(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,346 posts
  • 751 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 382 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 331 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(651 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg
362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg
C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
73000513275__A193B793-F018-40EE-B46C-ACC07564508F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
8C87C09E-DDC1-4C00-904E-4189F6921213 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 307.
#8401 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

I agree with serviceable comments. How about CGC games being serviced? They have big beagle board and surface mounted chips correct. Explain if theirs an advantage thanks. My big worry with new games

I’m worried about all modern games which is one of the reasons I wasn’t a fan of the remakes in the beginning. When I looked into parts for AFMr, the playfield PCB was $250, about the same as one Stern node board. And I could actually get the part. +1 for CGC. I’m still waiting on a two year old Stern parts order.

Surface mount stuff can be repaired; most of us don’t have the equipment or skill though. We were all sold a bill of goods with Spike/Spike 2 - remember the promise of easy, inexpensive field replaceable node boards? I have two modern Stern games and I’m most worried about them not being repairable, mostly because Stern doesn’t seem to have any interest in stocking parts. I also figure/hope/pray someone will be able to fix them in the future.

We’re getting off track here but I suspect I’m more likely to be able to repair a CGC game down the road than a Stern. And I’m really hoping that being in a low play home environment is going to mean my games have better odds of not failing in the first place.

#8402 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m worried about all modern games which is one of the reasons I wasn’t a fan of the remakes in the beginning. When I looked into parts for AFMr, the playfield PCB was $250, about the same as one Stern node board. And I could actually get the part. +1 for CGC. I’m still waiting on a two year old Stern parts order.
Surface mount stuff can be repaired; most of us don’t have the equipment or skill though. We were all sold a bill of goods with Spike/Spike 2 - remember the promise of easy, inexpensive field replaceable node boards? I have two modern Stern games and I’m most worried about them not being repairable, mostly because Stern doesn’t seem to have any interest in stocking parts. I also figure/hope/pray someone will be able to fix them in the future.
We’re getting off track here but I suspect I’m more likely to be able to repair a CGC game down the road than a Stern. And I’m really hoping that being in a low play home environment is going to mean my games have better odds of not failing in the first place.

Again I agree. The older Bally Williams were made to be serviced and each board was seperate and could be worked on and repaired. These intergrated new systems that do multiple things but a bad bulb can take out a game scare me as well. I’ve held back and stern SAM system was as new as I’ve gone. This is my first cgc game but I’ve heard all good things so I’m hopeful.

#8403 1 year ago

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Enjoy the season with family and friends and look forward to the joy of playing Cactus Canyon in the new year!

#8404 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
Enjoy the season with family and friends and look forward to the joy of playing Cactus Canyon in the new year!

Merry Christmas to you too jfh, keep up the good work on this thread, I appreciate the time and patience it takes.

#8405 1 year ago

On repair I myself will just order the boards and main playfield board. If pricing sticks near what it was on Attack remake it should be about $800 to have a spare for everything. Peace of mind for a long time.

#8406 1 year ago

Game is set up! I have an SE and the first thing I noticed are the serrated edge side rails. They feel like a bread knife in multiple spots on both rails (near edge of glass). My only other CGC is an MBrLE with the powder coated buttery-smooth rails. Super annoying as one spot is near where my thumb sometimes rest when playing.

How are people fixing this?

2943622E-2F31-4360-AE5E-9ED0EB3FCA7D (resized).jpeg2943622E-2F31-4360-AE5E-9ED0EB3FCA7D (resized).jpeg901BDBDF-EBBD-4993-921A-8B96C496D86B (resized).jpeg901BDBDF-EBBD-4993-921A-8B96C496D86B (resized).jpeg

#8407 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Game is set up! I have an SE and the first thing I noticed are the serrated edge side rails. They feel like a bread knife in multiple spots on both rails (near edge of glass). My only other CGC is an MBrLE with the powder coated buttery-smooth rails. Super annoying as one spot is near where my thumb sometimes rest when playing.
How are people fixing this?

Does this help? (From the FAQ):

The side rail channel edges may be quite sharp next to the glass if the rails were not deburred. This could result in your hands being cut while removing/installing the playfield glass.

Carefully remove the glass and inspect the rails. If necessary take a fine model hobby sanding stick on the edge at an angle to remove the burr. Do the same at edges at the cabinet sides carefully by running parallel with the stick slightly tipped. Each area may require a couple of passes.

(The FAQ entry has a link to a sanding stick. Look under check playfield glass channel)

#8409 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:Deleted post

I even looked through the FAQ before posting. I missed this. Mine were definitely not de-burred. Thanks!

#8410 1 year ago

I even looked through the FAQ before posting. I missed this. Mine were definitely not de-burred. Thanks!

Sorry about that. I should probably move it from “My game is here” to “Issues to look for” (and use one of your pics)

Edit: Now in both places

#8411 1 year ago

What is your game’s build date?

#8412 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What is your game’s build date?

Thanks!

Sept 2022 build date. A few other things I noticed:

Plenty of space between legs and cabinet (leg does not touch decals).

