(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 308.
#12401 10 months ago
Quoted from undrdog:

They must have change it to easier than when mine was shipped. Mine was shipped with the outlanes all the way open. 3 balls, limited saves. I set the level bubble as suggested in the manual.
I didn't beat the game until I moved the outlanes to halfway and set it to five balls. Then I went on vacation. Now that I'm back I'll win it a few more times and go back to three balls.
IMHO Outlanes at half way are open enough that the ball drains if you aren't paying attention. If you are paying attention, you can usually nudge the ball safe. Keeps me on my toes.

Try my settings above...Very satisfying game play when you accomplish something.

I changed the single replay to fixed, at 45 million, I might go higher to say 65 million.

My settings are for novice to medium level players.

A good competition player can "blow up" this game regardless of how its set up.

Thats not me...

#12402 10 months ago

The one I use is not the cleaner wax. As to the white traces, a careful follow up with a heat gun on low melts it.

#12403 10 months ago

Am I the only one having troubles with the ball going into the saloon or behind it? The ball gets kicked out without any score or Bart reaction. It just gets kicked out.

It sure makes it harder to beat Bionic Bart mode.

#12404 10 months ago
Quoted from undrdog:

The one I use is not the cleaner wax. As to the white traces, a careful follow up with a heat gun on low melts it.

This is pretty good wax with low solvents in it:

https://mothers.com/products/california-gold-pure-brazilian-carnauba-wax-step-3-05550

#12405 10 months ago

Yup, that's it.

#12406 10 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I keep getting "Check Switch 55 - Bottom Jet".
It's the lower ring on the left lower jet bumper.
I toggled that ring in switch test..works every time.
Somehow the error went away after more play but 2 weeks later the same error came back.
Anyone else having a Switch 55 error credit dot at power up?
I'm sure I am hitting those two pop bumpers enough so I would think this switch error is erronous.

I had this error as well. Turns out, the Bottom Jet is actually the Mine Kicker that spits the ball into the Left Jet and Right Jet.

#12407 10 months ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Yup, that's it.

Since its an "old school" bar or hard wax, super thin coats are very effective on a very lightly dampened applicator.

But since its not "rock hard" like granite, it has solvents in it to make it possible to apply it without melting it in a pot and pouring it on (very old school).

Even these hard waxes remove the prior wax as you apply it, but not all of it.

This is why I strip it off with naptha to clean it up every 900 plays.

Lots of dirt appears on my naptha rag...

#12408 10 months ago

Hey everyone. I just added the saloon doors and train station sign mod from Shapeways.com. I think it came out pretty good! You have to paint it yourself but it was no big deal. A lot cheaper than the Mezel mods train station and it doesn’t hide barts face!

3BA6A22A-6F8E-44F2-B2CC-399CD5266D66 (resized).jpeg3BA6A22A-6F8E-44F2-B2CC-399CD5266D66 (resized).jpegC34E21EF-9569-407F-92A4-295C251E1DFD (resized).jpegC34E21EF-9569-407F-92A4-295C251E1DFD (resized).jpegC512FCC9-7F98-4FF5-A931-70C459C7B6A3 (resized).jpegC512FCC9-7F98-4FF5-A931-70C459C7B6A3 (resized).jpeg
#12409 10 months ago

I of course don’t have any #6 3x8 screws to install the knocker.

Is #6 1/2 too long?

If not to the store I go!

#12410 10 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Is #6 1/2 too long?

Hold it up against what is it going into. Does it look like it will go through to the other side or not ?

LTG : )

#12411 10 months ago

A good cost efficient everyday playfield cleaner is called “210 plastic cleaner”. $14 a can and lasts a long time, spray onto an old T-shirt and cleans everything under the glass. No residue whatsoever. Waxing is a pain and doesn’t seem to do a whole lot more than what this spray does. I used to buy this stuff called Plexus but the price has gotten ridiculous. I use colored flipper bands as my dirt gauge and when they start to appear visibly dirty then just wipe everything in a few minutes.

The black “coil” dust that appears is mostly from the pivot bushings used in the flippers slings etc. They are made of very hard compressed graphite for the purpose of dry/self lubrication. Coil stops will shed down into the cabinet but looks more like glitter.

#12412 10 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I of course don’t have any #6 3x8 screws to install the knocker.
Is #6 1/2 too long?
If not to the store I go!

Way too long, use gold 3/8" screws in the backbox.

