(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,414 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Mando
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 309.
#9651 1 year ago

Does anyone make a speaker grill decal so CCR speaker panel has some artwork like the original?

Yes, I realize the original didn't have any artwork, but look at this picture from Dexter and notice
how the CC speaker panel stands out as missing next to the other machines in the fine lineup.

pins (resized).jpgpins (resized).jpg
#9652 1 year ago

See post #9542. It is from Wizard mods and is magnetic.

#9653 1 year ago

Anyone know the part #/name of plastic trim that work better w/ the mirrored backglass?

The stock translite trim is too thin and makes for a tight fittting around the mirrored backglass. The way mine installed, I'm a little nervous about pulling the backglass for any reason.

#9654 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

See post #9542. It is from Wizard mods and is magnetic.

Please don't make me repost my fridge. It's quite depressing. LOL

#9655 1 year ago
Quoted from lou:

Does anyone make a speaker grill decal so CCR speaker panel has some artwork like the original?
Yes, I realize the original didn't have any artwork

Check the FAQ under Modifications. Links and everything …

#9656 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Anyone know the part #/name of plastic trim that work better w/ the mirrored backglass?
The stock translite trim is too thin and makes for a tight fittting around the mirrored backglass.

The trim for NGG should be fine since it’s also glass and a tub, but I actually thought that was the same part # as CCr. Will check some things and update the FAQ.

What is it that makes you nervous about the way you have it installed? Are you worried the trim is going to “flip off” when you remove the glass?

#9657 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The trim for NGG should be fine since it’s also glass and a tub, but I actually thought that was the same part # as CCr. Will check some things and update the FAQ.
What is it that makes you nervous about the way you have it installed? Are you worried the trim is going to “flip off” when you remove the glass?

Exactly the opposite. The stock translite side, top, and lift trim is a very tight fit going on the glass. It took a bit of pressure to apply the trim to the mirrored glass. And then it 'felt' very tight when pushing it up into place on the machine afterwards.

I've heard that the System 11 trim is the stuff to get. Just trying to confirm.

Screenshot (2) (resized).pngScreenshot (2) (resized).png
#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from lou:

Yes, I realize the original didn't have any artwork, but look at this picture from Dexter and notice
how the CC speaker panel stands out as missing next to the other machines in the fine lineup.[quoted image]

Here's my lonely magnet guarding my other toys

20230128_145848 (resized).jpg20230128_145848 (resized).jpg
#9659 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

I've heard that the System 11 trim is the stuff to get. Just trying to confirm.

That’s what I used on my CPR backglasses for my Bally/WMS games. The EATPM and Creature glasses fit fine. According to notes I wrote myself I ordered some Sys 11 trim for the CCr backglass last year (which I didn’t remember doing) so I must have had a good reason. Obviously can’t confirm without my game, but that was apparently my plan …

#9660 1 year ago

Wonder how many people have SafeCracker tokens in their safe …

#9661 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wonder how many people have SafeCracker tokens in their safe …

3. The answer is 3.

#9662 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Exactly the opposite. The stock translite side, top, and lift trim is a very tight fit going on the glass. It took a bit of pressure to apply the trim to the mirrored glass. And then it 'felt' very tight when pushing it up into place on the machine afterwards.
I've heard that the System 11 trim is the stuff to get. Just trying to confirm.[quoted image]

Yes, get the system 11 channel. I use it every time I replace a translight with a CPR mirrored backglass.

#9663 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, get the system 11 channel. I use it every time I replace a translight with a CPR mirrored backglass.

Just confirming, Original Translight lift channel is ok to fit on Mirror BG ?

#9664 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Just confirming, Original Translight lift channel is ok to fit on Mirror BG ?

Edit:

I guess trim and lift channel sides and top are required

#9665 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Edit:
I guess trim and lift channel sides and top are required

Correct

#9666 1 year ago

Backglass trim entry added to the FAQ

#9667 1 year ago

I received #0158 CCrLE on Thursday, January 26th, 2023. The “born on” date was January 12th, 2023. This is my first “New In Box” machine. Once I receive the Mezel Mods upgrades, I’m going to photograph the game from the ball’s perspective and make prints available for purchase. I love photographing pinball machines! There is something about capturing the architecture of the playfield and the allure of playing. To see other pinball photos, https://www.kevin.tiell.com/the-game-reflected.

The story I grew up with, is that my grandfather gambled on pinball. Researching how it was possible led me to create these unique images. I am excited to see what I can do with this Cactus Canyon remake LE!

