(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 309.
#11651 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

None of my games have this big chamfered edge.
What is the measurement of the glass channel slot, "slot to slot" across the cabinet?
This measurement would tell if the glass will fit or not.
If this measurement is out of spec, you will have to add a nylon spacer strip inside of one of the glass channels.
It wouldnt have to go the entire length, just maybe 12" or so. 4 or 6" might also work.
I think it can be installed neatly and fixed with a little CA gel glue on a trimmed q-tip in the glass channel.
I read of one other instance of this.
The owner applied big zip-ties to the inside of the glass channel.
It was enough to keep the glass from falling out.

CCr is my only remake game. I think it’s the best one.

I’m assuming all CCr games have this chamfer on the inside of the cabinet? My non-remakes don’t have the bevel.

If I were to add a “spacer” to the plastic channel, it would have to be in both sides in order to center the glass. Otherwise the glass will just fall out of the side that has the spacer because it will shift over to the other side.

#11652 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm if the beveled edge on the inside edge of the cabinet walls on CCr is standard? I don’t have any other remakes to compare to.

A2D6FD90-D72F-4A50-9BA3-CDD65DDBC94E (resized).jpegA2D6FD90-D72F-4A50-9BA3-CDD65DDBC94E (resized).jpeg
#11653 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Pays $10K for a machine with a 2 year warranty. Is expected to fix the company’s mistake himself with dollar store parts? Warranty? What warranty?[quoted image]

He submitted a ticket to CGC several days ago....have they responded?

#11654 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He submitted a ticket to CGC several days ago....have they responded?

No response on my support ticket as of yet.

#11655 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

Three and a half weeks for me on a different issue and no response.

#11656 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

Can anyone confirm if the beveled edge on the inside edge of the cabinet walls on CCr is standard? I don’t have any other remakes to compare to.
[quoted image]

Mine is beveled too.

1A024E3C-A819-4348-A62C-E3447B9A4277 (resized).jpeg1A024E3C-A819-4348-A62C-E3447B9A4277 (resized).jpegB33E26DB-CEF5-4DCC-9425-428B44160847 (resized).jpegB33E26DB-CEF5-4DCC-9425-428B44160847 (resized).jpeg
#11657 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Mine is beveled too.[quoted image][quoted image]

How far can you slide your glass over to one side? Looks close to being able to fall out?

#11658 1 year ago

Three and a half weeks for me on a different issue and no response.

Its crazy how bad their customer service has gotten....with my MMRLE and AFMRLE they typically responded within a day .... its great they have Lloyd, but that doesn't help with big issues like cabinets

#11659 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

How far can you slide your glass over to one side? Looks close to being able to fall out?

Here’s all the way over on each side. It’s not going to fall out on either side but another 1/16” or 1/8th of an inch and I bet it would.

8464BC6F-F60F-49D7-9ED7-FFF795112883 (resized).jpeg8464BC6F-F60F-49D7-9ED7-FFF795112883 (resized).jpegD458759F-0311-446F-AE4F-BE10AD2EF44C (resized).jpegD458759F-0311-446F-AE4F-BE10AD2EF44C (resized).jpeg

#11660 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its crazy how bad their customer service has gotten....with my MMRLE and AFMRLE they typically responded within a day .... its great they have Lloyd, but that doesn't help with big issues like cabinets

I can’t disagree with you.

#11661 1 year ago

Here’s all the way over on each side. It’s not going to fall out on either side but another 1/16” or 1/8th of an inch and I bet it would.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#11662 1 year ago

Here’s all the way over on each side. It’s not going to fall out on either side but another 1/8th of an inch and I bet it would.

That looks incredibly close to falling out.

The plastic channel only starts supporting at the bevel, which is in about 1/10 of an inch from the inside walls of the wood.

#11663 1 year ago

Here’s what my glass looks like when it falls off one side. It’s sitting outside of the plastic channel on top of the wooden bevel.
BF96D572-AEF8-402D-9843-7C67D5DB8256 (resized).jpegBF96D572-AEF8-402D-9843-7C67D5DB8256 (resized).jpeg

#11664 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

Here’s what my glass looks like when it falls off one side. It’s sitting outside of the plastic channel on top of the wooden bevel.
[quoted image]

That’s bonkers! And glass is 100% correct size?

