(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 309.
#9901 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Neither did I. Mirrored BG fit fine with the CGC standard plastic trim pieces...

I had system 11 trim already to go for the mirrored BG as suggested. The trim that came with the translite worked perfect!

4B1CF993-C480-4D3D-AC2B-A4C5BCB7CFD7 (resized).jpeg4B1CF993-C480-4D3D-AC2B-A4C5BCB7CFD7 (resized).jpeg
#9902 1 year ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

I had system 11 trim already to go for the mirrored BG as suggested. The trim that came with the translite worked perfect!
[quoted image]

Then why were new trim pieces suggested? I have an unopened tube with the suggested pieces. With the other mods I have waiting.

#9903 1 year ago

I'm sure someone somewhere is wondering why there has been a sudden run on System 11 trim pieces...

#9904 1 year ago

Goddamnit should of read further comments. I already ordered the system 11 trim pieces.

#9905 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm sure someone somewhere is wondering why there has been a sudden run on System 11 trim pieces...

Too funny!

Someone will order 1500 pieces of trim and then they are remaking TOM rumors will begin ....

#9906 1 year ago

really? i heard it was totan

#9907 1 year ago

On my LE, my trim fit fine with the mirrored back glass, didn’t even think it was an issue, like when I did my funhouse. On Funhouse I had to order the system 11 trim because the original trim would not fit the mirrored back glass.

#9909 1 year ago

This is email from cgc

I am glad that you received your CCr-LE game.
Your game did arrive correctly to you. It is supposed to have the Chrome
Shooter housing as well as the metal ball on the end of the shooter knob.

I did look at the photographs that are listed, and want to apologize as the
shooter housing appears to have been darker in the picture.
That was never shown on the game, and wasn't even in the prototypes.
Should you want to get your shooter housing powder coated, please reach out
to your dealer, and see if they can assist you in that.

Ryan White
Sales

#9910 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Strange. I didn’t have any issues at all when installing my mirrored back glass.

Same

#9911 1 year ago

I also had no issues.

#9912 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

This is email from cgc
Ryan White
Sales

To be continued...

#9913 1 year ago

#206 arrived safe and sound. Everything seems pretty perfect right out of the box. It’s another CGC beauty! The mfg date was January 24. Gameplay is a blast and looks beautiful. I’m anxious to learn the rules and learn the game.

0DC517AE-BD71-4510-BF94-1641A813C54C (resized).jpeg0DC517AE-BD71-4510-BF94-1641A813C54C (resized).jpeg5AC99132-FD15-4C15-A0B2-195A788FE153 (resized).jpeg5AC99132-FD15-4C15-A0B2-195A788FE153 (resized).jpeg6FDC3FC7-D5C9-4DA2-B5B2-41E791424C25 (resized).jpeg6FDC3FC7-D5C9-4DA2-B5B2-41E791424C25 (resized).jpeg9B855871-E1DC-4519-A426-E6A3BAB01F92 (resized).jpeg9B855871-E1DC-4519-A426-E6A3BAB01F92 (resized).jpegC3C158D1-CB1E-4316-8706-17CCBAEA9E3C (resized).jpegC3C158D1-CB1E-4316-8706-17CCBAEA9E3C (resized).jpeg
#9914 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

This is email from cgc
Ryan White
Sales

Looks better chromed anyways, mirrors the star on left side

#9915 1 year ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

#206 arrived safe and sound. Everything seems pretty perfect right out of the box. It’s another CGC beauty! The mfg date was January 24. Gameplay is a blast and looks beautiful. I’m anxious to learn the rules and learn the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

you have the trio of great games,,,,congratz,,, I have a cactus canyon SE on order,finallly

#9916 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

This is email from cgc
Ryan White

Here is a picture of the prototype as displayed at TPF March 24, 2022:
E6126796-09FE-42CF-8C3B-97E2708D90D3 (resized).jpegE6126796-09FE-42CF-8C3B-97E2708D90D3 (resized).jpeg

#9917 1 year ago

It seems the artist in “Artist sculpted” cactus, rock, mine cart (and probably Bart) is Matt Riesterer of Back Alley Creations.

His train tracks are already on his web site (link in the FAQ) and other mods will be released mid-March before TPF (also available at the show). A Polly figure mentioned here before will be available along and a rock and mine cart (not clear if this is the LE version) and another cactus that didn’t make it to production.

More details and pics in the Modifications section of the FAQ (“Polly in Peril”) when available.

