(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 309.
#11551 1 year ago

Any suggestions for flasher covers in the game? I have the jug on order for the back right but that one on the left just smacks me in the face when it goes off.

I haven't seen any other ideas out there.

#11552 1 year ago
Quoted from jrh7:

Scoot, how did you attach the cart to the top?

I used a hot glue gun so it is still removable if need be.

#11553 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Had some 44 mag brass , drilled and tapped em, about a 5 minute job

Those look awesome! I may end up doing the same. Nice job on that!

#11554 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Any suggestions for flasher covers in the game? I have the jug on order for the back right but that one on the left just smacks me in the face when it goes off.
I haven't seen any other ideas out there.

Check post #4102

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/83#post-7040186

Flasher done with top drilled out. Cactus is from a string of cheap lights available on Amazon.

#11555 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Check post #4102
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/83#post-7040186
Flasher done with top drilled out. Cactus is from a string of cheap lights available on Amazon.

I had seen a picture of that elsewhere and was like that is a cool idea but couldn't find any other info.

Wonder if anyone else has done this, its cheesy but I like it

#11556 1 year ago

Does CCR ship so when you start game 1 the extended code fires up? Thx.

#11557 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Does CCR ship so when you start game 1 the extended code fires up? Thx.

Yes

#11558 1 year ago

Canadians, any updates on when we may be receiving/allowing CCLE's into Canada?

#11559 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Canadians, any updates on when we may be receiving/allowing CCLE's into Canada?

3rd quarter this year ...

5760.jpg5760.jpg
#11560 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

3rd quarter this year ...[quoted image]

Eff me.

I also ordered PF from them, I guess that one will be Q3 2024....hoo-boy.

#11561 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I also ordered PF from them

Probably get that first, someone was smart enough to get the UL Approval to ship outside the US on those...

#11562 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

Does anyone else’s playfield glass fall completely out of the entire length of one side channel when inserting it?
Original glass is 21” wide. Put a piece of invisiglass in today that’s also exactly 21” wide.
Here’s a couple pics. It’s like the game is too wide?
I added wooden skewers to the channels to center the glass so it doesn’t slide over to one side and fall out of the other. Doesn’t seem like I should have to do this. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow thats way off.....Have u heard back from CGC?

#11563 1 year ago

Delivery coming today!!

#11564 1 year ago

Finally put the topper on... WOW that is cool. I haven't hit the video mode but it is cool to have bart kick back (feels like a shaker motor) and arms move.

#11565 1 year ago

Hi guys!
Do you know if there's a way to tune up the volume of the music in CCr? Probably not but I wish I could make the main title music higher, as it's not that loud compare to the SFX and callouts.
Thanks

#11566 1 year ago

The eagle has landed. What a fun pin!
F77C4E9F-554F-46F6-9992-656038824740 (resized).jpegF77C4E9F-554F-46F6-9992-656038824740 (resized).jpeg1487521B-93B0-473E-9D94-78958EB32EC9 (resized).jpeg1487521B-93B0-473E-9D94-78958EB32EC9 (resized).jpegC7C94D9F-EE05-470A-A646-2F8483E806BD (resized).jpegC7C94D9F-EE05-470A-A646-2F8483E806BD (resized).jpeg

#11567 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

The eagle has landed. What a fun pin! #485.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#11568 1 year ago

Pulled the glass this evening to further adjust the left bad guy drop target spring and I noticed two philips head machine screws in the back left corner of the cabinet. Anyone wanna play a pinballer's favorite game? So far I haven't been able to figure out where they came from.

IMG_0911 (resized).jpegIMG_0911 (resized).jpegIMG_0912 (resized).jpegIMG_0912 (resized).jpegIMG_0913 (resized).jpegIMG_0913 (resized).jpegIMG_0914 (resized).jpegIMG_0914 (resized).jpeg
#11569 1 year ago

There is always some leftover parts when they put it together - its just spares

#11570 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Good one!

#11571 1 year ago

Found it! Top and bottom screws that hold the cabinet rail to the bottom of the playfield. Both of those screws go into t-nuts. The others are wood screws. I noticed the unused t-nut holes from above while giving the playfield a quick clean.

IMG_0915 (resized).jpegIMG_0915 (resized).jpegIMG_0916 (resized).jpegIMG_0916 (resized).jpeg
#11572 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow thats way off.....Have u heard back from CGC?

Is CGC who I should contact about it?

If the glass was at least 1/4” wider it wouldn’t be a problem. But I put Invisiglass in and it’s also 21” wide so it falls out of the guides as well.

