(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 309.
#12551 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean the Lyman update ? Yes. Josh posted this a month ago :
"Since the unfortunate passing of Lyman the only work that has been done the last 15 months was the putting together of the "to-do list" of what's left to finish the upgrade. The number of people that have been working full time on design, software, graphics and audio has been . . . ZERO.
Everyone on the CGC side was already set with their 2022 plans (Pulp Fiction development among other things). It was on Lyman and myself to pull this through in 2022 and that of course didn't happen.
Now that CGC is through most of that other 2022 work, I'm hopeful that there will be some serious progress made during this year because resources should finally be available.
For the record, there is already a ton of upgraded content that is in the game. IMO there's already enough upgraded content that I feel confident we could ship what's in my game today and people would absolutely enjoy it.
However, I'm not interested in doing 'good enough' on this project, especially regarding the circumstances surrounding it. I owe it Lyman and I owe it to myself to finish off the totality of our complete vision for the game, and that's what I intend on doing regardless of how long it takes to get it done. "
LTG : )

Wow now that is what you call a response to a question wow I love it. Thanks so much for letting me and everyone know you’re still going forward no matter what. It’s such a wonderful and beautiful game looking forward to this.

#12552 11 months ago

I tried and tried to get the ball to hang on the right side of bart.
No success.

Here is a pictire of my game for reference:
bart mech close up (resized).jpgbart mech close up (resized).jpg

the ball always rolls either down into the mech, or off to the side and into the lane, or back behind the mech.

#12553 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

"Since the unfortunate passing of Lyman the only work that has been done the last 15 months was the putting together of the "to-do list" of what's left to finish the upgrade. The number of people that have been working full time on design, software, graphics and audio has been . . . ZERO.
Everyone on the CGC side was already set with their 2022 plans (Pulp Fiction development among other things). It was on Lyman and myself to pull this through in 2022 and that of course didn't happen.
Now that CGC is through most of that other 2022 work, I'm hopeful that there will be some serious progress made during this year because resources should finally be available.
For the record, there is already a ton of upgraded content that is in the game. IMO there's already enough upgraded content that I feel confident we could ship what's in my game today and people would absolutely enjoy it.
However, I'm not interested in doing 'good enough' on this project, especially regarding the circumstances surrounding it. I owe it Lyman and I owe it to myself to finish off the totality of our complete vision for the game, and that's what I intend on doing regardless of how long it takes to get it done. "

I think this is awesome that this is out there and will be done and in our hands at some point. I commend your efforts and thoughts on Lyman. Worth the wait make it how you envision and god speed

#12554 11 months ago

I just sent CGC another reply on my CCr ticket. I have not heard one peep back from them. Ticket started on April 11th.

It's damn near impossible to get the lockdown bar back over the cabinet. And, glass falls out of guide channels.

Incredibly frustrating.

#12555 11 months ago

162 games played:

No real dimples on the playfield, but I addressed air balls thru flipper adjustments.

Some VERY light scuffing to the clear coat in the sheriff and just below the high noon insert.

This is to be expected. I waxed the playfield "just now", paying attention to the area, buffed it a bit by hand and the scuffing is EASILY covered by wax at this point.

Some ball tracking on the lower part of the river ramp as well as the shooter lane ramp.
No noticeable wear to the "spin-out" area.

Some residual "white" dust from the game being brand new (mostly wood dust from the factory). Easily blown off with the electro-duster:
https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Powerful-Electronic-Environmentally-Friendly/dp/B01FWSYOME/ref=sr_1_6

or

https://www.amazon.com/XPOWER-Inflating-Detailing-Performance-Eco-Friendly/dp/B00SI67YRU/ref=sr_1_8

The cabinet is super clean but I vacuumed it out any way. Nothing was found in the shop-vac.

No wear to the ramp flaps.

The ball tracks on the plastic ramps were EASILY covered with a coat of wax and are hardly notieable.

The balls still look new, but we will see how they look at 350 plays.

My audits:

average ball time = 78 seconds
average game time = 4 min 11 seconds.

Left and right outlane drains were within 6 of each other. A VERY well balanced playfield. No need for horizontal adjustment.

The game is challenging, FUN and rewarding!

It plays PERFECTLY other than maybe a ball hang on the upper sling once in awhile. Im hoping it will break in, otherwise Ill replace the black rubber with a white one (should have been white from the factory like on WOZ).

