(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,932 posts
  • 540 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by kapsreiter
  • Topic is favorited by 307 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 255 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 77 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 164 votes
    33%

(496 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCR (1) (resized).jpg
6F639EA5-9F5B-4E43-9957-BCD24A10C8FA (resized).jpeg
E6126796-09FE-42CF-8C3B-97E2708D90D3 (resized).jpeg
9B855871-E1DC-4519-A426-E6A3BAB01F92 (resized).jpeg
C3C158D1-CB1E-4316-8706-17CCBAEA9E3C (resized).jpeg
0DC517AE-BD71-4510-BF94-1641A813C54C (resized).jpeg
6FDC3FC7-D5C9-4DA2-B5B2-41E791424C25 (resized).jpeg
5AC99132-FD15-4C15-A0B2-195A788FE153 (resized).jpeg
4B1CF993-C480-4D3D-AC2B-A4C5BCB7CFD7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0638 (resized).jpeg
20230204_192820.jpg
20220806_221836.jpg
D7CB1A41-CB1C-4BE5-B224-0066774B4675 (resized).jpeg
55EE9DCF-847E-4B1B-8BF8-3D80534325DB (resized).jpeg
4E16F29D-7FCD-498D-81AE-6A70F080556E (resized).jpeg
81255109-E5FF-4CD3-B58E-79C6697D0606 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 199.
#9501 15 days ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Question - are any current owners experiencing this? When the ball comes out of the mine and rolls over what looks to be an opto rollover my bad guy moves as if he was hit. I'm unsure if it's actually crediting a hit or its just creating movement of the bad guy for effect and is supposed to do that.
If it's not are there any suggestions as I looked under the playfield and didn't see any immediate reason for this happening.
Thanks!

Quoted from pch3727:

Mine does this as well. I assumed it was intentional.

Definitely intentional. If you can hear it, it's almost always (or always) a taunting callout from a Bart brother, and he moves as if he's speaking.

#9502 15 days ago

<wrong window>

#9503 15 days ago

The exit from the pops/mine is a trigger for Bart to taunt you. He will move and make a comment but it does not count as a hit for the Bart you are currently on.

Quoted from K9Marshal:

Question - are any current owners experiencing this? When the ball comes out of the mine and rolls over what looks to be an opto rollover my bad guy moves as if he was hit. I'm unsure if it's actually crediting a hit or it’s just creating movement of the bad guy for effect and is supposed to do that.
If it's not are there any suggestions as I looked under the playfield and didn't see any immediate reason for this happening.
Thanks!

#9504 15 days ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

I've had my game several weeks and have never seen the Light Gun Fight skill shot listed in the manual. Does it exist?

Based on the feedback, I'm going with "no".

#9505 15 days ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Based on the feedback, I'm going with "no".

I have never seen it.

#9506 15 days ago

I am happy to report, that I heard back from Roger at Starcade. Roger said that after talking to Rick Bartlett, Rick thinks he will need a year to build the 2,600 LE and SE+ machines. Don't shoot the messenger. The undertaker has been way too busy these days. At least now I can focus my energy remembering that at least I will get the LE I wanted and celebrate with those that get their games before me.

#9507 15 days ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I am happy to report, that I heard back from Roger at Starcade. Roger said that after talking to Rick Bartlett, Rick thinks he will need a year to build the 2,600 LE and SE+ machines. Don't shoot the messenger. The undertaker has been way too busy these days. At least now I can focus my energy remembering that at least I will get the LE I wanted and celebrate with those that get their games before me.

So they’re producing 50 per week? Can someone check my math?

#9508 15 days ago

This is crazy. Lol

#9509 15 days ago

Well, that gives me a lot more time to figure out how to break it to the wife I spent another $10k

#9510 15 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I removed one of these and reinstalled when I was having issues with one of the drop targets. After reinstalling...it was locked up. I had adjust the position slightly because it was interfering with the bracket from what I recall. Had to remove the bracket and tighten it a certain way for it to work properly.

The one that locked up on us has worked fine the past couple of months. Then it just locked up all on its own. Even after removing it from the drop target mech it’s still seized up solid.