Use longer ones with 2 washers if thats all you got.

#12413 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Hey everyone. I just added the saloon doors and train station sign mod from Shapeways.com. I think it came out pretty good! You have to paint it yourself but it was no big deal. A lot cheaper than the Mezel mods train station and it doesn’t hide barts face!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where can I get saloon doors

#12414 10 months ago

Barts left arm seems to have a mind if it’s own and is pointing straight up in the air on start up or half way when other arm looms correct pointing at me. Should I loosen arm screw and adjust? I already tried pushing arm down to correct position. Thanks

#12415 10 months ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Barts left arm seems to have a mind if it’s own and is pointing straight up in the air on start up or half way when other arm looms correct pointing at me. Should I loosen arm screw and adjust? I already tried pushing arm down to correct position. Thanks

Is it having a hard time finding its home position?

How does it work in test?

Could be a loose wire on the sensor.

#12417 10 months ago

Man...replacing all of the rubber on this pin with Titans was a pain. Was almost a complete playfield teardown. They didn't design these with maintenance in mind for sure! Took several hours (but includes time figuring out how to remove ramps and other parts. Godzilla was almost trivial to do, FF wasn't too bad ...would have been trivial too if not for 2 inconsequential post sleeves....but my OCD wouldn't allow them to remain black.

Oh, and I couldn't remove the beer mug rubbers....I couldn't get the little 1/4 lock nut off the bottom rod of the beer mug. The rod twists inside the beer mug, and I couldn't get enough traction on the rod to stop it from spinning. So...that stays black.

#12418 10 months ago

I installed anti-glare glass on my game last night. There are many vendors of it now, and all of them have their own slight tint, blue, purple, pink etc. Each has their own place depending on the colors on the playfield, purple tint is pretty good over all if you cant choose.

I chose invisiglass for this game. The green? tint to it is just perfect, it makes the colors POP !
https://www.pinballlife.com/invisiglass-non-glare-playfield-glass-standard.html

If you were on the fence about it, DO IT ! ! ! !

This glass solved ALL of my lighting complaints.

The VERY slight filtering takes all of the annoying harshness off the LED's.
One of my problems was reflection.

Not just backbox reflection, but reflection between the inside and outside surfaces of the glass causing a slightly skewed viewpoint.

Or maybe an underwater type of look due to the super bright LEDS?

The text on the inserts was unreadable and had a slight blur.

ALL OF THIS IS GONE ! ! ! !

Its like playing with the glass off and wearing VERY slightly filtered glasses tuned to the harshness of LEDs. All of the lighting is slightly softened? the most noticeable times are during the muti-ball displays. What was a seizure inducing mode is now enjoyable and exciting.

Invisiglass should have been an option when buying the game as it adds so much to it.

I have anti-glare glass on all of my games, but this installation seems to have the most noteworthy effect.

After playing CCr for a few days with the factory glass (which is very good quality), we are seeing a HUGE improvement and our scores have dramatically improved. It's so much easier to keep track of the ball.

Just BUY IT ! ! !!

#12419 10 months ago

Posting here in the hopes someone might be a magician and able to help. The nylon stop nut on the bottom of the beer mug rod on my game has stripped and come off (assuming from being hit repeatedly over time) and can not be screwed back on without falling back off after a few hits, which causes the beer mug to loudly hit the top glass whenever it is struck by the ball.

I have searched every inch of the service manual and can not find a part number or specifications on this nut anywhere. It is extremely small and is not something I've found readily available at any hardware store. (Also discovered an error on the playfield diagram numbering while trying to find this part).

By some miracle, does anyone happen to have a part number or specs for this nut? Thanks in advance!

#12420 10 months ago

You can probably slide the smallest size post rubber over the threads an it should hold.

#12421 10 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I couldn't get enough traction on the rod to stop it from spinning.

Small vice grips is your friend.

Quoted from ChikyMcNuggs:

I have searched every inch of the service manual and can not find a part number or specifications on this nut anywhere.

2/56ths. I found them at Ace Hardware. Try a hobby shop if there is one in your area.

Quoted from ChikyMcNuggs:

The nylon stop nut on the bottom of the beer mug rod on my game has stripped and come off (assuming from being hit repeatedly over time) and can not be screwed back on without falling back off after a few hits,

Hot glue or silicone will help for awhile. My game has a brass nut. Kept unscrewing, even with hot glue or Locktite. I finally soldered the little nut on. It's been behaving ever since.

