(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,435 posts
  • 757 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Jagrmaister
  • Topic is favorited by 385 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,435 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 309.
#8651 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I got my order in from Marco and switched this spring out on the left-of-center drop target. I could really feel the difference in the spring, but it unfortunately did not solve the issue for me. Four direct hits that didn't trigger that drop target.
I also took the drop target assembly apart, inspected it, and shaved off a small burr attached to the catch part of the target and reassembled. No change.
I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Hey, I have the similar problem to yours, though I haven't tinkered at all with it yet. I notice that it's intermittent, and I actually recently had it happen on the far left target. I'm wondering if the targets don't slightly bend from hard hits, and then a hit from behind straightens them out? Though it doesn't happen with all of them so maybe not.

#8652 1 year ago

Removed battery and it was definitely cruddy with residue on both sides of battery (It’s a Panasonic CR2032). Replaced it with Duracell CR2032 brand new and clean. Holds time but it freezes it where you turn off game. I turned it off at 1219 eastern and waited about 10 minutes. Turned it back on and it still says 12:19 and starts keeping time from there. My guess would be not many set the date and time and use the “show date and time” adjustment. At least it is keeping the date and time you shut the game off at now. LOL. I turned off “Show Date and Time” because game does not keep proper time if you turn off even with new battery. Not a huge issue I guess. Just used to turn this feature on with all my WPC games back in the old days. Thanks for the tip on the battery. Definitely was yucky/sticky with adhesive on it.

Quoted from pugface:

Check your battery - CR2032 coin cell on controller board. Search this thread - weren't there some games that had some adhesive residue on the battery preventing it from making good contact? I think wiping the battery down and reinstalling it fixed that.
I think the high scores and adjustments, etc. are stored on flash RAM, so battery has no effect on them.
pf

#8653 1 year ago

I’ve updated the battery FAQ entry to add the comment on the time not starting until boot completes. Will add the actual adjustment after I look it up.

Is the time still correct between power off and the next power on?

#8654 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Quoted from Pinbalz:

I turned it off at 1219 eastern and waited about 10 minutes. Turned it back on and it still says 12:19 and starts keeping time from there.

#8655 1 year ago

Is this the correct forum to watch when others receive their Motherload (Cactus Canyon Remake SE+ and LE)? I have not seen any new people mention their games arrived. Just checking. Has there been any more details on the piece that needed to be corrected in December? I remember reading production was ramping up after Christmas, but not sure if that was a reality or someone's hope. It has been interesting following some of the technical issues. Very helpful to learn about issues others are having. Thanks everyone for sharing, I truly appreciate it.

#8656 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

How in the name of the lord are you playing with flippers at -3 ?! My flippers were sub par at best with stock settings.

Poorly? Or the pitch is at 2 degrees?

#8657 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Poorly? Or the pitch is at 2 degrees?

I already explained it. Pitch is set at 6.5 degrees. Plays great but thanks for assuming.

#8658 1 year ago
Quoted from mycarlooksfast:

I already explained it. Pitch is set at 6.5 degrees. Plays great but thanks for assuming.

Lol...just having fun with silly questions!

#8659 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Is this the correct forum to watch when others receive their Motherload (Cactus Canyon Remake SE+ and LE)? I have not seen any new people mention their games

Yes. As I posted the other day, My LE left CGC on Tuesday. Should arrive at my dealers shop tomorrow.

#8660 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Is this the correct forum to watch when others receive their Motherload (Cactus Canyon Remake SE+ and LE)? I have not seen any new people mention their games arrived. Just checking. Has there been any more details on the piece that needed to be corrected in December? I remember reading production was ramping up after Christmas, but not sure if that was a reality or someone's hope. It has been interesting following some of the technical issues. Very helpful to learn about issues others are having. Thanks everyone for sharing, I truly appreciate it.

I agree let’s goooooooo cgc let’s see the games

#8661 1 year ago

I searched both FAQs, but did not see the exact issue/update.

1. Here is how my beer mug target is set up underneath with o-ring and washer. That said, the rod does not move very freely up and down and often gets stuck 1/3 to 1/2 way up.