88B91E36-FC55-45AC-8445-B8FAB65BD4BD (resized).jpeg88B91E36-FC55-45AC-8445-B8FAB65BD4BD (resized).jpeg
#9668 1 year ago
Quoted from Stuey:

I love photographing pinball machines!

Cool pics!! My favourites are ‘Holister’ and ‘captive ball’
Excited to see what you do with cactus canyon

#9669 1 year ago
Quoted from Stuey:

I received #0158 CCrLE on Thursday, January 26th, 2023. The “born on” date was January 12th, 2023. This is my first “New In Box” machine. Once I receive the Mezel Mods upgrades, I’m going to photograph the game from the ball’s perspective and make prints available for purchase. I love photographing pinball machines! There is something about capturing the architecture of the playfield and the allure of playing. To see other pinball photos, https://www.kevin.tiell.com/the-game-reflected.
The story I grew up with, is that my grandfather gambled on pinball. Researching how it was possible led me to create these unique images. I am excited to see what I can do with this Cactus Canyon remake LE!
[quoted image]

Nice pictures! I wasn’t sure what to expect before clicking on “inflatable friends” but glad I did. Your other work is great too! My boys wear See Kai Run shoes. Can’t wait to see your CCr photos.

#9670 1 year ago

Very cool pictures. You sell some other interesting stuff as well.

#9671 1 year ago
Quoted from Stuey:

[quoted image]

Amazing pics! Had the pleasure to be in the world of photography for over a decade and I can tell there is love in those images.
Cheers

#9672 1 year ago

Does the topper have a serial number ?
If so does it match serial/game # ?

#9673 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Easy! Put the mirrored in the game and the signed one in a lit frame from midcoastsurf

Thanks for the mention! Yes, the CCr translite fits my 90's WMS/Bally size frame. I'll shoot you a note.

You can also check out a bunch of customer pics/reviews on my Pinside thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lit-frames-led-backlit-translite-frames

OR on Instagram under @LitFrameShop

#9674 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Does the topper have a serial number ?
If so does it match serial/game # ?

No, the topper does not have a serial number.

#9675 1 year ago

I believe I have tracked down the culprit of the drop target (left of center) that wasn't cooperating. I've attached a very close up image of the drop target assembly. Notice how the black (circled) plastic piece is sort of cupped? It was catching the edge of the tab on the drop target harder than it should. Filing it down with an emery board was just enough that it let go at a comparable moment as the other 3 targets. I was able to identify this by using a long Q tip which allowed for a larger range of gradation in pressure than touching with my finger.

Testing with gameplay afterwards yeilding success again and again, until one shot didn't register but it was more of a glancing blow from the far right side (opposite of the spring) so I hope that was a rare occurrence. More testing will commence.

I hope that this information is helpful to others that have the same issue.

Culprit (resized).jpgCulprit (resized).jpgIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPG
#9676 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I believe I have tracked down the culprit of the drop target (left of center) that wasn't cooperating. I've attached a very close up image of the drop target assembly. Notice how the black (circled) plastic piece is sort of cupped? It was catching the edge of the tab on the drop target harder than it should. Filing it down with an emery board was just enough that it let go at a comparable moment as the other 3 targets. I was able to identify this by using a long Q tip which allowed for a larger range of gradation in pressure than touching with my finger.
Testing with gameplay afterwards yeilding success again and again, until one shot didn't register but it was more of a glancing blow from the far right side (opposite of the spring) so I hope that was a rare occurrence. More testing will commence.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m glad you got it working but I don’t think Q tips and emery paper is the preferred method

#9677 1 year ago

Thanks Coolcat and EVH347

Our distro will ship games and I assume PPS BG at the same time,
so it will be nice to be prepared with correct trim to install the incredible PPS BG.

Very stoked that color scale of BG may have actually been adjusted for LED backlight.

Trim CCr (resized).JPGTrim CCr (resized).JPG
#9678 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Our distro will ship games and I assume PPS BG at the same time,

Very stoked that color scale of BG may have actually been adjusted for LED backlight.

The plan is to get backglasses in the same container as your games.

The translite colors were adjusted for LED lighting. I think the BG was too but not 100% sure. Will check my notes.

#9679 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Thanks! Mine started happening again, and I know it's not that the spring needs to be broken in, as my game as over a thousand plays. I'm going to finally check out the mechanism and see if mine is similar.

