(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 309.
#10951 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I have been having problem with the Bad Guy targets. They will not stay up. Keep trying to mess with them, cleaning, roughed up the surface a bit where the targets grip, good for a little while then back to not locking anymore. Any adjustment tips @ LTG ?

have you tried a lighter spring, it is detailed in a few threads here and I would bet the FAQ

#10952 1 year ago

Any adjustment tips @ LTG ?

Try a weaker spring like a flipper return spring.

LTG : )

#10953 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try a weaker spring like a flipper return spring.

Thanks, I stretched it out a bit and seems better, I will order up some weaker springs

#10954 1 year ago
Quoted from Thorn-in-pinball:

Hi,
Open up a ticket and let us know which targets are not staying up and we will get out replacements right away.

Will do. It has been all of them on and off

#10955 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nah. transprtr4u officially won that title a few posts back when he lost the challenge

As usual wrong again ... it was asshole not troll ...

#10956 1 year ago

As far as the upgrade code goes, I hope they do something with stampede and high noon. Both need some polish IMO. Stampede is missing the killer jackpot callouts and high noon is just too easy to beat.

#10957 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

As usual wrong again ... it was asshole not troll ...

Assholes do what they do bc they care. Trolls do what they do because they’re assholes. I love a strong opinion. Everyone needs a reality check from time to time.

#10958 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Assholes do what they do bc they care. Trolls do what they do because they’re assholes. I love a strong opinion. Everyone needs a reality check from time to time.

Too funny ...

#10959 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

But what of trolling assholes who care? Or careless trolls who uhm, asshole? I’m lost. Where am I again?

#10960 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

But what of trolling assholes? Rare birds indeed.

We should call them asstrolls.

#10961 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

We should call them asstrolls.

Lmao. Awesome!

#10962 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:Prepare to be surprised. Project hasn't been cancelled.

JIMP

#10963 1 year ago

I have been having problem with the Bad Guy targets. They will not stay up. Keep trying to mess with them, cleaning, roughed up the surface a bit where the targets grip, good for a little while then back to not locking anymore. Any adjustment tips @ LTG ?

Could be the springs. Check the FAQ.

#10964 1 year ago

#10965 1 year ago
Quoted from Xfilelover:

Yes of course, SE + upgrades are last (sorry SE plus upgrade people ☹️), also why we are not filling empty LE spots until this is over... too many delays and I don't need more to then fall off. I'm the *one* person doing game sales at PPS, so I will fill all canceled CCR LE spots after we ship the last of the upgraded SE plus people. We still have our original CCR LE waiting list to then go down. We have not notified one person on that list yet, so it has been frozen in time, I hope some will be still be excited to get notified.

I am waiting on an SE+ I ordered from FlipperFreak Nitro Pinball in Canada I wish and hope they would do this too. I would gladly wait until the end of the run to get the LE like I truly wanted but couldn’t order at the time.

Super lucky people SE+ people!

#10966 1 year ago

Beaster when did you put your deposit down for the SE+ with Nitro Pinball? Any updates, because end of Q1 does not seem attainable imo

#10967 1 year ago

OMG how much fun is this game? It was so worth the wait.

EA7F9073-7CED-42D5-8707-2D7F17AEC93A (resized).jpegEA7F9073-7CED-42D5-8707-2D7F17AEC93A (resized).jpeg
#10968 1 year ago

Does anyone else’s dog try to turn their pinball machine legs into a fire hydrant??? I didn’t find a fix for this in the FAQs.

#10969 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Does anyone else’s dog try to turn their pinball machine legs into a fire hydrant??? I didn’t find a fix for this in the FAQs.

He's just making it his own. Must really like the game. Make sure to use some deodorizing cleaner. Piss tends to be acidic.

#10970 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

No, but if I leave the coin door open, the cabinet becomes a kitty house.

#10971 1 year ago

I think I’ll just run the 48V flipper coil voltage through the legs and see if he learns that way.

#10972 1 year ago
Quoted from Canadian12:

Beaster when did you put your deposit down for the SE+ with Nitro Pinball? Any updates, because end of Q1 does not seem attainable imo

August 17th 2022 is when I paid my deposit. At the time when I ordered it said delivery of 4th quarter of 2022….. so I am waiting like everyone else is but an LE upgrade would be great to make up for the extra wait.

#10973 1 year ago
Quoted from Beaster:

August 17th 2022 is when I paid my deposit. At the time when I ordered it said delivery of 4th quarter of 2022….. so I am waiting like everyone else is but an LE upgrade would be great to make up for the extra wait.

Agreed! An LE upgrade would be awesome. I’ve only be waiting for a few months and can’t sit still, I can’t imagine waiting years like some… I would go crazy! Psyched to hear the game is awesome. This is my first pin, never played it before, looking forward to getting it hopefully in the coming months.

