(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 309.
#9101 1 year ago

Would one of you CCr owners be willing to scan the apron cards and send to me (I have an original CC owner who would like a set for his game)? If willing to help, please cc me and we can work out the details.

#9102 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I wonder if we're talking about different things. Here's a picture from MGC 2019. Look below the DMD. They all say Bally..every single AFM SE and LE. I think the classic edition is blank, but we're talking about that small screen below the DMD that's on SE'S and up. Hope that clears things up. Yeah I gotcha on the translite been consistent across the board.
[quoted image]

Quoted from LTG:

Possibly.
Both Bally logos in your picture are programmed on the LCD, not on the translite. The small Bally on the bottom you can change to other things. Directions in the manual.
LTG : )

Quoted from dog:

Yes my AFMr has it.
MBr and MMR do not, but they are both Williams remakes

Yeah I always wondered why scientific games allows CGC to have the original Bally name programmed still into the code on the LCD but they won't allow them to use the Williams name on MM or MB? Does scientific games no longer recognize the Williams name?

#9103 1 year ago

FAQ troubleshooting info updated (also couple in progress and more entries coming)
Modifications now organized by model to make them easier to find. (These sections are in the second post).

Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see in the FAQ.

#9104 1 year ago

Can someone with an SE+ please PM me a picture of your manufacturing info sticker (or post here)? Thanks!

#9105 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah I always wondered why scientific games allows CGC to have the original Bally name programmed still into the code on the LCD but they won't allow them to use the Williams name on MM or MB? Does scientific games no longer recognize the Williams name?

I would tend to think it’s due to the fact that Wms still exists and is still manufacturing amusement devices (slots).

#9106 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I would tend to think it’s due to the fact that Wms still exists and is still manufacturing amusement devices (slots).

I don't know, I just looked it up and Bally still makes slot machines as well.

#9107 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I don't know, I just looked it up and Bally still makes slot machines as well.

I did not know that!

#9108 1 year ago

really loud buzzing sound just came out of the machine while in attract mode! lasted ten seconds then stopped. Happened the other day too and I thought it came from toy story but was definitely from CCr today. Anyone or LTG any ideas where to look to address?

Edit: I have CCr next to AFM and TS4. After doing some digging I have found that original AFM on sound ROM 1.0 would make a horribly loud buzzing sound randomly (usually during attract mode like happened to me twice now). My AFM is on v1.0 of sound ROM but an updated version was made to 1.1 to correct this buzzing sound. About to try my hand at my first ROM replacement! This must be the culprit!

#9109 1 year ago

Can someone with an LE please post some pics of their side rails/lock down bar area? The flyer pics don’t really show the color well. Trying to finalize a color for my SE. I really like the LE look and will probably go something similar. Currently thinking about a dark grey sparkle. Thanks!

#9110 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Can someone with an LE please post some pics of their side rails/lock down bar area? The flyer pics don’t really show the color well. Trying to finalize a color for my SE. I really like the LE look and will probably go something similar. Currently thinking about a dark grey sparkle. Thanks!

Just FYI - the trim looks different in person and pics don’t seem to capture it well (so far). Also the finish is not a typical powder coat (more details in the FAQ) so if you want to try to duplicate the look via powder coating it might be more difficult than you think.

#9111 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just FYI - the trim looks different in person and pics don’t seem to capture it well (so far). Also the finish is not a typical powder coat (more details in the FAQ) so if you want to try to duplicate the look via powder coating it might be more difficult than you think.

I’ve read the FAQ about the color and comments from CGC. Not trying to replicate it exactly, just wanted to see more, better pics.

#9112 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The entire glass has a thin plastic covering that you need to peel off. It's stuck on there really well too so go slow when peeling it off!

THANK YOU! Yes. That’s exactly what it is.

What a relief. ☺️

#9113 1 year ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

THANK YOU! Yes. That’s exactly what it is.
What a relief. ☺️

Interesting! Only the backglasses have a protective film? Not translites, correct?

