(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 309.
#12351 11 months ago

Thanks all!

#12352 11 months ago
Quoted from binary01:

When my new game arrived, I had checked all connectors and found a few crooked ones, not completely disconnected though, and re-seated them. I also pulled up on the bundled harness that runs up thru the middle of the back box for some slack, as the wires were slightly taught running to the board connectors. The FAQ section on the first page of this thread mentions connectors and is an excellent reference put together well by jfh, that contains a lot of good information.

I messed with mine the other night to try to fix the top right loop switch not counting marksman shots. I only read after the fact in the FAQ not to unplug the connector while powered. Nothing bad seems to have occurred but what is the risk? Shorting something?

I think I got the issue corrected and hot glued back down.

#12353 11 months ago

How do I:

reset the high scores

or reset to factory settings

Thanks!

#12354 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

How do I:

reset the high scores

or reset to factory settings

Page 1-44 in the manual. Go into Utilities - U.3 High Scores reset - U.6 Factory Reset.

LTG : )

#12355 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-44 in the manual. Go into Utilities - U.3 High Scores reset - U.6 Factory Reset.

Thanks!

#12356 11 months ago

I keep getting "Check Switch 55 - Bottom Jet".
It's the lower ring on the left lower jet bumper.
I toggled that ring in switch test..works every time.
Somehow the error went away after more play but 2 weeks later the same error came back.

Anyone else having a Switch 55 error credit dot at power up?
I'm sure I am hitting those two pop bumpers enough so I would think this switch error is erronous.

#12357 11 months ago

I think I have finished the preliminary "dialing in" of my game.

7 degrees pitch.

Outlane posts in the center. I went from fully opened to removing them altogether, then back to the center position.

Gunfights, quick draws: medium

3 ball game

4 Max extra balls as set as default.

Unlimited extra balls for ball in play. If that becomes a problem, Ill change it to one.
Sometimes you need to keep up the momentun on a great game, I dont want to spoil these times.

Ball save: I went from none to 8 seconds. Pinballgoddess complained that a quick draw on the plunge can instantly drain the ball if you shot a bad guy. I dont feel that you should be penalised for winning a shootout.

Shooting bad guys is an important part of the game.

On the plunge, if you get a quick draw, the complete interaction takes 7 to 8 seconds to drain the ball on a solid hit. You should get the ball back if it drains I think. Winning a shootout and losing the ball may be a part of risk/return, but I dont think it adds fun to the game.

So, its at 8 seconds for now.

4 bart bro's to get a star

5 hits for bionic bart

Extra ball for Special, but no memory to have it continue to the next ball.

1 extra ball for getting a single replay. None after that. The game is set on free play, credits are meaningless.

All of the other default settings seem sensible.

My current goal is to have a challenging game that you can "blow up" the score on a good game.

The default of 4 extra balls seems liberal, but having the built in extra ball opportunities adds fun and a sense of accomplishment. I think the default setting seems about right.

7 maximum balls for medium skilled players in a single game seems like a good amount for a home use game and I should see some good scores.

Set up this way, game times are varying between 5 and 12 mins, with the occasional 30 min game.
Short games ALWAYS lead to another game, so I thing its set up pretty close to what I want for now.

I heard that operators shoot for 77 to 90 second average ball times, but Im thinking 2 mins for a home game.

Please comment on your settings and conclusions!

#12358 11 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I'm sure I am hitting those two pop bumpers enough so I would think this switch error is erronous.

I would think it needs a little tweaking. It isn't always working enough to not come up in error.

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. Clean the leaf blade contacts, a piece of paper between them and gently hold closed and pull the paper out. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

Clean the leaf blade contacts, a piece of paper between them and gently hold closed and pull the paper out.

#12359 11 months ago

Im adjusting the audio.

I increased the subwoofer EQ balance by 2 for a little more bass presence. 3 seemed too much to me.

I think that if a music vs call outs and effects adjustment tool would be really nice in the extended code.

#12360 11 months ago

I ordered the speaker panel magnet from over seas, I wont probably get it until July.

However, Im not sure I want it (as popular as it is) I like the way my game matches my AFMrLE with the shadowbox look.

