(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13,999 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by ifpapinball
  • Topic is favorited by 357 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 311 votes
    52%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 89 votes
    15%
  • Special Edition [SE] 199 votes
    33%

(599 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7357AFA5-42D6-4647-ADB9-0297EB305C79 (resized).jpeg
1CA93166-9EB1-400D-8139-FB1FE997810F (resized).jpeg
average-room-off-small.jpg
giphy.gif
7097A6F2-1D0A-44DD-8294-A06C6BFC0120 (resized).jpeg
C6D6C5EA-31D4-42A1-9FB2-B2B6DA5DC329 (resized).jpeg
68964C72-6145-4535-B8EB-5DBDE8A08C91 (resized).jpeg
4191A434-132E-406D-8A33-8FEBF4F4E500 (resized).jpeg
A7C80A7B-F6CC-4D54-8B2F-DB184E95E7B3 (resized).jpeg
0C2C2209-66B4-42BB-8858-F37A730D0CE5 (resized).jpeg
E9CDE21A-21CD-489D-8394-AA2A0E086BE2 (resized).jpeg
6C8852B1-FE9B-43BD-A47B-A7B086C33AD9 (resized).jpeg
19A39A98-8A52-49A8-8F32-6FE501C17ACF (resized).jpeg
F97317C2-26E5-4DC8-8213-327553A8B640 (resized).jpeg
95630EB4-2B87-4D84-9E38-74E86108AD10 (resized).jpeg
280121BB-B26F-4CB6-8B03-61201DDFB8F7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 280.
#11801 5 months ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

I'll give it a shot. I agree mine could likely stand to be a bit higher off the table. Could you describe the method you use to raise it up? Using something to pry against the playfield seems like a bad idea.

Metal Spatula on top of a micro fiber cloth is enough playfield protection. Take a broad flat head screwdriver and lift the guide with a twisting motion between the spatula and lane guide. Other more technical ways to do this but you should have that stuff laying around the house.

#11802 5 months ago

How are the lane guides attached to the playfield? Is a hole punch tapped through from the underside a possibility?

#11803 5 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

How are the lane guides attached to the playfield? Is a hole punch tapped through from the underside a possibility?

Hole punched straight through but you would have to remove the coil bracket to get to it.

#11804 5 months ago

Can everyone please go rate cactus-canyon so we can get the game in the top #10

#11805 5 months ago
Quoted from King_ci:

Just telling everyone to rate it just to get the game in the top 10 underscores the insignificance and artificial nature of the rating system.

#11806 5 months ago
Quoted from RTS:Just telling everyone to rate it just to get the game in the top 10 underscores the insignificance and artificial nature of the rating system.

Lol...I didn't say rate the game 10 across the board, but I think the game is amazing, from build quality to game play to toys in the game ,that's why I purchased it. I personally don't think anyone who has purchased this game new from cgc doesn't think It shouldn't be in the top #10

#11807 5 months ago
Quoted from King_ci:

Lol...I didn't say rate the game 10 across the board, but I think the game is amazing, from build quality to game play to toys in the game ,that's why I purchased it. I personally don't think anyone who has purchased this game new from cgc doesn't think It shouldn't be in the top #10

Sorry, but its not top 10. Top fifty, yes. That’s good too. Maybe lymans code will get it close to top 10 someday.

#11808 5 months ago
Quoted from King_ci:

Hmmm. Top 10? I wouldn't put it there, but it is close. CC and BBB were low production units at the end of an era. If they were not rare I don't think they would even be remade as they are not that great. CC is a fun game and I think it may get even better, but it is no TZ, MM, or LOTR.

#11809 5 months ago
Quoted from King_ci:

A new owner of an expensive pinball machine is about as biased as you can get. Biased voting is why the rankings are practically worthless, which is why I won’t rate a game after I have purchased it unless it is after I subsequently sold it.

#11810 5 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Hmmm. Top 10? I wouldn't put it there, but it is close. CC and BBB were low production units at the end of an era. If they were not rare I don't think they would even be remade as they are not that great. CC is a fun game and I think it may get even better, but it is no TZ, MM, or LOTR.

