(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,400 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 383 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 308.
#10301 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

(if that's the kind of switch.

Sensors.

Send me a PM with your email address so I can email you a PDF of the sensor trouble shooting guide.

LTG : )

#10302 1 year ago

Trough is having trouble feeding the ball into the shooter lane, it seems like the coil is firing too hard? The hood/scoop is a little marred so maybe I got a messed up scoop? I need to weigh all the balls as well I guess.

Anyone else having this issue?

#10303 1 year ago
Quoted from Rewdood:

Trough is having trouble feeding the ball into the shooter lane, it seems like the coil is firing too hard?

Not firing too hard.

Stand on the side of your game. When the ball shoots up is it hitting the metal flap on the right side and going back down ?

If so you'll need to remove the apron and that flap bend it out a tiny bit. So it diverts the ball to the shooter lane and not back down.

#10304 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sensors.
Send me a PM with your email address so I can email you a PDF of the sensor trouble shooting guide.

The key info is in the FAQ under inductive sensors in the Physical Adjustments section (2nd post)

#10305 1 year ago

I received notice yesterday, my LE ships out Monday!

#10306 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I received notice yesterday, my LE ships out Monday!

Woohoo! Do you know your number?

#10307 1 year ago

That’s great guys!

#10308 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

ABF Freight:
YOUR SHIPMENT DEPARTED FROM FT MADISON, IA TO STOCKTON, CA
Projected Delivery: Wed 03/01/2023
Website says my LE will arrive Wednesday, but I just set up delivery with the local terminal for Tuesday on the 28th.
ABF gives a tight delivery window of "9 to 5", with a 1 hour notification. With the current cross country weather, I suspect Wednesday is more like it.
These are my receiving instructions:
[quoted image]
I've never unboxed a pinball before. The delivery guy is not going to like it.
Robert

I work in Hayward live in Salida, I would gladly stop by and help you.

#10309 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I work in Hayward live in Salida, I would gladly stop by and help you.

Yikes...nice 2-hour commute?

I'll let you know. Currently relying on my neighbor.

Thanks,

Robert

#10310 1 year ago

Just picked her up today! About to play my first game!!

CC (resized).jpegCC (resized).jpeg
#10311 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

Just picked her up today! About to play my first game!!
[quoted image]

" She's a beaut Clark"!!

#10312 1 year ago

I had already planned on using leg protectors but after seeing how the metal plates are on the Cactus Canyon, I actually think that by using protectors they can actually CAUSE the damage that they are attempting to prevent. With the stock legs mounted a business card was able to be slid between the leg and the cabinet. That gap in itself protects the cabinet. Isn't that true? I know the early games had an issue, but that was quickly remediated. I am NOT planning on using protection now. Hmm that sounded weird. LOL

#10313 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I had already planned on using leg protectors but after seeing how the metal plates are on the Cactus Canyon, I actually think that by using protectors they can actually CAUSE damage that they are attempting to prevent. With the stock legs mounted a business card was able to be slid between the leg and the cabinet. That gap in itself protects the cabinet. Isn't that true? I know the early games had an issue, but that was quickly remediated.

I was thinking that too but the fact that they already have that new hotness translite made me think it's a second hand machine from an earlier run.

#10314 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I had already planned on using leg protectors but after seeing how the metal plates are on the Cactus Canyon, I actually think that by using protectors they can actually CAUSE the damage that they are attempting to prevent. With the stock legs mounted a business card was able to be slid between the leg and the cabinet. That gap in itself protects the cabinet. Isn't that true? I know the early games had an issue, but that was quickly remediated. I am NOT planning on using protection now. Hmm that sounded weird. LOL

Oh wait you meant your machine not the one just posted?! Yes check the date if it's new, don't put the protectors on, I concur.

#10315 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Oh wait you meant your machine not the one just posted?! Yes, check the date if it's new, don't put the protectors on, I concur.

My CC LE machine is only a fantasy of mine. I was told March by my distributor, but even THAT had no guarantee. I already have a box of upgrades that are available to all and one special deal that I am the only one to think of implementing. When I get my game, I will post pics.

#10316 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

My CC LE machine is only a fantasy of mine. I was told March by my distributor, but even THAT had no guarantee. I already have a box of upgrades that are available to all and one special deal that I am the only one to think of implementing. When I get my game, I will post pics.

