(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 309.
#10701 1 year ago

Only if idiots keep paying . There’s no reason for manufacturers not to raise prices by a grand on every release until people quit paying it .

#10702 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

15 LE’s in the marketplace.

Not one of these at MSRP. I hate flippers and I hope every one of them do not sell and are stuck with their game.

#10703 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Not one of these at MSRP. I hate flippers and I hope every one of them do not sell and are stuck with their game.

You beat me by 25 minutes...and then do the bullshit line - I have a medical emergency, don't have space now, yada yada yada - shove it! You want to flip and make a few grand - just be honest if you are going to be a fuck nut flipper

#10704 1 year ago

What pitch are you guys finding is best?

#10705 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Just picked up an SE with a Feb of 22' build date. Any common fixes needed and has there been and bug fix firmware updates since then? I know MBr has had a few firmware updates but not seeing anything immediately apparent for CCr.

Common things are in the FAQ. There are no software updates.

The only thing that might apply to a Feb 22 game are some playfield plastics that were added to prevent ball traps. I don’t remember the details and they may already have already been added on the production line. Suggest opening a ticket with CGC to check.

#10706 1 year ago

Received a note this morning from a pinsider that hasn’t been on Pinside much. He ran into difficulties and has listed his SE+ for sale in the Atlanta area, not sure if Craigslist, Facebook, etc.

#10707 1 year ago

I poked all around the Mine mechanism area and don't see anything that activates in switch test as "Switch 15 Mine Entrance" as identified in the manual and what the game is asking me to check as a tech alert. Where is switch 15? I also had ran the switch test that cycles thorough switches automatically but it doesn't activate that. I can find the switch in the list when cycling through all switches, but again, I haven't found anything that activates as switch 15.

cc (resized).pngcc (resized).png

#10708 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I poked all around the Mine mechanism area and don't see anything that activates in switch test as "Switch 15 Mine Entrance" as identified in the manual and what the game is asking me to check as a tech alert. Where is switch 15? I also had ran the switch test that cycles thorough switches automatically but it doesn't activate that. I can find the switch in the list when cycling through all switches, but again, I haven't found anything that activates as switch 15.
[quoted image]

Just to be clear, is this switch 15 you’re asking about?

#10709 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Where is switch 15?

Sensor at the mine entrance.

Once you find it, try reseat it's connector and be sure it is in tight.

LTG : )

#10710 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

[quoted image]

Is the 1998 manual the same as the current setup?

There may be some subtle differences on the remake.

#10711 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is the 1998 manual the same as the current setup?

No.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

There may be some subtle differences on the remake.

Big differences. Mainly remake adjustments.

Download from CGC - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/product/manuals/coin-op-pinball

#10712 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Big differences. Mainly remake adjustments.
Download from CGC - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/product/manuals/coin-op-pinball

I get this when I click on the manual, just CCr, the rest of them work.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10713 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I get this when I click on the manual

That's nice.

I'll let them know.

Thank you.

#10714 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sensor at the mine entrance.
Once you find it, try reseat it's connector and be sure it is in tight.

Both ends of that connection look fine. The wire is labeled SENSR7.

#10715 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Both ends of that connection look fine.

Cool. Try reseating it.

#10716 1 year ago

I did that too. Is that an MRS switch? How do I activate it to clear this message?

#10717 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I did that too. Is that an MRS switch? How do I activate it to clear this message?

PM me your email address and I'll email you back the sensor trouble shooting guide.

#10718 1 year ago

Unplugging and replugging the connector cleared the tech alert, I'll dig in deeper later to figure out why it apparently wasn't activating. Might as well play test it for a bit.

#10719 1 year ago
Quoted from dog:

What number is your game?

397. I'm going to use MGC this year to help me decide which direction to go. I'm kind of on the fence about selling. My wife wants a GNR, I've got other pins I'd rather have. If it doesn't sell I'll just open it up and play it for a couple years.

#10720 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

The remakes don't use MRS'...the originals do...

FYI

Matt

#10721 1 year ago

Precision flippers, blue perfect play rubber throughout, mirrored backglass, cactus flashers and a few cow skulls. Game plays great, only issue I had was a topper adjustment, thx to LTG that's fixed. Worth the wait for sure!

