(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 minutes ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 309.
#11251 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
New LE owner here...
I did check FAQs but maybe I missed something.
Can someone please gently explain, step by step, the topper gunfight?
I know how to qualify the gunfight on the topper and how to move the LEDs back and forth by using the flippers but what and when am I shooting for? Also, how do I actually fire my gun at the bad guy?
Also, the bad guy rocks back and forth when I lose the gunfight (which is every time, at the moment), but I never see him raise his arms to shoot me!
I did look at some Youtube vids but no-one actually explains what's going on!
A detailed step by step explanation of the gunfight sequence, etc., would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Roger

Pretty sure just crossing the illuminated target in the window with your dot is the act of “shooting” I don’t believe there is a trigger pull mechanic built in to the software (ala pressing both flippers at the same time to “shoot”). There are good guys/gals and bad guys that appear. Your job is to avoid crossing the good ones and place your dot over only the bad ones. Bart becomes one of the bad ones periodically and you must include shooting him just like the rest of the bandits. I believe when he raises his guns is when you would need to move your dot in front of him. Not sure how many baddies (20?) are needed to “win”. If only I had my LE to find out and help you further...

#11252 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
New LE owner here...
I did check FAQs but maybe I missed something.
Can someone please gently explain, step by step, the topper gunfight?
I know how to qualify the gunfight on the topper and how to move the LEDs back and forth by using the flippers but what and when am I shooting for? Also, how do I actually fire my gun at the bad guy?
Also, the bad guy rocks back and forth when I lose the gunfight (which is every time, at the moment), but I never see him raise his arms to shoot me!
I did look at some Youtube vids but no-one actually explains what's going on!
A detailed step by step explanation of the gunfight sequence, etc., would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Roger

But I could not find any printed instructions for Topper game play. The video said it is set at 10 and not changeable. That is incorrect. Maybe (hopefully) in revised manual.

#11253 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

But I could not find any printed instructions for Topper game play. The video say it is set at 10 and not changeable. That is incorrect.

Yes, its incorrect.

#11254 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

But I could not find any printed instructions for Topper game play. The video said it is set at 10 and not changeable. That is incorrect. Maybe (hopefully) in revised manual.

I set mine on 5 hits for now. will probably increase it as the family gets more familiar with the game. The manual indicates you can not change subsequent required hits for another gunfight.

#11255 1 year ago
Quoted from davej:

I set mine on 5 hits for now. will probably increase it as the family gets more familiar with the game. The manual indicates you can not change subsequent required hits for another gunfight.

What's a good score on the mode? I've gotten to 18 twice, usually 14 or 15. No idea on why it stops tho, cant tell good guys from bad when I'm playing

#11256 1 year ago

Any new game deliveries? What number are they up to?

#11257 1 year ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Any new game deliveries? What number are they up to?

Pulp Fiction is on SN# 187...

J/K

#11258 1 year ago

Bunch of CC gulps done. If you’re interested on me.

A84C7E13-DBB3-46D4-81DA-169B12FAB7C3 (resized).jpegA84C7E13-DBB3-46D4-81DA-169B12FAB7C3 (resized).jpeg
#11259 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

[quoted image]

Very nice, what's the price?

#11261 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

You only have two possible inputs during shootout…left or right flipper. You’re supposed to move the roving lit LED’s on the front of the topper left or right so that they align below w/ the ‘bad guy’ in one of the windows. If a ‘good guy’ is lit, you simply avoid lining up w/ that window. The Bart sculpt will draw one of his guns and flash indicating that you need to align the LEDs with him before he shoots at you. Yes, he does more than rock back/forth. It sounds like you’re just not surviving the mode long enough. Of course, the longer you can do this, the amount of time you have to get to your target gets shorter. I believe if you get shot twice, the feature ends. As far as firing your gun, you don’t have to do anything except get the moving LEDs underneath the intended target and the game auto fires for you.

Quoted from rogerdodger:

See my answer above.

#11262 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

You only have two possible inputs during shootout…left or right flipper. You’re supposed to move the roving lit LED’s on the front of the topper left or right so that they align below w/ the ‘bad guy’ in one of the windows. If a ‘good guy’ is lit, you simply avoid lining up w/ that window. The Bart sculpt will draw one of his guns and flash indicating that you need to align the LEDs with him before he shoots at you. Yes, he does more than rock back/forth. It sounds like you’re just not surviving the mode long enough. Of course, the longer you can do this, the amount of time you have to get to your target gets shorter. I believe if you get shot twice, the feature ends. As far as firing your gun, you don’t have to do anything except get the moving LEDs underneath the intended target and the game auto fires for you.

