(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,338 posts
  • 751 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 minutes ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 382 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 331 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(651 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg
362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg
C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
73000513275__A193B793-F018-40EE-B46C-ACC07564508F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
8C87C09E-DDC1-4C00-904E-4189F6921213 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 307.
#1052 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

not sure of the photo exactly... but mine has a rubber nipple back behind bart. We had one stuck ball early, but it hasn't been problematic.
[quoted image]

It looks like your machine has a fix to that problem installed on it. You have a metal bracket there that the other machine does not have. I wonder if that was one of the fixes they had to come up with on the line while making them.

#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

It looks like your machine has a fix to that problem installed on it. You have a metal bracket there that the other machine does not have. I wonder if that was one of the fixes they had to come up with on the line while making them.

I see what you mean now, I did not at first. Yes it does look different.

Richard

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I see what you mean now, I did not at first. Yes it does look different.
Richard

Thanks for the feedback, all
My machine also has that rubber bumper right on the platform, on left side of Bart that helps rolling out. But when the Bart mech moves side to side it leaves a greater gap between the platform and the rails; that's when sometimes the ball gets nudged there. I think both machines look the same (they appear different due to the angle of the shot). It doesn't happen often, but when it does, the "seek ball" can't pull it out, I need to turn it off and pull the glass. Annoying...

#1055 1 year ago

Was suppose to get my game yesterday - delayed in another state. Should arrive today!

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Was suppose to get my game yesterday - delayed in another state. Should arrive today!

Sweet!!

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

It doesn't happen often, but when it does, the "seek ball" can't pull it out, I need to turn it off and pull the glass. Annoying...

Why would you turn the game off? Open the coin door to cut the coil power(game won’t ball search anymore), slide glass off, grab ball and put in the shooter lane. Install glass, close door, and go!

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

In case you are planning on removing your speaker covers for some upgrades you will need to get your security bits ready.
[quoted image]

I'd say that's stupid but I have to remind myself these are meant to be on location, not in our homes. Security bit is warranted.

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Well our game is very early… i’ve had it almost a month now.

#1060 1 year ago

Brian Allen just emailed that he had (10) more of the 13x19 color art prints leftover from TPF that he thought he sold, and they are now on the website. I just checked and it looks like there's only 4 left if anybody wanted one: https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/cactus-canyon-13x19-full-bleed-metallic-sheen-art-print-limited-edition/

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Brian Allen just emailed that he had (10) more of the 13x19 color art prints leftover from TPF that he thought he sold, and they are now on the website. I just checked and it looks like there's only 4 left if anybody wanted one: https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/cactus-canyon-13x19-full-bleed-metallic-sheen-art-print-limited-edition/

Snagged one ! Thanks for the heads yup

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Snagged one ! Thanks for the heads yup

Nice. I received mine in the mail a couple days ago and it looks AMAZING!

#1063 1 year ago

CCr has arrived at the house! The rest of my work day is gonna be long....

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

CCr has arrived at the house! The rest of my work day is gonna be long....

Nice!!!! Looking forward to some pics!

#1065 1 year ago

Installed Brain Allen’s art blades today and they look great. Also installed Ulek train track mod another great easy install mod. Great job fellas.

Framed 2 of Brain Allen’s 13x19 prints and they look awesome.

49139F57-0B85-4501-B560-629193BF3888 (resized).jpeg49139F57-0B85-4501-B560-629193BF3888 (resized).jpeg51E2DBBD-7429-4333-9306-014567A1B41E (resized).jpeg51E2DBBD-7429-4333-9306-014567A1B41E (resized).jpeg529E2D11-6274-43CE-8CA9-7D22BA4BF29D (resized).jpeg529E2D11-6274-43CE-8CA9-7D22BA4BF29D (resized).jpeg80053B9D-97CC-41B6-9E14-160A848B006E (resized).jpeg80053B9D-97CC-41B6-9E14-160A848B006E (resized).jpegA8D8AD1F-5554-4612-B811-DB225FFCCBD4 (resized).jpegA8D8AD1F-5554-4612-B811-DB225FFCCBD4 (resized).jpegB29C3BDC-304B-4177-AE4A-E23404042033 (resized).jpegB29C3BDC-304B-4177-AE4A-E23404042033 (resized).jpegE5243A55-1FB6-4EC2-9DD2-67D2B6E2CB4D (resized).jpegE5243A55-1FB6-4EC2-9DD2-67D2B6E2CB4D (resized).jpeg
#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

