(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 309.
#11901 12 months ago
Quoted from EStroh:

New owner as of this week and I'm experiencing the same thing. My last three (made) shots to the drop targets resulted in 3 direct SDTM rebounds with no ball save. Is there supposed to be a ball save timer here? I'm avoiding the shootouts because of this.

I believe there is supposed to be a ball save time, however I've tried to increase the ball save time multiple times to no success. There's an option under adjustments.

Part of the problem appears to be that the ball does not instantly drain due to the speed of the rebound. The ball often floats in the left drain lane behind the flippers on my game. I'm assuming that by the time it actually drains, whatever timer is set has expired.

#11902 12 months ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I believe there is supposed to be a ball save time, however I've tried to increase the ball save time multiple times to no success. There's an option under adjustments.
Part of the problem appears to be that the ball does not instantly drain due to the speed of the rebound. The ball often floats in the left drain lane behind the flippers on my game. I'm assuming that by the time it actually drains, whatever timer is set has expired.

They have the usual ball save timer adjustments in the menu, just not for Gunfight and QuickDraw. That ball save timer is either fixed or I'm incapable of navigating the adjustments menu...

#11903 12 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I'm not interested in doing 'good enough' on this project, especially regarding the circumstances surrounding it. I owe it Lyman and I owe it to myself to finish off the totality of our complete vision for the game, and that's what I intend on doing regardless of how long it takes to get it done.

Thank you Josh.

I’ve marked this as a key post and will update the FAQ upgrade section.

That you intend to see this is completed as you both envisioned is not only a tribute to you but to Lyman who spent hundreds of hours of his own time to finish and/or improve many of his games long after the manufacturer considered the game complete.

#11904 12 months ago

Are you hinting at CGC's next remake?

bugs (resized).jpgbugs (resized).jpg
#11905 12 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

You do that in the games software. Not an update. Do that in Utilities.
LTG : )

Hi LGT
The utilities screen prompts me to insert SD card with the message i created on it...

#11906 12 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

The utilities screen prompts me to insert SD card with the message i created on it...

Download the MBR manual, that has info on making a little message for the small window on the display panel.

#11907 12 months ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Success!
Here is the baseline ball hop. No bueno.
For reference, the first picture shows the relationship between the inlane guide and the flipper. Almost perfectly aligned.[quoted image]
The second is a before picture of the ball against the guide. Almost perfectly centered.
[quoted image]
Next is the before measurement, followed by the after. I raised it approximately 3mm.[quoted image][quoted image]
Now you see the difference. The guide is well above the center of the ball.[quoted image]
And here is the after video. Almost no hop!
Had my flipper position been above the guide this might not have worked(although I suspect it would have still helped) so YMMV. Still worth a shot, though!

That's one shiny playfield! Also, did you happen to chip the clearcoat after raising the ball guide?

#11908 12 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Download the MBR manual, that has info on making a little message for the small window on the display panel.

Thanks I will D/L it and have a look!

#11909 12 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thank you Josh.

I’ve marked this as a key post and will update the FAQ upgrade section.

That you intend to see this is completed as you both envisioned is not only a tribute to you but to Lyman who spent hundreds of hours of his own time to finish and/or improve many of his games long after the manufacturer considered the game complete.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11910 12 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Since the unfortunate passing of Lyman the only work that has been done the last 15 months was the putting together of the "to-do list" of what's left to finish the upgrade. The number of people that have been working full time on design, software, graphics and audio has been . . . ZERO.
Everyone on the CGC side was already set with their 2022 plans (Pulp Fiction development among other things). It was on Lyman and myself to pull this through in 2022 and that of course didn't happen.
Now that CGC is through most of that other 2022 work, I'm hopeful that there will be some serious progress made during this year because resources should finally be available.
For the record, there is already a ton of upgraded content that is in the game. IMO there's already enough upgraded content that I feel confident we could ship what's in my game today and people would absolutely enjoy it.
However, I'm not interested in doing 'good enough' on this project, especially regarding the circumstances surrounding it. I owe it Lyman and I owe it to myself to finish off the totality of our complete vision for the game, and that's what I intend on doing regardless of how long it takes to get it done.

