(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,427 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 309.
#9451 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Crap if I knew this is how it was going to go I would’ve bought an SE. No amount of delay, deceit, or drama is worth a numbered plaque (p-touch label), some powdercoat, and a topper. I just want to play the game. And you’ll say, “then maybe that’s what you should’ve done”. However, then I’d be like all the rest who got crimped legs, low profile standoffs, wrinkled decals, and no answers as to why. Meanwhile watching the product change midstream for those who waited. It’s a no win situation. The ones in control of everything is CGC and they’ve been radio silent. LOL
[quoted image]

My SE is from one of the very earliest batches - and outside of the audio ‘issue’ which still seems to be up for debate, I have had no major problems. Solidly built, quality game. Family loves it. I’m not missing the topper or the apron. Glad we’ve gotten to play for the last 9 months!

#9452 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

My SE is from one of the very earliest batches - and outside of the audio ‘issue’ which still seems to be up for debate, I have had no major problems. Solidly built, quality game. Family loves it. I’m not missing the topper or the apron. Glad we’ve gotten to play for the last 9 months!

Same here, and I don't have the audio issue

#9453 1 year ago

Golgotha I also am purchasing through Roger from Starcade, I’ll reach out to him tomorrow and let you know of any communication I get from him

#9454 1 year ago

I have been communicating with Pinster5000 as both of us live in Colorado and both of us have SE’s. I think I have sound issues and he claims his game sounds great. Anyway, he is willing to bring his board and swap it with mine to see if the sound issue goes away. There are only 2 boards in the backbox, and the one on the left side, connector J6, says speakers so I’m pretty sure this is the board we need to check/test. LTG could you please confirm this is the correct board? I am curious to see if this helps my game and if so do you think CGC will honor this and replace my board? Like I said, I asked in my support ticket for CGC to send me a replacement board and got crickets. We shall see soon. Ha ha ha.

0CC77407-375C-4E44-A392-39E044307800 (resized).jpeg0CC77407-375C-4E44-A392-39E044307800 (resized).jpeg9B9B8065-58CB-4CE2-A9BF-C41B0E2050C1 (resized).jpeg9B9B8065-58CB-4CE2-A9BF-C41B0E2050C1 (resized).jpeg
#9455 1 year ago

Good that we’re not hearing of a lot of problems. Sounds like the most common so far is the drop target springs. The decal issue was unfortunate for those impacted but that apparently impacted just a small number of games. Maybe there is a sound issue, maybe not. If you do run into problems post and I’ll make sure they’re noted in the FAQ.

The ongoing production changes (plastics preventing hang ups, drop target change, leg standoffs and another I’m forgetting) seem more attention to detail than critical. And seems like Lloyd has as much work as the Maytag repairman (but we are so lucky to have him supporting us!)

#9456 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have been communicating with Pinster5000 as both of us live in Colorado and both of us have SE’s. I think I have sound issues and he claims his game sounds great. Anyway, he is willing to bring his board and swap it with mine to see if the sound issue goes away.

Thanks to you both for doing this.

#9457 1 year ago

Glad to see this is finally happening. I don't have the audio issue, but offered some time ago to swap my board with someone who was having the issue for the sake of figuring this out. I never heard from anyone, but the curiosity is killing me. I'm anxious to see how this turns out.

#9458 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have been communicating with Pinster5000 as both of us live in Colorado and both of us have SE’s. I think I have sound issues and he claims his game sounds great. Anyway, he is willing to bring his board and swap it with mine to see if the sound issue goes away. There are only 2 boards in the backbox, and the one on the left side, connector J6, says speakers so I’m pretty sure this is the board we need to check/test. LTG could you please confirm this is the correct board? I am curious to see if this helps my game and if so do you think CGC will honor this and replace my board? Like I said, I asked in my support ticket for CGC to send me a replacement board and got crickets. We shall see soon. Ha ha ha.
[quoted image][quoted image]

LTG will confirm but I’m preeeety sure this is where the magic happens.

FC899D5A-C140-4B70-B107-BF19036AF2D6 (resized).jpegFC899D5A-C140-4B70-B107-BF19036AF2D6 (resized).jpeg
#9459 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

What’s crazy people saying I can wait infinite amount of time Oakey dokey! If it’s 2-3 years for a game people could pass away while waiting. Are you ok 5-10 years for a game what’s the limit?

Haha, I was talking about Sheats / Sharpe code, not the game delivery time

I think we may not see the SS additional code until 2024 at the soonest, again hope im wrong. I am guessing code resources are being utilised on CGC next title.

I would like to think the 60 or so Aussie LE's will land down under by April , May this year.

Here's hoping.

