(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,400 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 383 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 308.
#12201 11 months ago

OK, embarrassing question. After playing a mess of games on my CCLE a friend came over and commented that it played hyper fast. I said I was so excited about playing I just raised the back legs a bit and played. Well I just measured the pitch and I wanted to set it to the Manual spec of 6.5 or 7. It was at 14!
I know this sounds lame but I can't seem to adjust the legs to get near 7 degrees. Normally games have the rear levelers extended more and the fronts shorter. That was when at 14 degrees. I then bottomed the rears and raised the fronts. I was able to get down to 12. What the heck is wrong? I have never had this happen before. This is my first NIB game. I would think lowering rear vs front should not make a difference. All 4 legs have the same protectors so that is not a factor. The legs are all the same right?

L1 (resized).jpgL1 (resized).jpgL2 (resized).jpgL2 (resized).jpg

#12202 11 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

OK, embarrassing question. After playing a mess of games on my CCLE a friend came over and commented that it played hyper fast. I said I was so excited about playing I just raised the back legs a bit and played. Well I just measured the pitch and I wanted to set it to the Manual spec of 6.5 or 7. It was at 14!
I know this sounds lame but I can't seem to adjust the legs to get near 7 degrees. Normally games have the rear levelers extended more and the fronts shorter. That was when at 14 degrees. I then bottomed the rears and raised the fronts. I was able to get down to 12. What the heck is wrong? I have never had this happen before. This is my first NIB game. I would think lowering rear vs front should not make a difference. All 4 legs have the same protectors so that is not a factor. The legs are all the same right?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Others are not having too much trouble with this.

Is the floor terribly uneven?

Are you mesuring on the playfield, not on the glass?

You cant possibly set it right by measuring off the glass, it will be WAY off.

I wont have my game until next week, so Im probably of little help.

#12203 11 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I can't seem to adjust the legs to get near 7 degrees.

What in heavens name are you measuring the pitch with ?

Maybe your measuring device is off ?

LTG : )

#12204 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Others are not having too much trouble with this.
Is the floor terribly uneven?
Are you mesuring on the playfield, not on the glass?
You cant possibly set it right by measuring off the glass, it will be WAY off.
I wont have my game until next week, so Im probably of little help.

Yep measuring off the glass LOL. re-calculating... Thanks

#12205 11 months ago

Yep needs to be on the playfield between the flippers is best start.

I use the PinGuy app on my phone but be sure to calibrate it first.

#12206 11 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

My Pleasure
Cmon Man
SHARE A VICTORY PICTURE OF THAT AMAZING BACKGLASS !!
It traveled the entire country lawman
Hope you enjoy it

I seriously tried several times and cannot get a pic that looks anything like it does in person. I'll try again tomorrow and post

#12207 11 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Yep measuring off the glass LOL. re-calculating... Thanks

The easiest way I’ve found to pitch and level a machine. Get a 9 inch plastic bubble level and a digital inclinometer off Amazon. Preferably the rectangular style inclinometer for about $30. Take the plastic bubble level and rest it in between the slings, making sure it’s perpendicular to the pitch (front to back) axis. Gently place the inclinometer on top of and in the center of the level making an upside down T.

Have someone stand up top and read the pitch and level while you crawl around underneath adjusting the legs. Use your upper back to push while you turn the levelers.

Maybe there’s a better way but after you do it a few times it can be accomplished pretty quickly. Having an extra person just keeps you from crawling in and out from under the machine repeatedly.

#12208 11 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I second this free app named PinGuy. It has all the items required to to set pitch and yaw of your play field and you can set what angle you desire. it has voice direction telling you how far off you are from your set point so you can be under the game adjusting as it directs you. Works well after cal with bubble level.

IMG_2453 (resized).jpgIMG_2453 (resized).jpg
#12209 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

I second this free app named PinGuy. It has all the items required to to set pitch and yaw of your play field and you can set what angle you desire. it has voice direction telling you how far off you are from your set point so you can be under the game adjusting as it directs you. Works well after cal with bubble level.
[quoted image]

AND once it learns your glass angle you don’t need to take the glass off, only issue now is the iPhone I have is not flat on the back as the camera lens sticks out, so need to compensate for that.