I have owned awesome examples of both Indiana Jones pinball adventure and Medieval madness. I sold both of these, and I believe Catus Canyon will be more fun to more people than both of these games that visit my game room. I also have a Lord of the rings, which is also a keeper. Once the LFS package is available, I am hoping that the rules become a bit deeper. I play to have fun. It's not about dominating the rule set so I can sell it and move on. But that is just me.

#11811 5 months ago

There are games in the top 10 list that I enjoy less then CC. Just proves the point that the top lists are meaningless. We all have our own lists in our heads and that's the way it should be.

I too am looking forward to the new code/hardware package. I hope we finally see it soon. Unfortunately I think it took a back seat to Pulp Fiction for a bit.

#11812 5 months ago

BG HAS BEEN SOLD - Thank you

Somehow I ended up with buying 2 mirrored Backglasses for CCLE

if anyone is interested 249$ plus actual shipping
Just looking to make back what I paid

It’s still sealed and taped in the cardboard

Will get boxed and shipped UPS

Lmk

Thanks

BG HAD BEEN SOLD - Thank you

#11813 5 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Missing one part, 68 of 1250 plaque

My Game has the 068 of 1250 on the Apron and 068 was on the box and the white tag written in marker

Doesn’t really matter but just seemed odd my friend got 058 of 1250 and had his before the new year our were built 1 day apart

6E2AC455-707F-45F2-A1C6-D272BD38D1FA (resized).jpeg6E2AC455-707F-45F2-A1C6-D272BD38D1FA (resized).jpeg
#11814 5 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Doesn’t really matter but just seemed odd my friend got 058 of 1250 and had his before the new year our were built 1 day apart

They must have put it in a dark corner and forgot about it.

#11815 5 months ago

Just throwing out some ideas for the Lyman code. Can they or will they;
1. Use the moving train for more than just Polly peril.
2. Upgrades to high noon
3. Use of continued code to give more meat to the game overall
4. Incorporate the knocker to fire when winning gunfights/quick draws
5. More meat to gold mine and stampede multiballs
6. Saloon doors and how that is going to used

#11816 5 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

2. Upgrades to high noon

Agree with all of these.

#11817 5 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

2. Upgrades to high noon

Maybe add a poker video mode to play because it fits the western/cowboy theme. I would love to see a train robbery mode that involves the train mech. Maybe have the Bart bros trying to Rob it and you need to hit certain shots to move the train to town to get to a safe spot. You could even have the bad guy targets pop randomly to add more time to the mode to help you get to safety. Maybe another mode with the train could be (like the Back to the future 3) movie where you would have stop the train before it runs off a cliff with certain shots on the playfield. The train mech is just so cool and definitely doesn’t get utilized but it should IMHO.

#11818 5 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

2. Upgrades to high noon

All of those are good.

For me, if I could even improve the basic code by just 1 thing, it would be to make the "modes" more of "modes" and less of 1-shot hurry-ups. Put us in a scene and give us a series of tasks.

Other things I'd tweak - Making a Super Skill Shot award if you can get exactly 2 rotations in the bowl, making the ranks more meaningful and apparent in the game, another lighting setting for Gun Fight that's between Slightly-Less-Blinding and Off, having multiple Bad Guys appear in higher levels of Gun Fights, and making higher levels of Bart Bros require combo shots into them for hits. I think these would improve the game greatly and make getting to High Noon a lot more intense and rewarding.

#11819 5 months ago
Quoted from King_ci:

I personally don't think anyone who has purchased this game new from cgc doesn't think It shouldn't be in the top #10

I don't. I can name 10 games I like better. It's a top 40 game easily though.

#11820 5 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

For me, if I could even improve the basic code by just 1 thing, it would be to make the "modes" more of "modes" and less of 1-shot hurry-ups. Put us in a scene and give us a series of tasks.

Totally agree with this. At least give the option in settings to pick how many shots are needed to finish the mode.

#11821 5 months ago

you may be able to loosen and move the flipper bushing under the pf to slightly move the flipper? or even the whole flipper mech. doesn't look like you need much to move.