2. Ball got stuck on right side of Bart. Should there be a bumper pad or similar?

A6E242B7-27B9-456C-90DD-D4182D3AF2B7 (resized).jpegA6E242B7-27B9-456C-90DD-D4182D3AF2B7 (resized).jpeg
846791AE-E687-4A95-B22B-5FE361A9C22B (resized).jpeg846791AE-E687-4A95-B22B-5FE361A9C22B (resized).jpeg

#8662 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

No kidding. I’m gonna see my Scooby CE before my CCr SE+.

#8663 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

2. Ball got stuck on right side of Bart. Should there be a bumper pad or similar?

No. Bend the flap down a tiny bit like my red line so the ball doesn't get behnid it.

LTG : )

d9faa0ca48bb37beb23af00fc1dbc0ade38de772 (resized).jpgd9faa0ca48bb37beb23af00fc1dbc0ade38de772 (resized).jpg
#8664 1 year ago

1. Here is how my beer mug target is set up underneath with o-ring and washer. That said, the rod does not move very freely up and down and often gets stuck 1/3 to 1/2 way up.

In your picture you can see it's binding on the hole in the playfield it goes up and down in. Loosen stuff on top a little and see if you can move it into a better position.

#8665 1 year ago

I searched both FAQs, but did not see the exact issue/update.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I had the same issue with the beer mug stem. My fix was on the top of the playfield. The connecting metal piece overlapped the hole just slightly. Loosened, moved it off the hole, retightened. Works good again! I don't have pics but it should make sense looking at it if that's your issue.

#8666 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

In your picture you can see it's binding on the hole in the playfield it goes up and down in. Loosen stuff on top a little and see if you can move it into a better position.

Thanks for both tips!

#8667 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Is this the correct forum to watch when others receive their Motherload (Cactus Canyon Remake SE+ and LE)?

Yes. I’ve heard from a number of folks that there games are on the way but are/were delayed by the shipper because of weather issues. There are also some who have recently received games but don’t want to post here.

Quoted from Golgotha:

Has there been any more details on the piece that needed to be corrected in December?

No.

Quoted from Golgotha:

I remember reading production was ramping up after Christmas

True.

Quoted from Golgotha:

Very helpful to learn about issues others are having

That’s one of the primary reasons for this owner’s club. And we should see more of that as more get their games. If we can reasonably extrapolate from the poll, only about a 1/3 of the games have been delivered so far so it will still be some time before everyone who ordered a game has it.

In the meantime, welcome. Check out the FAQ in the first two posts. Updates/additions there a few times a week.

#8668 1 year ago

I am not sure if this is supposed to be a secret or anything but a friend of mine has an SE+ on order and it would appear that it may have arrived at the distributor.

#8669 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I am not sure if this is supposed to be a secret or anything but a friend of mine has an SE+ on order and it would appear that it may have arrived at the distributor.

Not a secret. Some SE+ games have been delivered/are shipping.

#8670 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

What distributor, please?

#8671 1 year ago

Maybe LTG can help as well. The time is not correct when turn game back on. It is either the time I shut the game off at or maybe a little bit or a lot slower than when I turned game off. When I just turned game on it said it was 12:19 pm when it is actually 5:35pm. I set the time under utilities and set time and date to proper time. Which was 5:35pm at that point. Exited to game and the attract mode shows correct date and time of 5:36pm at that point. Shut game off. Wait 10 minutes. Power game on and time shows as 5:34pm…so it froze in time and actually lost two minutes during shutdown. Attached pictures. The adjustment to show time and date is standard adjustment A1.24. Factory is No. Mine is Yes. I have already removed battery and replaced with fresh cr2032. Anyone else having time issues or just I?

Quoted from jfh:

I’ve updated the battery FAQ entry to add the comment on the time not starting until boot completes. Will add the actual adjustment after I look it up.

Quoted from jfh:

548987AE-D359-49FE-84DB-416F31CACA2F (resized).jpeg548987AE-D359-49FE-84DB-416F31CACA2F (resized).jpeg0771A5B5-5E29-4383-95A7-92EE1E8393D2 (resized).jpeg0771A5B5-5E29-4383-95A7-92EE1E8393D2 (resized).jpeg5E6C3C0E-65B4-4720-A2D0-D616680D7513 (resized).jpeg5E6C3C0E-65B4-4720-A2D0-D616680D7513 (resized).jpeg7B08447C-DC58-4A6C-A684-25845351D4FF (resized).jpeg7B08447C-DC58-4A6C-A684-25845351D4FF (resized).jpegA7F81AE5-41A5-44EE-8EF6-97BC6D74ACC1 (resized).jpegA7F81AE5-41A5-44EE-8EF6-97BC6D74ACC1 (resized).jpegB5BFE32D-32B1-44DB-8FA0-12E7BE024D54 (resized).jpegB5BFE32D-32B1-44DB-8FA0-12E7BE024D54 (resized).jpeg
#8672 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbalz:

Maybe LTG can help

I'd clean the battery holder and try a new battery.