WAX YOUR GAMES PEOPLE.... It will really matter down the road.

After waxing the game played FASTER than new, but tamed down after 10 games.

#12556 11 months ago
Quoted from binary01:

I kept getting a ball stuck in the same spot too. A ball search would clear it, but it was becoming annoying. I added a rubber nub and haven't had the problem since.
[quoted image]

What a coincidence. Before I read you post today, I did almost the same exact thing. Hopefully it'll stay working.

There does seem to be a large nub on the left side of Bart. That same one on the right would probably have been a good idea.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12557 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

What a coincidence. Before I read you post today, I did almost the same exact thing. Hopefully it'll stay working.
There does seem to be a large nub on the left side of Bart. That same one on the right would probably have been a good idea.[quoted image]

Your right side metal on Bart looks bent down.
Mine is perfectly flat.

I tried 30 times to get a ball to hang there. It just wont do it.

My playfield pitch is 7 degrees and the game plays really well there.

#12558 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

I just sent CGC another reply on my CCr ticket. I have not heard one peep back from them. Ticket started on April 11th.

It's damn near impossible to get the lockdown bar back over the cabinet. And, glass falls out of guide channels.

Incredibly frustrating.

This is really disappointing to hear. I hope they get you fixed up!

#12559 11 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This is really disappointing to hear. I hope they get you fixed up!

I am still waiting 10 months for response on my leg cutting into decal ticket so it may be awhile. I'm not worried Chicago always makes it right and does make a huge effort to build quality. But response timing is not the best.

#12560 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mine is perfectly flat.

There are times when Bart would be slightly to the right, just enough to trap the ball between it and the vertical edge of the ball guide. My game is level with a 6.5 degree pitch.

#12561 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mine is perfectly flat.

I think it’s flat. Maybe an optical illusion.

#12562 11 months ago
Quoted from pugface:

That red LED will go on and shut things down if communications are messing up in the system. If you don't get an error on the display, then probably outside the main CPU->playfield connection. Check the cable to the solenoid board and/or topper. Or test with topper unplugged

Thanks. I will try it

#12563 11 months ago
Quoted from binary01:

There are times when Bart would be slightly to the right, just enough to trap the ball between it and the vertical edge of the ball guide. My game is level with a 6.5 degree pitch.

Maybe adjust to 7 degrees.

The game didnt play right at 6.5 degrees, the ball would lose momentum and I had a difficult time adjusting the flipper power.

Moving the pitch to 7 degrees solved very many play related problems and air-balls.

#12564 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

I think it’s flat. Maybe an optical illusion.

Its possible.

Is your game set to 7 degrees pitch?

#12565 11 months ago

A new Mod is ready for your review and purchase.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1510-creekside-hideaway-llc/08637-bally-pinball-custom-logo

Price: $25
If you want something else reach out to me and I will consider offering it as well.

Custom Logo1 (resized).jpgCustom Logo1 (resized).jpgCustom Logo2 (resized).jpgCustom Logo2 (resized).jpg
#12566 11 months ago

Have any of these shipped in the past two or three weeks? It seems like they got to about #615 and hit a stop.

How can anyone think they are going to see a PF delivered to them this year? Stern will release 4 more new titles before the Bad Mother Flipper gets out the door.

#12567 11 months ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

How can anyone think they are going to see a PF delivered to them this year?

If production starts third quarter as planned, a lot of people will get them this year.

#12568 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

If production starts third quarter as planned, a lot of people will get them this year.

The third quarter of 2023 begins in 31 days and ends in about 120 days. CGC has not finished making even one half of the CCr LEs. If a lot of people get a PF this year, it can only mean that a lot of us are not getting our CCr LEs this year.

This is not an attack on CGC. As we all know, they put quality first and build the best games out there. But I think we should keep it real, especially for people who order a CGC as their first pin. That was me when I ordered my CCr well over a year ago. Fortunately, I have been able to purchase and receive some machines from other manufacturers in the meantime.

#12569 11 months ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

The third quarter of 2023 begins in 31 days and ends in about 120 days. CGC has not finished making even one half of the CCr LEs. If a lot of people get a PF this year, it can only mean that a lot of us are not getting our CCr LEs this year.

A big part of this is if they get the second line going and hire more workers.

#12570 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

IF and AS PLANNED...