#11822 5 months ago

It would be potentially cool to have the Bad Guy drop target hurry-up move around rather than being static. Maybe same thing for Showdown after the first round of drops- the last drop jumps around.

#11823 5 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

2. Upgrades to high noon

All good ideas. We know some of what is (and isn’t) going to be in the code (see the FAQ and Butch’s presentation). However it’s pretty likely the code design is functionally complete at this point.

#11824 5 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

making higher levels of Bart Bros require combo shots into them for hits.

Similar to how JJP’s Godfather requires occasionally killing the bad guy from behind with a garrote, maybe a Bart bro would need to be flanked from behind with a right ramp and orbit shot combo.

#11825 5 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Maybe add a poker video mode to play because it fits the western/cowboy theme.

Or build a poker hand by shooting roving lights or bad guy targets. Easy shots are numerical cards, harder shots are face cards, timed pop up bad guys are Aces. You go to the saloon and try to build a better hand than the opponent challenging you.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Making a Super Skill Shot award if you can get exactly 2 rotations in the bowl

Or use the spinning bowl in a roulette wheel game fashion. Maybe to wager points (from bounty awards that have been collected previously).
-
Otherwise in a risk it all situation to play Russian roulette against the final-FINAL Bart bro. Flippers off, and only shooter lane/plunger active. Take turns with the bad guy spinning the revolver’s cylinder and pulling the trigger in a game of fate.

#11826 5 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

love to see a train robbery mode that involves the train mech. Maybe have the Bart bros trying to Rob it and you need to hit certain shots to move the train to town to get to a safe spot.

A train robbery is a MUST! Send the train down the tracks. At a random point along the way all four bad guy targets pop up. You must make 3 consecutive center ramp shots while they are standing in the way. Bad guys can be hit but no other ramps, orbit, etc. Once the threat is eliminated the train can proceed. Maybe a timed mode because we all know trains have a schedule to keep. Train must make it to the station “on time”.

#11827 5 months ago

Hey Josh ifpapinball I thought I’d invite you over to this thread and ask you to check out the last handful of posts above this one. Some great brainstorming going on as we’re all anticipating what you’ve got cooking for CCr. Maybe we’d see some of these ideas integrated too! Thanks.

#11828 5 months ago

Has anyone heard when next batch from Planetary will be here? Seems like the arrival posts have slowed to a crawl lately. Anyone get their game that hasn't shared the good news?

#11829 5 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Hey Josh ifpapinball I thought I’d invite you over to this thread and ask you to check out the last handful of posts above this one. Some great brainstorming going on as we’re all anticipating what you’ve got cooking for CCr. Maybe we’d see some of these ideas integrated too! Thanks.

The brainstorming was done 2 years ago

I'm confident the world will enjoy what we did because I enjoy what's already in it. I'm anxious to get the rest of what's already designed in the game.

Appreciate the "you know what they should do comments" though ... I was a person saying those same things to the design teams since I was a kid

#11830 5 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I'm confident the world will enjoy what we did because I enjoy what's already in it. I'm anxious to get the rest of what's already designed in the game.

I think I can speak for all of us and say, we cant wait!!!!

#11831 5 months ago

Waiting for the Ops post ...

This should be good ...

#11832 5 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I'm confident the world will enjoy what we did because I enjoy what's already in it.

Teaming you and Lyman was a dream for many so I have no doubt we will enjoy the “what”.

What everyone really wants to know is “when”.

#11833 5 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The brainstorming was done 2 years ago
Appreciate the "you know what they should do comments" though ... I was a person saying those same things to the design teams since I was a kid

Thanks for dropping by! Sounds like much if not all of the project is done, ready and waiting. Design and code completed?
-
Oh, and if a scrub like me can come up with those ideas I’m sure you and Lyman put together something even more fun and fantastic!

#11834 5 months ago

But c’mon, there’s a train robbery mode right?!

#11835 5 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Thanks for dropping by! Sounds like much if not all of the project is done, ready and waiting. Design and code completed?

Much of it is done. Much of it is left to implement. The rules design is complete. The code is not. The art is not. The sounds and speech are not.

Quoted from Ballderdash:

But c’mon, there’s a train robbery mode right?!