#11665 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

That’s bonkers! And glass is 100% correct size?

Yes. Original glass and my Invisiglass both measuring 21.0” wide.

#11666 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

I'd would give them a call at this point. (708) 780-0070

#11667 1 year ago

CGC brought #550 to Pinbrew in Ohio this weekend.

3255E0C4-1C91-415D-B357-B3AB1303FCD4 (resized).jpeg3255E0C4-1C91-415D-B357-B3AB1303FCD4 (resized).jpeg5CB8AB71-D6BF-40C4-94D5-49ED2B4BF7F8 (resized).jpeg5CB8AB71-D6BF-40C4-94D5-49ED2B4BF7F8 (resized).jpeg
#11668 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

[quoted image]

For the moment, and while awaiting a resolution

Go ahead and put 2 or 3 big zip-ties in the glass channel after you slide the glass in.

You can leave the heads on the ties for easy removal.

Then you can at least play your game and not worry about the glass falling out.

#11669 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

For the moment, and while awaiting a resolution
Go ahead and put 2 or 3 big zip-ties in the glass channel after you slide the glass in.
You can leave the heads on the ties for easy removal.
Then you can at least play your game and not worry about the glass falling out.

Good idea. I placed long 1/8” diameter skewers all along the left and right sides. They have to be in place before the glass slides in, otherwise the glass falls out to one side.

31FACBAF-F90A-430B-B317-1167EB280950 (resized).jpeg31FACBAF-F90A-430B-B317-1167EB280950 (resized).jpeg
#11670 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

Good idea. I placed long 1/8” diameter skewers all along the left and right sides. They have to be in place before the glass slides in, otherwise the glass falls out to one side.
[quoted image]

Great solution! I agree that this is total BS (I would be totally LIVID!!!), but you gotta do what you gotta do.
It will take months for a resolution.

Now play the f#ck out of the game...

#11671 1 year ago

Any good updates would be great.

#11672 1 year ago

I believe voodoo/stern and invisaglass is only coated on one side (unlike pdi) and is directional (at least ive been told ) I believe u sld have your glass flipped so the etching is on the right...
I've had stern glass with no markings so who knows..... but i have noticed a difference with having invisaglass different ways.

#11673 1 year ago

#525 has made it in the gameroom. Lots of fun!!

IMG_6560 (resized).jpegIMG_6560 (resized).jpegIMG_6566 (resized).jpegIMG_6566 (resized).jpegIMG_6569 (resized).jpegIMG_6569 (resized).jpeg
#11674 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe voodoo/stern and invisaglass is only coated on one side (unlike pdi) and is directional (at least ive been told ) I believe u sld have your glass flipped so the etching is on the right...
I've had stern glass with no markings so who knows..... but i have noticed a difference with having invisaglass different ways.

Correct. Those only have the coating on one side.

#11675 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The Voodoo glass installed on my Godzilla was a significant improvement over the standard Stern factory glass. I just replaced the Voodoo glass with my first sheet of PDI glass, and I am amazed at the further improvement. Wow. In my opinion, it is enough of an improvement where I will pay the extra and just buy PDI glass from now on. I plan to replace all my pinball glass with PDI. I talked to Joey at Pinball Decals Inc and asked if he could bring a load of PDI glass to the Chicago Pinball Expo to save the shipping costs for those that will be driving. He is thinking about it.

#11676 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Correct. Those only have the coating on one side.

Not correct.

Stern HD is coated on both sides. Ask your distro.

#11677 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Not correct.
Stern HD is coated on both sides. Ask your distro.

I stand corrected. If that’s true then it’s worse than I thought.

#11678 1 year ago

So...

Anyone working on airball protectors/limiter/reducer? I would love to be a test bunny.

I have now had a few balls go back behind the rear back wall and land in the bottom of my cabinet. like everyone else the Polly train ramp and Bart ramp (hits shoulder and pops up) & Polly water ramp all pretty serious air balls I have hit the glass in the back as too.

btw Flipper power +5 over stock.