#9680 1 year ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i will do a re run of the CC speaker grills
if you are interested send me a PM
1,5 mm brushes stainless stell
1 kit 65,- euro shipped to usa
2 Kits 105,-
i have also MM MB and AFM
[quoted image]

the CCR speaker grills should be ready this week

#9681 1 year ago

Bart's hat seems to be sticking a bit and not going up smoothly. I've seen the topics on his hat falling off, but this seems to be an issue with the hat rod. When I open the game and manually move the hat up and down it seems to drag a bit, very tight. Anyone else having this issue? I first noticed the hat did not pop up as high as I had seen in videos, so I noticed the drag when manually pushing the coil rod. Thanks.

#9682 1 year ago
Quoted from DocFinlay:

I noticed the drag when manually pushing the coil rod. Thanks.

Would open the playfield and see where its binding , sounds like a slight adjustment to be made !

#9683 1 year ago

Finally got the text my LE is in and shipping!!!! From FlipNOut Pinball. Can't wait. Made my day.

#9684 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Finally got the text my LE is in and shipping!!!! From FlipNOut Pinball. Can't wait. Made my day.

How much advance time did you get? Just curious

#9685 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

There’s an old 9v battery trick as well. Touch +/- speaker wire leads to the +/- terminal of the battery. Speaker should fire outwards. Reverse the wires on the battery to the -/+ and speaker should pull inwards. If any variance from left to right speaker you know there’s an issue.

you do NOT want to use a 9volt battery...could fry the coil..a simple AA will definitely suffice, and won't risk your speakers' coils. I'm a HT guy.

#9686 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Non just texted now to pay because coming in today or tomorrow to ship.

#9687 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Thanks! Mine started happening again, and I know it's not that the spring needs to be broken in, as my game as over a thousand plays. I'm going to finally check out the mechanism and see if mine is similar.

You probably just need to stretch the spring a little. I had this issue with one drop target. I stretched the spring and it works great now.

#9688 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I ordered from Zach too, hopefully I hear something soon !!!

#9689 1 year ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

I ordered from Zach too, hopefully I hear something soon !!!

I tried to order from Zach first, but by the time I got word his were all gone. I only heard great things about him and his business.

#9690 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I tried to order from Zach first, but by the time I got word his were all gone. I only heard great things about him and his business.

I ordered my SE from Zach in December. Arrived in two days via FedEx freight. Great to work with and very communicative.

#9691 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Non just texted now to pay because coming in today or tomorrow to ship.

Did you get your SN# yet?

#9692 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Did you get your SN# yet?

No

#9693 1 year ago

people with LE's still enjoying their machines? Just curious on the new owners with replayability, and how it stacks up with the rest of your current lineup.

#9694 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

people with LE's still enjoying their machines? Just curious on the new owners with replayability, and how it stacks up with the rest of your current lineup.

Got my LE number match but it’s still in the box… hopefully get it unboxed in a few days… waited this long so a few more days will not hurt

3A3EF969-1776-473C-BB5E-32D6C7DBA869 (resized).jpeg3A3EF969-1776-473C-BB5E-32D6C7DBA869 (resized).jpeg
#9695 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

If the LE is better than the SE, then I'm going to bet it's a resounding YES!

#9696 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

If the LE is better than the SE, then I'm going to bet it's a resounding YES!

I don't know that the LE is better. More unique maybe. I think that question was better asked of all owners since the game play and longevity are exactly the same. I've been playing my SE feverishly for the last three weeks since it arrived. Can't think of any game in my collection that has had more plays in the first few weeks. Sure the honeymoon will wear off but I think it has lasting appeal. At least as much any of the popular 90's B/W's.

#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from Stuey:

[quoted image]

I always wondered what happened to the drummer from the beets!

B427C83C-52A7-4358-B270-EFE37957D1BF (resized).jpegB427C83C-52A7-4358-B270-EFE37957D1BF (resized).jpeg
#9698 1 year ago

Nos. 172 and 164 have been shipped and received.

6E7CABEC-39F3-4139-B8F2-C9A6331298A1 (resized).png6E7CABEC-39F3-4139-B8F2-C9A6331298A1 (resized).pngA706A851-765F-4F1A-93DB-689E68CA0174 (resized).pngA706A851-765F-4F1A-93DB-689E68CA0174 (resized).png
#9699 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Nos. 172 and 164 have been shipped and received.

PM sent

#9700 1 year ago

Why are they different prices ?

edit : never mind

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (Firm)
$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.