(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 308.
#1301 2 years ago

Two things-- can the FAQ be made a key topic so it shows at the top? Most folks don't go to the first page, but the newest page and will miss it.

Second-- Upgrade kit: Pinball show podcast mentioned they may be coming "soon" and it is a kit not just a software upgrade rom chip. There was previous speculation of saloon doors. I personally would not be doing much in the way of modding that area if they may include some sort of hardware along with the Lyman/Josh code.

#1302 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Two things-- can the FAQ be made a key topic so it shows at the top? Most folks don't go to the first page, but the newest page and will miss it.
Second-- Upgrade kit: Pinball show podcast mentioned they may be coming "soon" and it is a kit not just a software upgrade rom chip. There was previous speculation of saloon doors. I personally would not be doing much in the way of modding that area if they may include some sort of hardware along with the Lyman/Josh code.

There's a lot of speculation about the upgrade kit, as you mentioned. Zach in the podcast mentioned the "mod that didn't make it in the original CC" which is the saloon doors alright. However, being CGC this can take a very long time, even if the "insiders" are calling it to be soon. Anyway, the 3d printed saloon door mod on sale right now is pretty cheap, looks very nice in the pin and works as a teaser on how cool that would look if CGC really makes it part of the kit.
Cheers!

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I second the suggestion for FAQ as Key Topic - it should lower the number of posts "look at the FAQ"

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

I second the suggestion for FAQ as Key Topic - it should lower the number of posts "look at the FAQ"

Done. First time I have keyed a first post in a thread

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Upgrade kit: Pinball show podcast mentioned they may be coming "soon" and it is a kit not just a software upgrade rom chip. There was previous speculation of saloon doors. I personally would not be doing much in the way of modding that area if they may include some sort of hardware along with the Lyman/Josh code.

As for saloon doors- those in a hurry haven’t been paying attention. My mother always said “Good things come to those who wait”.
I’m waiting

#1306 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Done. First time I have keyed a first post in a thread

Cool. It looks like the first post has been keyed but I can’t see the list of keyed posts. Can anyone else?

#1307 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Cool. It looks like the first post has been keyed but I can’t see the list of keyed posts. Can anyone else?

I noticed the same thing. Do multiple key posts need to be made in order to have the index appear?

#1308 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I noticed the same thing. Do multiple key posts need to be made in order to have the index appear?

I'm seeing the same, no index. Any nominees for another key post so I can verify if I key another the index will appear?

#1309 2 years ago

I'm seeing the same, no index. Any nominees for another key post so I can verify if I key another the index will appear?

Found that you do need multiple key posts for an index. Hang on, I’ll get you a recommendation in a minute.

#1310 2 years ago

In the past I was only frustrated with not knowing how long my money was tied up (and not buying other pins), but now I am actually pretty bummed out, I ordered with my distributor hours after announced, I am just kicking myself that I could have owned this machine a month ago had I not pre-ordered (several have been for sale that were not assigned to people). There seems to be no logic on which distributor gets what first or in what order. (mine has only received two machines and this was some time ago). It has gotten to instead of coming here daily for check-in's today I had 227 new posts. Sorry for the rant, but this though others might not agree is getting silly. So now I am just distancing myself from the excitement, to avoid feeling this way, and it will just be a when it gets here apathic attitude.

#1311 2 years ago

How about
766 - Chicago Gaming Company presentation on Completing Cactus Canyon
836 - Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode

#1312 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

In the past I was only frustrated with not knowing how long my money was tied up (and not buying other pins), but now I am actually pretty bummed out, I ordered with my distributor hours after announced, I am just kicking myself that I could have owned this machine a month ago had I not pre-ordered (several have been for sale that were not assigned to people). There seems to be no logic on which distributor gets what first or in what order. (mine has only received two machines and this was some time ago). It has gotten to instead of coming here daily for check-in's today I had 227 new posts. Sorry for the rant, but this though others might not agree is getting silly. So now I am just distancing myself from the excitement, to avoid feeling this way, and it will just be a when it gets here apathic attitude.

I feel your pain my friend. I put down a second refundable deposit with another distributor that tells me I'm first in line when they get another batch. Now, the 2 distributors can "race" to get my business. Lol. And yes, they both are aware, in not being deceptive with either one.

#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I feel your pain my friend. I put down a second refundable deposit with another distributor that tells me I'm first in line when they get another batch. Now, the 2 distributors can "race" to get my business. Lol. And yes, they both are aware, in not being deceptive with either one.

We are getting our games soon I can feel it!

#1314 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I suspect so

#1315 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How about
766 - Chicago Gaming Company presentation on Completing Cactus Canyon
836 - Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode

Ask and you shall receive

#1316 2 years ago

My main reason for even having one of these was when Hemispheres posted they had one available immediately. I was going to take the wait and see approach on purchasing. When I decided I wanted Godzilla, I called around and was told various different date ranges for pro and premium models. Then I found a dealer with pro in stock. Easy buy and play situation that way. I would recommend not putting all your eggs in one dealer basket these days. You just never know if they will have a ton of orders for one model or the other.

#1317 2 years ago

Look at the bright side - we will get our games this year.