It will probably be for sale at a discount...

#12361 11 months ago

However, Im not sure I want it (as popular as it is) I like the way my game matches my AFMrLE with the shadowbox look.

There is an easy fix for this issue...

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
#12362 11 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

There is an easy fix for this issue...[quoted image]

LOL !

Yes, I could just add one to my AFMr....

#12363 11 months ago

LOL !

This is how I solved the issue with my MMr. Putting it on tomorrow.

IMG_20230520_132810 (resized).jpgIMG_20230520_132810 (resized).jpg
#12364 11 months ago

There is an easy fix for this issue...

s-l400 (resized).jpg

Here you go.....

IMG_6867 (resized).jpegIMG_6867 (resized).jpeg
#12365 11 months ago

LOL !

They compliment each other Tom, you should consider it!

Best to you and Marta!

Nick & Barbie

Magnets.jpg.pdfMagnets.jpg.pdf
#12366 11 months ago

What is the purpose of these plastic plates taped to the inside of the lockdown bar? My right side piece has fallen off every single time I remove the lockdown bar since day one.

IMG_2905 (resized).jpegIMG_2905 (resized).jpeg
#12367 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

What is the purpose of these plastic plates taped to the inside of the lockdown bar?

To keep the lockdown bar from scratching the side rails in game play.

Quoted from audihere:

My right side piece has fallen off every single time I remove the lockdown bar since day one.

Stick it back on. Tape, glue, etc.

#12368 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

To keep the lockdown bar from scratching the side rails in game play.

Stick it back on. Tape, glue, etc.

My cabinet must be too wide. With those on the lockdown bar, it’s a struggle just to stretch the lockdown bar over the cabinet left/right side armor pieces.

Still no word back from CGC.

#12369 11 months ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

They compliment each other Tom, you should consider it!
Best to you and Marta!
Nick & Barbie
[quoted image]

They do look great!

Now you've got me thinking about it lol.

#12370 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

My cabinet must be too wide. With those on the lockdown bar, it’s a struggle just to stretch the lockdown bar over the cabinet left/right side armor pieces.
Still no word back from CGC.

My lockdown bar sorta "snaps" on, but its not super tight, kinda firm on the sides though.

Is possible that you should pull off one siderail, move the glass channel over and be done with it.

The glass channel does NOT have to be fitted into the slot.

You can trim off the flange and set the channel in place with 6 #4 x 1/2" flat head wood screws.

You only have to move it 1/8".

No one would ever see the repair.

#12371 11 months ago

My lockdown bar sorta "snaps" on, but its not super tight, kinda firm on the sides though.
Is possible that you should pull off one siderail, move the glass channel over and be done with it.
The glass channel does NOT have to be fitted into the slot.
You can trim off the flange and set the channel in place with 6 #4 x 1/2" flat head wood screws.
You only have to move it 1/8".
No one would ever see the repair.

That sounds like a tough trimming job to get it perfectly flush.

If I moved a channel over, I wouldn’t want it extending past the chamfer on the edge of the cabinet for cosmetic reasons. So, I wouldn’t gain much glass support, maybe 1/16 of an inch?

#12372 11 months ago

Is possible that you should pull off one siderail, move the glass channel over and be done with it. You only have to move it 1/8". No one would ever see the repair.

Why after paying $10,000 and being given a 2 year warranty should anyone have to make a bush fix adjustment to their nib machine? CGC needs to step up, contact the owner, and fix it the right way. Cut them new glass is the easiest solution, but a wow would be a new cabinet.

#12373 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

That sounds like a tough trimming job to get it perfectly flush.
If I moved a channel over, I wouldn’t want it extending past the chamfer on the edge of the cabinet for cosmetic reasons. So, I wouldn’t gain much glass support, maybe 1/16 of an inch?

Its not terrible, you can sand it flush with a sanding block after trimming it with a razor cutter.

If you can get it to move 3/32" the glass would stay on.

From your pictures it looks like the glass is right on the edge of the plastic glass channel.

This is what I would do.

At least while waiting for a new lower cabinet.

