(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,404 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by great-hosts
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 309.
#11201 1 year ago

any news on international shipments yet?

#11202 1 year ago

What happened to Polly on the tracks!!!!!! That’s what I thought would be first ramp 3D not over falls. We need a Polly on the tracks and not a diesel goon one

#11203 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thought I would share the final version. The mount is reversible so you can mount it to either side of your game… and if you get bored you can move it to the other side [quoted image]

Wow! This looks really good!

#11204 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

The one they are using looks like a Carol Burnett skit.

Gave me Olive Oyl vibes

292E7CEA-6FD1-4110-B7A6-E9F21D7F74A5 (resized).jpeg292E7CEA-6FD1-4110-B7A6-E9F21D7F74A5 (resized).jpeg
#11205 1 year ago

foxtj24 sorry buddy, this one I am not willing to share. Generally I am very generous with my Files, but a lot of work went into this. Hope you understand.

#11206 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Is this normal or damaged. Insert looks like messed up inside others don’t look like that or am I over analyzing
[quoted image][quoted image]

Needs to go to the dump. 4k is the best I can do.

#11207 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

foxtj24 sorry buddy, this one I am not willing to share. Generally I am very generous with my Files, but a lot of work went into this. Hope you understand.

I dont blame you

#11208 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:foxtj24 sorry buddy, this one I am not willing to share. Generally I am very generous with my Files, but a lot of work went into this. Hope you understand.

no problem at all. Did not hurt to ask.

#11209 1 year ago
Quoted from Shivers:

I was one of the first on the list for a SE+, but still no news...I guess we'll have to be patient.

#11210 1 year ago

Any new teasers about LFS Saloon package?

#11211 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Any new teasers if they ever will be able to ship outside of the USA.

#11212 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Ha ha. Funny.

(no one’s heard anything for months, no one will hear anything further until it’s done in a year or two)

#11213 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Needs to go to the dump. 4k is the best I can do.

Oooooh and that’s Canadian not even real money looney Toony

#11214 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Well, it’s not called the “LFS Saloon Package”

(Does that count?)

#11215 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, it’s not called the “LFS Saloon Package”
(Does that count?)

Not nice to disrespect my honor to the greatness.
Has CGC actually come up with an official name?
I guess that would be a step. If not I like my name “LFS Saloon Package”

#11216 1 year ago

Invoice paid # 476 on the way !

#11217 1 year ago

So correct me if I am wrong here please.

If I can get just an SE version not LE (or even SE+ which feels like it may never make the light of day) I am only giving up the following things that have real value in gameplay (sorry not listing the artist sculpted items as there are mods out there that are as good or better ... I think)

Shaker motor - can be added later for about $160
Topper - does not affect gameplay but would certainly be nice to have

Is that correct? I feel like I remember the LE having a lot more things to it but I am looking at the chart on CGC and the things that are most important like RGB lighting the big display etc are in all versions

#11218 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So correct me if I am wrong here please.
If I can get just an SE version not LE (or even SE+ which feels like it may never make the light of day) I am only giving up the following things that have real value in gameplay (sorry not listing the artist sculpted items as there are mods out there that are as good or better ... I think)
Shaker motor - can be added later for about $160
Topper - does not affect gameplay but would certainly be nice to have
Is that correct? I feel like I remember the LE having a lot more things to it but I am looking at the chart on CGC and the things that are most important like RGB lighting the big display etc are in all versions

train tracks
Mine Cart
wood-like apron
plaque
mirrored trans lite? can't remember

#11219 1 year ago

train tracks
Mine Cart
wood-like apron
plaque
mirrored trans lite? can't remember

art blades
powder coat trim - gun metal

#11220 1 year ago

yeah but gameplay and feature wise nothing different.

As I recall when MMR, AFMR, and MBR came out the SE model was missing important things like RGB lighting (or so I thought) and I just assumed CCR was the same. Again I could be wrong.

I may be able to do a regular SE model then since LEs are out of my budget.

