(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,421 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by great-hosts
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,421 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 309.
#9751 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That wasn't me....it was Robert who got screwed by CGC ....my screwing takes place sometime in the next year

The game supposedly shipped out before Ryan could get his hands on it to get it to Automated, then me.

I'm in contact with Automated to get a game "fairly soon"...

Robert

#9752 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

well my apologies to Robert , I'm in the same boat as you , CGC says late fall 2023 so guessing early 2024 !

Hopefully sooner than that!

But I do feel your pain!

Robert

#9753 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The game supposedly shipped out before Ryan could get his hands on it to get it to Automated, then me.
I'm in contact with Automated to get a game "fairly soon"...
Robert

Thats too bad..hope u get your game soon

#9754 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats too bad..hope u get your game soon

Thanks, Pat. Dealing with my distributor now so...wish me luck.

You'll probably get your game before me, so when you do invite me over to see it.

Robert

#9755 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Got it. So if I'm doing one of the 5 modes, best to take shots at Bart?

If you've got the time to spare then you can quickly fire off some shots at him, yeah. Though you can actually get more points by shooting the lit ramps during the 5 modes. I just hate having gunfight lit and hitting Bart and having nothing happen, and that isn't an issue during those modes. I'm also not that great. If you're better than I am, just go for the points.

#9756 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Thanks, Pat. Dealing with my distributor now so...wish me luck.
You'll probably get your game before me, so when you do invite me over to see it.
Robert

Absolutely although my guess is you'll get yours way before myself....my distributor told me June at the earliest

#9757 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

....my distributor told me June at the earliest

He can’t know that unless he knows how his shipments are being allocated. Even PPS doesn’t know that about their own games.

I’m sure he’s just telling you what you want to hear since it seems you’ll be incredibly disappointed if you don’t get #1250.

#9758 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

He can’t know that unless he knows how his shipments are being allocated. Even PPS doesn’t know that about their own games.
I’m sure he’s just telling you what you want to hear since it seems you’ll be incredibly disappointed if you don’t get #1250.

1250 is a clear possibility as they will probably screw up the number matching .... although I'm sure you'll point the finger at the distributor and not CGC

#9759 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Shredder of dreams!

#9760 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

1250 is a clear possibility as they will probably screw up the number matching

What is your number match?

#9761 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What is your number match?

Less than 1250

#9762 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What is wrong with you?

#9763 1 year ago

Here is the unboxing video. Please follow my channel and like/share.

#9764 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

If you've got the time to spare then you can quickly fire off some shots at him, yeah. Though you can actually get more points by shooting the lit ramps during the 5 modes. I just hate having gunfight lit and hitting Bart and having nothing happen, and that isn't an issue during those modes. I'm also not that great. If you're better than I am, just go for the points.

Excellent, thank you! I still haven't gotten to high noon. The left outlane is destroying me at default wide setting.

#9765 1 year ago

Excellent, thank you! I still haven't gotten to high noon. The left outlane is destroying me at default wide setting.

Save yourself the sanity and close them up, even if only half way. I was pretty unhappy playing the game most of the time with them fully open. Now closed, I’m able to wiggle out of many otherwise lost balls and I’m getting multiple stars in a game each night. Actually enjoying my pricey toy is a great feeling!

#9766 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Save yourself the sanity and close them up, even if only half way. I was pretty unhappy playing the game most of the time with them fully open. Now closed, I’m able to wiggle out of many otherwise lost balls and I’m getting multiple stars in a game each night. Actually enjoying my pricey toy is a great feeling!

Are you happier with them halfway or all the way closed?

#9767 1 year ago

I read on another thread that Doug may be getting early retirement from PPS. If PPS gets a new manufacturer I see it as a major win for the hobby. Many I have heard from say Doug really holds things to close unfortunately.

And for those who do not know PPS owns all B/W liscencing. CGC only assembles games. The first MMR's back in 2013 were assembled by stern not CGC

#9768 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Here is the unboxing video. Please follow my channel and like/share.

Awesome video...thanks for taking the time putting that together

#9769 1 year ago

I really hope that CGC can continue manufacturing the games at a minimum as the build quality is outstanding. I'm in awe at how nice the play field looks on my CCr LE.

#9770 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I really hope that CGC can continue manufacturing the games at a minimum as the build quality is outstanding. I'm in awe at how nice the play field looks on my CCr LE.

Stern built the first MMR's just as nice. CGC assembles nicely but stern did it first and at the same quality, just sayin

#9771 1 year ago

About 200 le made so far…. It imseems they make 80-100 games per month. So at yhis tate the se+ will be ready sometime next year.
I do not care, not in a rush. Just throwing out some thoughts

#9772 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

CGC only assembles games. The first MMR's back in 2013 were assembled by stern not CGC

Because CGC wasn't prepared for what happened. When the run was literally sold out at Expo when Rick announced it, in an hour.

Nobody could have been prepared for that when they thought it would take months to sell out the run.

LTG : )

#9773 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I read on another thread that Doug may be getting early retirement from PPS.

I doubt that. PPS is working on other projects.

Though there may be only a couple more remakes coming.

#9774 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because CGC wasn't prepared for what happened. When the run was literally sold out at Expo when Rick announced it, in an hour.
Nobody could have been prepared for that when they thought it would take months to sell out the run.

So there are others that can manufacture the remakes

#9775 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I doubt that. PPS is working on other projects.
Though there may be only a couple more remakes coming.