On mine now is as follows : Beer Mug - Rod - below the playfield - Rod - rubber grommet - washer - brass nut.

#12422 10 months ago

Man I love Pinside. Less than 10 minutes and I've already got 2 answers. You guys rock! Mucho thanks LTG & fossmin !!

#12423 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

This glass solved ALL of my lighting complaints.

I don't have a CCR yet, but I put Inviglass on my MM Royal and it's great. So much easier on the eyes. No glare from the Backglass anymore. Now I just need to get a sheet for my MBR. The reflection from the backglass to the playfield glass is unbearable. It's too hard to follow the ball until it's too late.

Come to think of it....My GB needs it too....just wish this glass wasn't so expensive!!!!

#12424 10 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I don't have a CCR yet, but I put Inviglass on my MM Royal and it's great. So much easier on the eyes. No glare from the Backglass anymore. Now I just need to get a sheet for my MBR. The reflection from the backglass to the playfield glass is unbearable. It's too hard to follow the ball until it's too late.
Come to think of it....My GB needs it too....just wish this glass wasn't so expensive!!!!

Try Melissa at Coin taker! Voodoo Glass is amazing and she may cut you a deal on multiple sheets too.

#12425 10 months ago

Is it having a hard time finding its home position?
How does it work in test?
Could be a loose wire on the sensor.

Yes it’s either straight up in the air or to foward or back. I’ve tried to manually push in line with right arm and still winds up being to far back foward or up in the air. I haven’t done test in menu but I’ll try but not sure that’s going to correct it just tell me something. Where is the sensor and how do you fix

#12426 10 months ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Yes it’s either straight up in the air or to foward or back. I’ve tried to manually push in line with right arm and still winds up being to far back foward or up in the air. I haven’t done test in menu but I’ll try but not sure that’s going to correct it just tell me something. Where is the sensor and how do you fix

Is the arm loose?

Does it always do the same thing and always return to the same position?

Test mode could help, but it blows fuses on some games if done a lot.

#12427 10 months ago

Well I unexpectedly joined the club today! Hopefully I'll get it set up a bit later tonight.

PXL_20230523_195334184 (resized).jpgPXL_20230523_195334184 (resized).jpg
#12428 10 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I unexpectedly joined the club today! Hopefully I'll get it set up a bit later tonight.
[quoted image]

Try my settings (if you want) that I posted, let me know what you think!

#12429 10 months ago

I didnt put my pingulp on my game yet.

I need a spittoon styled one !

spittoon (resized).jpgspittoon (resized).jpg
#12430 10 months ago

8 more ratings needed to get the LE in the pinside top 100.

Try to be optimistic and truthful.

#12431 10 months ago

So when did CGC start added the mine cart to the tracks? I bought a mod because I thought it didn't come with one, but mine came with one out of the box that I just opened. It is number 318.

#12432 10 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So when did CGC start added the mine cart to the tracks? I bought a mod because I thought it didn't come with one, but mine came with one out of the box that I just opened. It is number 318.

My LE came with the mine cart and tracks.

I think the regular versions have no tracks or mine cart.

#12433 10 months ago

OK, I thought neither had mine carts at some point. Maybe I was just mistaken.

Thanks

#12434 10 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I unexpectedly joined the club today!

Congrats! But how do you unexpectedly join the club?

#12435 10 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Probably skipped the pre-order and one came up near him and he bought it?

#12436 10 months ago

The electric cord plate cover came with no screws. Anyone know a size and length? Also, I can't hook up my topper, because there is no backbox key on either hook on the coin door. Can't believe I have to drill out a brand new lock

IMG_9264 (resized).JPGIMG_9264 (resized).JPG
#12437 10 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

The electric cord plate cover came with no screws. Anyone know a size and length? Also, I can't hook up my topper, because there is no backbox key on either hook on the coin door. Can't believe I have to drill out a brand new lock
[quoted image]

Are the keys deep inside the game, under the cable hoses or in the deepest back wall corner?
Stuck under the speaker magnet?

I cant believe they fell of the hook...

It took me a monent to find mine as there were 2 hooks on the coin mechs.
Im easily fooled.

WTF, NO KEYS !?!?!?!?!?!

