago land. Can you share who you ordered from? This will be my first machine and just called around, but open to local suggestions for next time. (after Weird Al and Heist show up in February).

It’s my first also, and can’t really claim to know what I’m doing. I ordered from Cointaker because I was afraid of IL sales tax (I recently drove to Indiana to purchase a grill to save like $40 on tax because I’m a cheap bastard)

#1393 2 years ago

Were can I buy a shaker that’s compatible with Cactus Canyon remake

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Pinball Life carries them - as mentioned in post #1367 - I believe there are a handful of other outlets too. Google searching 'cactus canyon remake shaker' yields more options.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/28#post-6881704

jfh - can this be added to the FAQ's under Mods please?

#1395 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

From the FAQ:

The official Chicago Gaming shaker motor is available from Planetary Piinball or Pinball Life. Your distributor may also be able to install one for you.

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Pinball Life carries them - as mentioned in post #1367 - I believe there are a handful of other outlets too. Google searching 'cactus canyon remake shaker' yields more options.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/28#post-6881704
jfh - can this be added to the FAQ's under Mods please?

It’s in the FAQ but will put a specific purchase entry under Modifications.

#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s in the FAQ but will put a specific purchase entry under Modifications.

I saw the one on pinball life but ccr wasn’t listed just the other remakes I wanted to be sure before I ordered one

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I saw the one on pinball life but ccr wasn’t listed just the other remakes I wanted to be sure before I ordered one

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-assembly-for-chicago-gaming.html

This is the one I ordered and it works perfectly.

#1399 2 years ago

Shaker motor info in FAQ has been updated and purchase links added.
Install info moved to modification section.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/28?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.