#8673 1 year ago

I am curious, being fortunate enough to live near Cactus Canyon in Arizona, does the time configuration have a setting for no daylight savings adjustments?

#8674 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd clean the battery holder and try a new battery.

Will give that a shot. It’s getting ready to move downstairs this weekend from its temporary box opening Christmas location. Will give it a cleaning, go up and get another brand new cr2032 and see what happens. Thank you! Solid game otherwise! Family is loving it. Glad we purchased it.

E75B5AE2-CAEA-4D34-BC5D-42588F92743A (resized).jpegE75B5AE2-CAEA-4D34-BC5D-42588F92743A (resized).jpeg
#8675 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbalz:

It’s getting ready to move downstairs this weekend from its temporary box opening Christmas location.

Did Santa wrap the box?

#8676 1 year ago

Shout out to Ryan at CGC. Called him and he helped resolve my side rail issue.

#8677 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

What distributor, please?

It’s a secret. Shhhh

#8678 1 year ago

Nice! I have spoke with Ryan on the phone. Super nice guy! Glad you got it sorted out!

Richard

#8679 1 year ago

I just received email confirmation my mirror backglass has "left the building" and is scheduled to arrive near Cactus Canyon on Saturday. YES!

#8680 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I just received email confirmation my mirror backglass has "left the building" and is scheduled to arrive near Cactus Canyon on Saturday. YES!

Nice!

#8681 1 year ago

Wow I could never reach, glad he got you squared away.

#8682 1 year ago

Received my LE today shipped FedEx Freight. The topper and box crushed the box beneath it but everything inside was in good shape. FedEx guy was great, he recommended we open the box to ensure no damage and he helped me open it up and check it. He also took the pallet away afterwards.

Game is beautiful. Played about 10-15 games tonight. I don’t find the game to be easy at all. Best score so far was about 50M but most were in the 10M-15M range.

I have all 4 remakes and this one has the worst flipper feel of all of them. Not sure what it is, but it doesn’t feel right….very weak on both flippers. I turned them up +3 but still don’t feel right. Curious if this is an issue only with my game or is everyone experiencing this? The other 3 remakes feel much better.

Hopefully I can figure out what is causing the issue and get it resolved.

318F51CC-2355-440F-B06F-1FC4463E127F (resized).jpeg318F51CC-2355-440F-B06F-1FC4463E127F (resized).jpeg
#8683 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

Received my LE today shipped FedEx Freight. The topper and box crushed the box beneath it but everything inside was in good shape. FedEx guy was great, he recommended we open the box to ensure no damage and he helped me open it up and check it. He also took the pallet away afterwards.
Game is beautiful. Played about 10-15 games tonight. I don’t find the game to be easy at all. Best score so far was about 50M but most were in the 10M-15M range.
I have all 4 remakes and this one has the worst flipper feel of all of them. Not sure what it is, but it doesn’t feel right….very weak on both flippers. I turned them up +3 but still don’t feel right. Curious if this is an issue only with my game or is everyone experiencing this? The other 3 remakes feel much better.
Hopefully I can figure out what is causing the issue and get it resolved.[quoted image]

Quoted from eharan:

Hopefully I can figure out what is causing the issue and get it resolved.[quoted image]

The flipper feel on CCr actually has been reviewed as having the most original Bally/Williams flipper feel out of the other three remakes. I personally agree as I'm an owner of an SE. If you are used to the other machines flipper action then I could see why you would be concerned. I'm sure you will get the help on here to figure it all out!

#8684 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

The flipper feel on CCr actually has been reviewed as having the most original Bally/Williams flipper feel out of the other three remakes. I personally agree as I'm an owner of an SE. If you are used to the other machines flipper action then I could see why you would be concerned. I'm sure you will get the help on here to figure it all out!