#9918 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It seems the artist in “Artist sculpted” cactus, rock, mine cart and train tracks (and probably Bart) is Matt Riesterer of Back Alley Creations.
The train tracks are already on his web site (link in the FAQ) and other mods will be released mid-March before TPF (also available at the show). A Polly figure mentioned here before will be available along and a rock and mine cart (not clear if this is the LE version) and another cactus that didn’t make it to production.
More details and pics in the Modifications section of the FAQ (“Polly in Peril”) when available.

Been holding out on mods until Matt releases these. I have some of his mods for Stern POTC and they are next level. Can't wait!

#9919 1 year ago

I had a problem with switch 65 "Right Ramp Make" on my CC SE the arrived in December. I checked the connections under the playfield and all was good. I removed the ramps and found a poor solder joint on the middle wire for switch 65. I reflowed the solder and all is good in the universe again. I'm posting this in case anyone else has the same issue.

#9920 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I had a problem with switch 65 "Right Ramp Make" on my CC SE the arrived in December. I checked the connections under the playfield and all was good. I removed the ramps and found a poor solder joint on the middle wire for switch 65. I reflowed the solder and all is good in the universe again. I'm posting this in case anyone else has the same issue.

Was the switch intermittent? Did it test ok in switch test?

#9921 1 year ago

. WESTERN UNION

STAGECOACH ARRIVES FRIDAY NOON

#241 CHICAGO

#9922 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

. WESTERN UNION
#241 CHICAGO

That's awesome news!. Hope the package I sent arrives by then as well

#9923 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

. WESTERN UNION
#241 CHICAGO

241?! Seems like we just hit 200 the other day. Factory is starting to heat up!

#9924 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Was the switch intermittent? Did it test ok in switch test?

It started out as intermittent, but then stopped registering all together. The wire at the solder joint was barely hanging on.

#9925 1 year ago

Anyone get a born on date Jan 24 LE 207 ? Would love to have that game because it is my birthday and badge number .

#9926 1 year ago

Finally got a win tonight! Had 4 stars, all but Motherload. I needed 3 GMMs to finally grab it, but I got there in the end. 178,795,500

High noon is kind of just silly fun, but I think I like the showdown mode the best, followed by Bionic. I find marksman and bronco to be the toughest shots.

Drop targets all working great now, but I think I need to adjust the switch for the beer. Lots of direct hits that pop the beer but make no game sounds.

#9927 1 year ago

Got my CCr (LE) and played about 10 games on it. Turned it on tonight and the right FLIPPER is NOT working at all.

Looked at that flipper and everything is connected. Also, when it is in attract mode and you press that right flipper button, it does activate the attract sound. What should I be looking for, that is causing this problem? Thanks in advance!

#9928 1 year ago
Quoted from DB62:

What should I be looking for, that is causing this problem?

First thing Tests - Switch Edge, slowly push the flipper button in, do both switches register ? ( two optos each side )

If so, then check that the coil stop hasn't fallen off, broken wire at the coil lugs, thin wire from coil windings to coil lugs - dig around them for a break or crack. Has the plunger assembly come apart where the pawl grips the flipper shaft ?

On the driver board in the backbox, pull and check fuse F116, it's a 20mm 4 amp slow blow.

LTG : )

#9929 1 year ago

fyi ... we've added CCR into the parts lookup on the site - handy for finding parts numbers - both WMS as well as specific to CCR ...

www.planetarypinball.com/parts-lookup

#9930 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

First thing Tests - Switch Edge, slowly push the flipper button in, do both switches register ? ( two optos each side )
If so, then check that the coil stop hasn't fallen off, broken wire at the coil lugs, thin wire from coil windings to coil lugs - dig around them for a break or crack. Has the plunger assembly come apart where the pawl grips the flipper shaft ?
On the driver board in the backbox, pull and check fuse F116, it's a 20mm 4 amp slow blow.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd for responding to me. I will try that later tonight or tomorrow!

Dan

#9931 1 year ago

Just in case anyone is interested, Joel joelbob and his brother Jared will be streaming CCR LE tonight at FlipNOut’s ZMeny YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/live/9tq6TBM8fS0?feature=share

#9932 1 year ago

a small batch of

stainless steel speaker grills are in stock now

just send me a pm

CCR (1) (resized).jpgCCR (1) (resized).jpg
#9933 1 year ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

a small batch of
stainless steel speaker grills are in stock now
just send me a pm [quoted image]

I have a set I ordered that are waiting for my LE. I have a question. Why does it appear that the countersink was not done correctly?
The top of the screw should be flat with the cover if the countersink was done correctly. This picture shows the side of the flat head which indicates that either the screw length is not long enough to allow the flathead to fully seat or the machining was done incorrectly preventing the head to fully seat. Please clarify. The screw heads do not look right. I am hoping I won't have to rework them.