There's absolutely another mode that incorporates the train. The CGC team actually had the idea written up before Lyman and I joined the team. We ran with that and incorporated it into what we were building.

#11836 5 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Much of it is done.

This is exciting to hear. We all hope the project is moving along as planned and will see the light of day. I was a little worried that it got buried under Pulp Fiction priorities. When I asked Ryan at MGC about it he said it would for sure be done and released, eventually.

#11837 5 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Much of it is done. Much of it is left to implement. The rules design is complete. The code is not. The art is not. The sounds and speech are not.

It sounds like there is still a bit of work to be done on the new code project. What are the odds that it will be released this year???

#11838 5 months ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

It sounds like there is still a bit of work to be done on the new code project. What are the odds that it will be released this year???

There's still a good amount of work to be done.

I wouldn't count on it being released this year, but I'm usually a pretty pessimistic dude (it allows me to be pleasantly surprised when good things happen).

#11839 5 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I wouldn't count on it being released this year

Perhaps the international customers can have it installed in their games, because certainly we won't have the actual games by then as well .

#11840 5 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I wouldn't count on it being released this year,

This is really disappointing to hear. I'm sure it will be worth the wait however.

#11841 5 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

There's still a good amount of work to be done.
I wouldn't count on it being released this year, but I'm usually a pretty pessimistic dude (it allows me to be pleasantly surprised when good things happen).

Thanks for being upfront and honest about your thoughts, despite the probable tantrums that will get triggered for those Pinsiders with the maturity of a 10-year old. Cue the "but we should get it for free for waiting so long" whiners too.

Yes I am also still waiting for my game and it just doesn't matter. I won't enjoy it less just because it took longer to get to me lol.

#11842 5 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Thanks for being upfront and honest about your thoughts, despite the probable tantrums that will get triggered for those Pinsiders with the maturity of a 10-year old. Cue the "but we should get it for free for waiting so long" whiners too.
Yes I am also still waiting for my game and it just doesn't matter. I won't enjoy it less just because it took longer to get to me lol.

Sounds like something a 10 year-old would say...

#11843 5 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I haven't heard anyone saying the additional hardware/code should be free...

#11844 5 months ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Sounds like something a 10 year-old would say...

Yeah sorry about pre-empting your tantrum.

But in all honesty I was thinking about the small group of Pinsiders that automatically downvote anything the OP posts. Their pettiness is mind blowing.

#11845 5 months ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I haven't heard anyone saying the additional hardware/code should be free...

It's been a recurring theme. Use the search function.

Here's a quick example:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/236#post-7540028

#11846 5 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's been a recurring theme. Use the search function.

Just did. 1 post in the last three months saying the upgrade should be free. Would hardly call that recurring, also it was far from a tantrum.

#11847 5 months ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Just did. 1 post in the last three months saying the upgrade should be free. Would hardly call that recurring, also it was far from a tantrum.

I've been reading the posts in this thread since the beginning. It's been quite a long haul. It's been mentioned many times. You don't have to take my word for it, just sit down with a gallon of coffee and read the nearly 12000 posts lol.

As for the tantrum, of course it wasn't. That's why I apologized for ruining the moment where the usual suspects come here to bitch, moan, whine, and complain about how CGC sucks and the wait is unacceptable.

The options have not changed from a year ago. They can either wait longer or bail as more and more are doing apparently. I've considered bailing out of this purchase myself. Not because of the excessive wait but I'm doubting the value of this game when compared to something like FF which looks like a hella fun.

#11848 5 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I've been reading the posts in this thread since the beginning. It's been quite a long haul. It's been mentioned many times. You don't have to take my word for it, just sit down with a gallon of coffee and read the nearly 12000 posts lol.
As for the tantrum, of course it wasn't. That's why I apologized for ruining the moment where the usual suspects come here to bitch, moan, whine, and complain about how CGC sucks and the wait is unacceptable.

I hate to have to tell you this but you're the only one bitching, moaning, whining and complaining...

#11849 5 months ago

I hate to have to tell you this but you're the only one bitching, moaning, whining and complaining...

If you say so

#11850 5 months ago

It’s called projecting

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 13,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/237?hl=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.