CGC support did reach out to me today. After a short discussion on the phone, they are sending me a complete replacement drop target assembly, I just have to send the old assembly back to them so they can investigate the failure.

#9511 15 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So they’re producing 50 per week? Can someone check my math?

2600 / 52 = 50 That is how the math works out, but the reality might be something else. Who knows.

#9512 15 days ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I am happy to report, that I heard back from Roger at Starcade. Roger said that after talking to Rick Bartlett, Rick thinks he will need a year to build the 2,600 LE and SE+ machines.

Very glad you heard from Roger. I know that was a weight off your shoulders.

1) Rick has nothing to do with building the machines (he is able to get info on confirmed orders for the backglasses).

2) That number translates to 1350 SE+ games which is higher than I thought and interesting because that means CGC has given dealers more SE+ games to sell (initial slots to dealers were limited to the same number of LEs) yet most dealers still have SE+ available for sale AND only 15% in the poll say SE+ vs 52% for LE. Obviously not all sales are reflected here but that is a tremendous discrepancy. And I’ve never heard from anyone that there are more confirmed orders for the SE+.

3) No issue with the 50/week estimate but we haven’t seen that yet for an extended period of time.

4) What does this mean for more SEs? (Thinking out loud)

5) If true, I’m more concerned with SE+ games being mixed in than I was before.

I have a hard time with (and skeptical of) 2600+ to go, but if true CGC has a huge hit and deserve congratulations for that.

Very interesting if true. Where are all you SE+ guys???

I’m going to make some popcorn …

#9513 15 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Very glad you heard from Roger. I know that was a weight off your shoulders.
1) Rick has nothing to do with building the machines (he is able to get info on confirmed orders for the backglasses).
2) That number translates to 1350 SE+ games which is higher than I thought and interesting because that means CGC has given dealers more SE+ games to sell (initial slots to dealers were limited to the same number of LEs) yet most dealers still have SE+ available for sale AND only 15% in the poll say SE+ vs 52% for LE. Obviously not all sales are reflected here but that is a tremendous discrepancy. And I’ve never heard from anyone that there are more confirmed orders for the SE+.
3) No issue with the 50/week estimate but we haven’t seen that yet for an extended period of time.
4) What does this mean for more SEs?
5) If true, I’m more concerned with SE+ games being mixed in than I was before.
I have a hard time with (and skeptical of) 2600+ to go, but if true CGC has a huge hit and deserve congratulations for that.
Very interesting if true. Where are all you SE+ guys???
I’m going to make some popcorn …

Remind me again how many SEs went out (approx)? IIRC it was maybe close to 1400? That would put the total right at 4k games - what a great run for CCr!

I’m guessing they are preferring to finish out the run with an overage of SE+ rather than building another tail end run of SEs as the profit margin is much higher on the SE+.

#9514 15 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Remind me again how many SEs went out (approx)? IIRC it was maybe close to 1400? That would put the total right at 4k games - what a great run for CCr!

I don’t know. Stopped tracking SEs a while ago but I thought it was still under 1000. Remember the SE numbers started at 1251. Don’t remember seeing numbers in the 2600s. I thought we were around 2200-2250 (highest number, not number of games) or about 1000 SEs.

Quoted from Damonator:

I’m guessing they are preferring to finish out the run with an overage of SE+ rather than building another tail end run of SEs as the profit margin is much higher on the SE+.

Makes sense to me, but that’s still a high number for dealer inventory if these aren’t existing orders.

#9515 14 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know. Stopped tracking SEs a while ago but I thought it was still under 1000. Remember the SE numbers started at 1251. Don’t remember seeing numbers in the 2600s. I thought we were around 2200-2250 (highest number, not number of games) or about 1000 SEs.

Makes sense to me, but that’s still a high number for dealer inventory if these aren’t existing orders.

Does CGC still need to build SE machines for Europe, Australia, Canada as well? If so will that be mixed in this year as they build the LE and SE+?

#9516 14 days ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Would hope that would be the worse of the outcomes ... games builds usually ramp up and if no serious hiccups then a build could double or triple where things are now which would halve or reduce by two thirds the time ... the point is to set expectations that it will be some time before everyone gets their games ... it's just simple math.