Can anyone get some accurate measurements on their cabinet?

The position of the router groove in the cabinet side walls that the plastic channel sits in.

and

The distance between the inside edges of the pf glass plastic channels would be a good place to start. Thx!

#11573 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

Yes. Open a ticket on their website. Pictures and what is wrong.

Thank you.
LTG : )

#11574 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

A good tech always hides the leftovers. That's what miscellaneous screw jars are for. I've got dozens of them!

#11575 1 year ago

Whats better than getting a CCrLE delivered? Getting 2 delivered! (and no..I'm not a flipper...the other is for paynemic who lives near so we saved on shipping.

20230411_093041 (resized).jpg20230411_093041 (resized).jpg

Got her all setup.

20230411_151528 (resized).jpg20230411_151528 (resized).jpg

Only issues so far....is that the coinbox metal lid is way too tight ...well, its either the lid is too narrow or the plastic is too wide. Might have to sand down a side of the plastic lip.

Also....is it normal for an arm of the bart topper to rotate for a few minutes in attract mode? (like, thats intended?) I tried searching the thread for and didn't see an answer nor in the faq.

#11576 1 year ago

My two left bad guy pop up targets do not illuminate. The two right targets illuminate just fine. Does anyone know how to fix the left two bad guys? TIA.

#11577 1 year ago

Debating on whether to swap rubbers for transluscent or do a yellow/orange theme...or even some variation of (I think the 2 1/2" would definitely benefit with transluscent to add a little more light towards center). Any thoughts? Want to brighten it up a bit and replace the blacks either way.

#11578 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

If the glass was at least 1/4” wider it wouldn’t be a problem. But I put Invisiglass in and it’s also 21” wide so it falls out of the guides as well.
The position of the router groove in the cabinet side walls that the plastic channel sits in.
and
The distance between the inside edges of the pf glass plastic channels would be a good place to start. Thx!

Clearly a CGC issue that needs resolving. I always put invisiglass on all my games (including CGC)....I have never seen a gap that big.

#11579 1 year ago

Please follow the wires from them to the board they plug onto. Reseat the connector and be sure it is on tight.

#11580 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Debating on whether to swap rubbers for transluscent or do a yellow/orange theme...or even some variation of (I think the 2 1/2" would definitely benefit with transluscent to add a little more light towards center). Any thoughts? Want to brighten it up a bit and replace the blacks either way.

I went with blue looks nice, but will switch to translucent at some point, on all our other games.

#11581 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

just measure the inside cabinet dimension side to side and groove to groove. Should be an easy reference for them to cross check.

#11582 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Whats better than getting a CCrLE delivered? Getting 2 delivered! (and no..I'm not a flipper...the other is for paynemic who lives near so we saved on shipping.
[quoted image]
Got her all setup.
[quoted image]
Only issues so far....is that the coinbox metal lid is way too tight ...well, its either the lid is too narrow or the plastic is too wide. Might have to sand down a side of the plastic lip.
Also....is it normal for an arm of the bart topper to rotate for a few minutes in attract mode? (like, thats intended?) I tried searching the thread for and didn't see an answer nor in the faq.

Yeah!! My coin box lid was stuck so tight I had to pry it off!! Wow. But everything else is PERFECT!

Some observations I haven’t read yet.

1. The gunmetal armor not only looks AMAZING but also feels awesome under your hands! Like smooth and satiny. Unlike anything else I have!

2. I only played a few games, but I think I’m seeing that the topper Bart’s left and right arms move during a gunfight depending on which drop target (left side or right side) pops up!? Great coding if I’m seeing it correctly. And topper “video” mode is awesome.

#11583 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

just measure the inside cabinet dimension side to side and groove to groove. Should be an easy reference for them to cross check.

OK, ticket submitted at CGC. Hopefully they can help me out. PF Glass seems to be the correct width but is still falling out, so it seems like it's a little more involved to remedy.

#11584 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

OK, ticket submitted at CGC. Hopefully they can help me out. PF Glass seems to be the correct width but is still falling out, so it seems like it's a little more involved to remedy.

I alerted your ticket to the engineers. They may want some measurements or more pictures. May as well have them handy.

Thank you.

#11585 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah!! My coin box lid was stuck so tight I had to pry it off!! Wow. But everything else is PERFECT!
Some observations I haven’t read yet.
1. The gunmetal armor not only looks AMAZING but also feels awesome under your hands! Like smooth and satiny. Unlike anything else I have!
2. I only played a few games, but I think I’m seeing that the topper Bart’s left and right arms move during a gunfight depending on which drop target (left side or right side) pops up!? Great coding if I’m seeing it correctly. And topper “video” mode is awesome.