Ok, you should be good. My early run "may 22" was completely different from the September 22" I helped unbox. The September game had plates double in thickness and legs bent in the right spot with no kinks. You could literally see a Trudeau gap between the cabinet it was impossible to make contact I would call it a non issue going forward.

#10317 1 year ago

Did the Mezel Mods train tracks (highly recommended), river rescue sign (nice tweak), and train stop building (also nice). All great quality and steps up the overall presentation a notch.

#10318 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Did the Mezel Mods train tracks (highly recommended), river rescue sign (nice tweak), and train stop building (also nice). All great quality and steps up the overall presentation a notch.

When I threw my money at Menzel Mods they did not have a track mod. My LE has the track, so I was not looking at that if it was even available. These are a few of the mods I have waiting in a box next to the mirrored back glass.

cactus-canyon-pinball-train-stop-before-after_large (resized).jpgcactus-canyon-pinball-train-stop-before-after_large (resized).jpggold-mine-sign-before-after_large (resized).jpggold-mine-sign-before-after_large (resized).jpgcactus-canyon-pinball-train-statiuon-before-after_large.jpgcactus-canyon-pinball-train-statiuon-before-after_large.jpgriver-rescue-sign.jpgriver-rescue-sign.jpgCoin  door.jpgCoin door.jpgSpeaker panel.jpgSpeaker panel.jpgIMG_7076.jpgIMG_7076.jpg
#10319 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I've heard there are different batches of legs and leg protectors (at least throughout the SE run). I ordered Eville protectors at the same time as my SE game and the leg gap to the cabinet was too wide. I removed all the Eville protectors and still have a healthy gap on both sides of all 4 legs.

#10320 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I've heard there are different batches of legs and leg protectors (at least throughout the SE run). I ordered Eville protectors at the same time as my SE game and the leg gap to the cabinet was too wide. I removed all the Eville protectors and still have a healthy gap on both sides of all 4 legs.

I *think* the newer ones started on September games.

#10321 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I *think* the newer ones started on September games.

My early October build has the thicker plates. Clean gap on my legs and cabinet.

#10322 1 year ago

Just paid my invoice and got my bill of lading . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . for Elvira House of Horrors. This will be the seventh new pinball machine I ordered and received after I ordered (and paid for) a Cactus Canyon SE+ at the beginning of February last year.

#10323 1 year ago

It looks like it made it to the depot...delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Hope it hasn't been forked like my Monster Bash was!

Robert

Pinball Shipping (resized).jpgPinball Shipping (resized).jpg

#10324 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

It looks like it made it to the depot...delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Hope it hasn't been forked like my Monster Bash was!
Robert
[quoted image]

Let’s hope not.

82B6EB9A-E70F-4999-8E20-326052AFAEBE (resized).jpeg82B6EB9A-E70F-4999-8E20-326052AFAEBE (resized).jpeg
#10325 1 year ago

I've got my key chain...so I'm getting ready for tomorrow.

Robert

Pinside_forum_6592141_2626873 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6592141_2626873 (resized).jpg

#10326 1 year ago

Resolved the issue with the switches registering shots to the waterfall modes when making shots up the train ramp. BS:2 and BS3 were swapped on the sensor PCB. Swapped connectors added new hot glue. Done! Now I have to reset my high scores since I've been "cheating" since I got the game.

Thanks LTG

#10327 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Resolved the issue with the switches registering shots to the waterfall modes when making shots up the train ramp. BS:2 and BS3 were swapped on the sensor PCB. Swapped connectors added new hot glue. Done! Now I have to reset my high scores since I've been "cheating" since I got the game. Thanks LTG

Swapped from the factory?

Robert

#10328 1 year ago

My wife texted me to let me know that our CCr LE was delivered a few hours ago. She won't unbox (she's afraid of damaging something), so I won't know my LE number until after I get home tonight. I'll post my LE number later this evening.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who is still patiently waiting for their pin to arrive.

#10329 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Swapped from the factory?
Robert

Yep! I had never played the game before I got back January so I didn't realize anything was amiss until a few days ago.

#10330 1 year ago

Seeing more posts about PPS games shipping had me thinking to look back into when I received my invoice and put my deposit down.

On my original invoice is says CCR-1220 can anyone verify or debunk that this will be my LE #?

If this is true I still have a long way to go and I am going to buy something else. Anyone receive their game from PPS care to comment?

#10331 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Seeing more posts about PPS games shipping had me thinking to look back into when I received my invoice and put my deposit down.
On my original invoice is says CCR-1220 can anyone verify or debunk that this will be my LE #?
If this is true I still have a long way to go and I am going to buy something else. Anyone receive their game from PPS care to comment?