See my answer above.

Great information and now I understand.

Thanks to all who responded.

Roger

#11263 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hey everyone. Just picked up an SE! Absolutely love this game and happy to be a part of the family. Of course this happens and it’s on the side that is exposed to everyone’s view. Any help with a good touch up method or fix? Thanks!!
[quoted image]

Find a fake bullet, cut it in half, stick it there.

#11264 1 year ago

Thank you! 89.00

Hey pinsiders- Received this early version of the barrel cup yesterday. Looks great and nice quality. Thank you again. Perfect!
B14456E5-E772-42D5-8142-8F1CEB107475 (resized).jpegB14456E5-E772-42D5-8142-8F1CEB107475 (resized).jpeg

89E030B1-8761-497F-B362-34B7B34C03C7 (resized).jpeg89E030B1-8761-497F-B362-34B7B34C03C7 (resized).jpeg
#11265 1 year ago

Just bumped into Jeremy from Pinball Mayhem at MGC. If you see this Jeremy send me a PM!

#11266 1 year ago
Quoted from Jnuch:

Hey pinsiders- Received this early version of the barrel cup yesterday. Looks great and nice quality. Thank you again. Perfect!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Really nice lineup.

#11267 1 year ago

@Jnuch: Nice collection! What happened to your plaque on your TAFG?
Enjoy your CCR LE!

#11268 1 year ago

I wanted to give you all a heads up that I am creating my own Polly water mod. Details to follow soon. I took feedback that was provided. Stay tuned

#11269 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Jnuch: Nice collection! What happened to your plaque on your TAFG?
Enjoy your CCR LE!

Not a true TAFG, no buy in button, but a really nice resto.

#11270 1 year ago

Agreed, beautifully restored @pinballinreno.
Still waiting for CCR LE north of the boarder...

#11271 1 year ago

So cool to see folks getting their games. Lot of patient pinheads… Also love seeing all the amazing mods people are coming up with. Very inspiring

#11272 1 year ago
Quoted from Jnuch:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congrats !!

Looks Great

#11273 1 year ago

Just moved out an F14 Tomcat in anticipation of a new pin. Was looking for IM, DP, or CCR. All were on my short list. Think I struck a deal on a CCR and just arranging pick up later this week. Can't wait. Game played great at the Chicago Expo last fall. Super excited. You boys may be looking at a new sheriff!

#11274 1 year ago

Not sure it is an update per se on the code but Josh just threw this nugget out there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/72#post-7506881

#11275 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Not sure it is an update per se on the code but Josh just threw this nugget out there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/72#post-7506881

Nothing new.

#11276 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Still waiting for CCR LE north of the boarder...

Bumped into Ryan at MGC and asked him (and said get Richard his game!) about Canadian deliveries. He said they are still going through the Canadian version of the UL process for testing a part and it needed to go through additional tests to get approval for the sticker. Once it completes testing and passes they will get the green light. Ball is in motion.

#11277 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nothing new.

Not per se. But after months of silence from CGC at least it confirms for many who have been wondering that it hasn’t been abandoned.

#11278 1 year ago

Got my invoice for final payment of my CCrLE...

#11279 1 year ago

Hi Guys:

For those of you still waiting for your LE or SE+, hang in there. Believe me, it is worth the wait. This machine is more fun than a barrel-load of monkeys!!

Also, consider installing HD glass. I installed Invisiglass on my LE. Makes a massive difference, especially if you have overhead lighting. Not cheap but well worth it, in my opinion.

Roger

#11280 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Not per se. But after months of silence from CGC at least it confirms for many who have been wondering that it hasn’t been abandoned.

Those that have followed the project and CCr know how important this upgrade is to CGC. The idea they would simply abandon it is ridiculous and unfounded (and likely fiscally irresponsible). Yes, the project is behind schedule (primarily because of the unenviable task of having to fill Lyman’s shoes) but the few peeks we have seen show CGC is committed to the vision that Lyman and Josh had from the beginning. I have no doubt that Doug has the same dedication to seeing this is great as he did with the development and production of the incredible topper.

