(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 331 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(651 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg
362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg
C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
73000513275__A193B793-F018-40EE-B46C-ACC07564508F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
8C87C09E-DDC1-4C00-904E-4189F6921213 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,348 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 307.
#11751 11 months ago

Hey all i joined the club. Picked up a NIB LE. First modern game, i have 3 wedge heads.
Boy this game is well built! One issue out of the box was the trough plug was not plugged into the header all the way throwing an error.
Other than that it has been flawless and a hoot! my forearms hurt.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11752 11 months ago

Quick question, 1st modern game. Where is the SD slot located in the game? What size SD card does it take? I would like to add cust msg.

#11753 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Quick question, 1st modern game. Where is the SD slot located in the game? What size SD card does it take? I would like to add cust msg.

Micro SD Card. On small board in the backbox. See red arrows. The micro SD card doesn't stay in the game.

Information here to update MMR - no updates for CCR yet. You can read it over and get an idea of the micro SD card and what is involved should you ever need it. https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update

LTG : )

DSC00084 (resized).JPGDSC00084 (resized).JPG
#11754 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

I would like to add cust msg.

You do that in the games software. Not an update. Do that in Utilities.

#11755 11 months ago

Does anyone know when the extended code will be completed?

#11756 11 months ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Nope... when it's released is the best way with CGC ...

#11757 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Quoted from pldubya43:

The FAQ is your friend.

And when there is an announcement on the upgrade package this thread will have a hundred posts in a few minutes.

#11758 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the only way to get resolution on an issue is to call them 2-3 times a day until they pick up....clearly the ticket system doesn't work very well

Can I send CGC a bill for my time hounding them...?

#11759 11 months ago

Everything seems to work. Good build quality just like my MMrLE. Only played one game, but looks like a good shooter. Not sure I like the initial shot as nothing but a spin around a bowl and return to the flipper. Will play more this weekend. Nice machine.

IMG_6563 (resized).jpegIMG_6563 (resized).jpegIMG_6564 (resized).jpegIMG_6564 (resized).jpeg
#11760 11 months ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Can I send CGC a bill for my time hounding them...

We all should get the upgrade for free, waiting so long to build this game.

#11761 11 months ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Can I send CGC a bill for my time hounding them...?

you should....its crazy how bad their customer support has gotten. Clearly they need to hire someone to take care of their customers.

#11762 11 months ago

How do I register my game? May have missed it in the extensive FAQ, assuming I need to to be made aware of updates etc.

#11763 11 months ago

Played a few more games. The shots are fun and the rules seem to be clear and not too deep. The outlanes are way too loose and I will be tightening the posts there. Also, a lot of SDTM when hitting bad guy targets. The topper is cool with the animated Bart and the people that light up in the windows. It is a neat piece of art if nothing else.

#11764 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

How do I register my game? May have missed it in the extensive FAQ, assuming I need to to be made aware of updates etc.

The is an envelope in your manual bag. Fill it out and mail to CGC or scan it and email to them.

#11765 11 months ago

068 flap is spliced and ready for the morning unboxing / setup

Oh boy oh boy !!

9443BD46-3C36-40DB-BBB0-2E306A5EB47B (resized).jpeg9443BD46-3C36-40DB-BBB0-2E306A5EB47B (resized).jpeg
#11766 11 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

068 flap is spliced and ready for the morning unboxing / setup

Oh boy oh boy !!

It's like fine wine, needs to breathe!

#11767 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

There is a paper registration form included with the pin. Fill it out and either mail it or take a photo and email it.

#11768 11 months ago

Played my 5th game. Put up 210M and made it to high noon. Was a very short wizard mode. Reminded me of twilight zone a bit.

#11769 11 months ago

Ok. My new LE is WAY harder than my se!! I’m not sure why, but it is.

One thing I notice a lot is ball hop when traveling down the inlanes to the flippers. I have a slow motion video. Seems like the little metal rail and the flipper don’t line up exactly? Has anyone else experienced this and are there any fixes?