Anyone else here having to deal with the ball getting nudged between Bart and the side edge? Looks like I could use some tall rubber bumper pad there...
[quoted image]

I played it at MGC this past November and the ball got stuck in that same spot - seemed to happen almost once/game. Happened to both my son and I. I assumed CGC knew it was an issue and was hoping there would be a clear fix. The ball search actually fixed it every time so we could keep playing. On the positive side (for us), I'm pretty sure we are not getting our SE+ until much later this year so hopefully it's addressed.

On the funny side....my son recently asked "when am I getting my pinball machine?".

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Why would you turn the game off? Open the coin door to cut the coil power(game won’t ball search anymore), slide glass off, grab ball and put in the shooter lane. Install glass, close door, and go!

True...

#1068 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I played it at MGC this past November and the ball got stuck in that same spot - seemed to happen almost once/game. Happened to both my son and I. I assumed CGC knew it was an issue and was hoping there would be a clear fix. The ball search actually fixed it every time so we could keep playing. On the positive side (for us), I'm pretty sure we are not getting our SE+ until much later this year so hopefully it's addressed.
On the funny side....my son recently asked "when am I getting my pinball machine?".

Mine is getting nudged deep in that gap; I'm about to send CGC a message if they have a fix plan, or I'll put some extra bumpers there.
I hope you get yours soon. I had my order back in Nov 2021 (my SE is #175 / 1000) so...

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

Anyone else here having to deal with the ball getting nudged between Bart and the side edge? Looks like I could use some tall rubber bumper pad there...
[quoted image]

Red Rabbit I have about 25 plays on mine and has not got stuck there. What's your pitch? I have mine set slightly above the level bubble at 6.5

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Installed Brain Allen’s art blades today and they look great. Also installed Ulek train track mod another great easy install mod. Great job fellas.

Any install tips / tricks to share (for either mod)?

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

There is an install video for the tracks. Looks pretty simple.

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Like JFH tracks super easy. Just slide left first and 2 screws right screw first then center screw. Screws included kit.

Side art blades I use the wet method it’s more forgiving. Raise playfield to upright position place bath towels over wires, electronics etc. Peel and place art blade reverse side on towel and spray with water. Also lightly spray inside of cabinet panel. When in right position squeegee out water with a credit card and wipe excess water.

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Red Rabbit I have about 25 plays on mine and has not got stuck there. What's your pitch? I have mine set slightly above the level bubble at 6.5

6.6... but sometimes we hit Bart with a fast ball, the Bart mech moves side to side and the ball jumps around and lands there. It's not frequent (I have almost 100 games, happened 2x, I think during multiballs), it just happens bc I think there's a small design flaw

#1074 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Side art blades I use the wet method.

Thanks. Have stolen this for the FAQ.

#1075 1 year ago

For those that have a game - how does the mine move on the playfield? The one I played recently seemed to only slightly move the wood beam to the left of the scoop - the top area of the mine didn't really move much at all - is that normal?

#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Like JFH tracks super easy. Just slide left first and 2 screws right screw first then center screw. Screws included kit.

Side art blades I use the wet method it’s more forgiving. Raise playfield to upright position place bath towels over wires, electronics etc. Peel and place art blade reverse side on towel and spray with water. Also lightly spray inside of cabinet panel. When in right position squeegee out water with a credit card and wipe excess water.