#12374 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Why after paying $10,000 and being given a 2 year warranty should anyone have to make a bush fix adjustment to their nib machine? CGC needs to step up, contact the owner, and fix it the right way. Cut them new glass is the easiest solution, but a wow would be a new cabinet.

This is just for the moment to get the game playing correctly.

Im confident that CGC will ultimately sort this out.

#12375 11 months ago

How's everyone holding up? I've had mine on route a year and a half just about and it's starting to need some attention.

Just had to replace the right flipper coil cause the flipper hold wasn't working. Had some drop target issues earlier before that with the bad guy on the left furthest side. He had to be replaced too.

A couple of loose connectors once in awhile (I think I'm going to hot glue all of them so they can't back off) and a button that had to be replaced after someone spilled a beer on the side of the cabinet.

IMG-0080 (resized).jpgIMG-0080 (resized).jpg
#12376 11 months ago
Quoted from rue_:

How's everyone holding up?

In my arcade so far has been normal cleaning.

#12377 11 months ago
Quoted from rue_:

How's everyone holding up? I've had mine on route a year and a half just about and it's starting to need some attention.
Just had to replace the right flipper coil cause the flipper hold wasn't working. Had some drop target issues earlier before that with the bad guy on the left furthest side. He had to be replaced too.
A couple of loose connectors once in awhile (I think I'm going to hot glue all of them so they can't back off) and a button that had to be replaced after someone spilled a beer on the side of the cabinet. [quoted image]

How many plays? How’s the playfield looking?

#12378 11 months ago

Just finished a great movie, "The man who saved pinball". In my humble opinion. It should be required viewing to be a member on Pinside. If that movie doesn't make you happy nothing will. I highly recommend it.

The man who saved pinball (resized).jpgThe man who saved pinball (resized).jpg
#12379 11 months ago

Its not terrible, you can cand it flush with a sanding block after trimming it with a razor cutter.
If you can get it to move 3/32" the glass would stay on.
From your pictures it looks like the glass is right on the edge of the plastic glass channel.
This is what I would do.
At least while waiting for a new lower cabinet.

This is a best case scenario pic of trying to get the lockdown bar back on the game. You can see the interference fit from the plastic protectors. I have to pry the lockdown bar out a little on either side to squeeze in over into position.
IMG_2924 (resized).jpegIMG_2924 (resized).jpeg

#12380 11 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

How many plays? How’s the playfield looking?

I’ll snap a picture of the audits next visit. It’s getting 500-600 plays a month. Its very popular. I clean and wax it every month usually. The right flipper coil I just replaced was still working just had a problem with the hold function. The wire wasn’t making good contact somehow. The coil stop was hammered and the coil sleeve became one with it. My GZ pro has got new coil stops too. They
get hammered.
playfield looks good still. I did skip a month and I had to scrub out the black dust or whatever from the front of the center drain around the sheriff guy. The metal ramps are showing a little wear. I think we have replaced all the balls twice now.
Haven’t got to any mods except the Flynn alternative translite which I think is way better. I showed the Chicago Gaming guy a picture of the audits last year at the Tacoma pin show and he saw that translite and didn’t like it. Ha ha. He prefers the original he said.

#12381 11 months ago

Just an off topic observation. People post a marketplace ad to sell ONE of their machines but always seem to slip in a couple “flex” pics of their entire lineup filled with LE’s and CE’s etc..

Anyone else see this trend??

#12382 11 months ago

I noticed today that the ball was not exiting my train track ramp down thru the metal hole on the left. Instead it was actually bypassing the hole and “jumping the tracks”, but actually landing right where it was supposed to. 100% jumping off the rails. Had to watch it a few times just to see what was going on.

Does anyone else have this mod? The ball was clipping the barrel on the mod and jumping off the ramp. I have the Train Stop mod taped down as flush as possible to front of the original metal piece. I had to tweak the metal pretty hard to get the ball to completely clear the barrel and exit the ramp as intended.