Disappointing but understandable. Honestly, we just appreciate the transparency and communication. I'm glad to hear that it's still planned - even if it is later than we hoped.

#11911 12 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

That's one shiny playfield! Also, did you happen to chip the clearcoat after raising the ball guide?

Are you asking if lifting the ball guide caused lifting of the surrounding clear coat?

#11912 12 months ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Are you asking if lifting the ball guide caused lifting of the surrounding clear coat?

I think that is what he is asking. Lifting the ball guide that little of an amount shouldn't be an issue with chipping the clear coat.

#11913 12 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Thanks I will D/L it and have a look!

I am not sure the procedure is the same, see info from both manuals...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11914 12 months ago

If anyone is looking for a cactus canyon LE NIB I have one coming in soon that i will be selling. Not looking to scalp anyone just going to sell it for what i was charged. $10,400 after tax and shipping. Or if you would like the spot and order directly from the distributor. It would only be $2k deposit+$500 transfer fee. The game is already en route to distributor.

#11915 12 months ago
Quoted from EStroh:

New owner as of this week and I'm experiencing the same thing. My last three (made) shots to the drop targets resulted in 3 direct SDTM rebounds with no ball save. Is there supposed to be a ball save timer here? I'm avoiding the shootouts because of this.

I had this too, I asked back then and was told no, I quickly learned to hit the edges and not dead on, alleviating the problem for the most part.

#11916 12 months ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I had this too, I asked back then and was told no, I quickly learned to hit the edges and not dead on, alleviating the problem for the most part.

I think the risk/reward and anticipating the lightning-fast rebound and reacting with a well-timed slap save is one of the more exciting and rewarding aspects of the gameplay.

#11917 12 months ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Success!
Here is the baseline ball hop. No bueno.
For reference, the first picture shows the relationship between the inlane guide and the flipper. Almost perfectly aligned.[quoted image]
The second is a before picture of the ball against the guide. Almost perfectly centered.
[quoted image]
Next is the before measurement, followed by the after. I raised it approximately 3mm.[quoted image][quoted image]
Now you see the difference. The guide is well above the center of the ball.[quoted image]
And here is the after video. Almost no hop!
Had my flipper position been above the guide this might not have worked(although I suspect it would have still helped) so YMMV. Still worth a shot, though!

This absolutely worked for me too! Just made the adjustment tonight too! Big win! Thanks to the awesome pinsider who pointed that out. I think it was SlapDrain

Thanks again!!

#11918 12 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

This absolutely worked for me too! Just made the adjustment tonight too! Big win! Thanks to the awesome pinsider who pointed that out. I think it was SlapDrain
Thanks again!!

Glad i could help! Any game with this style inlane guide can have the same adjustment performed if needed.

#11919 12 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks again!!

Thanks for reporting! It is encouraging that my solution has been reproduced!

Slapdrain did inspire my solution, but rather than position the guide to the center of the ball, I had the inspiration that raising the guide further would leverage the curve in the ball guide to reverse the trajectory of the ball as it exited the guide. It was a group effort!

#11920 12 months ago

My CCrLE from PPS is ready to ship!

#11921 12 months ago

Live stream tomorrow night!

Edit: oops! Wrong thread!! Lol
D36F0A95-7C6F-4B1B-8807-E5234B3FD092 (resized).jpegD36F0A95-7C6F-4B1B-8807-E5234B3FD092 (resized).jpeg

#11922 12 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Live stream tomorrow night!
Edit: oops! Wrong thread!! Lol
[quoted image]

Brings back memories. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/191#post-7370779

#11923 12 months ago

I also just got my invoice notification!

Now I have to sell my Houdini....!

I need the room!

#11924 12 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I also just got my invoice notification!

Now I have to sell my Houdini....!