#9460 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I just a put a shaker in my SE the other night. I dig it. Subtle but nice. I knew what to expect since I have played several games on an LE. I consider mine complete now. Shaker and physical knocker. Done. Oh and I'm trying to order the mirrored backglass but I can't get a response out of PPS. As far as spares CGC sets you up pretty good. Sling plastics and fuses. Can't complain. I'll be keeping this one. Let's see what breaks down the line.

Nitro has them in stock https://nitropinball.com/products/cactus-canyon-mirrored-ccr-backglass

#9461 1 year ago

You had to have ordered your game through Nitro to get it however.

#9462 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

You had to have ordered your game through Nitro to get it however.

Incorrect. As long as you ordered a game from an authorized distro you’re good!

#9463 1 year ago

Honest question to the (LE) owners that have received their pin, or anyone who has played one a lot. Does the TOPPER meet your expectations, exceed your expectations, or you now wish that you would have just purchased the (SE) model?

To expand on my question, please only rate the GAME PLAY of the TOPPER from 1 to 10.

I am asking this, because I possibly have a chance to purchase my friend's (LE) or should I just purchase the (SE) because the TOPPER really isn't all that fun? I have NEVER played or even seen an (LE) pin and my friend is not close to where I live, so I can NOT actually play it, to decide for myself.

Thanks in advance to all of your opinions and thoughts!

#9464 1 year ago
Quoted from DB62:

Honest question to the (LE) owners that have received their pin, or anyone who has played one a lot. Does the TOPPER meet your expectations, exceed your expectations, or you now wish that you would have just purchased the (SE) model?
To expand on my question, please only rate the GAME PLAY of the TOPPER from 1 to 10.
I am asking this, because I possibly have a chance to purchase my friend's (LE) or should I just purchase the (SE) because the TOPPER really isn't all that fun? I have NEVER played or even seen an (LE) pin and my friend is not close to where I live, so I can NOT actually play it, to decide for myself.

I'd give the gameplay a 6. It not so bad that it has gotten annoying to play, but it also just isn't all that fun after the 10th time. There are games with video modes I prefer playing over it, such as Apollo 13 and Johnny Mnemonic.

That being said. The topper itself is amazing. It's well constructed, looks awesome, and is well integrated with the game. I honestly think it's the coolest topper ever made.

Remember, the actual gameplay is just a small aspect of the topper. And at the end of the day, if you do find the gameplay bad, you can just turn that feature off or increase the number of beer hits to trigger it.

I'm very glad I got the LE model. All the extras we got for $1250 more is an amazing deal. The LE is more than the topper. It's also powder coated legs and rails, great side art, additional sculptures, wooden apron, and a shaker motor.

#9465 1 year ago
Quoted from DB62:

I don’t have my LE yet but I’ve played the topper a lot. From a purely game play standpoint I’d rate it a 5, maybe a 6, about the same as I would the video modes on AFM or MM - it’s a mechanical video mode. Maybe I’ll think differently after I own it for a while, but it’s not like the topper is going to be a significant part of overall game play. And I rate it as someone who doesn’t mind video modes.

But explosiveegg is exactly right - the LE is a great value at $9250 (and I’d say even more), especially in today’s market. The topper itself just from a physical standpoint is incredible - aesthetically pleasing, fits the theme perfectly and really fun to watch when others play. It certainly is the best topper in pinball in recent years by a wide margin and I’m not sure we’ll ever see one as well integrated into its game again.

If you are looking to buy a CCr now and the extra $1250 isn’t a huge factor I would absolutely get the LE. You’re probably helping out your friend, you’ll have an LE before most of us who ordered day one and an LE will almost always be easier to resell down the line.

If your criteria is solely based on how much the topper adds to game play then get the SE and maybe the upgrade kit when available. The game play of the topper isn’t worth 15% more, but the LE itself certainly is.

#9466 1 year ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Has anyone had one of the little coils on the popup targets that kick the targets back down go out? I've got one that is pretty much locked up solid.
I took it off and tried to free it up but it just won't budge. I put a ticket in with CGC but I haven't heard from them yet.
[quoted image]

I removed one of these and reinstalled when I was having issues with one of the drop targets. After reinstalling...it was locked up. I had adjust the position slightly because it was interfering with the bracket from what I recall. Had to remove the bracket and tighten it a certain way for it to work properly.

#9467 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

That’s good to know. Phrasing made it sound that you had to order the glass through the distributor you got your game from.

#9468 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

That’s good to know. Phrasing made it sound that you had to order the glass through the distributor you got your game from.

I just checked that site. I can't buy from them as they are not my distributor. Apparently my distributor gave my details to PPS as a confirmed SE buyer and was told to contact them.