#12571 10 months ago

A big part of this is if they get the second line going and hire more workers.

Already happened.

#12572 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

IF and AS PLANNED...

Nice.

In the future I'll stay out of what I know is going on.

#12573 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the future I'll stay out of what I know is going on

Nothing personal...
CGC builds great product! Just has a hard time staying on track with the builds, and lately customer service seems to be lacking.
Hope they get it together.

#12574 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

and lately customer service seems to be lacking.

This is definitely concerning. In the past I had an issue with my MMr. CGC replied to my ticket right away and after going back an forth a few times sent me the part need to fix the issue. This all happened in under a week. The reports here of people being ghosted seriously gives me pause on future CGC purchases.

#12575 10 months ago

Who has the best price on those magnetic speaker panels for CCrLE and a matching one for AFMrLE? I see them on eBay for $75 each, but don’t know if there was a better/cheaper option? It seems like several people have them, so I wanted to check before pulling the trigger.
Thanks!
RPO

#12576 10 months ago
Quoted from Ready_player_one:

Who has the best price on those magnetic speaker panels for CCrLE and a matching one for AFMrLE? I see them on eBay for $75 each, but don’t know if there was a better/cheaper option? It seems like several people have them, so I wanted to check before pulling the trigger.
Thanks!
RPO

https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/cactus-canyon-remake-pinball-magnetic-wizpanels

Cheaper ordering direct as you get free shipping and no tax.

#12577 10 months ago

One of the art blades on my new LE was not applied properly, and though I made it look better it is still not as smooth as it should/could be.

I sent a ticket in this afternoon and received a response from CGC 32 minutes later. They are sending me a new art blade.

It sounds like some people have not been helped as quickly as they should have, but for me (today), the service exceeded any other pinball company I've ever dealt with (which is all of them).

Granted, sending out a new art blade is relatively easy. But still, based on some of the chatter on here, I was half-expecting to be ghosted. So I was pleasantly surprised and wanted to share my positive experience.

#12578 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Amen to that. Lyman was the best ever. Good enough isn’t Lyman. Legacy

#12579 10 months ago

Haven't see you around in a bit Ice. How are you enjoying your CCLE?

#12580 10 months ago

Haven't see you around in a bit Ice. How are you enjoying your CCLE?

I love it now as is. Still like to see it finished off with the Lyman and Josh plan.

If it never happened. Still great for me

#12581 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love it now as is. Still like to see it finished off with the Lyman and Josh plan.

If it never happened. Still great for me

Agree 100%

#12582 10 months ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

CGC has not finished making even one half of the CCr LEs. If a lot of people get a PF this year, it can only mean that a lot of us are not getting our CCr LEs this year.

And don't forget that there are still around 1250 SE+ pins that need to be made after the LE's

#12583 10 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Incredibly frustrating.

Have you checked your “Junk” folder? At this point I’d be making daily phone calls.

#12584 10 months ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

And don't forget that there are still around 1250 SE+ pins that need to be made after the LE's

I doubt they sold that many and my distributor has LE’s in stock. I called on Friday and asked and ordered, paid and shipped same day. Why get a SE+ when LE’s are available?

#12585 10 months ago

Wizmods. Took a while to ship here, but they're premo.
They also have the pistol speaker covers that bring it all together nicely.

20230525_164729 (resized).jpg20230525_164729 (resized).jpg
#12586 10 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Wizmods. Took a while to ship here, but they're premo.

Same here. It takes the same amount of time direct or via Ebay I would think.

#12587 10 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I doubt they sold that many and my distributor has LE’s in stock. I called on Friday and asked and ordered, paid and shipped same day. Why get a SE+ when LE’s are available?

To not get gouged. Unless your distro is selling at MSRP in which case who?

#12588 10 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

One of the art blades on my new LE was not applied properly, and though I made it look better it is still not as smooth as it should/could be.
I sent a ticket in this afternoon and received a response from CGC 32 minutes later. They are sending me a new art blade.
It sounds like some people have not been helped as quickly as they should have, but for me (today), the service exceeded any other pinball company I've ever dealt with (which is all of them).
Granted, sending out a new art blade is relatively easy. But still, based on some of the chatter on here, I was half-expecting to be ghosted. So I was pleasantly surprised and wanted to share my positive experience.

I will 2nd a great experience and response time from LTG first and then bumped to a ticket. It was open and closed within 2 weeks.

