(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,415 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 309.
#11151 1 year ago

W

Ok thanks I’m like greeeeeat my luck

#11152 1 year ago

Good things come to those who wait! Now to unbox it!

20230327_112432 (resized).jpg20230327_112432 (resized).jpg
#11153 1 year ago

Anyone having issues with ball on trian ramp? Mine flys off when you get a strong shot at very end of ramp and Into ball trough and loose life obviously. I tried turning down flippers but still happens or their turned down too much and not good to use. I don’t want to raise the game either it’s dialed in

#11154 1 year ago

All Skulls have been spoken for. I will send them out this Saturday at the latest.

#11155 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Ok thanks I’m like greeeeeat my luck

I have one thats worse!

#11156 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

All Skulls have been spoken for. I will send them out this Saturday at the latest.

Do you have a link to the smaller ones? Also, I’d love to see pictures of how you’re using them to judge the scale.

Thanks in advance!

#11157 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Anyone having issues with ball on trian ramp? Mine flys off when you get a strong shot at very end of ramp and Into ball trough and loose life obviously. I tried turning down flippers but still happens or their turned down too much and not good to use. I don’t want to raise the game either it’s dialed in

Yes…I turned down the flippers and it doesn’t seem to happen much anymore but the other shots are now more difficult.

Robert

#11158 1 year ago

What size are the skulls? Waiting on my game and I want to take a shot at 3d printing them.

#11159 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have one thats worse!

Really post pics. I guess just bad insert while being made but should hold up ‍♂️

#11160 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes…I turned down the flippers and it doesn’t seem to happen much anymore but the other shots are now more difficult.
Robert

Ok yes

#11161 1 year ago

I just want to say that Chris from King Pin Games In Wisconsin is a great distributor to deal with. I had a spot switched to me and he was great at documenting and sending me all the info to make it happen. He answered all me emails and their were a lot over many months. So if you have several distributors near to you and King Pin is one option Here’s a real review. Shop with confidence and give them your business ✌

#11162 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Found a bison skull, matches the image on the backglass pretty close
[quoted image][quoted image]

I went with the horned frog had laying around . Its got a spring in tail a head so shakes around some .

15E2A35B-2B99-4711-BCDB-6561DDDFE884 (resized).jpeg15E2A35B-2B99-4711-BCDB-6561DDDFE884 (resized).jpeg
#11163 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

I'm not sure how it connects offhand, but have you tried raising the ramp a little at the left end (exit) with a washer, etc? Just to let gravity slow it just a little more?

#11164 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not sure how it connects offhand, but have you tried raising the ramp a little at the left end (exit) with a washer, etc? Just to let gravity slow it just a little more?

Not yet but I’m thinking of things like what your saying and seeing what everyone including yourself says. That’s not a bad idea

#11165 1 year ago

Hey Sheriff's, I forgot to post this on Friday for you guys from TPF 2023, enjoy!
Polly 1 (resized).jpgPolly 1 (resized).jpgPolly 2 (resized).jpgPolly 2 (resized).jpgPolly 3 (resized).jpgPolly 3 (resized).jpg

#11166 1 year ago

I'm still getting airballs off to the right of Bart, I've turned flipper power down to where I can't make a ramp, then turned back up the minimum. I'm at 7.2°, dead level, tried biasing to the left, I cut zipties to give the Bart mech a little more room to move to the right.. Tried a rubber dot, but it made it worse. Any ideas?

#11167 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm still getting airballs off to the right of Bart, I've turned flipper power down to where I can't make a ramp, then turned back up the minimum. I'm at 7.2°, dead level, tried biasing to the left, I cut zipties to give the Bart mech a little more room to move to the right.. Tried a rubber dot, but it made it worse. Any ideas?

Have you slo-mo recorded the shot a few times going airborne so you can see what's actually happening? I'd do that before guessing at solutions.

#11168 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Not yet but I’m thinking of things like what your saying and seeing what everyone including yourself says. That’s not a bad idea

I don't see a lot of good solutions other than changing the ramp slope. Turning down flipper power makes the game less fun if you can't reliably make the shots (especially once the coils heat up).

Have you slo-mo recorded the shot with a camera phone to see why the time where it goes airborne is different than the times it doesn't?

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Hey Sheriff's, I forgot to post this on Friday for you guys from TPF 2023, enjoy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this picture. I bought the mod as well, but I haven't received it yet and I'm still waiting for the CCR+ edition to be made.

Is there a possibility you can post a picture of the Polly mod installed on your pin? I would love to see what it looks like once installed. I bought the Mezel Mods River Warning Sign and I think that sign looks a lot better than the other one and I would like to try to figure out how I could mount that Mezel sign up there instead.

Thanks in advance.

#11170 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't get it, but for some reason, the scale of Polly looks too big to me. Like she's 7ft tall.

#11171 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I don't get it, but for some reason, the scale of Polly looks too big to me. Like she's 7ft tall.

people were skinny back in the wild west days, starving all the time and such.

#11172 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

people were skinny back in the wild west days, starving all the time and such.

And shouldn’t she look a little more appealing? Is she wearing combat boots? Maybe the girl in Green is not Polly, but that would conflict on the Backglass in my opinion. I updated my post with screen shot of Polly tied down, and once resued. This is what the girl needs to look like to match the game. Agree?

A6C81277-9019-43EC-8B56-1284252A8392 (resized).jpegA6C81277-9019-43EC-8B56-1284252A8392 (resized).jpeg
Tied Polly (resized).jpgTied Polly (resized).jpg

Rescued Polly (resized).jpgRescued Polly (resized).jpg

#11173 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Yes, having this issue as well but haven't turned down the flipper strength yet. I'll either do that or check to see if I need to move the plexiglass to prevent it from flying off. Have a few other gameplay issues I need to address as well to get it dialed in.