#11679 1 year ago

Why is your flipper strength set so high? I get some air balls up off the Bart ramp but that’s default settings. I still need to check what pitch it have my game set at

#11680 1 year ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

btw Flipper power +5 over stock.

I would dial this back. I am at factory default and get very few and none that have gone behind the rear wall.

#11681 1 year ago

My flipper strength is set to factory and my playfield pitch is at 7.2 degrees. No airballs and no problem hitting ramps.

#11682 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

My flipper strength is set to factory and my playfield pitch is at 7.2 degrees. No airballs and no problem hitting ramps.

5B4C5024-9343-4F4D-A676-71A972B524A9 (resized).jpeg5B4C5024-9343-4F4D-A676-71A972B524A9 (resized).jpeg
#11683 1 year ago

had a few balls go back behind the rear back wall and land in the bottom of my cabinet. Flipper power +5 over stock.

5AE32FCC-D1BA-4966-B373-B5051B413F0A (resized).jpeg5AE32FCC-D1BA-4966-B373-B5051B413F0A (resized).jpeg
#11684 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me at what point of the game does the mine entrance go up and down several times in a row. I was pretty sure it did befor but I just put the mezel mods sign on and it doesn’t seem to do that rapid up and down but in the game

The mine does move in switch test and at points during the game but not the rapid up down.

#11685 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I would dial this back. I am at factory default and get very few and none that have gone behind the rear wall.

stock settings would airball on my machine. 6.5-7 degrees pitch, it's not a power problem, trust me my machine didn't feel good at stock flipper power had issues getting left and right Polly. I let all family and friends play it, they said the same thing flippers feel under powered. Might be a ramp issue, like where the metal transitions from the PF to the plastic ramp seems to have a little extra bump to pop the ball.

There is quite a few of us reporting airball issues.

Also I believe SDTM CDC's topper video was set to 5-6 power on their flippers.

#11686 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Can anyone tell me at what point of the game does the mine entrance go up and down several times in a row. I was pretty sure it did befor but I just put the mezel mods sign on and it doesn’t seem to do that rapid up and down but in the game
The mine does move in switch test and at points during the game but not the rapid up down.

I believe in mother lode?

#11687 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I believe in mother lode?

Yup mother lode jackpot collect sequence after hitting all the required shots in gold mine multiball or whatever its called.

Video example:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientArborealSandwichKappaRoss-Eo1z4F3IbZwgVgQu

#11688 1 year ago

Thx everyone makes sense don’t think I started motherlode after the install so that would explain it.

#11689 1 year ago

stock settings would airball on my machine. 6.5-7 degrees pitch, it's not a power problem, trust me my machine didn't feel good at stock flipper power had issues getting left and right Polly. I let all family and friends play it, they said the same thing flippers feel under powered. Might be a ramp issue, like where the metal transitions from the PF to the plastic ramp seems to have a little extra bump to pop the ball.
Also I believe SDTM CDC's topper video was set to 5-6 power on their flippers.

Have you owned a wpc game before or had the chance to play them a lot? the flipper do feel different than stern games. Your collection being all stern and they are super high power/snappy, they are much different than that....Just making sure that isn't the case. Feeling under powered but making all shots, means they aren't under powered.

#11690 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Have you owned a wpc game before or had the chance to play them a lot? the flipper do feel different than stern games. Your collection being all stern and they are super high power/snappy, they are much different than that....Just making sure that isn't the case. Feeling under powered but making all shots, means they aren't under powered.

Yes played quite a few WPC games, never owned WPC game, within my Stern collection, the Whitestar, Sam, Spike1 all feel different, I have other family members they have Gottlieb's as well, Could not get up the right and left polly ramps at stock power, unless it was perfect. I know feeling of making the shot I have a Prem GB that right side helix ramp is tough love.

I appreciate the feedback.

#11691 1 year ago

Yes played quite a few WPC games, never owned WPC game, within my Stern collection, the Whitestar, Sam, Spike1 all feel different, I have other family members they have Gottlieb's as well, Could not get up the right and left polly ramps at stock power, unless it was perfect. I know feeling of making the shot I have a Prem GB that right side helix ramp is tough love.
I appreciate the feedback.