#9114 1 year ago

So, just to clarify did all CGC remakes have a thin protective film on their back glasses? I have a MMR & had never heard there might be a covering I would need to peel off?
Congrats to all owners receiving their CCs!

#9115 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can someone with an SE+ please PM me a picture of your manufacturing info sticker (or post here)? Thanks!

How many have you heard of going out? I’ve only seen mention of 1 here. I found out I’m in the second spot on my distributors list.

#9116 1 year ago

I just joined the club. I traded my Spooky Halloween CE to a distributor for a new in box Cactus Canyon SE. best trade deal ever!

#9117 1 year ago

After a week of ownership one of the drop targets is popping up and then immediately going back down. Reading the FAQ implies that the spring may be too tight but I wonder if that was the case wouldn't this have been happening immediately or is the result of the "loosening" up? Needless to say this ruins quick draw and gunfight mode. You always get the award.

#9118 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I just joined the club. I traded my Spooky Halloween CE to a distributor for a new in box Cactus Canyon SE. best trade deal ever!

Wow. Solid trade. I would do that with my UMCE.

#9119 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

So, just to clarify did all CGC remakes have a thin protective film on their back glasses? I have a MMR & had never heard there might be a covering I would need to peel off?

Backglasses don’t have protective film; translites usually do. Generally the film is removed for installation in a game and left on for parts stock.

#9120 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Wow! I’d call that a great trade. Congrats and welcome!

#9121 1 year ago
Quoted from Burgertime79:

How many have you heard of going out? I’ve only seen mention of 1 here. I found out I’m in the second spot on my distributors list.

I’m aware of 4 as of Friday and have third hand info that at least one distributor got a batch of 10.

#9122 1 year ago

Fingers crossed CGC increases LE production 30% this week....10 LE's would be a new record

#9123 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

10 LE's would be a new record

For what? There has already been at least two batches of 10 or more and batches don’t just ship one at a time. Hopefully we are past the early days of 4 game batches. Or are you just busting chops?

I would like to see more new owners post pics of their games here - love seeing them!

#9124 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

For what? There has already been at least two batches of 10 or more and batches don’t just ship one at a time. Hopefully we are past the early days of 4 game batches. Or are you just busting chops?
I would like to see more new owners post pics of their games here - love seeing them!

No I'm pretty sure what he means is " I hope CGC will tell us what kind production numbers we might see in the next few months"

JFH responds "we have seen a whole handful of games over the last month. My sources say we might see another handful this month if everyone stops complaining.I think we are on a good trajectory. Stop being so negative or asking questions"

Squirrel!!!

#9125 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m aware of 4 as of Friday and have third hand info that at least one distributor got a batch of 10.

Interesting. When I picked up my game my dealer got a shipment of 6 games. 4 LE's and 2 SE's. I know have has several SE+ on order.

#9126 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

For what? There has already been at least two batches of 10 or more and batches don’t just ship one at a time. Hopefully we are

I think CGC is pumping out about 7 LE's/week ... all I'm saying is I hope they increase their production rate...Ryan can only build so many in his garage

#9127 1 year ago

Has anyone had an issue where the pop bumpers register hits when pressing the flipper? Seems random anymore but still does it at least once a game. Used to be a lot more. SE version.

#9128 1 year ago
Quoted from TahoeTony:

Has anyone had an issue where the pop bumpers register hits when pressing the flipper? Seems random anymore but still does it at least once a game. Used to be a lot more. SE version.

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield for the pop bumper that vibration fires.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. Clean the leaf blade contacts, a piece of paper between them and gently hold closed and pull the paper out. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

Clean the leaf blade contacts, a piece of paper between them and gently hold closed and pull the paper out.

#9129 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield for the pop bumper that vibration fires.
Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. Clean the leaf blade contacts, a piece of paper between them and gently hold closed and pull the paper out. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.
Clean the leaf blade contacts, a piece of paper between them and gently hold closed and pull the paper out.

