(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 309.
#12301 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

I still have not gotten any response from CGC from this support ticket submitted about 3 weeks ago.
Playfield glass plastic channels are spaced too far apart. Glass falls out of one side.
Anyone else have this happen? [quoted image]

Try placing a long strip of electricians tape along the edge of the glass. It should tighten the fit.

#12302 11 months ago

I just bought invisiglass from pinball life.

It will be a nice enhancement.

#12303 11 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Try placing a long strip of electricians tape along the edge of the glass. It should tighten the fit.

Thick bamboo skewers works too while waiting for a response.

#12304 11 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

I don't think that would help.

If the glass was 3/16" wider (that's quite a bit), then it wouldn't fall out. But I have a standard piece of 21" wide Invisiglass in it right now.

#12305 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Thick bamboo skewers works too while waiting for a response.

Ya, but they fall all over the place everytime I take the glass out to add mods to the playfield

#12306 11 months ago

That's odd. I've seen glass too tight on another manufacturers games before, but never too loose. Width of glass should be 21".

#12307 11 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Also has anyone made a good shooter rod with a figure on it. Like Bart head on one would be cool on all my games I’ve got shooter rods that go with the game but can’t really find nothing for this one

I am currently working on one

#12308 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

I still have not gotten any response from CGC from this support ticket submitted about 3 weeks ago.

Please PM me the ticket number, and I'll try again.

Thank you,
LTG : )

#12309 11 months ago
Quoted from binary01:

That's odd. I've seen glass too tight on another manufacturers games before, but never too loose. Width of glass should be 21".

My glass is exactly 21” wide.

Here’s a pic I just took. Disregard the wooden skewer, it’s keeping the glass from falling out of the channel. I added a red line to the pic.

If your cabinet is measuring inside to inside (not including the GIANT chamfer they added on both sides that causing a lot of this trouble) more than just under 20-9/16”, then I would think your glass would fall out too.

IMG_2823 (resized).jpegIMG_2823 (resized).jpeg
#12310 11 months ago

For us patiently waiting in Australia LTG have you heard anything on when international games will ship. Figured I’d ask you as you have an inside track. Thanks and no worries if you haven’t heard.

#12311 11 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Thanks and no worries if you haven’t heard.

Sorry, no idea.

I'm in a different state and about 400 miles away. So it isn't something I run into doing tech support.

LTG : )

#12312 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Here’s a pic I just took. Disregard the wooden skewer, it’s keeping the glass from falling out of the channel. I added a red line to the pic.
If your cabinet is measuring inside to inside (not including the GIANT chamfer they added on both sides that causing a lot of this trouble) more than just under 20-9/16”, then I would think your glass would fall out too. [quoted image]

sounds like a defective lower cabinet.

My glass fits perfectly and tighter than many of my older games, game #608

CGC should just send you a lower cabinet.

Im confident you could switch the parts over.

Its not a perfect world, but thats what I would shoot for.

#12313 11 months ago

On the topper:

I wasnt going to post anything, but I LOVE THE TOPPER ! ! ! !

Its interactive with the game.

Players waiting for their turn are mesmerized by it, Its so much FUN!

Bart takes hits, aims a gun at you during shoot-outs,

Keels over when collected.

On top of that theres a little game too? INCREDIBLE ! I think its a must have if you can get it.

Impressive, imaginative, FUN and matches the game perfectly.

I think its well worth the money even if you get an SE+

I LOVE THIS GAME ! ! !

The team that designed it and coded the topper deserves some REAL credit.

CGC hits it out of the park with this game.

Thank you so much Sara at PPS for getting us this game!

#12314 11 months ago

What’s your tape measure distance from inside to inside walls of cabinet? Tricky to measure because of some grounding stuff and the chamfer.

#12315 11 months ago

Or, maybe an easier test, when you begin the slide the glass into your CCr by about 1/2”, how much side to side play in the plastic channels do you have?

A - very snug

B - tight, maybe 1/8” slop

C - hanging on for dear life, 1/16”

D - Able to fall out of one side channel onto chamfered wood cabinet side panel

#12316 11 months ago

FYI - I know there are a number of updates and additions needed in the FAQ. Been a lot more than expected going on since I got home and hope to get things done sometime next week. Sorry for the delays.