Ok, didn’t mean any disrespect, sterns of all those years just have super snappy flippers so it may be a totally different experience and maybe let down if there is an expectation. Gottlieb sys3’s are pretty snap happy too, haha those flippers are nuts.

If you leveled the game, and made the pitch 6.5-7/7.5, start at default then work up slow. You could (maybe you have) have the glass off and put the ball on the flippers over and over to see if you can make ramp shots good. Also if there is an issue, maybe her a multimeter on the flipper coils and see what the power is not active and active and hold. Maybe there is a power issue?

#11692 1 year ago

Had it Week and a half. No more mods for this one. Came with the translite, art blades, shaker, and track mod. I swapped out some of the rubbers, added plastic protectors, knocker, illuminated flipper buttons (which I do wish were more yellow/gold instead of amber but it works), and picked up a sheet of Invisiglass today. Call it and my GZ done! Time to start saving for the next pin.
20230418_124601 (resized).jpg20230418_124601 (resized).jpg

#11693 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Had it Week and a half. No more mods for this one. Came with the translite, art blades, shaker, and track mod. I swapped out some of the rubbers, added plastic protectors, knocker, illuminated flipper buttons (which I do wish were more yellow/gold instead of amber but it works), and picked up a sheet of Invisiglass today. Call it and my GZ done! Time to start saving for the next pin.
[quoted image]

Yeah its a downside to the cupholder pucks and the buttons as they are more orangy than yellow but they still look good.

We are very happy with our game as well as the GZ pre we just got. Getting lots of play right now.

#11694 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah its a downside to the cupholder pucks and the buttons as they are more orangy than yellow but they still look good.
We are very happy with our game as well as the GZ pre we just got. Getting lots of play right now.

Quoted from Jagrmaister:

[quoted image]

My GZ and CCr are buddies. Good combo.

Shaker and real knocker added to both games. CCr has the mirrored backglass. Done.
IMG_0948 (resized).jpegIMG_0948 (resized).jpeg

#11695 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My GZ and CCr are buddies. Good combo.
Shaker and real knocker added to both games. CCr has the mirrored backglass. Done.
[quoted image]

NICE! Its a great combo for sure. Ours aren't next to each other there is a WCS smashed in between but they get the most play. GZ will be on a wall by itself in about 2 months when our Scooby arrives. We want show off the GZ and Scooby art packages so they will be the most visible. Poor JJPOTC and MBR have been pushed into the corner, lol.

#11696 1 year ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “For sale, brand new, never installed Limited Edition Brian Allen Alternative Acrylic Backglass #77 of 150. Sold out online, it comes numbered and with a signed CoA by Brian Allen....”
2023-04-18
Buckley, WA
250 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 39 times
Contributed to Pinside

Selling my Brian Allen LE Alternative Backglass and some other CCr mods I won't be needing if anybody is interested.

Now back to owners club stuff!

#11697 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

NICE! Its a great combo for sure. Ours aren't next to each other there is a WCS smashed in between but they get the most play. GZ will be on a wall by itself in about 2 months when our Scooby arrives. We want show off the GZ and Scooby art packages so they will be the most visible. Poor JJPOTC and MBR have been pushed into the corner, lol.

Great combo. I have both too. CC is incredible. They call it world under glass. When I play it. I feel that spark. I am there on a mission. It’s not just a game.

#11698 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Mod - For Sale

Flyland Design’s Alt. Cactus Canyon Acrylic Backglass

New ad!

NOS (New Old Stock) - “For sale, brand new, never installed Limited Edition Brian Allen Alternative Acrylic Backglass #77 of 150. Sold out online, it comes numbered and with a signed CoA by Brian Allen....”

50 minutes ago

Buckley, WA
(1,400 mi)

SpacelySpliffs

250 (Firm)

Selling my Brian Allen LE Alternative Backglass and some other CCr mods I won't be needing if anybody is interested.
Now back to owners club stuff!

I will take the door and speaker magnets

#11699 1 year ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I will take the door and speaker magnets

I replied to your message.

#11700 1 year ago

My CCLE will be here

Tomorrow !!

Now praying for that final day to arrive safely

Will report the victory picture

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/234?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.