#12210 11 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

AND once it learns your glass angle you don’t need to take the glass off, only issue now is the iPhone I have is not flat on the back as the camera lens sticks out, so need to compensate for that.

My phone too is not flat due to the cameras protruding so I set a domino down flat on the PF and the phone on top of that where the camera does not interfere.

#12211 11 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Here are some pictures of Polly installed.

Shouldn't polly be on the rail road tracks? Only bummer is that the train would interfere with her

#12212 11 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Shouldn't polly be on the rail road tracks? Only bummer is that the train would interfere with her

There is a mode where she is tied to a log going down a river I believe.

#12213 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

And a mode where she is held hostage by bank robbers.

#12214 11 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

And a mode where she is held hostage by bank robbers.

Polly gets around

#12215 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

My phone too is not flat due to the cameras protruding so I set a domino down flat on the PF and the phone on top of that where the camera does not interfere.

Try a phone protector/case which usually keeps the camera off the surface. Once you install the case then you just have to recalibrate your phone with your new case on. I have a $5 store near me with tons of options to choose from…cheap snd easy.

#12216 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

[quoted image]

That looks pretty cool especially the voice function. The first time I tried using a phone app to set up a machine was not so pleasant. This was several years and what forced me to go old school with purpose built tools.

#12217 11 months ago

Well happy Friday everyone!! I was leaving to go do some running and there was a Panama transfer truck sitting in my driveway. I didn't get a call to schedule delivery or had any idea it was coming today! Turns out they had my number wrong by one digit so couldn't get a hold of me, ha! Just got the email yesterday from Sara saying it was shipped out so I figured it'd be next week sometime! That was crazy fast shipping! Great start to the weekend!

20230512_120235 (resized).jpg20230512_120235 (resized).jpg
#12218 11 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Have someone stand up top and read the pitch and level while you crawl around underneath adjusting the legs. Use your upper back to push while you turn the levelers.

Quoted from EDUB919:

Maybe there’s a better way

May I suggest you stand on top and have someone else crawl around underneath adjusting the leg levelers.

Be sure leg nuts are tight. And the nut on the leg leveler. Once you have it where you like the level and pitch, tighten the nut on the leg leveler up to the bottom of the leg.

#12219 11 months ago

Mirror bg came this morning . It’s beautiful. Tried taking pics, but wasn’t able to capture the mirroring well.

#12220 11 months ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Well happy Friday everyone!! I was leaving to go do some running and there was a Panama transfer truck sitting in my driveway. I didn't get a call to schedule delivery or had any idea it was coming today! Turns out they had my number wrong by one digit so couldn't get a hold of me, ha! Just got the email yesterday from Sara saying it was shipped out so I figured it'd be next week sometime! That was crazy fast shipping! Great start to the weekend!
[quoted image]

Were there any other cactus canyons in the truck? I’m hoping to get mine next week, your house would be on their way from Chicago to Oregon.

#12221 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

May I suggest you stand on top and have someone else crawl around underneath adjusting the leg levelers.
Be sure leg nuts are tight. And the nut on the leg leveler. Once you have it where you like the level and pitch, tighten the nut on the leg leveler up to the bottom of the leg.

Ahhhh yes!! That’s why they pay you the big bucks.

#12222 11 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Were there any other cactus canyons in the truck? your house would be on their way from Chicago to Oregon.