#9517 14 days ago

It just seems silly that I would have to sell my se and buy se+ to get a topper at this point. Here’s $1250, now go cut those straps on the pallet and send me the box on top. My plan if/when there is a surplus of se+.

#9518 14 days ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Does CGC still need to build SE machines for Europe, Australia, Canada as well? If so will that be mixed in this year as they build the LE and SE+?

I was playing around with numbers last night. For non-domestic SEs it makes more sense that they have already been built but that would mean hundreds of games are sitting somewhere waiting for export approval and shipping containers. If those games haven’t been built and the LE/SE+ number mentioned is correct then the timeframe needed is even longer to account for those SEs and/or production needs to ramp up even further. Not going to see Stern type rates though (and not sure we would want to) it’s just wait and be patient.

Demand for CCr is a great problem to have. Except maybe for those in the “I’m waiting for MMr or the next remake” group.

#9519 14 days ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

It just seems silly that I would have to sell my se and buy se+ to get a topper at this point. Here’s $1250, now go cut those straps on the pallet and send me the box on top. My plan if/when there is a surplus of se+.

If those numbers are correct, the SE+ games are already sold; there isn’t going to be a massive surplus where CGC will need to cannibalize toppers. And this would seem to indicate there is even less reason for CGC to reverse their position that the only way to get a topper is to buy an LE or SE+.

#9520 14 days ago
Quoted from Dexter:

LE 157 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

14216107-64D0-4D98-BE77-2AAEEA43DDAA (resized).jpeg

#9521 14 days ago
Quoted from jfh:[quoted image]

At least his enroute ... for the rest of waiting !

newspress-collage-20375382-1668012701991.jpg
#9522 14 days ago

So are they working ok LEs first currently and about how long for US LEs to be fufullied you think

#9523 14 days ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

You could do that, but then it still wouldn’t work on your machine. There is programming or lack of that prevents it from working with a model that is not an SE+ or LE. That’s the word at least.
I grabbed the SE+ when it was offered since I missed the boat on the LE. I wanted the topper for sure. I figured if I’m going to take the plunge on my first NIB game, I wanted to make sure it was something I could bolt down. I figure even if I get tired of it, that topper will give me some leverage for trades or sales to get my next machine. I’ve become such a fan of pins over the last 15 years that I even sold my collection of video game machines this year to start making room.

#9524 14 days ago
Quoted from moonraker:

So are they working [on] LEs first currently and about how long for US LEs to be fufullied you think

Check post 9365 from three days ago and the FAQ.
A lot will depend on how/where the SE+ games are slotted for production.

#9525 14 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Check post 9365 from three days ago and the FAQ.
A lot will depend on how/where the SE+ games are slotted for production.

Ok just read it. So it’s still anyones guess then and who knows

#9526 14 days ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Ok just read it. So it’s still anyones guess then and who knows

Always has been.

The only people that know work for CGC. All that individual distributors know, even the biggest ones, is what they are getting in any individual batch.

#9527 14 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Always has been.
The only people that know work for CGC. All that individual distributors know, even the biggest ones, is what they are getting in any individual batch.

No, no jfh ... Like this!

603AF8BD-C612-49E3-B813-DDD716745A8E (resized).jpeg
#9528 14 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

[quoted image]

It was delivered! I haven't opened yet.

#9529 14 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

At least his enroute ... for the rest of waiting !
[quoted image]

3810AA88-AA1D-4DA1-BB01-871E89F2ACF1 (resized).jpeg
#9530 14 days ago

thought about this about 2 weeks ago..... mind blown !

thanks for the great meme and the laugh !

#9531 14 days ago

Did they make the official announcement yet ?

#9532 14 days ago
Quoted from Burgertime79:

Did they make the official announcement yet ?

No.

#9533 14 days ago

So I started racking up excessive beer mug shots. Went into switch test and smacked the playfield. Beer switch registers like crazy. The switch is showing as closed. Does anyone know the proper gapping of the switch? Thought I'd ask for before I went and started making adjustments.

Thanks!

#9534 14 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Does anyone know the proper gapping of the switch?

Yes. So the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't.

