(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,345 posts
  • 751 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 382 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 331 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(651 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg
362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg
C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
73000513275__A193B793-F018-40EE-B46C-ACC07564508F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
8C87C09E-DDC1-4C00-904E-4189F6921213 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 307.
#9951 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Congrats! Any questions you may have please refer to the faq. Sorry man I had to!

There’s an FAQ?

#9952 1 year ago

Haven’t beaten the game yet. Changing strategy to focus on Bart Bros much sooner. Otherwise, I’m already worn out.

#9953 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

There’s an FAQ?

107A9A38-8396-47CB-AFD0-613458424AB2.gif107A9A38-8396-47CB-AFD0-613458424AB2.gif
#9954 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

There’s an FAQ?

What the faq is that?

#9955 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s here …

Congrats! You (as well as others) have been waiting quite a bit, hope you enjoy the unboxing!

#9956 1 year ago

Another one bites the dust.

#9957 1 year ago

Game is temporarily set up until I can shuffle a couple games to get it in the right place.

Haven’t had much time with it but some things that caught my eye in the setup process:
- great packing both game and topper. Playfield protection is easier/better than I thought was on the SEs.
- What a difference a good cabinet makes! Delivery guys had just finished delivering a James Bond and commented on how much sturdier this game seemed.
- wooden arch and LE medallion look incredibly better than in pictures
- the trim color/look is absolutely gorgeous. No way traditional powder coat beats this.
- love the details on the topper.
- game was set at volume 25 which was too loud for me
- play count was 0, game was built January 30th, last game started was Feb 19, 1932 at 8:17 am. Rumors of BTTF are true!

I didn’t go over the playfield in detail or inspect the boards but presume everything is fine.

One of the nicest NIB experiences I’ve had. Great first impression!
Looking forward to dialing it in after getting it to its forever spot, to some game play before I’m out of commission for six weeks, and hearing about a lot more LE deliveries. And I think this will get a sheet of PDI.

I’ll update the FAQ in the next few days with some observations and changes from v1 of the manual to v2.
12DA5F3A-2602-4282-B805-F4BB8B0415C2 (resized).jpeg12DA5F3A-2602-4282-B805-F4BB8B0415C2 (resized).jpeg54060684-5509-48E3-9E0F-3A83ECE3ACE3 (resized).jpeg54060684-5509-48E3-9E0F-3A83ECE3ACE3 (resized).jpeg5BDB780F-9C53-449B-B26B-23207B2A6076 (resized).jpeg5BDB780F-9C53-449B-B26B-23207B2A6076 (resized).jpeg

#9958 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

last game started was Feb 19, 1932 at 8:17 am. Rumors of BTTF are true!

That plus the Pepsi Perfect bottle I see on your shelf confirm it!

#9959 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Game is temporarily set up until I can shuffle a couple games to get it in the right place.
Haven’t had much time with it but some things that caught my eye in the setup process:
- great packing both game and topper. Playfield protection is easier/better than I thought was on the SEs.
- What a difference a good cabinet makes! Delivery guys had just finished delivering a James Bond and commented on how much sturdier this game seemed.
- the trim color/look is absolutely gorgeous. No way traditional powder coat beats this.
- love the details on the topper.
- game was set at volume 25 which was too loud for me
- play count was 0, game was built January 30th, last game started was Feb 19, 1932 at 8:17 am. Rumors of BTTF are true!
I didn’t go over the playfield in detail or inspect the boards but presume everything is fine.
One of the nicest NIB experiences I’ve had. Great first impression!
Looking forward to dialing it in after getting it to its forever spot, to some game play before I’m out of commission for six weeks, and hearing about a lot more LE deliveries. And I think this will get a sheet of PDI.
I’ll update the FAQ in the next few days with some observations and changes from v1 of the manual to v2.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations! It gives me hope that mine might be coming some day. I have to admit…this wait is getting painful. I’m very glad to see that you finally got yours.

#9960 1 year ago

Game boots up to the screen showing the revision number & press enter for main menu.

How do I get it to boot into attract mode?

#9961 1 year ago

#222 is home!!!!

PXL_20230210_174130982 (resized).jpgPXL_20230210_174130982 (resized).jpg
#9962 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

How do I get it to boot into attract mode?

I'd check that the diagnostic switches aren't shorting to metal, and fat white coin door switches are working.

LTG : )

#9963 1 year ago

LTG Thanks, Lloyd. I’ll check it out.