Thank you!

#9130 1 year ago

FYI - Lloyd’s advice on pops and slings can also be found in the FAQ under physical adjustments

#9131 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Backglasses don’t have protective film; translites usually do. Generally the film is removed for installation in a game and left on for parts stock.

Normally correct - but my CC mirror glass had a protective film on it. First one I have seen on a backglass.

The Flyland acrylics also have a film on them.

#9132 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Normally correct - but my CC mirror glass had a protective film on it. First one I have seen on a backglass.
The Flyland acrylics also have a film on them.

Interesting. Haven’t opened my backglass yet. Will have to look. Thanks.

I knew about the Flyland acrylics but consider them more translites than backglasses.

#9133 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

After a week of ownership one of the drop targets is popping up and then immediately going back down. Reading the FAQ implies that the spring may be too tight but I wonder if that was the case wouldn't this have been happening immediately or is the result of the "loosening" up? Needless to say this ruins quick draw and gunfight mode. You always get the award.

So I stretched the spring a bit as stated in the FAQ. Problem resolved. I must say the design of the drop target mech really allows great access to the spring. I love that the spring loop just goes over the tab in the bracket. Painless.

#9134 1 year ago

I received my Mirrored backglass from PPS. Sara was a great help in getting our order setup. WOW is all I can say. It's so nice. Hard to catch on camera on how good it looks installed. Well worth the $305 delivered. Highly recommend.

20230116_144416 (resized).jpg20230116_144416 (resized).jpg
#9135 1 year ago

Cactus Canyon # 112 has arrived safe and sound via Fedex.

IMG_2659 (resized).jpgIMG_2659 (resized).jpg
#9136 1 year ago
Quoted from yankeeinindiana:

Cactus Canyon # 112 has arrived safe and sound via Fedex.
[quoted image]

Is this in UT or IN? That is the question Congrats!

#9137 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Is this in UT or IN? That is the question Congrats!

Utah

#9138 1 year ago
Quoted from yankeeinindiana:

Cactus Canyon # 112

Congratulations... on getting your LE...
I can just picture #jfh already ..

IMG_20230116_153252.gifIMG_20230116_153252.gif
#9139 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Congratulations... on getting your LE...
I can just picture #jfh already ..
[quoted image]

Only 1100+ to go

#9140 1 year ago

Ready to spice it up! Definitely full! It looks like poor Bandalero got whitewashed out..lol! I'm hoping Babe bart gets a role in the new code!

20230116_171152 (resized).jpg20230116_171152 (resized).jpg

#9141 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Ready to spice it up! Definitely full! It looks like poor Bandalero got whitewashed out..lol! I'm hoping Babe bart gets a role in the new code!
[quoted image]

I went with the same art package. It looks great!

#9142 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thank you sir, appreciate that.

#9143 1 year ago

Where can I find a topper at? I just joined the club but don't have a topper.

#9144 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

You have to buy a machine with the topper or order a third party topper. At this time, they are only available with the SE+ and the LE. CGC has mentioned that there are zero plans to make these on the side. They also will not work with a regular SE model. That’s the word at least.

#9145 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

From the FAQ:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9146 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

From the FAQ:[quoted image]

Alright thanks guys! Seems dumb that they won't sell it separately.

#9147 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Welcome to the club! What do you think of CCr?
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#9148 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright thanks guys! Seems dumb that they won't sell it separately.

It’s not dumb it’s why an LE is a Limited Edition and cost more. The SE+ for the LE price was introduced to placate some of the belly aching.

#9149 1 year ago

Those with an LE, this alternative color LE edition plate is available in my store. Thanks.

9D852AEA-D750-480E-A590-CDEBFB013D77 (resized).png9D852AEA-D750-480E-A590-CDEBFB013D77 (resized).png
#9150 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Welcome to the club!

During a break from enjoying your new game, read the FAQ (the first two posts in the thread) and then post any other questions you have about the game or experiences here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/183?hl=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.