I'd turn the game off, lower that leaf blade switch from below the playfield. Adjust/bend the leaf blades as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can. That way they stay put.

A tweak or two and you'll get it working real good.

LTG : )

#9535 14 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

So I started racking up excessive beer mug shots. Went into switch test and smacked the playfield. Beer switch registers like crazy. The switch is showing as closed. Does anyone know the proper gapping of the switch? Thought I'd ask for before I went and started making adjustments.
Thanks!

The proper gapping for any leaf switch is; close enough for a proper hit to register the switch but not too close that impacts/vibrations elsewhere on the pf will. May seem less formal than you had envisioned but that is genuinely as scientific as you need to be here.

#9536 14 days ago

Got my invoice from Automated Services a few days ago and wired my money for my CCr LE, yesterday. Hope to see it within a few weeks.

It has certainly been a long wait and my heart really does go out to you folks who are still waiting to here that yours is ready.

Thought I would post this in case someone is trying to keep track of shipped units.

#9537 14 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. So the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't.
I'd turn the game off, lower that leaf blade switch from below the playfield. Adjust/bend the leaf blades as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can. That way they stay put.
A tweak or two and you'll get it working real good.
LTG : )

Thanks for the quick response. After pulling out the leaf switch I realized it was gapped properly. The stainless striker/lifter plate had moved back and was closing the switch. I loosened the phillips screw in front of the beer glass and was able to slide that striker plate forward a few hairs and retighten. That did the trick. Hopefully I tightened it enough that it won't continue to slide back with repeated impacts.

#9538 14 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Thanks for the quick response. After pulling out the leaf switch I realized it was gapped properly. The stainless striker/lifter plate had moved back and was closing the switch. I loosened the phillips screw in front of the beer glass and was able to slide that striker plate forward a few hairs and retighten. That did the trick. Hopefully I tightened it enough that it won't continue to slide back with repeated impacts.

Glad you fixed it.
Common problem. Details and pics in the FAQ.

#9539 14 days ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Got my invoice from Automated Services a few days ago and wired my money for my CCr LE, yesterday.

Do you have a number?

#9540 14 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Do you have a number?

Automated usually doesn't put game #s on Invoices

#9541 14 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

If those numbers are correct, the SE+ games are already sold

As an FYI, I email PPS a long time ago to see if they had an SE+ available. Nope.

So, let's assume PPS is the largest distributor.
Let's assume PPS got the same number of SE+ as LE.

That's a big portion of SE+ games already sold. And the smaller dists probably have already committed, or have to commit to take the SE+s because they took the LEs. So from CGCs perspective, the games are sold.

#9542 14 days ago

The Wizard Mod speaker panel magnet looks great!

20230125_183619 (resized).jpg
#9543 14 days ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

The Wizard Mod speaker panel magnet looks great!
[quoted image]

They look even better when together with coin door magnet. LMAO

IMG_7018 (resized).jpg

#9544 14 days ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

They look even better when together with coin door magnet. LMAO
[quoted image]

Mine is decorating my safe

#9545 14 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine is decorating my safe

agree these are amazing!

FB3D8501-C507-4CA2-9A24-0A773C791BE3 (resized).jpeg

#9546 14 days ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

Automated usually doesn't put game #s on Invoices

Correct. When my CCr LE arrives, I will post the number.

Also, I definitely need to order the Wizpanels for the speakers and coin door!

#9547 14 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Always has been.

So I’m #12 on internal list for my distro. So would that be like third batch for them if each gets 5 games I guess seems like it will take a looong time

#9548 14 days ago
Quoted from moonraker:

So I’m #12 on internal list for my distro. So would that be like third batch for them if each gets 5 games I guess seems like it will take a looong time

Initial batches were 4-5 games. There have been multiple reports of recent batches that were 10, so you could very well be in their next batch. Fingers crossed.

#9549 14 days ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Good to hear that you heard from Roger at Starcade. I also have an LE on order from him but have not heard anything but I have not reached out to him either.

#9550 14 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

recent batches that were 10, so you could very well be in their next batch. Fingers crossed.

Please cross toes too - we need batches of 20!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
1,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Pensacola Beach, FL
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 9,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 199.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/191 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.