#9469 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Not true. Only PPS can take orders if you haven’t also purchased the game from that distributor and they will do it if the distributor isn’t selling the backglasses themselves.

Quoted from SimplePin:

I can't buy from them as they are not my distributor. Apparently my distributor gave my details to PPS as a confirmed SE buyer and was told to contact them.

Yup, if your distributor has chosen not to sell the backglasses you can get one from PPS.

I’ve updated the FAQ to note that.

#9470 1 year ago
Quoted from DB62:

In my opinion the topper makes the game. Not only setting it apart visually and complimenting the theme as mentioned by others. The shootout is NOT easy as evidenced by the few youtube videos that show it in action. Another thing to consider is the unknowns of code enhancements of what I call the "LFS saloon door toybox". We have very little details. But leveraging the topper if possible, would be sick. I can't wait until mine arrives here in the Arizona desert where the theme thrives.
I am so glad I pulled the trigger on my LE.

#9471 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Haha, I was talking about Sheats / Sharpe code, not the game delivery time
I think we may not see the SS additional code until 2024 at the soonest, again hope im wrong. I am guessing code resources are being utilised on CGC next title.
I would like to think the 60 or so Aussie LE's will land down under by April , May this year.
Here's hoping.

#9472 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

LTG will confirm but I’m preeeety sure this is where the magic happens.
[quoted image]

Not to be a super nerd or something, but the chip labeled DAC in the photo, if I'm reading it correctly, is the TAS5760M. Which is a 55-W stereo, 114-W mono, 4.5- to 26.4-V supply, digital input Class-D audio amplifier. And is just as good a place as any to start to look for the source of the audio issues some are having.

#9473 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Not to be a super nerd or something, but the chip labeled DAC in the photo, if I'm reading it correctly, is the TAS5760M. Which is a 55-W stereo, 114-W mono, 4.5- to 26.4-V supply, digital input Class-D audio amplifier. And is just as good a place as any to start to look for the source of the audio issues some are having.

I agree. “FWIW the TAS5760M chip pictured below is a Texas Instruments Class D amplifier with on board digital volume control and digital to analog converter.”

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/108#post-7139934

B50A30F4-7E76-4237-8359-23A2A52773AC (resized).jpegB50A30F4-7E76-4237-8359-23A2A52773AC (resized).jpeg

#9475 1 year ago

This game is effin rad. Love playing it. Curious to know if anyone has gameplay strategies to maximize points. Not generic stuff like complete the modes, take out Bionic Bart, etc... I have a WhiteWater and I love trying to hit 5x playfield then start whitewater multiball for 5x jackpot shots. Looking for that sort of thing. And no, I haven't checked FAQs yet. Want to open a fun sidebar on this thread

#9476 1 year ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

Want to open a fun sidebar on this thread

Fun not allowed in this thread...
OP doesn't like it ...
Although you have a great point

#9477 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

FWIW, I know 3 guys, not on pinside , who have recieved their LE games. So it's impossible to know how many are being shipped each week and in total.

This is not accurate.

Yes, if no one posts here regarding delivery over the course of a day or a week we cannot declare that no machines shipped over that interval.

However, unless people stop posting their LE arrivals to Pinside we will be able to plot the serial# and manufactured (or delivery) dates vs time and thus calculate the average production rate. Obviously the more data points we have the more accurate the projection. Maybe once we get another 6-10 notices or so I’ll make a plot myself and post it here.

(random plot below)
AC3EAD87-ABE2-4E01-AA90-6A83D466F956 (resized).pngAC3EAD87-ABE2-4E01-AA90-6A83D466F956 (resized).png

#9478 1 year ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

This game is effin rad. Love playing it. Curious to know if anyone has gameplay strategies to maximize points. Not generic stuff like complete the modes, take out Bionic Bart, etc... I have a WhiteWater and I love trying to hit 5x playfield then start whitewater multiball for 5x jackpot shots. Looking for that sort of thing. And no, I haven't checked FAQs yet. Want to open a fun sidebar on this thread

On the original code the big exploit was to get Showdown ready and then start Gold Mine MB and immediately bring in Showdown and you could potentially keep both running indefinitely. I believe this is not possible with the completed code.

Also, on the original code the bonus could be huge if you kept spamming the upper rollovers to boost the bonus multiplier. I’m not sure if this is still valid.

#9479 1 year ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

Start Bionic Bart and then kick off a gold mine multiball or showdown multiball bc making the ramp shots will just keep giving you millions for BB and also increase the jackpot for hitting Bart.

#9480 1 year ago

I agree with comments on fun factor of the topper game: it's a 5 or 6 out of 10...just a typical video mode.