#10974 1 year ago

Topper is not working correctly on my LE. In shootout mode the aiming LED's do not scroll side to side they are just on sporadically accross the whole length of the topper.
Also the topper never flashes. When in test mode the items you are testing has a long delay before they come on and sometimes will not even come on.
I opened a ticket with CGC.

#10975 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Does anyone else’s dog try to turn their pinball machine legs into a fire hydrant???

Send him to thread ops house!

#10977 1 year ago

I spent a good amount of time today trying to correct a few issues that are pouring cold water on my enjoyment of the game. The one I just can't wrap my head around is the beer mug:

Physical action works 100% of the time. The beer mug sails up with ease upon each strike. I have the switch set so just the lightest touch triggers the electrical connection. I can prove this 100 out of 100 times in the test mode and in a game with the glass off. I can tap any spot on the metal flap and the game recognizes the connection. High, low, left, right, barely a touch or a firm hit. However, in a real game the beer mug flys every time but registers the hit only 50% of the time.

I swiped a dollar bill through the connectors on the switch, not a trace of dirt. I tried dialing down the flipper power and I see no change.

What else can I try to get this working correctly?

#10978 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I spent a good amount of time today trying to correct a few issues that are pouring cold water on my enjoyment of the game. The one I just can't wrap my head around is the beer mug:
Physical action works 100% of the time. The beer mug sails up with ease upon each strike. I have the switch set so just the lightest touch triggers the electrical connection. I can prove this 100 out of 100 times in the test mode and in a game with the glass off. I can tap any spot on the metal flap and the game recognizes the connection. High, low, left, right, barely a touch or a firm hit. However, in a real game the beer mug flys every time but registers the hit only 50% of the time.
I swiped a dollar bill through the connectors on the switch, not a trace of dirt. I tried dialing down the flipper power and I see no change.

I experience this same thing but never dug into it. I think there is a way to adjust or check the angle for straight up down.

#10979 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Send him to thread ops house!

Just joking around!! Put my deposit down 11/9/21 on an LE and still no action.

#10980 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Just joking around!! Put my deposit down 11/9/21 on an LE and still no action.

I paid my deposit to PPS about two weeks before you paid yours, and my game is currently on its way. I paid the remainder of my balance last Thursday. Hopefully yours will come soon.

#10981 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Just joking around!!

Me too thread op has 0.0 humor!

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#10982 1 year ago

Yeah I ordered from PPS as well. They seem a lot more respectable than some distributors and will hopefully fill orders chronologically in which they were received/paid.

#10983 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I had (and still have, to some extent) the same problem.

When adjusting the leaf switch, are you taking it out from underneath the playfield? I had to do that and trial/error 4-5 times before it was remotely consistent. And even now, it's not 100%. Maybe 75-80%.

I agree, this is a frustrating issue that doesn't seem to have a 100% fix.

#10984 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

I had (and still have, to some extent) the same problem.
When adjusting the leaf switch, are you taking it out from underneath the playfield? I had to do that and trial/error 4-5 times before it was remotely consistent. And even now, it's not 100%. Maybe 75-80%.
I agree, this is a frustrating issue that doesn't seem to have a 100% fix.

I have removed the switch 3 times now and I believe I have it at the smallest gap possible without making accidental contact with vibration. I have also shimmed the switch bracket between the underside of the playfield plywood with washers so it is struck by the metal bracket at a higher (more leveraged) part of the plastic switch strike plate. It does not seem to have made a difference in gameplay.

The most frustrating part is the fact that I can tap the metal bracket any time during a game without the playfield glass and it registers every time. This is concrete evidence that it not a code issue IMO.

Maybe I will try playing without the metal tab and beer and see what happens. I’m still not very good at the game even though I’m approaching 800 plays and a potential additional extra ball from the beer hits would help.

#10985 1 year ago

Does anyone else have issues with the beer mug not moving freely enough to hit the glass?

I know of one other pinsider with the same issue. Both of us have opened a ticket with CGC, but I haven't gotten a response after the initial reply for more pictures.

I tried doing what the FAQ suggested, but it did not provide a permanent solution. Any help/suggestions would be welcome.

#10986 1 year ago

My beer mug does not hit the glass and I prefer it that way. How does it adjust if I wanted it to?

#10987 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Does anyone else have issues with the beer mug not moving freely enough to hit the glass?
I know of one other pinsider with the same issue. Both of us have opened a ticket with CGC, but I haven't gotten a response after the initial reply for more pictures.
I tried doing what the FAQ suggested, but it did not provide a permanent solution. Any help/suggestions would be welcome.

I was able to fix that aspect of the beer mug early on. After unscrewing the nut on top I pulled the layered metal braces apart from each other as hard as I could and that opened the hole where the beer mug shaft sit just enough for the beer mug to flow freely before tightening it back down. I have since thought that the gap would close back up with vibration but so far so good on that part of the operation.