The people that have called it into question are primarily trolls and staunch CGC critics who seem to delight in bashing CGC however they can. They can think it’s been abandoned all they want while the rest of us have the patience to wait for the official announcement later this year.

#11281 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
For those of you still waiting for your LE or SE+, hang in there. Believe me, it is worth the wait. This machine is more fun than a barrel-load of monkeys!!
Also, consider installing HD glass. I installed Invisiglass on my LE. Makes a massive difference, especially if you have overhead lighting. Not cheap but well worth it, in my opinion.
Roger

Would love to own one but missed the LE train and can’t stomach the flipper price right now. Unfortunately even once CGC is done with the run I don’t think the pricing will drop. Same with MMR.

#11282 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Jnuch: Nice collection! What happened to your plaque on your TAFG?
Enjoy your CCR LE!

Thank you ~ Was able to buy a TAF gold clone in awesome condition so went that route at that time. Still a great game to play IMO.

CCR LE is an awesome game to play so congrats to everyone getting one! Keep those mods coming.

#11283 1 year ago

I received mine yesterday. It is AWESOME! Looks even better in person. This is a must have.

#11284 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Would love to own one but missed the LE train and can’t stomach the flipper price right now. Unfortunately even once CGC is done with the run I don’t think the pricing will drop. Same with MMR.

The prices usually go up once the machine is no longer made.

#11285 1 year ago
Quoted from Jnuch:

It looks like the barrel bands are close to the LE trim color. Does it seem that way in real life?

#11286 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

The prices usually go up once the machine is no longer made.

That is my fear as well.

#11287 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It looks like the barrel bands are close to the LE trim color. Does it seem that way in real life?

Yes!

I can't get over how nice it is. HIGHLY recommend.

#11289 1 year ago
Quoted from davej:

How can the amount of hits to the beer mug be changed to start the topper fight?

#11290 1 year ago

More importantly why is it there and not in this thread?

#11291 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

How can the amount of hits to the beer mug be changed to start the topper fight?

Adjustments - Extended Rules - scroll through. Next to last one and last one. Hits required for shoot out.

LTG : )

#11292 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjustments - Extended Rules - scroll through. Next to last one and last one. Hits required for shoot out.

Josh just said the CCC-+ code is coming and would be “worth the wait”

#11293 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

More importantly why is it there and not in this thread?

Easter eggs in Pinside.

#11294 1 year ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

Easter eggs in Pinside.

I asked and he answered there.

Just set up my LE and going to hop on!

#11295 1 year ago

Need some help on an SE

Multiple sensors triggering on their own, the right ramp sensor (triggers skillshot reward instantly) the trickshot sensor (automatically finishing all trickshots and causing combos to be triggered), the buckin bronco sensor (hitting the pops causes a "combo" to trigger on that sensor every time a pop goes off)

Tried vacuuming, changing balls, etc.

#11296 1 year ago
Quoted from Rewdood:

Need some help on an SE

Please PM me your email address and I'll email you a PDF trouble shooting guide.

#11297 1 year ago
Quoted from Rewdood:

Need some help on an SE
Multiple sensors triggering on their own, the right ramp sensor (triggers skillshot reward instantly) the trickshot sensor (automatically finishing all trickshots and causing combos to be triggered), the buckin bronco sensor (hitting the pops causes a "combo" to trigger on that sensor every time a pop goes off)
Tried vacuuming, changing balls, etc.

See inductive sensors section in FAQ and start there.

#11298 1 year ago

Was getting air balls off the train track while I was working on rasing the track noticed the balls was hitting the barrel on mezel mod trian stop. I removed the barrel and no more air balls. I’ve played with many ways to install and it was on perfectly the barrel even if I move to the side like in this pic hits the ball. It’s worse when right in front of stop

A5AE9205-B8DD-438D-A2B2-767D4F1E75FC (resized).jpegA5AE9205-B8DD-438D-A2B2-767D4F1E75FC (resized).jpegBB1BE148-DB62-433F-8333-0B2802C1C2E0 (resized).jpegBB1BE148-DB62-433F-8333-0B2802C1C2E0 (resized).jpeg
#11299 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Got my invoice for final payment of my CCrLE...

From a fellow Canadian waiting on his LE…. I believe an APRIL FOOLS is in order! For a second year of April fools i might add!!

#11300 1 year ago

EDIT: pics are in the FAQ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/226?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.