#11770 11 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok. My new LE is WAY harder than my se!! I’m not sure why, but it is.
One thing I notice a lot is ball hop when traveling down the inlanes to the flippers. I have a slow motion video. Seems like the little metal rail and the flipper don’t line up exactly? Has anyone else experienced this and are there any fixes?

Looks like hop bc of flex on the flipper post (slop?) Someone here replaced their plastic bushings with the metal? ones from the precision flipper kit. Maybe they can chime in. Doesn’t seem to be an alignment issue.

#11771 11 months ago

Yee Haw !!

79E74137-1326-4D55-9EA3-A8E9014DE3A6 (resized).jpeg79E74137-1326-4D55-9EA3-A8E9014DE3A6 (resized).jpeg
#11772 11 months ago

Yee Haw !!
[quoted image]

That's an interesting 4 month gap from production date to delivery date.

#11773 11 months ago

So far Super Happy with it !!

Added the speaker magnet and the grill covers
Topper and Mirror Glass next

I owned an original CC years back and so far the build quality is excellent and yes the delay from build to delivery is surely odd

5165F2C4-BE27-493C-AE0D-F2ED84486F1C (resized).jpeg5165F2C4-BE27-493C-AE0D-F2ED84486F1C (resized).jpegB96D69D9-2E85-4357-B84A-21A32075A6AC (resized).jpegB96D69D9-2E85-4357-B84A-21A32075A6AC (resized).jpeg
#11774 11 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Cabinet may have been stock piled until assembly.

The warranty starts when you receive your game. Be sure and register it.

#11775 11 months ago

Tiny disappointment with the topper wiring

They shorted me like 6 inches or so

Need to pull the harness out if the clamps

But it is what it is …

Topper works and installed

71D805B7-B1F4-47EC-9D63-E27A688013CB (resized).jpeg71D805B7-B1F4-47EC-9D63-E27A688013CB (resized).jpeg8190DDE4-7239-4CCB-BBB6-7386E9746286 (resized).jpeg8190DDE4-7239-4CCB-BBB6-7386E9746286 (resized).jpeg
#11776 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cabinet may have been stock piled until assembly.
The warranty starts when you receive your game. Be sure and register it.

will do

Thanks Lloyd!!

#11777 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Looks like hop bc of flex on the flipper post (slop?) Someone here replaced their plastic bushings with the metal? ones from the precision flipper kit. Maybe they can chime in. Doesn’t seem to be an alignment issue.

Yeah I saw that earlier. Maybe this will be my first precision kit!

#11778 11 months ago

Tiny disappointment with the topper wiring
They shorted me like 6 inches or so
Need to pull the harness out if the clamps
But it is what it is …
Topper works and installed
[quoted image][quoted image]

It is not too short. Pull some slack through the left wiring loom hooks. There will be enough.

#11779 11 months ago

Put up a 397M game with almost getting through High Noon twice. Great shooting game. Nice theme that any kid can play as well.

Opened up the cabinet and lifted playfield to adjust outlanes. Very well built and clean design. Appreciate the normal lockdown bar and power switch where it should be.

I wish CGC made some original games as their quality is superior IMO. Love to have a PFLE in the future.

#11780 11 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

It is not too short. Pull some slack through the left wiring loom hooks. There will be enough.

I’ll take a look next time the glass is off

Thanks for the pointer

#11781 11 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Quoted from Ballderdash:

I've had ball hop on the left flipper out of the box on my Cactus and in my opinion the precision flip bushings made it slightly worse, not better. I'm already using the Titan low-bounce rubbers but they may help with yours paynemic as they're a bit thinner than standard flipper rubber. The inlane rail isn't going to move due to how it's designed and I've tried to shift the flipper assembly but there just isn't enough play in the mounting to change it much. I was thinking I could 3D print a shim to hook on the inlane rail and push the ball path up a bit but haven't gotten around to designing it.

#11782 11 months ago

The only problem with the warranty is that it’s useless if they never respond to you .

