(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,400 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 383 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 308.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Speaker Panel Mod here! I just received mine, comes from Portugal.
https://pinballpt.com/blog/
OR
ebay.com link: itm
[quoted image]

I might be interested in this. Can you post pix when you get it fitted Jhiggins623

#1152 2 years ago

Hey guys. Waiting for my SE order to come in. I was originally torn between this and a Godzilla pro. Couldn’t find any on location to try. Nor do any local pinhead buddy’s have either game. I went with the CCr se as I’ve never had a CGC game before. For you owners, what do you think of it? Unfortunately, I’ll have to buy sight unseen. Plus pinside only has reviews of the original.

#1153 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hey guys. Waiting for my SE order to come in. I was originally torn between this and a Godzilla pro. Couldn’t find any on location to try. Nor do any local pinhead buddy’s have either game. I went with the CCr se as I’ve never had a CGC game before. For you owners, what do you think of it? Unfortunately, I’ll have to buy sight unseen. Plus pinside only has reviews of the original.

In my opinion...CGC games are the best built pinball machines on the market today.

#1154 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

I haven't stopped playing it . To me the price tag on this game is an incredible value in the market right now. There's nothing else NIB at that price with this kind of build quality .it's funny , shoots just like a MB or AFM in my opinion. It's just a ton of fun. Rules are straight forward, but still challenging to achieve them all . You won't be disappointed

#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

In my opinion...CGC games are the best built pinball machines on the market today.

I agree.

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

There is a CCr vs Gz pro topic with a pole if you care to read through that.

#1157 2 years ago

jokerpoker unfortunately I ordered a CC SE+. I have a feeling it’s going to be a while I have one on my AFM SE it looks good. Good fitment, better than the plain ugly black panel. Only thing is you need security screw bits to get the speaker frames off. $15 for the set of bits at any Lowes.

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

There is a CCr vs Gz pro topic with a pole if you care to read through that.

Absolutely! I can’t seem to locate it though. Would you mind providing a link?

Thanks!

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Plus pinside only has reviews of the original.

Here are the reviews of the CGC CC. There aren't that many yet as there aren't that many games out in the wild yet. They're looking quite good so far.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/cgc-cactus-canyon-classic/ratings

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

why bother ordering and patiently waiting when you can just walk in and buy one !
this should fall on CGC fill the prepaid orders and deposits ....

Ideally this is how it should work but that would require CGC to compile/work a master list but they have distributors so they don’t have to do this. I don’t know how CGC does there batch allocations but I suspect if distributor 1 is slow in paying their full invoice dealer 2 and/or 3 may get their allocation before them as once games are ready to go they need to ship out. Distributors with large orders don’t necessarily have an advantage over smaller ones BUT it does seem that if you didn’t want an LE day one that you might have gotten an SE quicker by not going with a larger distributor (with the possible exception of PPS). With the LE you pretty much had to go wherever you could find one in the first few days.

I really think a lot of this is the pandemic demand spike as it really didn’t seem to be this extreme before.

But so far it seems everyone has been happy with their CCr and that’s the most important thing. And CCr buyers seem to be in a much better position than buyers of some recent Stern games who have already been waiting over a year without delivery.

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

I also had to decided between Godzilla and CCr, and went with CCr. I choose CCr because I like it more than Godzilla, but also because it was readily available. Godzilla has a long lead time for NIB and I wanted a pin now. But just to be sure, I drove an hour to try CCr before making my decision and I'm happy with my choice. It's a beautiful and very fun game. The sound design is masterful. The playfield has great artwork. The game is just fun. Sure it might be easier than GZ, but whatever, it's fun af.

#1162 2 years ago

Here you go. For those waiting on your game this will give you an idea on what you are in for!

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Here you go. For those waiting on your game this will give you an idea on what you are in for!

Great video, really enjoyed it

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Awesome Job Cary. Welcome to the Rodeo..

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Thanks man! Great video!

Richard

#1166 2 years ago

Got to play today at Pinbrew! Was lots of fun and can’t wait for mine to arrive!

#1167 2 years ago

I played CCr today for the first time.

(I don't presume that readers particularly care about what I think, but in case one or two do...)

Fun, smooth, recognizably Gomez'y layout.
On the easy side. (I'm not very good, and yet I got a replay on my first game.)
Cabinet sits a tad higher than Stern cabinets.
Solidly built. Lockbar stays put, even when nudging.
Great light show.
Great display, with probably the most varied/impressive dots I've ever seen.
I don't love the Bart sink hole as I don't like waiting for the ball to return to the PF.
Lower PF is forgiving (slings/outlanes), leading to longer ball times.
Flippers are snappy, but - as I often experience with CGC games - the length of the plunger is long enough that the "up" position isn't high enough to cradle a ball at least some of the time. Instead, the ball wants to dribble off. (Good for roll passes though!)