And after reading what I wrote it sure sounds dirty somehow, but honestly it’s all in the name of science!

#10988 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My beer mug does but hit the glass and I prefer it that way. How does it adjust if I wanted it to?

There is a nylon core nut on the bottom of the beer mug stem under the playfield. The looser it is the higher the beer mug can travel. It’s a lot of work to test if it hits the glass just right so I think I’m happy to let mine not hit the glass.

#10989 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I was able to fix that aspect of the beer mug early on. After unscrewing the nut on top I pulled the layered metal braces apart from each other as hard as I could and that opened the hole where the beer mug shaft sit just enough for the beer mug to flow freely before tightening it back down. I have since thought that the gap would close back up with vibration but so far so good on that part of the operation.
And after reading what I wrote it sure sounds dirty somehow, but honestly it’s all in the name of science!

I did just that and the vibrations ended up closing the hole again. I will try to open it up and tighten it even more. Maybe I was too gentle with my screwing. (Now that sounds pretty dirty. Lol) Thanks.

#10990 1 year ago
Quoted from Canadian12:

Agreed! An LE upgrade would be awesome. I’ve only be waiting for a few months and can’t sit still, I can’t imagine waiting years like some… I would go crazy! Psyched to hear the game is awesome. This is my first pin, never played it before, looking forward to getting it hopefully in the coming months.

WOW first pin!! Congrats!!! I think you picked a great game to start your collection! Just before I ordered mine I just got a Godzilla Premium from Nitro as well.

#10991 1 year ago

Beer mug FAQ updated with additional tips though sounds like some may have another issue. Please keep us posted and share pictures you may have.

#10992 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My beer mug does not hit the glass and I prefer it that way. How does it adjust if I wanted it to?

The beer mug is absolutely OBNOXIOUS when it hits the glass. I'm talking like pinball smacking the glass obnoxious. I put a small post rubber on the beer mug "stem" under the playfield to limit its travel. Trust me, you don't want it hitting the glass.

EDIT: If you do actually want to experience the mug smacking the glass, just remove the locknut from the beer mug stem under the playfield (see my post below) and enjoy

#10993 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The beer mug is absolutely OBNOXIOUS when it hits the glass. I'm talking like pinball smacking the glass obnoxious. I put a small post rubber on the beer mug "stem" under the playfield to limit its travel. Trust me, you don't want it hitting the glass.

A lot of us know EXACTLY how "obnoxious" the glass hit is. Don't assume everyone thinks like you and will hate it. Scared Stiff is the same with the critters jumping. Some of us like that THWACK.

#10994 1 year ago

Also, for all the new people getting machines, I'm not sure if CGC has corrected this or not, but you may want to have a look.

Screenshot_20230320_092151_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230320_092151_Brave (resized).jpg
#10995 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

A lot of us know EXACTLY how "obnoxious" the glass hit is. Don't assume everyone thinks like you and will hate it. Scared Stiff is the same with the critters jumping. Some of us like that THWACK.

Edited my post above, but, Scared stiff is no where near as violent as CCr. I've played it extensively. I also own an EHoH, and i like the gargoyles hitting the glass. The beer mug is made of a hard plastic and makes a much more aggressive smack. Maybe some ppl like it, but it's not the same as the Elvira games. Not even close.

#10996 1 year ago

Edited my post above, but, Scared stiff is no where near as violent as CCr. I've played it extensively. I also own an EHoH, and i like the gargoyles hitting the glass. The beer mug is made of a hard plastic and makes a much more aggressive smack. Maybe some ppl like it, but it's not the same as the Elvira games. Not even close.

I broke one of my Gargoyles in my EHOH ($50 replacement) so I put electric tape on the 4 stem to limit it’s travel and 1000% on doing this before I play game 1 on my CCLE (when it arrives)

#10997 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I need some opinions. #312 was just unloaded at my work. I've had this game ordered since day one. With everything on the horizon (FF, TGF and PF) I'm not sure if I want to open it or sell it. I'm completely maxed out as is. I have only played a couple games on an original. How good is this game? What's comparable?

Don’t forget about the new code coming for it too!

#10998 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I slapped one of these on the stem. No issues in the past month and I play every night.

A017319B-A8A0-4191-95FB-0D9249828ADA (resized).jpegA017319B-A8A0-4191-95FB-0D9249828ADA (resized).jpeg
#10999 1 year ago

Also, for all the new people getting machines, I'm not sure if CGC has corrected this or not, but you may want to have a look.

This is actually in the FAQ but will make it more obvious.

#11000 1 year ago

I am by no means a great pinball player. And I have never gotten to a wizard mode without a bit of cheating.
Last night on one amazing ball 2, I got to High Noon and defeated it.

I'm ready for the new code to arrive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/220?hl=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.