#11783 11 months ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

The only problem with the warranty is that it’s useless if they never respond to you .

There must be legal remedies if a company doesn’t honor their warranty by not responding or closing the issue in some amount of time? I’ve never encountered a company like that, but when I get my ccr it’s likely I will.

#11784 11 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

There must be legal remedies if a company doesn’t honor their warranty by not responding or closing the issue in some amount of time? I’ve never encountered a company like that, but when I get my ccr it’s likely I will.

Well the good news is everyone spoke with their wallet to show their displeasure by not buying out Pulp Fiction instantly........oh wait. Ya things aren't gonna change.
I didn't buy Pulp Fiction cause I waited 1 1/2 years to get my Cactus Canyon being a day 1 order and can't get them to help with minor issues that I opened tickets on well over 3 weeks ago. It's a shame, I've owned all their other games prior to and rarely had issues and got them sorted quickly before. None too happy with their level of service at the moment.

#11785 11 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

There must be legal remedies if a company doesn’t honor their warranty by not responding or closing the issue in some amount of time?

Unfortunately pursuing them would likely end up costing you more than the game.

#11786 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is that what your sources are telling you about CGC ignoring all of these warranty claims?

#11787 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks like there are a number of steps one could take that cost nothing. Like filing complaints with FTC and BBB. Credit card chargebacks within a year may also be possible. A few of those may get CGCs attention. I’m just the kind of person that would try all such avenues if a company doesn’t honor their warranty. Because that is just wrong. And bull shit.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/05/the-word-on-warranty-protection/index.htm#:~:text=If%20that%20fails%2C%20try%20complaining,one%20at%20naca.net.)

#11788 11 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Missing one part, 68 of 1250 plaque

#11789 11 months ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

I've had ball hop on the left flipper out of the box on my Cactus and in my opinion the precision flip bushings made it slightly worse, not better. I'm already using the Titan low-bounce rubbers but they may help with yours paynemic as they're a bit thinner than standard flipper rubber. The inlane rail isn't going to move due to how it's designed and I've tried to shift the flipper assembly but there just isn't enough play in the mounting to change it much. I was thinking I could 3D print a shim to hook on the inlane rail and push the ball path up a bit but haven't gotten around to designing it.

You need to adjust your metal inlane guide by raising it out of the playfield or lowering it in a bit. The closer it is to the balls equator the further the ball will be pushed out eliminating the hop. Had this issue on my game and was a none issue to get dialed in. This is a very common adjustment on a pinball machine so its a good time to learn it.

#11790 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t get the down votes here - obviously you’ve never tried to get a company to do something outside the normal support process. It can get expensive fast.

Quoted from jackd104:

Looks like there are a number of steps one could take that cost nothing. Like filing complaints with FTC and BBB. Credit card chargebacks within a year may also be possible. A few of those may get CGCs attention. I’m just the kind of person that would try all such avenues if a company doesn’t honor their warranty. Because that is just wrong.

I’m not sure we can say they aren’t honoring their warranty but clearly they aren’t being responsive to some and that’s troubling.

Of the three you mentioned, credit card chargeback is the easiest and most likely (though that targets the distributor). A BBB complaint is worthless and most businesses ignore them. An FTC complaint without related legal action (specific performance) will be almost as useless.

I’m just saying that taking action outside the normal support process can be expensive and frustrating (been there, done that). If you don’t get response through the ticket system, I’d follow up with a call to your distributor, then a call and a snail mail letter to CGC before doing anything else.

#11792 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t get the down votes here - obviously you’ve never tried to get a company to do something outside the normal support process. It can get expensive fast.

I’m not sure we can say they aren’t honoring their warranty but clearly they aren’t being responsive to some and that’s troubling.
Of the three you mentioned, credit card chargeback is the easiest and most likely (though that targets the distributor). A BBB complaint is worthless and most businesses ignore them. An FTC complaint without related legal action (specific performance) will be almost as useless.
I’m just saying that taking action outside the normal support process can be expensive and frustrating (been there, done that). If you don’t get response through the ticket system, I’d follow up with a call to your distributor, then a call and a snail mail letter to CGC before doing anything else.