Imagine me like

53454CD5-EA12-4240-9BCA-03A33DE6B8B2.gif53454CD5-EA12-4240-9BCA-03A33DE6B8B2.gif
#12223 11 months ago

Well my game arrived a couple of days ago, and I have to say I’m excited for those waiting - it’s a beautiful machine! Being my first new game, I took my time going thru it checking connectors and removing any dust from inside the back box and cabinet before plugging it in and playing it last night. I ordered cabinet game blade protectors to eliminate possibility of scratching the artwork, and won’t raise the playfield again until I get them. That being said, here’s what happened last night. I looked in the FAQ section and it wasn’t addressed, and I’m not sure if its anywhere in previous comments. On my final game, I lost a ball - I think it was the second one. It was flying across from the bash toy area towards the right, somewhere under the track area. I took my eyes off of it for a second, and it was gone! Then I heard a thud, thinking ok, it dropped into the cabinet. After several unsuccessful ball searches, the game goes into a neat feature I read about in the manual - ball chase, where the next ball is launched to continue gameplay rather than search endlessly for a lost ball. As I don’t want to raise the playfield, I opened the coin door today and used a telescopic mirror to find the ball. Sure enough, it rolled down and is rested on the upper side of the power supply. Any ideas on how this could have happened?

#12224 11 months ago
Quoted from binary01:

Well my game arrived a couple of days ago, and I have to say I’m excited for those waiting - it’s a beautiful machine! Being my first new game, I took my time going thru it checking connectors and removing any dust from inside the back box and cabinet before plugging it in and playing it last night. I ordered cabinet game blade protectors to eliminate possibility of scratching the artwork, and won’t raise the playfield again until I get them. That being said, here’s what happened last night. I looked in the FAQ section and it wasn’t addressed, and I’m not sure if its anywhere in previous comments. On my final game, I lost a ball - I think it was the second one. It was flying across from the bash toy area towards the right, somewhere under the track area. I took my eyes off of it for a second, and it was gone! Then I heard a thud, thinking ok, it dropped into the cabinet. After several unsuccessful ball searches, the game goes into a neat feature I read about in the manual - ball chase, where the next ball is launched to continue gameplay rather than search endlessly for a lost ball. As I don’t want to raise the playfield, I opened the coin door today and used a telescopic mirror to find the ball. Sure enough, it rolled down and is rested on the upper side of the power supply. Any ideas on how this could have happened?

Flipper power too high.

#12225 11 months ago

Everything is at factory settings, and I haven’t done any kind of adjustments in the menus. I can’t figure where the ball could go from above, to below the playfield.

#12226 11 months ago
Quoted from binary01:

Everything is at factory settings, and I haven’t done any kind of adjustments in the menus. I can’t figure where the ball could go from above, to below the playfield.

What's the pitch set to? Maybe try raising the back to 6.5-7 degrees if not already. Not sure where it could have snuck through unless it jumped through the backside of the playfield.

#12227 11 months ago

I have one of those round plastic inclinometers with the pointer. While not the most accurate, it reads around 6.5, 7. And the built in bubble indicator on the game is to the second line from the bottom, as the manual recommends. I hadn't seen an airball towards the back, and not even sure if there's clearance for a ball to fit thru.

#12228 11 months ago
Quoted from binary01:

I have one of those round plastic inclinometers with the pointer. While not the most accurate, it reads around 6.5, 7. And the built in bubble indicator on the game is to the second line from the bottom, as the manual recommends. I hadn't seen an airball towards the back, and not even sure if there's clearance for a ball to fit thru.

Has it happened again since? There have been a few reports of the return scoop bracket assembly at the gold mine coming loose... perhaps there's a gap there as a result? Hard to say without looking.

#12229 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Camera or not once you calibrate it with the camera; it’s at zero

#12230 11 months ago

Does anyone know what size socket wrench i need to remove the nut on the outlane posts?

#12231 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Not aware of this one - you have a link?

#12232 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not aware of this one - you have a link?

Check the FAQ.

#12233 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone know what size socket wrench i need to remove the nut on the outlane posts?

3/8ths

#12234 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

3/8ths

I tried a 3/8ths and it couldn't get the nut to turn at all.

#12235 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Did it fit on the nut ?

#12236 11 months ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Has it happened again since? There have been a few reports of the return scoop bracket assembly at the gold mine coming loose... perhaps there's a gap there as a result? Hard to say without looking.