I haven’t heard anything and mine is in the 1000 range so you could be correct.

#10332 1 year ago

Hello Pinside world. I received word last Wednesday that my pinball shipped will be delivered tomorrow. I’ll text when i see the number. The distributor was PinballStar Amusements. Yahoo!

#10333 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Just paid my invoice and got my bill of lading . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . for Elvira House of Horrors.

Awesome game, congrats!

#10334 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Ask Sara. I don’t know how or why PPS would know your number in advance unless you have a matching number. Maybe it’s a “slot” tracking number (which wouldn’t necessarily correlate with the LE #).

I’m going to say no, it’s not your LE number.

#10335 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've got my key chain...so I'm getting ready for tomorrow.

Ever lost a key and gotten it back by mail?

#10336 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ever lost a key and gotten it back by mail?

I haven't lost one yet, so no. This one wouldn't as there's no address on it.

My Monster Bash key chain has an address (blacked out because I don't want any of you guys dropping by...just kidding!)

Robert

Pinside_forum_7424182_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7424182_0 (resized).jpg

#10337 1 year ago

Flattening my speaker panel cover.

Took me about 45 minutes to find where in the garage I put the box.

Robert

20230227_135245 (resized).jpg20230227_135245 (resized).jpg

#10338 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Flattening my speaker panel cover.
Took me about 45 minutes to find where in the garage I put the box.
Robert
[quoted image]

Mine have been on my fridge for several weeks.

Magnets (resized).JPGMagnets (resized).JPG
#10339 1 year ago

I just finally pulled out my flaky drop-target mech to replace the factory spring with a flipper return spring (fixed it btw, thanks @LTG!) - and I was just really impressed with that mechanism. There was a video a while back on the re-design process that went into it - such a cool innovation. Still loving this game almost a year in at this point!

#10340 1 year ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

I won't know my LE number until after I get home tonight. I'll post my LE number later this evening.

If it were me I would’ve gotten a cold a few hours ago and gone home to rest.

And why/how are you not home yet?

#10341 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I was told it went by when the deposit was made. So check your deposit invoice for a number .. and maybe those who received their pin from pps can say what deposit number they were...

#10342 1 year ago

Looked at my initial $1,000 deposit to PPS on 11/2/21, Invoice #279. I received CCLE on 2/1/23 and with LE #184, so I don't think there is correlation between the two.

#10343 1 year ago

Lol!

988BA0DB-EB8C-4F9B-8BAE-78F749AC0990 (resized).jpeg988BA0DB-EB8C-4F9B-8BAE-78F749AC0990 (resized).jpeg
#10344 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Emailed my distro today got reply, he said I’m getting a game in their next batch. Hoping that’s in a few weeks

Can’t wait wait for you to get it.

#10345 1 year ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Looked at my initial $1,000 deposit to PPS on 11/2/21, Invoice #279. I received CCLE on 2/1/23 and with LE #184, so I don't think there is correlation between the two.

Correct, there is no correlation ...

#10346 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I was told it went by when the deposit was made. So check your deposit invoice for a number .. and maybe those who received their pin from pps can say what deposit number they were...

Quoted from nvu4prod:

Deposit made 11/3/21 7:46pm Eastern

Invoice was 361
S.O. (Sales Order) # was 1220

So no correlation but if bigd1979 is right I should be no worse than 4 more batches of game behind (assuming all invoice numbers are CCrLE orders).

Thanks all for the help!

#10347 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

(blacked out because I don't want any of you guys dropping by...just kidding!)

I used to know...was that really about 10 years ago?!

#10348 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Deposit made 11/3/21 7:46pm Eastern
Invoice was 361
S.O. (Sales Order) # was 1220
So no correlation but if bigd1979 is right I should be no worse than 4 more batches of game behind (assuming all invoice numbers are CCrLE orders).
Thanks all for the help!

I am right behind you on the PPS list based on order numbers so let me know he you hear something!!!

#10349 1 year ago

For those that ordered from PPS. Does the delivery people arrange a date to deliver the game or it just shows up? I’m hoping I can be home to inspect it

#10350 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

For those that ordered from PPS. Does the delivery people arrange a date to deliver the game or it just shows up? I’m hoping I can be home to inspect it

All LTL deliveries should schedule an appointment for delivery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/207?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.