#11221 1 year ago

The only gameplay difference from an SE to an SE+/LE is the topper. Without the topper, there’s no way of knowing where you’re aiming your gunshots in video mode. I would also consider the shaker motor as a gameplay element as well, but you mentioned that.

#11222 1 year ago
Quoted from Canadian12:

The only gameplay difference from an SE to an SE+/LE is the topper. Without the topper, there’s no way of knowing where you’re aiming your gunshots in video mode. I would also consider the shaker motor as a gameplay element as well, but you mentioned that.

Yeah definitely would add the shaker. Would love the topper as well but that is a steep price to pay for the topper even though I like it a lot and love my MBRLE.

#11223 1 year ago

Our distributor stated export games are to be built in June. Hopefully that will see them arrive here in August/September. Really looking forward to that.

#11224 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

yeah but gameplay and feature wise nothing different.
As I recall when MMR, AFMR, and MBR came out the SE model was missing important things like RGB lighting (or so I thought) and I just assumed CCR was the same. Again I could be wrong.
I may be able to do a regular SE model then since LEs are out of my budget.

Ordered an SE for home after setting up an LE on location for a buddy. No regrets. No gameplay difference and the RGB is brilliant. No topper enabled video mode for the SE. Immediate availability was a plus for me at the time since I had a STTNG sized hole in my lineup.

#11225 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Ordered an SE for home after setting up an LE on location for a buddy. No regrets. No gameplay difference and the RGB is brilliant. No topper enabled video mode for the SE. Immediate availability was a plus for me at the time since I had a STTNG sized hole in my lineup.

Thanks hoping to find a decent deal on an SE then and save the money. I can yearn for a topper while I play the game, lol.

#11226 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks hoping to find a decent deal on an SE then and save the money. I can yearn for a topper while I play the game, lol.

Don't let the fact that I live in VA tempt you. Mine's bolted!

#11227 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I remember the LE having a lot more things to it but I am looking at the chart on CGC and the things that are most important like RGB lighting the big display etc are in all versions

Others have pointed out what you missed (and the extended warranty) however if you look at the FAQ (first two posts of this thread) you will learn everything you need to know about the three models. There is even more info there than on the official page.

tl;dr - if you don’t want the extra bling or the topper, the SE is the way to go.

#11228 1 year ago

mirrored trans lite?

The mirrored backglass is an optional product purchased through PPS (one per game).

#11229 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Others have pointed out what you missed (and the extended warranty) however if you look at the FAQ (first two posts of this thread) you will learn everything you need to know about the three models. There is even more info there than on the official page.
tl;dr - if you don’t want the extra bling or the topper, the SE is the way to go.

Apologies I didn't think to check the FAQ.

While I would love the topper its hard to justify an additional 3-4k for it (Seeing some SEs going for as low as mid 7s and LEs are mid 11s). SE plus if it sees the light of day is $9250 which I did do a deposit for but have decided not to get.

#11230 1 year ago

Got the email I’ve been waiting for

I ship out ship on Friday Folks

Will record my LE number and build date

#11231 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Apologies I didn't think to check the FAQ.
While I would love the topper its hard to justify an additional 3-4k for it (Seeing some SEs going for as low as mid 7s and LEs are mid 11s). SE plus if it sees the light of day is $9250 which I did do a deposit for but have decided not to get.

If you can get an SE for $7k+ that’s an awesome deal. You won’t have the topper but you will be able to run the (future) upgrade code. The topper is absolutely worth the extra $1250 but I agree with you that’s a tough buy if the actual difference could be $4k.

#11232 1 year ago

I got my shipping notice!

#11233 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

If you put the game on original code without the color display. You can see the original dots.

Something I noticed about the original dots setting in the code (for the record I’m not the normal player, I prefer playing original code with original dots, orange and all lol) the skillshot animations were SLIGHTLY changed! Has anyone noticed? When the lasso surrounds a skillshot value icon the graphic changes like it was roughed up. Where did that come from? Would Chicago Gaming go through the trouble of redrawing original dots for a setting most people wouldn’t bother with in the first place? Am I hallucinating? Is it my machine? Anyway, I’ll take photos tomorrow to show what I’m referring to, or you can check your game and compare with original CC machines via YouTube in the meantime. Strange!