The topper itself is fantastic. It is heavy & well constructed. The outlaws that pop up in the windows and the green/red lights show beautifully. Bart shoots and shakes. The scultps look great. Fantastic topper regarding form, function...and even some gameplay. It has to be in the discussion of best toppers of all time.

#9481 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

It has to be in the discussion of best toppers of all time.

Short list.

1) Whirlwind
2) Cactus Canyon Remake
3) Safe Cracker and High Speed

#9482 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Short list.
1) Whirlwind
2) Cactus Canyon Remake

Isn't the high speed topper just a police car light? Or is that The Getaway?

#9483 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup, if your distributor has chosen not to sell the backglasses you can get one from PPS.

I’ve updated the FAQ to note that.

In addition PPS is $20 less.

#9484 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Short list.
1) Whirlwind
2) Cactus Canyon Remake

Black Knight

#9485 1 year ago

BKSOR Topper is still my favorite, Mando's is pretty cool too but doesn't quite have the impact of the Black Knight!

#9486 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Short list.
1) Whirlwind
2) Cactus Canyon Remake

EHOH

#9487 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Isn't the high speed topper just a police car light?

Yes (and the Hot Action Pinball surround).

But I listed those because the siren light is so simple and perfectly theme appropriate.

Whirlwind has to be the best ever because of its’ simplicity and game integration. Like Cactus Canyon Remake it’s not an add-on or afterthought.

#9488 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Mando's is pretty cool too but doesn't quite have the impact of the Black Knight!

Yeah, but not $2K cool.

BKSOR and Munsters are Stern’s two best behind Batman 66 (which should have been included on the Premiums too) and EHOH looks good on the game.

#9489 1 year ago

LE 157 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

#9490 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

LE 157 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

Yay! Another data point! Please let us see the date of manufacturing when it arrives.

Thanks for sharing!

#9491 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Yay! Another data point! Please let us see the date of manufacturing when it arrives.
Thanks for sharing!

Will DO!

#9492 1 year ago

1/ WH20 topper, simple but super cool
2/ FT, annoying after a while, but pretty good
3/ F14 I think over HS11
4/ Cloud topper, lightening lit
5/ CV scrolls, not a topper as such, man but what a sweet touch & so fitting.
6/ the WW fan; maybe should be # 2 ?

#9493 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was typing my post before I saw his comment. Why didn’t you send me a PM instead of chiding me here? (somewhat rhetorical)

dude-stop-49870724 (resized).pngdude-stop-49870724 (resized).png
#9494 1 year ago

Question - are any current owners experiencing this? When the ball comes out of the mine and rolls over what looks to be an opto rollover my bad guy moves as if he was hit. I'm unsure if it's actually crediting a hit or its just creating movement of the bad guy for effect and is supposed to do that.

If it's not are there any suggestions as I looked under the playfield and didn't see any immediate reason for this happening.

Thanks!

#9495 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Question - are any current owners experiencing this? When the ball comes out of the mine and rolls over what looks to be an opto rollover my bad guy moves as if he was hit. I'm unsure if it's actually crediting a hit or its just creating movement of the bad guy for effect and is supposed to do that.
If it's not are there any suggestions as I looked under the playfield and didn't see any immediate reason for this happening.
Thanks!

Mine does this as well. I assumed it was intentional.

#9496 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Thanks!

When the ball is ejected out of the mine through the back... the bad guy triggers and a sound effect. Intentional

#9497 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When the ball is ejected out of the mine through the back... the bad guy triggers and a sound effect. Intentional

Great! thank you both as this was driving me crazy lol

#9498 1 year ago

I went to add this to the FAQ …. and it was already there!

(But I’ll add more context)

[There is a Game Play section in the first part of the FAQ. If you experience events during game play you aren’t sure about or have questions post and we can update that section]

#9499 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

BKSOR Topper is still my favorite, Mando's is pretty cool too but doesn't quite have the impact of the Black Knight!

Agreed, it's the best topper by far in my opinion, especially for the $400 I paid when it first came out. The Cactus Canyon topper is definitely in the top 5 best toppers up to this point in time but I couldn't see paying an extra $2,500 for it. I stuck with the SE and I'm very happy with it.

#9500 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I prefer the original. It’s clear the intent was to invite people in, to step up and drop in a quarter. The townspeople beckon you, the villains stand ready in the distance. The alt translight is well done and can understand why some prefer it. But to me it’s the opposite, too rough and scary. The vibe of the game isn’t really so gritty as that.

My feelings exactly. "Welcome to town pardner" feel to original.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Trade
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
There are 15,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/190?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.