Yep.....definitely a satiny texture to the powdercoat...feels great on the hands.

And....now as soon as I turn on the pin, Barts left arm motor is constantly moving forward....in attract mode and in game. If I go into tests, and test "backward", it stops....otherwise it just keeps moving always. Any ideas? Or is this a ticket for CGC.

#11586 1 year ago

This is the second time my ball has gotten stuck here. Not sure what I can do to prevent this.

20230405_171322 (resized).jpg20230405_171322 (resized).jpg
#11587 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I went translucent with yellow flipper rubbers. The translucent looks really nice with the color changing GI

#11588 1 year ago

Can someone with the game check something for me. The metal lane guide rails, do they have t-nuts on bottom of the playfield holding these in place? Mine seem a little loose and not sure if those are supposed to maybe be there to hold these more firmly in place?

PXL_20230402_143629277 (resized).jpgPXL_20230402_143629277 (resized).jpg
#11589 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

This is the second time my ball has gotten stuck here. Not sure what I can do to prevent this.
[quoted image]

There's always 2 routes with airballs - blocking the potential ball traps, or addressing the root cause.

I've never had a ball stuck there, but I do have some left orbit rejects on hard shots which rattle and get bricked by that rail you can see behind your stuck ball at the pops exit.

I'm beginning to think mine sticks out too far into the orbit. Perhaps yours is too low and the ball is getting popped up by that rounded edge? Just a half-educated guess since I'm having issues with mine.

#11590 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

and

Hope this helps

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11591 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can someone with the game check something for me. The metal lane guide rails, do they have t-nuts on bottom of the playfield holding these in place? Mine seem a little loose and not sure if those are supposed to maybe be there to hold these more firmly in place?[quoted image]

Flipper plates are in the way, I see t nuts but they may be for the bolts that go for the in lane. Mine aren’t loose but they can be wiggled side to side

#11592 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can someone with the game check something for me. The metal lane guide rails, do they have t-nuts on bottom of the playfield holding these in place? Mine seem a little loose and not sure if those are supposed to maybe be there to hold these more firmly in place?[quoted image]

They are not attached to t-nuts, they are pushed into those holes from the top side of the playfield. Mine were loose too and were causing ball hop when moving at lower speed. I shimmed them forward to tighten them up in the holes and all ball hop has been eliminated.

#11593 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

and

Inside to inside of the cabinet is 20 1/2 inches, my voodoo glass is 21 1/16" wide.

#11594 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So...it didn't take long, I took an orbital sander to both sides of the plastic coinbox to file it down a bit (like...40 seconds a side or something) and it fixed it. Odd that I had to do it at all but was an easy fix.

I submitted a ticket to CGC about the continually rotating arm on the topper and will see what they say.

#11595 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

So...it didn't take long, I took an orbital sander to both sides of the plastic coinbox to file it down a bit (like...40 seconds a side or something) and it fixed it. Odd that I had to do it at all but was an easy fix.
I submitted a ticket to CGC about the continually rotating arm on the topper and will see what they say.

Sounds like the lids are slightly out of spec.

The plastic box is "off the shelf" so, I dont think that they have any problems.

#11596 1 year ago

I don't recall having a major issue on my CCRSE I just got but it was MFG in late Feb so probably not affected by whatever this issue is now.

#11597 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sounds like the lids are slightly out of spec.
The plastic box is "off the shelf" so, I dont think that they have any problems.

The metal lid fits on my other coinboxes...I think the plastic is out of spec (they probably got a new batch of plastic coinboxes and they are slightly too wide).

Edit: Actually.....no it doesn't. I must have previously tested it on the one coinbox it kind of fits on. It is tight on all of the others...so yeah the metal lid is probably what is out of spec.

#11599 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

The metal lid fits on my other coinboxes...I think the plastic is out of spec (they probably got a new batch of plastic coinboxes and they are slightly too wide).
Edit: Actually.....no it doesn't. I must have previously tested it on the one coinbox it kind of fits on. It is tight on all of the others...so yeah the metal lid is probably what is out of spec.

Since the plastic box is injection molded, I figured the die for it was well tested and probably ok.

Bent sheet metal can always be slightly off if the machinist isnt very careful or takes shortcuts.

#11600 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please follow the wires from them to the board they plug onto. Reseat the connector and be sure it is on tight.

The culprit.

14941325-5555-489C-9B45-77B227C61CDE (resized).jpeg14941325-5555-489C-9B45-77B227C61CDE (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/232?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.