#11234 1 year ago
Quoted from Shivers:

Word is international orders are being built in June.

#11235 1 year ago

The video mode is still kinda fun without the topper. You can't see where you're aiming, but you can get a feel for it; the position is relative to the last guy you shot. I routinely get 10+ bad guys, but haven't got up on the board for it.

Does anyone know how to set the high score on the video mode? It looks like the default metric is a time, not a score or number of bad guys.

#11236 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

The video mode is still kinda fun without the topper. You can't see where you're aiming, but you can get a feel for it; the position is relative to the last guy you shot. I routinely get 10+ bad guys, but haven't got up on the board for it.
Does anyone know how to set the high score on the video mode? It looks like the default metric is a time, not a score or number of bad guys.

How does one get into the video mode without the topper? asking for a friend...

#11237 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Set Adjustment G.21 is to Yes. Then hit the beer mug the required number of times (by default it's 15, but you can raise or lower that), at which point Bart starts glowing green, and you hit it into his trough to start it.

#11238 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Have your friend check out the FAQ

It’s not really a video mode you can play but an interesting side effect of the topper support.

#11239 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Have your friend check out the FAQ
It’s not really a video mode you can play but an interesting side effect of the topper support.

Ill check it out... err ah have them check it out! thx

#11240 1 year ago

I was under the impression that the Beer stein hit was hard coded at 10 and not changeable. I was bummed when he said that in the demo thinking it would be cool lower until you are up to speed with the game flow.

#11241 1 year ago

Seems a waste to not have the option of a working video mode for the SE folks

#11242 1 year ago

I just saw a mirrored backglass in the market if anyone is looking for one.

#11243 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I was under the impression that the Beer stein hit was hard coded at 10 and not changeable. I was bummed when he said that in the demo thinking it would be cool lower until you are up to speed with the game flow.

Nope, you can lower it in the settings, I have ours on 5 hits just so we can play it more often

#11244 1 year ago

Potential new owner here. I would love to spend the day reading hundreds of pages of posts about the game but I just don't have the time. Could someone kindly fill me in with out of the box issues (SE version) that I may face? Thank you so much.

#11245 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Potential new owner here. I would love to spend the day reading hundreds of pages of posts about the game but I just don't have the time. Could someone kindly fill me in with out of the box issues (SE version) that I may face? Thank you so much.

There’s a slingshot-type kicker just under the pop bumpers. You’ll want to tweak it for more action up there. I took out my plunger spring and stretched it to make it stronger (I think LTG gave that tip). Other than that, it’s solid and trouble-free.

OH, and don’t forget to cut off the zip tie holding the train in position. I made that mistake.

#11246 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

AF09AF1E-DDD3-4219-A0E4-47A09376F54A (resized).jpegAF09AF1E-DDD3-4219-A0E4-47A09376F54A (resized).jpeg

I’ll save jfh the time

#11247 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image]
I’ll save jfh the time

There's a FAQ section ????????

#11248 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image]
I’ll save jfh the time

Wow! Great information there, thanks!

#11249 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’ll save jfh the time

Lol. Thanks!

(FAQ in the first two posts of the thread)

#11250 1 year ago

Hi Guys:

New LE owner here...

I did check FAQs but maybe I missed something.

Can someone please gently explain, step by step, the topper gunfight?

I know how to qualify the gunfight on the topper and how to move the LEDs back and forth by using the flippers but what and when am I shooting for? Also, how do I actually fire my gun at the bad guy?

Also, the bad guy rocks back and forth when I lose the gunfight (which is every time, at the moment), but I never see him raise his arms to shoot me!

I did look at some Youtube vids but no-one actually explains what's going on!

A detailed step by step explanation of the gunfight sequence, etc., would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Roger

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/225 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.