20230311_152029 (resized).jpg20230311_152029 (resized).jpg20230311_152041 (resized).jpg20230311_152041 (resized).jpg20230311_152043 (resized).jpg20230311_152043 (resized).jpg20230311_152047 (resized).jpg20230311_152047 (resized).jpg20230311_152059 (resized).jpg20230311_152059 (resized).jpg
#10722 1 year ago

Not an issue, but just poor placement. The zip tie where the pencil is pointing was twisted out and scratched the protective film on the art blades. I didn't trust it to not move again so I bolted it in. I didn't have my protectors in the first time I lifted , might wanna check yours

20230311_132857 (resized).jpg20230311_132857 (resized).jpg

#10723 1 year ago
Quoted from Whynot:

I’ve tried it all, tickets, email, phone call. More tickets. Nothing…zero response.
If he’s out for an extended leave, I assume someone else would have responded to my tickets.
Did anyone else with this leg issue get a resolution and follow through?

No not yet my ticket was in since last summer. I think they will address it at some point

#10724 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What pitch are you guys finding is best?

I running mine at 7.2 and really adjust the slings so they are sensitive. Cranks up the difficulty and fun

#10725 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:You beat me by 25 minutes...and then do the bullshit line - I have a medical emergency, don't have space now, yada yada yada - shove it! You want to flip and make a few grand - just be honest if you are going to be a fuck nut flipper

Well unfortunately stuff happens especially after the long long wait for ccrle Mine is shipping next week and I have to fire sale a pin that I really didn't want to sell yet. So if I don't sell by the time mine is ready to pickup from the dept then I may also have to sell ccrle Also a ton of new pins have been released since ordering ccrle (especially this month) and many of them look great. So when your out of space... tough decisions have to be made . Sucks but things happen.

#10726 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Precision flippers, blue perfect play rubber throughout, mirrored backglass, cactus flashers and a few cow skulls. Game plays great, only issue I had was a topper adjustment, thx to LTG that's fixed. Worth the wait for sure!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What do the precision flippers do for the game? Easier aiming? Where did you get the cow skulls from? I looked on eBay and Amazon and didn’t find anything that small thanks!

#10727 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

What do the precision flippers do for the game? Easier aiming? Where did you get the cow skulls from? I looked on eBay and Amazon and didn’t find anything that small thanks!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/527757541/old-west-dry-cattle-skull-miniature?click_key=d42eeba2caa5150d1138065acad4ad912ab74f8b%3A527757541&click_sum=6d332270&ref=hp_rv-1&sts=1

#10728 1 year ago

The precision flips are just that, more precise. I have them on all our games now, great product with really good service

#10730 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

You beat me by 25 minutes...and then do the bullshit line - I have a medical emergency, don't have space now, yada yada yada - shove it! You want to flip and make a few grand - just be honest if you are going to be a fuck nut flipper

I tried to sell my nib Medieval Madness for high price. Just about got my asking price so I pulled the ad. Didn’t want to sell so I got scared and panic-pulled it. Glad I kept her. I love her and she’s MINE!

#10731 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think his point was they are all flipping for a nice profit. Sad to see, I suspect cgc will dramatically raise prices like stern and jjp has on their next release so they can make that money

I think what's lame is everyone saying "I got lucky with getting 2 or 3 of copies of the same game through 2 or 3 distributors...going to sell the 1-2 I don't need". How about just not going through with the order on the extras so hopefully someone else can get the game at MSRP? I'm on 3 lists for MMr, am I going to buy 3 just to try and flip 2? No

#10732 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I think what's lame is everyone saying "I got lucky with getting 2 or 3 of copies of the same game through 2 or 3 distributors...going to sell the 1-2 I don't need". How about just not going through with the order on the extras so hopefully someone else can get the game at MSRP? I'm on 3 lists for MMr, am I going to buy 3 just to try and flip 2? No

Question is when the hell are we gonna see MMr with PF coming out?

#10733 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

PF was just announced. And a different company involved.

So I doubt anything has changed. CCR then MMR.

Unless CGC announces anything different.

#10734 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

PF was just announced. And a different company involved.
So I doubt anything has changed. CCR then MMR.
Unless CGC announces anything different.