Quoted from jfh:

How about this, maybe they abide by the process that they created?

#11793 11 months ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

I agree 100%. But the question on the table was essentially “what else can I do if they don’t?”.

#11794 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

You need to adjust your metal inlane guide by raising it out of the playfield or lowering it in a bit. The closer it is to the balls equator the further the ball will be pushed out eliminating the hop. Had this issue on my game and was a none issue to get dialed in. This is a very common adjustment on a pinball machine so its a good time to learn it.

I will have to respectfully disagree. I'm not saying mine is at perfect height but I would expect a straightedge against the flipper to line up with the rail even if it was at the wrong height, similar to my right flipper. To my eye the flipper bushing is biased in the hole toward the back of the table which would imply the flipper mech is mounted a bit forward or the bushing on the mount plate is slightly off.

20230423_155956 (resized).jpg20230423_155956 (resized).jpg20230423_151735 (resized).jpg20230423_151735 (resized).jpg20230423_124509 (resized).jpg20230423_124509 (resized).jpg

#11795 11 months ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

I wonder whats going on with CGC? Possibly they don't have the resources to hire customer support? In the past they've always responded very quickly when I had issues with my other CGC games. Like I said before I'd call them daily until they responded. Theres no excuse for completely ignoring customers yet it appears to be CGC's MO these days.

#11796 11 months ago

Any else getting some coil noise? My left gunfight uppost is much louder than my right. I've already taken it apart to check for an issue, or broken coil sleeve or something...reinstalled it tight. I even added some neoprene "buzzkill" washers on both top and bottom of the coil but still getting noise. Not the end of the world but I'm a bit OCD.

20230423_150646 (resized).jpg20230423_150646 (resized).jpg

20230423_163039 (resized).jpg20230423_163039 (resized).jpg

#11797 11 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Any else getting some coil noise? My left gunfight uppost is much louder than my right. I've already taken it apart to check for an issue, or broken coil sleeve or something...reinstalled it tight. I even added some neoprene "buzzkill" washers on both top and bottom of the coil but still getting noise. Not the end of the world but I'm a bit OCD.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Both of mine loud as hell

#11798 11 months ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

I will have to respectfully disagree. I'm not saying mine is at perfect height but I would expect a straightedge against the flipper to line up with the rail even if it was at the wrong height, similar to my right flipper. To my eye the flipper bushing is biased in the hole toward the back of the table which would imply the flipper mech is mounted a bit forward or the bushing on the mount plate is slightly off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you send a picture of a pinball resting on the metal ball guide? Im curious where its sits in relation to the equator of the ball. I adjust mine up about 1/2mm if i had to take a guess. It doesn't take much. Or better yet skip the picture, adjust the lane guide and play more pinball!

5D7E7081-7755-4BFF-82BC-DA0B021C05B8 (resized).jpeg5D7E7081-7755-4BFF-82BC-DA0B021C05B8 (resized).jpeg8D16FBA0-F26C-4CAE-A702-33BC54B1A532.gif8D16FBA0-F26C-4CAE-A702-33BC54B1A532.gif

#11799 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Can you send a picture of a pinball resting on the metal ball guide? Im curious where its sits in relation to the equator of the ball. I adjust mine up about 1/2mm if i had to take a guess. It doesn't take much. Or better yet skip the picture, adjust the lane guide and play more pinball!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll give it a shot. I agree mine could likely stand to be a bit higher off the table. Could you describe the method you use to raise it up? Using something to pry against the playfield seems like a bad idea.

#11800 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Possibly they don't have the resources to hire customer support?

In the last day they posted an ad again for an in house pinball tech.

Those guys don't grow on trees. When they find one they'll hire him or her.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
8,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
There are 15,348 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 307.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/236?hl=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.