There are people who ordered Stern games early last year that won’t be able to say the same.

Any disappointment you feel now will disappear the second you see your game get delivered.

Right now, there are two types of owners in this thread - the “haves” and the “have nots” and everyone is rooting for both groups to enjoy their games!

#1318 2 years ago

Ask and you shall receive

Can you get Richard his game?

#1319 2 years ago

I have a question (and yes I checked the FAQ). Maybe this is more of a general remake question.

Will the game audio(music, sound effects, callouts) have improved fidelity and perhaps stereo imaging compared with the original audio samples? (aside from any speaker hardware upgrade)

#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Look at the bright side - we will get our games this year.
There are people who ordered Stern games early last year that won’t be able to say the same.
Any disappointment you feel now will disappear the second you see your game get delivered.
Right now, there are two types of owners in this thread - the “haves” and the “have nots” and everyone is rooting for both groups to enjoy their games!

Yes, try to stay positive. If it makes anyone feel better, I waited over a year to get my Alien machine and it was tough. Just keep busy and enjoy what you have until you get that "final payment for delivery" email!

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Right after Richard gets his game, then you guys get yours

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

What an emotional rollercoaster of purchasing my first pin. Fedex was set to deliver this morning. I never received a called, so inquired this afternoon. Fedex has LOST the pallet, and is now calling their other docks.

Update on my lost CCr.

Fedex located the pallet. Although they thought it made it to Chicago land, it never left Grand Rapids (Game Room Guys). They hope to deliver Friday or Monday.

#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Right after Richard gets his game, then you guys get yours

No sir, not feeling ya on that one my man.

#1324 2 years ago

Game Room Guys sent me an email last week to let me know expected delivery of my CCr SE+ is delayed from April until August. I am pretty sure the toppers are causing the delay for SE+ and LE models.

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Game Room Guys sent me an email last week to let me know expected delivery of my CCr SE+ is delayed from April until August. I am pretty sure the toppers are causing the delay for SE+ and LE models.

The original plan was for CGC to make 500 SEs, than do the 1250 LEs, than do the 1250 SE+, and finish off with the remaining SE orders. They did say recently that this plan might change though as it's pretty trivial for them to switch between editions.

Where we stand now is that CGC appears to be currently sitting at around 200 SEs shipped and at full capacity, without any other shortages, it's expected that they can put out 70 games a week.

They are just behind in general.

There have been many shortages and they have spent some extra time improving issues they witnessed at Expo and Pintastic.

I don't think this being pushed back really has anything to do with the toppers.

#1326 2 years ago

Didn’t see it in the FAQ so apologies if I missed it but is anyone planning on making interactive saloon doors? Believe the little static saloon sign is all that’s available.

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t see it in the FAQ so apologies if I missed it but is anyone planning on making interactive saloon doors? Believe the little static saloon sign is all that’s available.

We don't know what the upgrade kit entails yet. Many are hopeful for some sort of playfield feature being included. Some think it will be something like you mentioned regarding a prototype component that was cut preproduction. Up in the air until an announcement or leak.

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

At one point, Josh Sharpe kind of hinted at Saloon Doors being a part of the physical hardware component of the Lyman update.

It hasn't officially been confirmed yet but would fall in line with their intentions of completing the game the way the original designers would've intended, as the doors existed on some early whitewoods.

#1329 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

We don't know what the upgrade kit entails yet. Many are hopeful for some sort of playfield feature being included. Some think it will be something like you mentioned regarding a prototype component that was cut preproduction. Up in the air until an announcement or leak.

Any evidence on your SE that there is room for a physical addition to that area?

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any evidence on your SE that there is room for a physical addition to that area?

We have seen pictures and the games dont have the routing under the PF that the prototypes had.

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

The only way you would have seen an SE+ in April would have required CGC running the line at planned production levels starting in November. That did not happen.

Parts supply issues for the toppers was the reason given for the initial SE run but that wasn’t why the entire schedule slid three months.

I agree with what explosiveegg posted.

#1332 2 years ago

As you can see in this pic, the routing for doors is totally different.

319539-i (resized).jpg319539-i (resized).jpg
#1333 2 years ago

Didn't someone add saloon doors recently with the standard playfield? Certainly better if you can do it that way than routing new playfields.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

As you can see in this pic, the routing for doors is totally different.[quoted image]

#1334 2 years ago

As you can see in this pic, the routing for doors is totally different.[quoted image]

Is it possible they found a new approach to adding saloon doors that didn’t rely on the original routing? Honest question. I don’t know enough about the design and engineering to know if it is possible.

#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Didn't someone add saloon doors recently with the standard playfield? Certainly better if you can do it that way than routing new playfields.

Yes. However they dont work like the original design. Here is a pic of the underside.

319545-i (resized).jpg319545-i (resized).jpg
#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Is it possible they found a new approach to adding saloon doors that didn’t rely on the original routing? Honest question. I don’t know enough about the design and engineering to know if it is possible.

That is the hope!

#1337 2 years ago

Butch has confirmed that the physical parameters of the remake playfield are identical. And there is clearly no room under the playfield for coils like on the whitewood so any implementation of saloon doors is going to need a different design.