IMG_2925 (resized).jpegIMG_2925 (resized).jpeg
#12383 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

I noticed today that the ball was not exiting my train track ramp down thru the metal hole on the left. Instead it was actually bypassing the hole and “jumping the tracks”, but actually landing right where it was supposed to. 100% jumping off the rails. Had to watch it a few times just to see what was going on.
Does anyone else have this mod? The ball was clipping the barrel on the mod and jumping off the ramp. I have the Train Stop mod taped down as flush as possible to front of the original metal piece. I had to tweak the metal pretty hard to get the ball to completely clear the barrel and exit the ramp as intended.

Others have reported this as well. I believe the ball will clear if you remove the barrel.

#12384 11 months ago

Im having a ball hang once in awhile underneath Bart, before it goes to the VUK popper.

Ball search clears it by actuating the popper plunger.

But its annoying.

I havent pulled it apart to look at it yet, but I can see the ball sitting in the lower right corner of the mech, when viewing it from above, through the opening.

It looks like its sitting against the popper cap and not going over onto it.

#12385 11 months ago

We played quite a few games of CCr last night.

I'm SOLD on my settings I posted above (further back in this thread), post 12357, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/248#post-7588600

A long game DID happen with 4 extra balls, but HIGH NOON was not achieved!

4 Bart Bros seems perfect instead of 3.

Collecting Bionic Bart with 5 hits was incredibly challenging, FUN, and achieved.

This was absolutely PERFECT ! The game was amazing!

It would be great if someone could "mirror" my settings and see what you think.

Please post any adjustments that you might think I missed and your thoughts on this.

#12386 11 months ago

Im having a ball hang once in awhile underneath Bart, before it goes to the VUK popper.
But its annoying.
I havent pulled it apart to look at it yet, but I can see the ball sitting in the lower right corner of the mech, when viewing it from above, through the opening.

Over the weekend I had ball hangs in this exact spot over 10 times. Especially during multiball where it's an advantage during 2 balls to get jackpots. It looks like if the metal was bent inward a little it would help, but I don't want to bend the metal. I may 3D print something that grips onto the metal to prevent ball hangs this week. If I do, I'll post a pic. Someone must have a good design idea for this?

#12387 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Over the weekend I had ball hangs in this exact spot over 10 times. Especially during multiball where it's an advantage during 2 balls to get jackpots. It looks like if the metal was bent inward a little it would help, but I don't want to bend the metal. I may 3D print something that grips onto the metal to prevent ball hangs this week. If I do, I'll post a pic. Someone must have a good design idea for this?

If I get a chance tonight, Ill look at it a try to figure out an easy solution.

My invisiglass just arrived !

So, Ill have the game apart to make adjustments etc.

I really need to wax it...but we are playing the crap out of it!

#12388 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Does anyone else have this mod? The ball was clipping the barrel on the mod and jumping off the ramp. I have the Train Stop mod taped down as flush as possible to front of the original metal piece. I had to tweak the metal pretty hard to get the ball to completely clear the barrel and exit the ramp as intended. [quoted image]

No need to remove the barrel! When I installed my Mezel mods I dry ran the ball and it DID bump into the barrel. The mod mounts to a tin metal angle. All I did was with my hand realign the tb to clear better. Once I did that no problem at all.

#12389 11 months ago

Have people been waxing their playfields? My impression was that the factory coating kind of precluded the need for waxing. I've just been doing basic cleaning on the playfield and ramps with novus 1 and a microfiber cloth. I'm at over 2,000 plays. I've changed the balls out a couple of times. Anything else I should be doing?

Also, to update, I got those higher tension Ghostbusters springs and while the LC drop target doesn't drop on 100% of bricks, I have noticed an improvement.

#12390 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

But its annoying.

LTG any quick advice before I get home to look at it?

Pinballgoddess has a FIT if the ball hang kills her momentum.

#12391 11 months ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Have people been waxing their playfields? My impression was that the factory coating kind of precluded the need for waxing. I've just been doing basic cleaning on the playfield and ramps with novus 1 and a microfiber cloth. I'm at over 2,000 plays. I've changed the balls out a couple of times. Anything else I should be doing?
Also, to update, I got those higher tension Ghostbusters springs and while the LC drop target doesn't drop on 100% of bricks, I have noticed an improvement.

The factory coating, or clear coat, will last very many games before it needs to be buffed out.