I watched Butch Peale's (sp?) seminar on CCr and I was very impressed by the re-engineering that CGC has done for this game. I guess I would be confident that this game will stand up to abuse, although I have no idea how durable the LED boards are or the MPU. It would be great if the boards and the mechs and the cabinet were all more durable than their counterparts at Stern. It's certainly possible, as the CGC team seems hell bent on making quality games.
Congrats to all the collectors who have ordered this game!

#1168 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Thanks!

Quoted from Jrl80:

Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-or-ccr-le#post-6588777
There is also an CCR vs GZ premium.
Hope this helps!

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-se-or-godzilla-pro

There's also a ccr Le vs GZ le.
Hope this helps!

#1170 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/133267

Looking at the serial on this and some other unboxing images - approaching 500 SEs shipped?

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I think this was a special thing PPS did for SE+ announcement. They said at the time you could get upgraded to an LE. Was a long shot I thought but it worked for me. Maybe people will drop out of LEs as they play more SEs on location and you will get to swap. Good luck!

The only of ordering CGC’s from Pinballstar and switch to Planetary

Quoted from oPinsesame:

I think this was a special thing PPS did for SE+ announcement. They said at the time you could get upgraded to an LE.

What the HELL. I'm very happy everyone is receiving their machines finally. However, I ordered in late October, and I'm getting crickets from my distributor! I'm starting to get pissed when I read things like this. Again, I'm not upset at the people receiving their games, I'm upset because there's absolutely no structure in the timing of orders! It's bullshit.

Pinballstar?

#1172 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What the HELL. I'm very happy everyone is receiving their machines finally. However, I ordered in late October, and I'm getting crickets from my distributor! I'm starting to get pissed when I read things like this. Again, I'm not upset at the people receiving their games, I'm upset because there's absolutely no structure in the timing of orders! It's bullshit.

Pinballstar?

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

I'd be curious to know what distributor took full payment before they had details on shipping. I thought it was against the rules and I would like to avoid them in the future.

Why? Do you wanna tattletale?

#1174 2 years ago

Now there's a guy posting a NIB for sale already. Says he ordered 2 SEs and has a pic of 1 in box, 1 out of box. So this dude got 2 fucking machines and I can't get mine after waiting 5 months?!?! WT actual F?!

#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

What's the point of answering that. If someone says "in 2 to 3 weeks" then something happens with more delays then everybody will get pissed off about being told it would be soon.
Just breath. It'll come.

Deleted my original post as we chatted via PM. Cheers to CCr, JFH and this fantastic thread, and to all of us getting our machines and being grateful to CGC is making this a reality in the first place

Enjoy the weekend, everyone! And when you get you machines, please share!!

#1176 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Why? Do you wanna tattletale?

So, the rules from CGC are pretty clear from my understanding. No distributor is to request full payment until a ship date is imminent. I understand now that Deadpool66 did this by choice. So I think it's a non issue.
The word tattletale reminds me of big brothers and bullies.
I'm unsure why you wouldn't want to know who is breaking the rules in a way that hurts both the buyer and other distributors. Every other distributor has the risk of a customer walking away and taking their deposit back. Assuming distributor's have to pay for their games before they get them, this also provides an unfair advantage.
All in all, yes, I think both distributors and buyers would want the playfield to remain fair and equal for all involved.
I could imagine the dude on FB selling an SE for $11,500 would disagree though.

#1177 2 years ago

If any dealers have an se ready to ship please lmk.
Thanks.

#1178 2 years ago

Try gameroomguys, I was first on the list on the 5th and got the confirmation call yesterday (4/8) that my pin was ready to ship. Unless others here called them up they should have a few available. Their site shows in stock.

Quoted from tp:

Thanks.

#1179 2 years ago

I just got these in the mail. They look incredible.

Also, the brown envelope has my cliffy set. I plan to install these over the weekend.

20220409_091951 (resized).jpg20220409_091951 (resized).jpg

#1180 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Also, the brown envelope has my cliffy set. I plan to install these over the weekend

If it's a full set of Cliffys please report back if they fit CCR... guessing they were made for original?

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Also, the brown envelope has my cliffy set. I plan to install these over the weekend.

Nice! -- I'm still considering whether or not to pull the trigger on the Brian Allen Translite and Art Blades. Let me know how the install goes--another fellow Pinsider stated he used the "wet" method and it was pretty straightforward. Would be curious to hear your thoughts as well.

As for the Cliffy's, I assume you bought the set for the original CC since Cliff hasn't released a specific CCr set? Did you get the "full" set for the purpose of replacing the metal protectors that CGC already put in place (i.e., outside the mine entry, ball drain hole) or did you just by certain pieces for the areas that aren't covered by CGC? Please let us know how they all fit (especially around the drop targets which I believe have a different design than the original).

Thanks!