#11174 1 year ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

Yes, having this issue as well but haven't turned down the flipper strength yet. I'll either do that or check to see if I need to move the plexiglass to prevent it from flying off. Have a few other gameplay issues I need to address as well to get it dialed in.

Same boat yes I might like said above raise train track with washer to slow down ball before hits return ramp t flipper. It jumps off the track and into ball trough

#11175 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't see a lot of good solutions other than changing the ramp slope. Turning down flipper power makes the game less fun if you can't reliably make the shots (especially once the coils heat up).
Have you slo-mo recorded the shot with a camera phone to see why the time where it goes airborne is different than the times it doesn't?

No haven’t recorded but see it do the same thing over and over very easy to see or flys over the track and jumps off end hits side of art blades and into ball trough. So I’m going to do track raise with washers

#11176 1 year ago

The “train derailment”-gate lol (I had to) is exactly why having CGC active in the thread would be helpful. Seems like the track could be an easy fix but if this is a new issue and something can be changed on the line CGC should know.

#11177 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

No haven’t recorded but see it do the same thing over and over very easy to see or flys over the track and jumps off end hits side of art blades and into ball trough. So I’m going to do track raise with washers

If that doesn't work, slo-mo it. The fact that it does it consistently is even better. Slo mo will make it possible to see things you can't in real time and maybe point to a solution if raising the track a bit doesn't work. Put a level on the track before you change it and record it so you have before/after if it DOES work.

#11178 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The “train derailment”-gate lol (I had to) is exactly why having CGC active in the thread would be helpful. Seems like the track could be an easy fix but if this is a new issue and something can be changed on the line CGC should know.

Issues like this will be fixed here, not by cgc. I'm sure an easy fix, maybe a shield or post.

#11179 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Hahaha nice yeah should be fixable

#11180 1 year ago

Great thread. Thank you. I apparently have a lot to consider. My CC LE arrives tomorrow and I guess I'll need some hex screws before getting her assembled. Wish I saw this last week.

#11181 1 year ago
Quoted from eSJayPee:

Great thread. Thank you. I apparently have a lot to consider. My CC LE arrives tomorrow and I guess I'll need some hex screws before getting her assembled. Wish I saw this last week.

You should not need the hex screws if you are getting an LE.

#11182 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Issues like this will be fixed here, not by cgc. I'm sure an easy fix, maybe a shield or post.

Agree. This is the type of issue generally fixed in an owner’s thread.

#11183 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Thanks for posting this picture. I bought the mod as well, but I haven't received it yet and I'm still waiting for the CCR+ edition to be made.
Is there a possibility you can post a picture of the Polly mod installed on your pin? I would love to see what it looks like once installed. I bought the Mezel Mods River Warning Sign and I think that sign looks a lot better than the other one and I would like to try to figure out how I could mount that Mezel sign up there instead.
Thanks in advance.

They were display only, could not buy them, sorry.

#11184 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I agree, maybe if we reach out to them and let them know a shorter Polly is preferred.

#11185 1 year ago

I agree, maybe if we reach out to them and let them know a shorter Polly is preferred.

Her legs are too long and boots are too big. Torso on upwards looks good but the proportions on the bottom seem off.

#11186 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

"big in the shoes = big in the pants" might be working against her here...

#11187 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Her legs are too long and boots are too big. Torso on upwards looks good but the proportions on the bottom seem off.

I was really looking forward to this but holding off for now. I’d prefer a softer, shorter, more feminine looking Polly.

#11188 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was really looking forward to this but holding off for now. I’d prefer a softer, shorter, more feminine looking Polly.

Yeah you would think they would at least make her outfit the same color as in the game.

#11189 1 year ago

I believe it is modeled off of the Polly on a log as seen on the left ramp artwork.

B917EAC2-3D54-4240-8422-39DD5E2F9BFD (resized).jpegB917EAC2-3D54-4240-8422-39DD5E2F9BFD (resized).jpeg
#11190 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’d prefer a softer, shorter, more feminine looking Polly.

Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gifPinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
#11191 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I believe it is modeled off of the Polly on a log as seen on the left ramp artwork.
[quoted image]

They need to use the models I sent in the screen shots! The one they are using looks like a Carol Burnett skit.

#11192 1 year ago

Someone needs to make a 3d print file so we can print it .

#11193 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

They need to use the models I sent in the screen shots! The one they are using looks like a Carol Burnett skit.

See, now there's how you tell your age without actually telling your age, lol. I remember that show as well. Shit, I'm getting old....

#11194 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

See, now there's how you tell your age without actually telling your age, lol. I remember that show as well. Shit, I'm getting old....

Hell, I was old when it was on

#11195 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hell, I was old when it was on

But see, you're old and accept it. I'm "getting" old and just realizing it a little more every day.....lol

#11196 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

But see, you're old and accept it. I'm "getting" old and just realizing it a little more every day.....lol

I'm not accepting, I'm fighting it, that's why I buy stupidly priced toys to pretend I'm 16 again

#11197 1 year ago

Thought I would share the final version. The mount is reversible so you can mount it to either side of your game… and if you get bored you can move it to the other side

6DEDF51A-CFCC-44DC-B1FE-2BD154627DCE (resized).jpeg6DEDF51A-CFCC-44DC-B1FE-2BD154627DCE (resized).jpeg
#11198 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thought I would share the final version. The mount is reversible so you can mount it to either side of your game… and if you get bored you can move it to the other side [quoted image]

stl?

#11200 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thought I would share the final version. The mount is reversible so you can mount it to either side of your game… and if you get bored you can move it to the other side

Looking forward to receiving mine. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/224?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.