I need the room!

got a project Addams for Sale ???????

#11925 12 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

got a project Addams for Sale ???????

Lol, Not yet.

But a restored one coming up!

#11926 12 months ago

Where we at for production #s of the LEs? I have not seen many numbers coming threw on this thread of late... hoping that CGC is still pumping these out!

#11927 12 months ago
Quoted from Canadian12:

Where we at for production #s of the LEs? hoping that CGC is still pumping these out!

SN 25!

Of PF that is. Amirite?

#11928 12 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

SN 25!

Of PF that is. Amirite?

Hahaha I sure hope not... but you're probably right, in a sense.

#11929 12 months ago

Got my PPS notification as well.

#11930 12 months ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Thanks for reporting! It is encouraging that my solution has been reproduced!
Slapdrain did inspire my solution, but rather than position the guide to the center of the ball, I had the inspiration that raising the guide further would leverage the curve in the ball guide to reverse the trajectory of the ball as it exited the guide. It was a group effort!

Yeah, interestingly I raised mine up too far on accident, before I read your excellent post! It really is smooth as butter.

#11931 12 months ago

Is it me or is CC an easy shooter? I have a TMNT and it’s really hard and I’m not getting rid of it because I’m motivated to get the hang of the shots. On my CC I have a ton of fun, I get about 2 extra balls per game and I shoot out frequently. I’m not saying it’s a bad game because it’s easy. In fact it’s incredibly fun. I just don’t know if I click with this title or if everyone is having an easy time too.

#11932 12 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Is it me or is CC an easy shooter? I have a TMNT and it’s really hard and I’m not getting rid of it because I’m motivated to get the hang of the shots. On my CC I have a ton of fun, I get about 2 extra balls per game and I shoot out frequently. I’m not saying it’s a bad game because it’s easy. In fact it’s incredibly fun. I just don’t know if I click with this title or if everyone is having an easy time too.

I think it comes down to how you have it setup, I have more than quadrupled my home high score on others machines. But yes an easy layout

#11933 12 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

CCr is an easy shooter once you learn where the shots are. TMNT still mystifies me. 007 is getting there too. I logged hundreds of games on my TMNT and still don't know exactly where the Krang shot is. Same with the Lair. It's a lot of shots divvied up across 3 flippers. Meanwhile on CCr you have less shots and only 2 flippers. End result is wider shots that are more forgiving.

Problem is that with TMNT you're probably never going to see the end of the game. Cowabunga is virtually impossible to collect due to Triple Krang and Triple Mondo... let alone beating 8 modes, getting through Team Up, completing Final Battle, and then the rest of the Cowabunga requirements. It's just too much to ask in a single player game, especially since some of the items feel like sheer luck when you get them normally.

With CCr you can easily get to High Noon because the five requirements are all reasonable "asks" of the game. Not one is a given in a single game, but all can be planned out and achieved on any given ball. Do I wish High Noon was a bit harder to reach? Absolutely. As stated a few days ago, I wish the upper levels of the achievements got a bit progressively harder, but it is what it is. Right now I can get to High Noon let's say 20% of the time which is probably too often to be able to beat a game. But it's way better than the 0.0000000% for TMNT.

(FWIW I did get to Cowabunga twice playing solo in a 4-player Co-Op game w/ EB's, but it's still virtually impossible.)

#11934 12 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Have you made any software adjustments?

I noticed that Showdown is achieved very easily out of the box.
Factory setting for Q Draw difficulty is “extra easy”, Light Q Draw difficulty is “easy”. I never had to actively shoot for the “lite quick draw” targets which is not the way it should be. There should be a point in the game where you have to choose to shoot those targets to progress to Showdown.

10 Combos works ok for me. It is usually the last objective I need to complete.

3 Bart Brothers is probably ok but I will be trying 4.

I would make extra balls harder to achieve also.

Ball save time isn’t too long, but that could be lowered.