Its not a magical material, its automotive clear coat.

This "paint" is not designed for rolling heavy steel balls over it. However it does indeed work very well.

Applying Wax over this paint (as recommended by auto manufacturers) will increase the life "dramatically" of the shine and appearance.

On a pinball machine the wax will keep black dust from grinding into the clear coat and help to keep the clear coat from getting hazy.

The "black dust" that appears, is mostly finely ground metal filings from the coil stops wearing. Its very abrasive.

Once applied the wax will trap dirt and can be removed with a light rub-down of Naptha, then re-applied.

In all cases its better to "wear out the wax" (which can be easily renewed) than wear the clear coat.

It takes quite a bit of effort to re-new the original appearance of automotive clear, using rubbing compounds and power buffers.

#12392 11 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

GCG really needs to change how these things are shipping out from factory.

They must have change it to easier than when mine was shipped. Mine was shipped with the outlanes all the way open. 3 balls, limited saves. I set the level bubble as suggested in the manual.

I didn't beat the game until I moved the outlanes to halfway and set it to five balls. Then I went on vacation. Now that I'm back I'll win it a few more times and go back to three balls.

IMHO Outlanes at half way are open enough that the ball drains if you aren't paying attention. If you are paying attention, you can usually nudge the ball safe. Keeps me on my toes.

#12393 11 months ago

Applying Wax over this paint (as recommended by auto manufacturers) will increase the life "dramatically" of the shine and appearance.

When should this be done? I've been playing mine unwaxed. (home user)

#12394 11 months ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Have people been waxing their playfields? My impression was that the factory coating kind of precluded the need for waxing. I've just been doing basic cleaning on the playfield and ramps with novus 1 and a microfiber cloth. I'm at over 2,000 plays.

I do the same and have no issues. I have 15+ year old games I bought NIB and never had an issue with not waxing.

#12395 11 months ago

Thanks for the info. Is there a particular product you recommend? And about how often do you remove and re-wax?

#12396 11 months ago
Quoted from undrdog:

When should this be done? I've been playing mine unwaxed. (home user)

I wax every 450 games.

I strip and re-wax every 900 games.

I change the balls out every 450 games (when I wax) or sooner if they look dull, they start to look like golf balls after about 600 games. This is way too long.

Blitz 1000 grand or P21S silver can it what I use.

Applied sparingly so that the amount applied looks like fingerprints on glass, no more.

You can NOT build coats of wax, the wax has a solvent in it to remove old wax during each application.

#12397 11 months ago

I do the same and have no issues. I have 15+ year old games I bought NIB and never had an issue with not waxing.

It all amounts to how many games played and how new you want the game to look.

Ive seen a lot of HUO games that were never waxed. If they were never played they look new. If they were played a lot, they have a hazy "not new" look to them. Its a pain the buff out hazy clear and often it has to be sanded to get the finish back.

To keep it looking new, I wouldnt go more than 450 plays before waxing and changing out the balls.

450 is a long time, 350 is way better.

People spend $25000 on custom paint for a car. The Car builder specifically calls for Wax to keep the finish "like new", still people balk at waxing.

#12398 11 months ago

For what it’s worth, I use Mothers pure carnauba wax on all my EMs. Figure I’ll use it on CCR, too.

#12399 11 months ago
Quoted from undrdog:

For what it’s worth, I use Mothers pure carnauba wax on all my EMs. Figure I’ll use it on CCR, too.

Its a good wax. Its mostly solvent though.

Good wax is more expensive as it has more wax in it and less solvent and soft wax additives like beeswax.

Blitz and P21S are "hard waxes in the cans.

I like them because I can put the minimun amount on the applicator and know that its wax and not solvent.

This minimal approach leaves WAY less white dust.

#12400 11 months ago

Its a good wax. Its mostly solvent though.
Good wax is more expensive as it has more wax in it and less solvent and soft wax additives like beeswax.
Blitz and P21S are "hard waxes in the cans.
I like them because I can put the minimun amount on the applicator and know that its wax and not solvent.
This minimal approach leaves WAY less white dust.

Mothers pure carnuba is also available as 100% carnuba hard wax in a can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/248 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.