I think the main playfield circuit board gives us a few clues since it’s reasonable to assume the kit’s hardware will affect game play in some way that static saloon doors wouldn’t.

#1338 2 years ago

It really no wonder CC never sold. It kind of like the attitude was “ let’s just abandon this POS and see how many suckers will buy a incomplete pin with unfinished code and get on with the next order of business”.

#1339 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Parts supply issues for the toppers was the reason given for the initial SE run but that wasn’t why the entire schedule slid three months.
I agree with what explosiveegg posted.

So you think there is a pile of toppers in a warehouse somewhere? Lol

At least I got to play these at Pinbrew last week at the Cointaker booth. They got a topper.

49599CCD-1C36-454C-B6F9-C816F58573C3.jpeg49599CCD-1C36-454C-B6F9-C816F58573C3.jpeg79D2AE22-26E6-48EF-AC6E-6BB1A6F6BD8E.jpeg79D2AE22-26E6-48EF-AC6E-6BB1A6F6BD8E.jpegD3C99D1A-75F5-473F-B523-C3D94839D70F.jpegD3C99D1A-75F5-473F-B523-C3D94839D70F.jpeg
#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It really no wonder CC never sold. It kind of like the attitude was “ let’s just abandon this POS and see how many suckers will buy a incomplete pin with unfinished code and get on with the next order of business”.

Well, considering that the next order of business was Pinball 2000 and the planned timeline and resources for Cactus Canyon were cut because of it, I’d say that makes perfect sense.

#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

So you think there is a pile of toppers in a warehouse somewhere? Lol
At least I got to play these at Pinbrew last week at the Cointaker booth. They got a topper.

Umm, why would there be a pile of toppers in a warehouse? The subassemblies are built separately and there is no reason to build 1500-2000+ toppers before anything else is done.

The games and toppers brought to Pinbrew and other shows are not production models.

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Umm, why would there be a pile of toppers in a warehouse? The subassemblies are built separately and there is no reason to build 1500-2000+ toppers before anything else is done.
The games and toppers brought to Pinbrew and other shows are not production models.

I was joking.

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I feel like its similar to MB. Hit a bunch of shots multiple times to activate it, then hit shots to complete it. I find MM and AFM more of a one trick pony where you just hit the castle/UFO over and over for big points. Though I would put my vote for AFM as the best of the four CGC remakes. It's definitely not a Godzilla type of game that's a bit more difficult or a drain monster like BK3 can be sometimes.

Have you ever light up a blue light on MM or AFM?

#1344 2 years ago

Here are some pics of my side art install. Looks really nice on the game.

20220411_194043 (resized).jpg20220411_194043 (resized).jpg20220411_194057 (resized).jpg20220411_194057 (resized).jpg20220411_194115 (resized).jpg20220411_194115 (resized).jpg
#1345 2 years ago

In the future, when joking or being cynical in a comment, please add something like "lol" after your comment to avoid confusion.

oh....... I see you did that.

Also - check the FAQ first!!

#1346 2 years ago

Cactus Canyon #1446 is setup and ready for play at The Pinball Room in Sioux Falls!

No issues out of the box, working well and hella fun. I've only ever played the digital version of this game, so it's neat to finally play the real thing. The Bart sculpt and paintjob is really nice. It's so nice, I almost feel bad smashing a ball into it!

20220413_144009 (resized).jpg20220413_144009 (resized).jpg
#1347 2 years ago

I asked this question elsewhere but would anyone who had a original CC with CCC installed sell or trade it for a remake? I have a original but I sure do like the Remake.

#1348 2 years ago

For those that have their game:

What is the format of the serial number on the back? A pic would help too.
Is there a similar sticker on the inside of the cabinet?

The numbers on the shipping carton have been in the format 1xxx - I’m guessing that’s only a partial number?
Also - is that carton number less than 1251 for anyone so far?

Anyone have a mfg date earlier than February 24, 2022?

Thanks!

#1349 2 years ago

CGC upgrade kit.

010AB581-0FB8-4AAE-BFB3-0812A879BB07 (resized).jpeg010AB581-0FB8-4AAE-BFB3-0812A879BB07 (resized).jpeg
#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have their game:
What is the format of the serial number on the back? A pic would help too.
Is there a similar sticker on the inside of the cabinet?
The numbers on the shipping carton have been in the format 1xxx - I’m guessing that’s only a partial number?
Also - is that carton number less than 1251 for anyone so far?
Anyone have a mfg date earlier than February 24, 2022?
Thanks!

Only number I saw on the box or game was the serial #. All of them said 1446 on mine. No extra zeros or anything, but sometimes it was listed with a CC on front. The mfg date on the back of mine was Mar 31st.

I found a serial # on the box, on the back of the game with the mfg date, and also on the back of the bill-acceptor cutout plate. Never seen one located there before, noticed it when I installed the DBA today. If there were any numbers anywhere else, I didn't notice them.

Here's the cutout plate. Game isn't with me, so can't get any other pics.

20220413_180238 (resized).jpg20220413_180238 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/27?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.