Fingers crossed

#10735 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

[quoted image]

The link to the Manual online does not work. Has CGC been engaged to fix the broken link? C'mon CGC at least give us people in line something to occupy our time. Fix the freaking link! This is nauseating!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10736 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Has CGC been engaged to fix the broken link?

This turned up today in another post. I let them know.

#10737 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

PM me your email address and I'll email you back the sensor trouble shooting guide.

For others looking for the doc the contents can be found in the FAQ - see post #2, Physical Adjustments/Inductive Sensors

Quoted from Golgotha:

The link to the Manual online does not work.

Don’t have permission to post the actual doc or the electronic version of the manual (Ryan did not want it posted and was going to send me a copy when available; maybe that’s why the link is internal only now). I hope the electronic version will include the wonderful additions that Butch previewed in his pitch.

FAQ part 2 Game Support/Where can I find the manual? has been updated with the link. If someone can post when the link is working if I don’t see it (next few days are going to be difficult for me), I’ll update the answer ASAP.

#10738 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

A few have asked for a better pic

The cattle skull looks great on the mine. Looks like another mod entry for the FAQ is in order …

Edit: … and it’s added.

#10739 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The cattle skull looks great on the mine. Looks like another mod entry for the FAQ is in order …

The Etsy seller is probably confused on the influx of orders

#10740 1 year ago

Your game look great! Where did you get the cow skulls and cacti from its fits perfect with the game?

#10741 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

The Etsy seller is probably confused on the influx of orders

"In 20+ carts"

Seller:

#10743 1 year ago

"For others looking for the doc the contents can be found in the FAQ - see post #2, Physical Adjustments/Inductive Sensors"

I am looking for everything NOT listed in the FAQ. Game rules, Shot details, Strategy. Ya know, the fun-colored pictures stuff for us kids that keep asking "Is it posted yet". I see absolutely no reason why the current manual is not posted. The reason "because its being updated" should never be an excuse. It's the little things that bring forgiveness of many large things. C'mon CGC post the freakin' manual. Not having it AND keeping it updated is a slap in the face to the customers you still have. It's also a turn off for customers you Don't yet have.

#10744 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Your game look great! Where did you get the cow skulls and cacti from its fits perfect with the game?

Skulls from etsy, I made the cactus from a string of lights from amazon and flasher domes from PBL

#10745 1 year ago

Out of room and cancelled my LE after almost 15 months of waiting. A lot goes on in this hobby in almost a year and a half (namely I'm now out of room). Notified my distributor who is in the process of refunding my deposit. Hope the game goes to someone on their LE waiting list at MSRP. And I hope this gesture is a giant F U to flippers.

#10746 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

I traded my CCr towards an MMr-SE last weekend because I didn’t want to wait for God know’s how long to get an MMr-SE. No regrets.

#10747 1 year ago

Good morning / afternoon everyone! I'm working on getting our LE set up. After opening the topper I realized there is no small bag that contains the mounting hardware. I looked in the manual and can't find the specs for the mounting hardware, assuming four bolts. Can one of you LE owners please help me out with what size I need.

#10748 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Good morning / afternoon everyone! I'm working on getting our LE set up. After opening the topper I realized there is no small bag that contains the mounting hardware. I looked in the manual and can't find the specs for the mounting hardware, assuming four bolts. Can one of you LE owners please help me out with what size I need.

My bag was taped to the inside of the box so I almost missed it. Not sure what the size bolts, Im sure someone will chime in soon.

#10749 1 year ago

From the seller on Etsy about all the cow skull orders lol. “I am wondering, just had a flood of these skulls being ordered, can yo tell me how you heard about it - seems like someone is chatting about them in a railroad modelers forum or something.... Any ideas?”.

#10750 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I am looking for everything NOT listed in the FAQ. Game rules, Shot details, Strategy. Ya know, the fun-colored pictures stuff for us kids that keep asking "Is it posted yet". I see absolutely no reason why the current manual is not posted. The reason "because it’s being updated" should never be an excuse.

I get it. You are preaching to the choir.

I have had a v1 pdf for over a year. The only reason it’s not linked in the FAQ is that Ryan specifically asked me not to. I wasn’t expecting some version wouldn’t be available a year later

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/215?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.