It was regarding a faulty sensor under the mine.

#12589 10 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

my distributor has LE’s in stock. I called on Friday and asked and ordered, paid and shipped same day.

It's interesting that some distributors receive such large allotments that they have unsold inventory, while CGC has other distributors with preorder customers still waiting over 18 months.

Seems odd that we were told LE's were sold out long ago.

#12590 10 months ago

3298 posts and 4 months since I've dropped in here, what did I miss?

Selling a pin and will have room for another in the basement. Maybe soon I will get the call for my CCrLE to be ready

#12591 10 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

3298 posts and 4 months since I've dropped in here, what did I miss?
Selling a pin and will have room for another in the basement. Maybe soon I will get the call for my CCrLE to be ready

You missed about 200 LEs made and someone asking if the Lyman code update is ready every 3 days and complaints about the wait and GCG poor customer service and the occasional report of ok customer service. The end.

#12592 10 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

You missed about 200 LEs made and someone asking if the Lyman code update is ready every 3 days and complaints about the wait and GCG poor customer service and the occasional report of ok customer service. The end.

Oh, plus its an AMAZING game and well worth the wait.

#12593 10 months ago

There are lots of “distributors” out there with LE’s available. I don’t see too many for $9,250 plus shipping though. You can even get a Medieval Madness Royal Edition to go along side it from this one distributor here on pinside marketplace for a measly $23,500.

#12594 10 months ago

Hi all, I'm getting what might be described as some ghost switch hits on startup that does not allow any type of skill shot for selecting the initial "bonus". I hit start, it kicks a ball into the shooter lane, then before I can shoot it completes the skill shot so I get what I get.

I've checked the switch matrix, manually tested every switch I can reach, and gone underneath and re-seated a bunch of connectors and I can't figure out where this switch hit is coming from. Anyone else have his issue?

#12595 10 months ago

So I’ve narrowed my decision down to Getting Cactus Canyon or Jurassic Park premium. I’ve not got to play cactus because there’s nowhere close that I can play one but it looks beautiful and from what everyone says it’s great and I like a western theme. So I’m a decent player will it keep me interested or am I going to blow through it so to speak I know we’re ones at 8000$. And Jurassic is 9699$ so I could save some money what is everyone thinking

#12596 10 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So I’ve narrowed my decision down to Getting Cactus Canyon or Jurassic Park premium. I’ve not got to play cactus because there’s nowhere close that I can play one but it looks beautiful and from what everyone says it’s great and I like a western theme. So I’m a decent player will it keep me interested or am I going to blow through it so to speak I know we’re ones at 8000$. And Jurassic is 9699$ so I could save some money what is everyone thinking

I’m biased since I have a CCr…..but I prefer it over JP. But it is definitely an easier game than JP. You’ll probably blow thru it, but you can always dial it in to be tougher. It’s a keeper in our house, the family/guests always go back to it after getting their butts kicked on our AFMr

#12597 10 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I had JP Premium for a year or so, sold it. I’m probably in the minority here, but I didn’t really enjoy the game. CCr is a hit for myself, my family and friends and I’ve had it for over a year at this point - it’s still probably the last game in my current lineup I’d sell or trade.

#12598 10 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Frankly I'd consider going just a tiny bit higher and snagging a CCr LE. The market is full of them, and they can be had around 10k (one was listed for 9,750 yesterday).

I'm decent as well (thought far from great), and have beaten CCr it a handful of times. But I have no desire to sell it, it's just plain fun.

#12599 10 months ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Hi all, I'm getting what might be described as some ghost switch hits on startup that does not allow any type of skill shot for selecting the initial "bonus". I hit start, it kicks a ball into the shooter lane, then before I can shoot it completes the skill shot so I get what I get.
I've checked the switch matrix, manually tested every switch I can reach, and gone underneath and re-seated a bunch of connectors and I can't figure out where this switch hit is coming from. Anyone else have his issue?

Put a ball in the shooter lane during test and see if another switch activates.

Might be a bad diode on a switch.

#12600 10 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Frankly I'd consider going just a tiny bit higher and snagging a CCr LE. The market is full of them, and they can be had around 10k (one was listed for 9,750 yesterday).

I'm not sure I would call 2k a tiny bit. That being said, I also have an LE and LOVE the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/252?hl=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.