Then make any physical adjustments you prefer to make it more challenging to keep out of control balls in play and you should feel adequately challenged unless you’re a world class player.

#11935 12 months ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Factory setting for Q Draw difficulty is “extra easy”, Light Q Draw difficulty is “easy”. I never had to actively shoot for the “lite quick draw” targets which is not the way it should be. There should be a point in the game where you have to choose to shoot those targets to progress to Showdown.
Then make any physical adjustments you prefer to make it more challenging to keep out of control balls in play and you should feel adequately challenged unless you’re a world class player.

One change I did make is change the timer on gunfights so you basically only get one shot at it. Stock setting if you missed you generally had enough time to get the ball back under control and try again.

I also changed extra balls to max 1 per ball in play, instead of factory unlimited.

not huge changes, but makes a little tougher.

#11936 12 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If anyone is looking for a cactus canyon LE NIB I have one coming in soon that i will be selling. Not looking to scalp anyone just going to sell it for what i was charged. $10,400 after tax and shipping. Or if you would like the spot and order directly from the distributor. It would only be $2k deposit+$500 transfer fee. The game is already en route to distributor.

Sent you a PM

#11937 12 months ago

We are officially in the 600's fellas, #600 is shipping today! Almost halfway done (this is the highest # I heard of yet)

#11938 12 months ago

Very cool. I have heard I am not far behind, but have not received the golden ticket call yet. It would be cool if by some miracle I was able to get #626 which is our anniversary.

#11939 12 months ago

I’m a realist, what are you?

649DF9BB-2537-493E-ACE8-B763247CE585 (resized).jpeg649DF9BB-2537-493E-ACE8-B763247CE585 (resized).jpeg
#11940 12 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Are your outlanes wide open? Change the ball saves, timers, and extra ball rewards.
And I'm not saying you're doing this, but I've literally seen people say this on many games only to find out they set theirs up with 5 balls per game.....

#11941 12 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Very cool. I have heard I am not far behind, but have not received the golden ticket call yet. It would be cool if by some miracle I was able to get #626 which is our anniversary.

Talk to your distributor. Many times if they are getting games in one batch the numbers are sequential so on the off chance he gets games games in the 620s make sure he knows you want 626.

Good luck!

#11942 12 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

If one is a realist, is the glass half full or half empty?

#11943 12 months ago

I don’t usually change settings from the factory other than making it a 5 ball game. I love playing and I’m not trying to impress anyone I just want a decent game time. I think I’ll go in a change any easy setting to a medium level difficulty. I think this is, without a doubt, another home run from Chicago Gaming. I hope one day they remake TOTAN. Unfortunately Pulp Fiction is not exactly a family friendly title so it won’t be joining my collection. yet I’m ok with Elvira’s “suggestive” illustrations/videos. Lol.

Quoted from alveolus:

#11944 12 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

If one is a realist, is the glass half full or half empty?

At 626+ I will have waited longer for my game than the majority of other owners. However, the probability of getting an email from my distributor goes up with each passing day.

#11945 12 months ago

I waited 1 day for my NIB LE .....But it cost me 11K

#11946 12 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image]

I'm an engineer, so I say the glass is too big.

#11947 12 months ago

Does anyone have any idea when the first CCR LE models will be shipped to Europe.....

Only rumours i heard were telling late summer 2023

#11948 12 months ago
Quoted from MrBrownstone:

Only rumours i heard were telling late summer 2023

Apparently 3rd quarter for Canada , till its UL is completed no one knows .

#11949 12 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I sold my TMNT and replaced with CCR. Feel like most pins are going to be easier than TMNT. It’s a smooth shooter and has some satisfying shots - when you make them (Krang combos, etc…). Felt like more luck than anything though when some of the crazy combos would hit. Just wasn’t getting a ton of joy from it though for a few reasons. I have longer ball times with CCR and I enjoy playing it a lot more but I also prefer classic Williams style 2 flipper shooters.

#11950 12 months ago

The struggles of playing cactus canyon in realtime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/239?hl=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.