#12317 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

FYI - I know there are a number of updates and additions needed in the FAQ. Been a lot more than expected going on since I got home and hope to get things done sometime next week. Sorry for the delays.

The FAQ in this thread is very impressive. Used it quite a bit for a variety of things.

#12318 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Or, maybe an easier test, when you begin the slide the glass into your CCr by about 1/2”, how much side to side play in the plastic channels do you have?
A - very snug
B - tight, maybe 1/8” slop
C - hanging on for dear life, 1/16”
D - Able to fall out of one side channel onto chamfered wood cabinet side panel

B maybe a hair looser.

The glass feels pretty snug with very little, if any side play.

Just about perfect IMHO.

Im confident your LOWER cabinet is out of spec, or the glass channel slot is cut wrong.

If the cabinet was too wide the lockdown bar wouldnt fit.

#12319 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Playfield glass plastic channels are spaced too far apart. Glass falls out of one side.
Anyone else have this happen? [quoted image]

Have you tried calling them? Clearly the ticket system isn't working very well... 3 days is a long time let alone 3 weeks

#12320 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Have you tried calling them? Clearly the ticket system isn't working very well... 3 days is a long time let alone 3 weeks

Try 3 months…

#12321 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How about two months? Why the hell should he have to call when he is following the warranty process that CGC specified?

#12322 11 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I keep seeing people saying this game is easy and almost every time it's because all of the settings are toggled beyond easy, outlanes as closed as possible, with 5+ balls.
GCG really needs to change how these things are shipping out from factory.

My outlane posts shipped wide open. Are others not? Are some games delivered with them closed up?

#12323 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Took a month to get my response from CGC, by that time my Distributor sent me the part I needed so I didn't need them. Their support sucks !

#12324 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My outlane posts shipped wide open. Are others not? Are some games delivered with them closed up?

Mine are in the middle from factory.

#12325 11 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Took a month to get my response from CGC, by that time my Distributor sent me the part I needed so I didn't need them. Their support sucks !

I second that... Sent many emails wanting to know if my NIB machine will be covered since I was not the original purchaser but the first to open the boxes.
...no response...Nothing... no return email... the worst!

#12326 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

I second that... Sent many emails wanting to know if my NIB machine will be covered since I was not the original purchaser but the first to open the boxes.

Should be if it wasn’t registered before you.

#12327 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Did you mail in the registration card?

#12328 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Mine are in the middle.

It seems ok there.

I lowered my playfield insert brightness to -2.

Multi-ball effects were too blinding at -1

It seems a bit better.

#12329 11 months ago

Are you supposed to get a response via email to validate registration is complete or do we just cross our fingers? Sent mine in weeks ago.

#12330 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Mine was also shipped with outlane posts wide open. Pitch set to 7.2. It can be brutal

#12331 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

If your cabinet is measuring inside to inside (not including the GIANT chamfer they added on both sides that causing a lot of this trouble) more than just under 20-9/16”, then I would think your glass would fall out too. [quoted image]

Audihere, I believe CGC owe's you a PF cabinet,

here are my measurements of my CCLE

1-2 pics are from where the tape measure is in the channel on the other side so about 21 1/4 from inside to inside of the glass T channel. The 3-4 pics are measured from the outside armor to armor

I hope this helps you. PM me if you need any pics.
001 (resized).jpg001 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg

#12332 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It looks like there is no set position based on different responses I guess. Better to be wide open than too closed imo.

#12333 11 months ago

Mine are in the middle.
It seems ok there.
I lowered my playfield insert brightness to -2.
Multi-ball effects were too blinding at -1
It seems a bit better.

Try turning off the LED flashers completely, and I highly recommend turning off Interactive GI in favor of doing warm/custom RGB - The game looks really nice this way , warm based on the reds in the playfield at the costs of losing illuminated bad guy targets (worth it imo)

#12334 11 months ago

Did you mail in the registration card?

Affirmative

#12335 11 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Try turning off the LED flashers completely, and I highly recommend turning off Interactive GI in favor of doing warm/custom RGB - The game looks really nice this way , warm based on the reds in the playfield at the costs of losing illuminated bad guy targets (worth it imo)

No way man, I love the RGB, IT ROCKS !