#8685 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

Agree about the default difficulty. I find this game way harder than MB.

#8686 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Wow I could never reach, glad he got you squared away.

Did you call the number that CGC provides for him?

#8687 1 year ago

Got an LE spot if anyone is interested. Bpught a Scooby Doo spot instead. Both awesome machines (we’ll see). Not making a dime on the spot.

#8688 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Got an LE spot if anyone is interested. Bpught a Scooby Doo spot instead. Both awesome machines (we’ll see). Not making a dime on the spot.

sent you a pm

#8689 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

Your flipper feel issue sounds strange. We thought CC had the best flipper feel of all the remakes so far when we played it. My wife said she thought it felt like a 1990’s Bally Williams machine when they were originally released and I agreed.

#8690 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

An LE for MSRP? Where was this two weeks ago?

#8691 1 year ago

I don't think that's what he's saying. He already paid a flipper for the spot now wants his loss back

#8692 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I don't think that's what he's saying. He already paid a flipper for the spot now wants his loss back

Ahh, missed that part. I read "not making a dime on the spot" and figured that meant MSRP.

#8693 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:The flipper feel on CCr actually has been reviewed as having the most original Bally/Williams flipper feel out of the other three remakes. I personally agree as I'm an owner of an SE. If you are used to the other machines flipper action then I could see why you would be concerned. I'm sure you will get the help on here to figure it all out!

Personally, I don't notice a difference between the flippers on my MBr vs CCr. Guess I'm out of touch.

#8694 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

While you may (Hopefully not) have an issue with your particular game, I wanted to point out that the original MM, AFM, and MB used the WMS blue flipper coil, which is stronger. CC used the normal red coil. So, the CC flippers should feel a little different by the original designer's intent
pf

#8695 1 year ago

Ahh, missed that part. I read "not making a dime on the spot" and figured that meant MSRP.

Don't feel bad my eyes got real wide for a second as well. I'm sure everyone that flooded his inbox are getting the "fine print" reply. Not sure what the intent on that was..

#8696 1 year ago

I am really looking foward to playing the remake of Cactus Canyon. My favourite pinball parlour will be getting in early this year.

#8697 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

I must say that I think my CCr has felt the most authentic of all the remakes for flipper feel.

I equated the first MMr's I played to having the same "plucking a spring" resonating feel as does when you pop open an old screen door. Additionally, I thought the AFMr flippers had no travel whatsoever. On the 3 I played, I couldn't even backhand the scoop from the right flipper. Meanwhile the OG AFM's I play you can backhand ramps. Really messes up how I approach the 3-bank in the middle on the remake.

For CCr, they feel like true WMS flippers in terms of power, travel, and lack of "lag". I played a TOM, AFM, and CV the other day and then played CCr that night and CCr never had the "something is off here" feeling I've had with the previous remakes. YMMV.

#8698 1 year ago
Quoted from Jase1979:

I am really looking foward to playing the remake of Cactus Canyon. My favourite pinball parlour will be getting in early this year.

Take a minute to read the rule set. I couldn't figure out how to get the modes completed in the Sheriff Badge on the center of the playfield. The most I've completed so far in a game is only 2 or 3 of the modes and Deputy rank. Still need to get Bart Bros. and Stampede. Keeping those outlanes set to difficult for now and difficulty set to default. I'm about 30 games in. I compare this to MB and I can collect all Monsters about 1 in 3 games, sometimes twice a game. I'm guessing that has to do with my MB settings and more forgiving outlane settings.

#8699 1 year ago

It's more, I'm saying I'M NOT MAKING A DIME ON IT'..1500 more (total), with shipping, than MSRP..I have responded to PM's..Just trying to help someone land this machine, and clear me up on exactly what I'm into it.

#8700 1 year ago

I did this complimentary edition plate for a fellow Pinsider. The size was 0.5 x 1.5 inches. Can someone please confirm the actual size for the plate insert? Length seems ok, was thinking 7/16 inch for width might be perfect. Thanks for the help!

A60CD03A-079F-4B9A-9C45-80707BE9A573 (resized).jpegA60CD03A-079F-4B9A-9C45-80707BE9A573 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
6,800 (Firm)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,435 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/174 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.