I haven’t the chance to play it since, but have an idea to protect the blade art so I can raise the PF. Poster board would work, but since I don’t have any, I’ll cut up some gift boxes. It’s around the same thickness.

#12237 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Try 11/32nds…not a standard size that comes with most socket/wrench sets.

#12238 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

There’s a playfield graphic of such but the mode has her tied up in a canoe.

#12239 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

There’s a playfield graphic of such but the mode has her tied up in a canoe

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12240 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Quoted from LTG:

Did it fit on the nut ?

I just tried a 3/8ths nut driver and a 3/8ths socket, both fit the nut perfectly.

#12241 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I just tried a 3/8ths nut driver and a 3/8ths socket, both fit the nut perfectly.

I tried a 3/8th's again and still no luck. Im going to pick up a new driver tomorrow and see if i have luck. I appreciate all the help though

Quoted from EDUB919:

Try 11/32nds…not a standard size that comes with most socket/wrench sets.

I'll try that as well. Thanks.

#12242 11 months ago

Too odd/good not to post. Played Cactus Canyon tonight for the very first time on my buddy’s new machine. Beat it on my first ball. Beginners luck for sure! For perspective, I’ve owned MM and MB since they were first released and have yet to beat either one.

IMG_1458 (resized).jpegIMG_1458 (resized).jpegIMG_1459 (resized).jpegIMG_1459 (resized).jpeg

#12243 11 months ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Too odd/good not to post. Played Cactus Canyon tonight for the very first time on my buddy’s new machine. Beat it on my first ball. Beginners luck for sure! For perspective,
I’ve owned MM and MB since they were first released and have yet to beat either one.

Maybe tighten up the settings a bit, open the outlanes etc.

Clear the high score and try again.

A game thats too easy is no fun. I has to be challenging but not impossible.

The defaults are pretty liberal.

Several people have changed the settings to harder, and limited the extra balls.

I had the same trouble with Theater of Magic.

Finished the game on ball one with a 4 billion score on a 3 ball game.

Tightening it up a bit made it a lot more fun.

#12244 11 months ago

That would be a cool mod, with the canoe and all.

#12245 11 months ago

You can also find Polly on pinside shops.

Polly-Market1 (resized).jpgPolly-Market1 (resized).jpg
#12246 11 months ago

Mine came set with the outlanes fully open. I set the level as recommended in the manual and on three balls. Got the game in October. Couldn’t finish the game. A few weeks ago I set it to five balls and closed the outlanes half way. Then I finally beat it on ball four.

#12247 11 months ago
Quoted from binary01:

Had the same thing happen to me on one of my first three games with my CCRLe. It's only happened twice in like 100 games.

I have occassional issues with the center clear ramp. If I enter that ramp at a high rate of speed sometime the ball hits the edge of the ramp cover plastic and comes back down.

I believe the two times the ball dropped into the cabinet, I launched the ball up and over the back playfield vertical graphics wall on the right side.
There is just enough gap for a ball to make it over that.

#12249 11 months ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

What's the pitch set to? Maybe try raising the back to 6.5-7 degrees if not already. Not sure where it could have snuck through unless it jumped through the backside of the playfield.

Well pardner, you were right! It was a speeding bullet (so fast, I didn’t see it) that ricocheted off the top of the plastic and over the top of the backboard into the cabinet. Theres a mark showing the likely place where it exited. The gap is wide enough for a ball to easily pass through. If it happens again, I might add a strip of wood to narrow the gap.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Flipper power too high.

I think you’re correct and will dial down the flipper power a notch. The ball does some crazy hopping/jumping around the Bart bash toy area. Also, I too am having the same issue as others have mentioned about the pop up targets not always dropping when hit straight on with full force. An adjustment to the flipper coils might resolve the problem.

AE0D50F6-11FB-4DE1-9BBF-0B198BD39A66 (resized).jpegAE0D50F6-11FB-4DE1-9BBF-0B198BD39A66 (resized).jpeg
#12250 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

You was right. I bought a new driver set and the nut came right off. Thank you for your help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,795 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/245?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.