The screws look like 8-32 x 1.5 or 2"

#12438 10 months ago

Are the keys deep inside the game, under the cable hoses or in the deepest back wall corner?
I cant believe they fell of the hook...
It took me a monent to find mine as there were 2 hooks on the coin mechs.
Im easily fooled.
WTF, NO KEYS !?!?!?!?!?!
The screws look like 8-32 x 1.5 or 2"

Thank you Sir!!! That is exactly where they were in the back of the game under the wiring harness. Unbelievable! I can't see them coming off the hook. Seems highly unlikely. They must have just tossed them in the cabinet???

#12439 10 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Can't believe I have to drill out a brand new lock

Don't drill it.

Two theft proof Torx screws hold the metal plate to the top of the backbox. Size 15 ( my driver says T15 )

Remove the screws, slide the metal plate/lock down and out. Unscrew the cam on the lock, remove the nut holding the lock on. Change the lock at your leisure.

I see you found the keys. I'll post this anyway in case someone loses the key.

#12440 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't drill it.
Two theft proof Torx screws hold the metal plate to the top of the backbox. Size 15 ( my driver says T15 )
Remove the screws, slide the metal plate/lock down and out. Unscrew the cam on the lock, remove the nut holding the lock on. Change the lock at your leisure.
I see you found the keys. I'll post this anyway in case someone loses the key.

Thanks for the tip LTG for future reference.

#12441 10 months ago

all this talk about Barts arms on the topper has me wondering what is the correct position or action. I say this because on my unit his arms are pointed all over the place. Not that I really mind to be honest but on my topper it looks to be kinda random.

#12442 10 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thank you Sir!!! That is exactly where they were in the back of the game under the wiring harness. Unbelievable! I can't see them coming off the hook. Seems highly unlikely. They must have just tossed them in the cabinet???

Youre welcome!

The key hooks are sitting sideways when the game is on its end.

If the hooks are not tightly closed the keys can easily slide off.

I have found them in the cabinet before from old worn out bent hooks.

Its amazing what you can find in a game. Especially if it hasnt been vacuumed out for 30 years.

Lots of little places for stuff to hide out.

#12443 10 months ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

all this talk about Barts arms on the topper has me wondering what is the correct position or action. I say this because on my unit his arms are pointed all over the place. Not that I really mind to be honest but on my topper it looks to be kinda random.

On my game the arms/guns are pointed straight down when I start a game.

Its important that they are correct as he points the gun at you during shoot out modes.

He even moves slightly when getting to draw. Its impressive when it works right.

How do they work in test? There IS a home position, they are not random.

Are they loose?

Mine were slightly loose when I set up my game. I tightened the arm screws 1/2 a turn each to firm them up.

#12444 10 months ago

On my game the arms/guns are pointed straight down when I start a game.
Are they loose?
Mine were slightly loose when I set up my game. I tightened the arm screws 1/2 a turn each to firm them up.

thanks for the quick response. I know mine are not loose and I will need to check position tomorrow but pretty sure they are not in the down position at the start of the game. I will map the positions when I am back in front of the machine. pretty sure he has crazy arms haha.

#12445 10 months ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

I will need to check position tomorrow but pretty sure they are not in the down position at the start of the game.

Can you loosen them enough to rotate them freely? (they could be keyed to a set spot so don’t twist if they aren’t moving with gentle pressure) At the start of a game you would know the set point is supposed to be down in the “holstered” position. Place them there and tighten. From there see if they all look and function correctly the rest of the game. I cant imagine it takes much to orient them the right way. If they continue to move all over the place after that, then there could be more going on.

#12446 10 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I had a TSPP up for sale and someone offered CCr as a trade. Wasn't really a game I was in the market for, but hey I figured I might as well go for it.

#12447 10 months ago

definitely crazy arms, this is what they are at the start of a game

ccr (resized).jpgccr (resized).jpg
#12448 10 months ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

definitely crazy arms, this is what they are at the start of a game
[quoted image]

Send in a ticket or call them, that's not right.

#12449 10 months ago

Send in a ticket or call them, that's not right.

I sent one in this morning and will see what happens.

#12450 10 months ago

For a game I never had any plans of picking up CCr has grown on me a lot very quickly. I'm loving it. Unfortunately mine is one with the over-crimped legs and has some decal damage there, I swapped the screws on the leg protectors out with hex head screws to keep it from getting worse. The beer glass was also totally missing the nut, so I grabbed a nut and rubber stopper from Ace to soften the blow. The first time that thing shot up and smacked the glass scared the shit out of me haha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.