PPS project Like maybe a TZ Remake? Maybe only a couple more through CGC? God I hope not. Time for a company that will speak to their customers and distributers

#9776 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So there are others that can manufacture the remakes

There are other pinball manufacturers.

If they are willing to do other projects, that is unknown.

Isn't likely Stern would do for other companies anymore. AP talked about it some years back, and don't hear that any more either.

#9777 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

PPS project Like maybe a TZ Remake?

No idea. Could be projects like Fathom, or kits like Funhouse 2.

Only PPS knows their future plans.

#9778 1 year ago

It really does break my heart to crap on CGC like this. I was their biggest fan and have purchased many of their games. But they have shown what they think of their customers and distributers, and I am sorry but you do not do business like this.

#9779 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Definitely think this is the route to go. Not permanent and I get to see more of the game.

#9780 1 year ago

Anyone know the type/size of the screws that secure the siderails? They come in the silver finish on an SE and I want to order black ones to better match a dark gray powdercoat.

#9781 1 year ago

Anyone know the type/size of the screws that secure the siderails? They come in the silver finish on an SE and I want to order black ones to better match a dark gray powdercoat.

They are kind of unusual, countersunk screws. They didn't sit flush on my machine anyway, so I abandoned using them. I've used these screws on both armor and mirror blades. They are very low profile, and disappear on my machines with black armor.

100 Qty #8 x 1/2" Black Phillips Modified Truss Head Wood Screws (BCP1077) https://a.co/d/irTPDPd

20220807_090734.jpg20220807_090734.jpg
#9782 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Smallest gap for me. I’m not very skilled…but with more time per each ball that’s more shots I’m taking and I feel myself getting better. So maybe one day I’ll open them back up and see how that feels but that day is a long way off.

#9783 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

They are kind of unusual, countersunk screws. They didn't sit flush on my machine anyway, so I abandoned using them. I've used these screws on both armor and mirror blades. They are very low profile, and disappear on my machines with black armor.
100 Qty #8 x 1/2" Black Phillips Modified Truss Head Wood Screws (BCP1077) https://a.co/d/irTPDPd[quoted image]

Thanks! I like the darker armor way better than the stock silver.

#9784 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have to disagree here. Everyone knew that run would sell out instantly.

#9785 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So would another run.

#9786 1 year ago

Deposit date 10/30/21
My distributor sent this email this morning.
Just got approval to order the Backglass yesterday. SMH

CD6DEAE6-0695-4355-B363-826FE049FE54 (resized).jpegCD6DEAE6-0695-4355-B363-826FE049FE54 (resized).jpeg

#9787 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

And for those who do not know PPS owns all B/W liscencing. CGC only assembles games. The first MMR's back in 2013 were assembled by stern not CGC

Cgc also design, engineer, and reimagine the games in new ways. It would be far more accurate to limit PPS’s role in the remake story than it would be to try to limit CGCs.

And while stern was involved in assembly for MMR - it was by CGC not instead of CGC. After stern jerked them around they setup their own assembly line.

They were still assembling a game engineered, sourced, and organized by cgc

#9788 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

How do you close out-lanes?

#9789 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Move the post all the way down. When people say "closed" they don't literally mean closed.

#9790 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

232 has arrived
[quoted image]

Manufacture date?

#9791 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

There are usually 2 or 3 slots for the outlane post screw. You can make the outlane gap wider (default) or narrower to adjust difficulty of the game.

#9792 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

If you look at the outlanes, you'll see one of the posts is in a slot. Under the playfield, you can loosen the nut that holds that post tight and slide it forward as much as you like. (Then retighten.)

#9793 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ll totally admit I didn’t know this was a possibility! Can anyone tell me how to close them up?

Thanks in advance!!!!

#9794 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

CGC only assembles games.

Yes, PPS does license the Bally/Williams pinball IP which allows remakes to be done but CGC does a lot more than just assemble games. They have done a significant amount of engineering and development for CCr and past remakes. See the Cactus Canyon Completed presentation for some examples.

As for Stern building the early MMr games - yup. And we see how well that worked out. I doubt we would have seen remakes past MMr if that had continued.

#9795 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

I’ll totally admit I didn’t know this was a possibility! Can anyone tell me how to close them up?
Thanks in advance!!!!

Loosen the outlane post, slide it up to the middle or top position and tighten. Do the same for the other post. Quick and simple.

Edit: previously answered. I’ll add this to the FAQ later.

#9796 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

My distributor sent this email this morning.

Your distributor is spot on.

Why the delay on allowing you to order a backglass? Was your distributor not doing orders themselves? You should have been able to order a backglass as soon as you had a confirmed game order.

#9797 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

An hour? More like 15 minutes.

I was in the very front right next to Rick. Overwhelming and unexpected demand for sure. Never seen anything like it. Puts all other release announcements to shame.

#9798 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

An hour? More like 15 minutes.
I was in the very front right next to Rick. Overwhelming and unexpected demand for sure. Never seen anything like it. Puts all other release announcements to shame.

CCR Le was the same, sold out in a very short time.

I'm lucky to have ordered one. Without the help of Sara at PPS, I would have been SOL.

#9799 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was in the very front right next to Rick.

beauty-peacock.gifbeauty-peacock.gif
#9800 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Not quite everyone. Rick thought it would take two or three months.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,421 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.