#9964 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

]

Cool glad it arrived. They came so fast I get why the space wasn’t ready. I kid I kid

#9965 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s here …
[quoted image]

Congrats, please share the build date

#9966 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

He did.

January 30th.

#9967 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

He did.
January 30th.

Hah

Got so excited reading overlooked that

#9968 1 year ago

Im actually starting to think I will see my own LE delivered. This is encouraging. Congrats!

#9969 1 year ago

Any word when the expanded code will be released?

#9970 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Cool glad it arrived. They came so fast I get why the space wasn’t ready. I kid I kid

Yeah, kinda of a big fail on my part. You kid but it’s true.

Want to have RFM, AFMr, and CCr together. AFMr was still not set up yet and we have to move a Safe Cracker to a different spot and I forgot the lift wouldn’t fit underneath without taking a leg off a few weeks ago when we looked at it. We may have to inch a number of machines down the line to make the two CGCs fit and didn’t have time to do it then. Wasn’t expecting the delivery notice for a while so figured we had time even though I’ve known where I wanted the game to go for almost a year. Pretty epic fail on my part and I’m still not 100% sure the topper will have enough clearance though I think it will.

C85EBB48-3257-477A-AD7D-7CDCBD0781DC (resized).jpegC85EBB48-3257-477A-AD7D-7CDCBD0781DC (resized).jpeg3B0061CD-07AC-4525-992F-CE11D957278E (resized).jpeg3B0061CD-07AC-4525-992F-CE11D957278E (resized).jpeg

#9971 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

January 30th

F2D8E320-A736-42BF-8FA4-C5EB97AEBC7E (resized).jpegF2D8E320-A736-42BF-8FA4-C5EB97AEBC7E (resized).jpeg
#9972 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Any word when the expanded code will be released?

Not that I’ve heard. Based on the last comments from Josh I’m not expecting it’s any time soon though I haven’t asked about it in quite a while. From what I remember it was a stretch even under the best scenario that it would be out in 2022 so I after his comments I moved my goalpost from early 2023 to second half.

I don’t expect any official word until it’s ready to ship.

#9973 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And I’ve changed my mind on the shooter housing not being coated on the LE. After seeing it in person I agree with those that say it’s more balanced as it is.

#9974 1 year ago

What kind of lift is that ?

#9975 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

What kind of lift is that ?

Looks like the craftsman ATV lift with the added-on pinball basket.

#9976 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Looks neat, like it would take the whole bottom yet still controllable from in front.

#9977 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yes indeed.

Quoted from LTG:

Looks neat, like it would take the whole bottom yet still controllable from in front.

Pretty handy. Best tool I ever bought for this hobby. Very easy to maneuver. Handles a wide body easily but just a bit wide for Safe Cracker.

#9978 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Best tool I ever bought for this hobby.

Where did the "basket" come from ?

#9979 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy build with some 1" square tubing looks like

#9980 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

pinballlifter.com which appears to be defunct. But here’s the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PBlifter/

It’s at least 10 years old.

#9981 1 year ago

Sears atc/cycle Jack with pblifter cage. I built mine in 2008. Great tool.

#9982 1 year ago

Let me put in a word for this cart. I had looked everywhere for someone selling the old school Wico. This seems like it’s the best option now that those are no longer made. https://twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1315

#9983 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Let me put in a word for this cart. I had looked everywhere for someone selling the old school Wico. This seems like it’s the best option now that those are no longer made. https://twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1315

Do you have one? Can you give your opinion on it? Sorry to continue hijacking the thread so PM me if needed...

#9984 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Do you have one? Can you give your opinion on it?

I have a similar one. WICO brand. Works great. I put better wheels on it.

Only issue as games got heavier like WOZ, Hobbit, and Pirates. I really have to get on it to lift it into lock position.

#9985 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have a similar one. WICO brand. Works great. I put better wheels on it.

Only issue as games got heavier like WOZ, Hobbit, and Pirates. I really have to get on it to lift it into lock position.

Thanks LTG!

#9986 1 year ago

talking lifting equipment,,,, i bought a hydrulic lift table from harbor freight,,,,they have 2 sizes,,, i bought the bigger one cause it almost goes to the same height as my tail gate on my truck,,,was suppost to go pick up a slightly used cactus canyon,,but came across a different deal,,,,and put an order in for a new cactus canyon SE,,,they wont be in production for 60 days im told,,,,so hoping to have it in 3 months,

#9987 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

so hoping to have it in 3 months,

Several dealers have them in stock if you dont want to wait

#9988 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

+1 try Zach at Flip N Out. Had my SE in 2 days.