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Nice! -- I'm still considering whether or not to pull the trigger on the Brian Allen Translite and Art Blades. Let me know how the install goes--another fellow Pinsider stated he used the "wet" method and it was pretty straightforward. Would be curious to hear your thoughts as well.
As for the Cliffy's, I assume you bought the set for the original CC since Cliff hasn't released a specific CCr set? Did you get the "full" set for the purpose of replacing the metal protectors that CGC already put in place (i.e., outside the mine entry, ball drain hole) or did you just by certain pieces for the areas that aren't covered by CGC? Please let us know how they all fit (especially around the drop targets which I believe have a different design than the original).
Thanks!

I got the full set from the original for testing.

I plan to put the art blades on today with folks coming over tonite to play some pinball. I will give the Cliffy's a whirl tomorrow.

#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

You are far more likely to be successful by pulling up the authorized distributor list and calling to see who has games in stock. I doubt there are many at this point.

#1184 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

[quoted image]

They look great!
Looking forward to your results!

#1185 2 years ago

I went in dry. Wet method unnecessary. The are repositionable. They went in easy. The hinge bolt hole is small. I recommend not removing the eyelet. I did on the first one and was able to recover and get it back in. Used a scalpel to make my own hole to put the hardware back in.

1516CE22-555A-4224-8ACA-FB8CBBC8D728 (resized).jpeg1516CE22-555A-4224-8ACA-FB8CBBC8D728 (resized).jpegB9C0E349-5CBA-4974-AA13-5C34FE98057A (resized).jpegB9C0E349-5CBA-4974-AA13-5C34FE98057A (resized).jpegDC0AE420-B6E2-4C5F-9A92-ACF9B64DF68C (resized).jpegDC0AE420-B6E2-4C5F-9A92-ACF9B64DF68C (resized).jpeg
#1186 2 years ago

Dammit I think you guys just cost me 9K!

Always wanted this game now I just have to figure out how to pay for it, lol.

Looks great and would definitely want to do the Brian Allen art package on this game.

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I went in dry. Wet method unnecessary. The are repositionable. They went in easy. The hinge bolt hole is small. I recommend not removing the eyelet. I did on the first one and was able to recover and get it back in. Used a scalpel to make my own hole to put the hardware back in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Looks great!

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Dammit I think you guys just cost me 9K!
Always wanted this game now I just have to figure out how to pay for it, lol.
Looks great and would definitely want to do the Brian Allen art package on this game.

The best way would be to sell me your White Water lol

#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Dammit I think you guys just cost me 9K

Just walk into a distributor and buy one ... while the rest of just wait...

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

The best way would be to sell me your White Water lol

Well something has to leave the house to get this and its either WH20 or WCS because POTC and MBRLE are never leaving

#1191 2 years ago

Installing a shaker motor in a Cactus Canyon Special Edition:

Limited Editions have a factory installed motor.

#1192 2 years ago

May seem like a silly question, but does any new Chicago Gaming shaker motor work, or do you have to buy one for CCr? And who has the best price? Thanks.

#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

does any new Chicago Gaming shaker motor work

The official Chicago Gaming Company shaker motor can be used in any remake including Cactus Canyon.
Use of other motors may void your warranty.

Planetary Pinball is the official vendor for CGC parts.

#1194 2 years ago

My only regret is not getting the SE+ .thinking about moving the SE to find a MB and getting back in line lol

#1195 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

My only regret is not getting the SE+ .t Thi king about moving the SE to find a MB and getting back in line lol

Sounds like a smart move. I have seen lots of Stern buyers do that. They will buy the lower end model and a higher end model. The lower end model is released first and they play it for a while until the premium model or LE model are released then they sell off the lower end model. It seems like they usually break even or even make a couple hundred on the deal as well.

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Sounds like a smart move. I have seen lots of Stern buyers do that. They will buy the lower end model and a higher end model. The lower end model is released first and they play it for a while until the premium model or LE model are released then they sell off the lower end model. It seems like they usually break even or even make a couple hundred on the deal as well.

After spending a few days with it. I just really want the topper lol. This is gonna be one that Is bolted to the floor for me

#1197 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Installing a shaker motor in a Cactus Canyon Special Edition:

I assume this will be another great little addition to the FAQ... This really has to be the best FAQ thread on Pinside--full stop. Thanks for starting/maintaining/updating. Nothing like one stop shopping.

#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

May seem like a silly question, but does any new Chicago Gaming shaker motor work, or do you have to buy one for CCr? And who has the best price? Thanks.

Also available at Pinballlife.

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I assume this will be another great little addition to the FAQ... This really has to be the best FAQ thread on Pinside--full stop. Thanks for starting/maintaining/updating. Nothing like one stop shopping.

Thanks for the kind words. Not too many threads make use of the FAQ tags. I started so I could keep the info in one place for me.

I’ve run into an apparent Pinside limitation on post and/or FAQ character counts so I’ve had to edit/remove some entries.

Going to check with Robin/moderators to what other options are available to me. I created some expansion room, but I may cheat and remove some of the game setup details and replace them with RTFM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,999 (OBO)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/24?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.