#12336 11 months ago

Number 641 was delivered today!

20230517_140404 (resized).jpg20230517_140404 (resized).jpg
#12337 11 months ago

Mine is #603 and I have never had glass tighter, but this is my first NIB! Love this game so freaking much. "Shoot the bad guy!"

#12338 11 months ago

No way man, I love the RGB, IT ROCKS !

The magical way the color scheme progresses throughout the game is worth the price of admission.

#12339 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Easier to just get a new glass wider instead of 533mm get 538mm less than 1/4 inch

#12340 11 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

For us patiently waiting in Australia LTG have you heard anything on when international games will ship. Figured I’d ask you as you have an inside track. Thanks and no worries if you haven’t heard.

we are hearing June Production

#12341 11 months ago

B maybe a hair tighter.
The glass feels pretty snug with very little, if any side play.
Just about perfect IMHO.

In comparison:

My Metallica has no chamfer and plastic channel goes all the way to the edge.

JJP GnR has no chamfer and plastic channel is about 1/32” from the edge.

Quoted from Ballypinball:

Easier to just get a new glass wider instead of 533mm get 538mm less than 1/4 inch

Does Invisiglass or PDI offer wider sizes like that for same price point?

#12342 11 months ago

I had reserved a CCRSE+
Unfortunately, until today no statement could be called to a delivery date.

In the meantime, I had the opportunity to play a CC and I was a bit disappointed.
At the same time I had the chance to play a #1 Pinball from another company and I have to say: For the same money you get much more Pinball elsewhere.
Meanwhile I have the other machine here in my gameroom and I am extremely satisfied. My deposit for the CC I will now get back.
Sorry
This is what happens when companies take too long to deliver to their customers.

Over and out

#12343 11 months ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

I had reserved a CCRSE+
Unfortunately, until today no statement could be called to a delivery date.
In the meantime, I had the opportunity to play a CC and I was a bit disappointed.
At the same time I had the chance to play a #1 Pinball from another company and I have to say: For the same money you get much more Pinball elsewhere.
Meanwhile I have the other machine here in my gameroom and I am extremely satisfied. My deposit for the CC I will now get back.
Sorry
This is what happens when companies take too long to deliver to their customers.
Over and out

Not every game is for everyone. Glad you found something else that you liked. Happy flipping!

#12344 11 months ago

There is a new mod available for our beloved Cactus Canyon. Take a look.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1510-creekside-hideaway-llc/08559-shooter-guide-label

There have been times when I have played and needed to get promoted or reach a specific option while shooting the ball. The current Cactus Canyon guide space is a blank wasteland. The designed piece is now an available mod to upgrade. This label complements the denim theme with various bullets to aid in your shot.

$10 plus Free shipping to lower 48 states.

Shooter guide (resized).jpgShooter guide (resized).jpg

#12345 11 months ago

Has anyone had any issues with the right loop top switch activating when the ball is in pop bumpers and/or just with cabinet vibrations? Curious how to fix

#12346 11 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Has anyone had any issues with the right loop top switch activating when the ball is in pop bumpers and/or just with cabinet vibrations? Curious how to fix

Yes loose connector on board, follow the black wires back to board and reseat. Could also put it in test mode and bang on the playfield to see exactly which switch wire. Mine the game would go kinda crazy and score all kinds of random points.

#12347 11 months ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Yes loose connector on board, follow the black wires back to board and reseat. Could also put it in test mode and bang on the playfield to see exactly which switch wire. Mine the game would go kinda crazy and score all kinds of random points.

Dumb question, board in back box I assume?

#12348 11 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

under playfield

#12349 11 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

When you find the loose connector, you should re-seat it and then stick it down with a couple dots of hot glue. My left sling/rollover connector popped back off within a day of re-seating it. Two dots of glue and she's goin' nowhere.

#12350 11 months ago
Quoted from polishedball:

When my new game arrived, I had checked all connectors and found a few crooked ones, not completely disconnected though, and re-seated them. I also pulled up on the bundled harness that runs up thru the middle of the back box for some slack, as the wires were slightly taught running to the board connectors. The FAQ section on the first page of this thread mentions connectors and is an excellent reference put together well by @jfh, that contains a lot of good information.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
7,000 (Firm)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/247?hl=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.