#9989 1 year ago

My children (6 and 4 years old) have lodged the complaint multiple times that there isn’t an actual Polly on the tracks. I put in a short term remedy. If someone designs a Polly sticker for that dead metal area at the end of the tracks, I’ll buy one and I’m sure others will too.

C131103D-A7C3-4E54-AD64-FB54ADD8D7AC (resized).jpegC131103D-A7C3-4E54-AD64-FB54ADD8D7AC (resized).jpeg
#9990 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

My children (6 and 4 years old) have lodged the complaint multiple times that there isn’t an actual Polly on the tracks. I put in a short term remedy. If someone designs a Polly sticker for that dead metal area at the end of the tracks, I’ll buy one and I’m sure others will too.
[quoted image]

Back alley creations will soon have a polly sculpt for sale

#9991 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

talking lifting equipment,,,, i bought a hydrulic lift table from harbor freight,,,,they have 2 sizes,,, i bought the bigger one cause it almost goes to the same height as my tail gate on my truck,,,was suppost to go pick up a slightly used cactus canyon,,but came across a different deal,,,,and put an order in for a new cactus canyon SE,,,they wont be in production for 60 days im told,,,,so hoping to have it in 3 months,

Do you mean an SE+ ?? Because there are standard SE models available for immediate shipping from more than one distributor. Make a few calls.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This

Quoted from midcoastsurf:

+1 try Zach at Flip N Out. Had my SE in 2 days.

Yup

#9992 1 year ago

Does anyone who has or seen the below train station mod know if it significantly blocks the view of the Bart sculp?

I did see one post saying it didn’t, but that was over 7 months ago and was curious if anyone else had installed since then?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/cactus-canyon-pinball-mods/products/cactus-canyon-pinball-train-station

Thanks

#9993 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Back alley creations will soon have a polly sculpt for sale

I don’t really know where you could fit a sculpture over there without impeding the ball. I figure it has to be something flat.

#9994 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Does anyone who has or seen the below train station mod know if it significantly blocks the view of the Bart sculp?
I did see one post saying it didn’t, but that was over 7 months ago and was curious if anyone else had installed since then?
https://mezelmods.com/collections/cactus-canyon-pinball-mods/products/cactus-canyon-pinball-train-station
Thanks

I rotated mine and tucked it in against the tracks. Honestly, I think it’s fine either the way it’s supposed to be installed or how I did it.

860C2CB2-F175-41E6-9ACE-B5E9C1B42C27 (resized).jpeg860C2CB2-F175-41E6-9ACE-B5E9C1B42C27 (resized).jpeg
#9995 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Thanks

Mine are still unfortunately still in the box against my mirrored back glass. I am still waiting for my LE. The right side does not hide Bart but the HUGE thing that it does is hides the ugly spotlight on the right side as well as the train motor. I bought all of the mezel mods except the beer stein and the moonshine jug.

cactus-canyon-pinball-train-statiuon-before-after_large (resized).jpgcactus-canyon-pinball-train-statiuon-before-after_large (resized).jpg

#9996 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I rotated mine and tucked it in against the tracks. Honestly, I think it’s fine either the way it’s supposed to be installed or how I did it.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Golgotha:

Mine are still unfortunately still in the box against my mirrored back glass. I am still waiting for my LE. The right side does not hide Bart but the HUGE thing that it does is hides the ugly spotlight on the right side as well as the train motor. I bought all of the mezel mods except the beer stein and the moonshine jug.
[quoted image]

Thank you both for the input, really appreciate it.

#9997 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I don’t really know where you could fit a sculpture over there without impeding the ball. I figure it has to be something flat.

They do incredible work, so I imagine it will be perfect. I have the tracks and cannon on Luci, im looking forward to adding polly to our game,

#9998 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I haven’t pulled the trigger yet on getting it because I’m trying to decide if the size of the building is more distracting than no building. I did get the smaller building for the left side though.

#9999 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I haven’t pulled the trigger yet on getting it because I’m trying to decide if the size of the building is more distracting than no building. I did get the smaller building for the left side though.

Yeah. It looks terrific but also enormous. I’m afraid it would block too much of the view. Need to see it in person.

#10000 1 year ago

From the read the fine print department … to be officially covered under warranty any cosmetic issues should be reported within 14 days of receipt.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
There are 15,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 307.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/200?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.