Thanks for the tips!

#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

For those that have a game - how does the mine move on the playfield? The one I played recently seemed to only slightly move the wood beam to the left of the scoop - the top area of the mine didn't really move much at all - is that normal?

Moved pretty good I would say. It "blocks" the shot in the down position.

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

6.6... but sometimes we hit Bart with a fast ball, the Bart mech moves side to side and the ball jumps around and lands there. It's not frequent (I have almost 100 games, happened 2x, I think during multiballs), it just happens bc I think there's a small design flaw

Keep us posted, very interesting

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

I have no issues with ball sticking there at all. My game is 6.5 degrees...

#1080 1 year ago

If anyone purchased one of the Brian Allen Limited backglasses and ends up not using or wanting it. Let me know im looking to purchase one.

#1081 1 year ago

Question for owners so far

On my original Cactus Canyon

The ball would actually get stuck in the square notch the mine sign would raise and lower from and even a ball search wouldn’t clear the ball

Has this happened to anyone at all ?

Was curious

Very excited all these games are getting into homes

#1082 1 year ago

This this used to happen in my original also, I made it a little steeper and problem was fixed

#1083 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

The ball would actually get stuck in the square notch the mine sign would raise and lower from and even a ball search wouldn’t clear the ball
Was curious

I saw it get stuck there on a remake at TPF.
A ball search did remove it.

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Was curious

It’s happened here with our SE. Maybe six times. We haven’t leveled our game at all because it’s in a temporary spot. Ball search easily gets the ball back in play.

#1085 1 year ago

Maaan; I watched the TPF seminar - those new drops are fantastic. I'm envious.

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Their use of the "tube" solenoid could be real game changer for new games!

#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You don’t have to be. Wouldn’t it be cool to have an original with your code AND a remake in the same collection?

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You don’t have to be. Wouldn’t it be cool to have an original with your code AND a remake in the same collection?

Just let me get my meth empire up and running so I can afford that.

#1089 1 year ago

Breaking news alert from NBC affiliate WTMJ:

Sudden explosion in quiet residential Muskego neighborhood this afternoon. Film at 11.

#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

My one concern is the lip that holds the target up is not servicable Those lips break all the time on Sterns and it's basically the same catch mechanism, but with a cutout in it.. I guess for the drop coil plunger.

It's up in there and riveted vs held with hardware. So it's a unique part and not tool swappable.

#1091 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

My one concern is the lip that holds the target up is not servicable Those lips break all the time on Sterns and it's basically the same catch mechanism, but with a cutout in it.. I guess for the drop coil plunger.
It's up in there and riveted vs held with hardware. So it's a unique part and not tool swappable.

Can anyone confirm that this is the target style that's being used on the CCr?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8750

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Can anyone confirm that this is the target style that's being used on the CCr?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8750

No. The CGC target is redesigned and clear with a new part number.

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. The CGC target is redesigned and clear with a new part number.

Are the drop targets available anywhere for purchase?

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Are the drop targets available anywhere for purchase?

Not yet. Any Chicago Gaming unique parts available for the game will be sold by Planetary Pinball.

#1095 1 year ago

Mine has landed and it is even better than expected . Forgot how much fun this game was . The last time I played it i was maybe 11.

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Mine has landed and it is even better than expected . Forgot how much fun this game was . The last time I played it i was maybe 11.

Photos or it didn’t happen

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

The last time I played it i was maybe 11.

Now I fell old.

#1098 1 year ago

The real question is..... Has Richard got word on when he will get his game!?

#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The real question is..... Has Richard got word on when he will get is game!?

Haha! Nope! Not yet!
Got my train tracks, shaker, mirror blades…
All good! I’m sure it will be worth the wait!
Current view:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The real question is..... Has Richard got word on when he will get his game!?

Did CGC ship ANY games to Canada yet?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 15,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 307.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/22?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.