#9934 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I have a set I ordered that are waiting for my LE. I have a question. Why does it appear that the countersink was not done correctly?
The top of the screw should be flat with the cover if the countersink was done correctly. This picture shows the side of the flat head which indicates that either the screw length is not long enough to allow the flathead to fully seat or the machining was done incorrectly preventing the head to fully seat. Please clarify. The screw heads do not look right. I am hoping I won't have to rework them.

Are the ones shown above the same as those being sold by Pinball Haus (UN: BioBa)? The image from that listing shows countersunk holes and maybe thicker material? IDK.

D1F52945-FE86-437C-97B8-B2CA6F86D6AD (resized).jpegD1F52945-FE86-437C-97B8-B2CA6F86D6AD (resized).jpeg
#9935 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Are the ones shown above the same as those being sold by Pinball Haus (UN: BioBa)? The image from that listing shows countersunk holes and maybe thicker material? IDK.
[quoted image]

The two designs look slightly similar IMO. I'd go with the version that has the countersunk screw holes as it looks more finished.

#9936 1 year ago

The two designs look slightly similar IMO. I'd go with the version that has the countersunk screw holes as it looks more finished.

The screw holes are nice but the other material has a better brushed look to it. Also notice how the design has more precision detail around the barrel sight, rear hammer, trigger, etc. The other variation is less defined and rounded.

#9937 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The screw holes are nice but the other material has a better brushed look to it. Also notice how the design has more precision detail around the barrel sight, rear hammer, trigger, etc. The other variation is less defined and rounded.

Great points

#9938 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Just in case anyone is interested, Joel joelbob and his brother Jared will be streaming CCR LE tonight at FlipNOut’s ZMeny YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/live/9tq6TBM8fS0?feature=share

My brother and I had a GREAT time last night streaming this game. I am truly blown away with how well done this game is. I was one shot away from the wizard mode but I'm far from bored with the game. When Zach let me borrow the game I was not expecting to have this much fun with it. Feel free to watch the stream if you want to see me explain the rules and I have a Topper Cam if you want to see how it interacts with the game as well as the topper video mode. I might have a VERY hard time letting this game leave when Zach needs it back...

#9939 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

My brother and I had a GREAT time last night streaming this game. I am truly blown away with how well done this game is. I was one shot away from the wizard mode but I'm far from bored with the game. When Zach let me borrow the game I was not expecting to have this much fun with it. Feel free to watch the stream if you want to see me explain the rules and I have a Topper Cam if you want to see how it interacts with the game as well as the topper video mode. I might have a VERY hard time letting this game leave when Zach needs it back...

Just tell Zach no. I can tell him for you if you want.

#9940 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Agree - this game is awesome. Zach's a great distributor.

#9941 1 year ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Anybody have the speaker box magnet they want to sell? Looking for somebody stateside who maybe ordered more than one, or does not want it anymore.
[quoted image]

flipperstick I have one I would sell. Let me know if interested.

#9942 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

My brother and I had a GREAT time last night streaming this game.

Awesome stream last night, Joel! It's the best video of the the topper I have seen. The topper mode is better than I expected. I am more psyched than ever on getting my SE+. I hope that it comes sometime this year.

#9943 1 year ago

I will post a installation when I receive my LE. The countersunk will look substantially more finished. The flatheads sticking up would drive me nuts. I would rather have the flatheads seated correctly over minor added detail. I agree that the non-pinballhaus have more detail. I am guessing the second supplier chronologically tried to add detail to avoid ethical issues. Mine are from pinballhaus.

IMG_7076 (resized).jpgIMG_7076 (resized).jpg

#9944 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

. WESTERN UNION
#241 CHICAGO

Keep us posted... “Hurry, hurry!”

#9945 1 year ago

Just played Cactus Canyon for the first time. Great fun! When I was done Polly called out “my hero”. Hilarious game

#9946 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Keep us posted... “Hurry, hurry!”

Two more hours. What I’m sure will be a very long two hours.

#9947 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unacceptable! Call them and tell them you need it NOW.

#9948 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Very soon, Congrats to the leader of the club!

#9949 1 year ago

It’s here …

4AF5A49C-6D61-40DA-A8A6-6EF8B21F4EDD (resized).jpeg4AF5A49C-6D61-40DA-A8A6-6EF8B21F4EDD (resized).jpeg
#9950 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s here …
[quoted image]

Congrats! Any questions you may have please refer to the faq. Sorry man I had to!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/199?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.