At least one drop target top is at an angle and changes the ball direction. See top right is higher, you can see part of the decal graphic.
CBEB54AB-1794-4B6F-A6AA-B4C51B71E92D (resized).jpegCBEB54AB-1794-4B6F-A6AA-B4C51B71E92D (resized).jpeg

#8413 1 year ago

At least one drop target top is at an angle and changes the ball direction. See top right is higher, you can see part of the decal graphic.

Bottom of the assembly under the playfield, adjust the screw so the target is level with the playfield.

LTG : )

#8414 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bottom of the assembly under the playfield, adjust the screw so the target is level with the playfield.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd!

#8415 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does this help? (From the FAQ):
The side rail channel edges may be quite sharp next to the glass if the rails were not deburred. This could result in your hands being cut while removing/installing the playfield glass.
Carefully remove the glass and inspect the rails. If necessary take a fine model hobby sanding stick on the edge at an angle to remove the burr. Do the same at edges at the cabinet sides carefully by running parallel with the stick slightly tipped. Each area may require a couple of passes.
(The FAQ entry has a link to a sanding stick. Look under check playfield glass channel)

The file is out of stock on referenced site. Is the file basically a fingernail file with foam core? If so, I’ll just find something similar. Thanks!

#8416 1 year ago

The file is out of stock on referenced site. Is the file basically a fingernail file with foam core? If so, I’ll just find something similar. Thanks!

Yes, as long as it’s suitable for metal. Search fine sanding stick on Amazon

#8417 1 year ago

One of my two wing-head backbox bolts broke in two. Didn’t feel I was using excessive torque. Been doing this for 25+ years and never broke one. Appears to be two pieces welded together? Anyone else experience this? I though these were a one piece design…but maybe those are from PBL.

0A1A1ADE-BF6C-42AA-AC4E-5D5030819AEE (resized).jpeg0A1A1ADE-BF6C-42AA-AC4E-5D5030819AEE (resized).jpeg18E3A09A-915E-4839-ADEE-854ACC67A68F (resized).jpeg18E3A09A-915E-4839-ADEE-854ACC67A68F (resized).jpeg
#8418 1 year ago

One of my two wing-head backbox bolts broke in two. Didn’t feel I was using excessive torque. Been doing this for 25+ years and never broke one. Appears to be two pieces welded together? Anyone else experience this? I though these were a one piece design…but maybe those are from PBL.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good ol' "made in china" quality

#8419 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Good ol' "made in china" quality

Good time to replace em both

#8420 1 year ago

The Gottlieb ones are lower width and are solid "one piece".

These new 2 piece ones break pretty easy, its been mentioned before on other threads.

#8421 1 year ago

PM me your address, I’ll send you two new wingnuts I picked up from TPF and don’t need.

#8422 1 year ago

I just ordered the Flyland alternate translite. They'll be shipping in early January if anyone is thinking about ordering one.
Screenshot_20221226_230150_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221226_230150_Chrome (resized).jpg

#8423 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I just ordered the Flyland alternate translite. They'll be shipping in early January if anyone is thinking about ordering one.
[quoted image]

Ordered his art blades. Love Brian’s work.

#8424 1 year ago

Ordered his art blades. Love Brian’s work.

I have his art blades coming from Cointaker.

#8425 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

PM me your address, I’ll send you two new wingnuts I picked up from TPF and don’t need.

Wow, thank you so much!! Too kind.

#8426 1 year ago

Any updates or anyone else receives a game please post

#8427 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Any updates or anyone else receives a game please post

My Buddies LE Shipped Friday
Headed to NY

distributor from Ohio

Got caught up some with that storm in Western NY

Should have it by Friday

#8428 1 year ago

Anyone get their L.E from Automated yet? I have one on order not hearing anything yet.

#8429 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

My Buddies LE Shipped Friday
Headed to NY
distributor from Ohio
Got caught up some with that storm in Western NY
Should have it by Friday

Ok good to know thanks! Mine hopefully is coming out of Wisconsin king pin to NY haven’t heard anything yet

#8430 1 year ago

anyone get notice from JJ at Game exchange colorado?

#8431 1 year ago

Anyone getting a game from King Pin games WI?

#8432 1 year ago

Just got my notice from FlipNOut pinball mine should be shipping tomorrow I was in early and bought MBRLE from them as well. Zach has had great communication throughout the entire process great to deal with.

#8433 1 year ago

Super impressed with the WizardMod speaker panel magnet and coin door decal! Very high quality material which perfectly matches the cabinet art package. The speaker panel magnet really is beautiful in person and a must have. Requires removal of the speaker plates for installation but it wasn’t difficult, 15 minute job.

0262DF11-8C65-430A-AD19-AD30E2F5803C (resized).jpeg0262DF11-8C65-430A-AD19-AD30E2F5803C (resized).jpeg03A0D29A-72D4-4DA5-9A88-9661A7E7431E (resized).jpeg03A0D29A-72D4-4DA5-9A88-9661A7E7431E (resized).jpegD75705A6-FA2A-44AB-A6C9-35BC86EE5FF7 (resized).jpegD75705A6-FA2A-44AB-A6C9-35BC86EE5FF7 (resized).jpegFAA1E160-8B72-4468-9417-CD5B4338C4AC (resized).jpegFAA1E160-8B72-4468-9417-CD5B4338C4AC (resized).jpeg
#8434 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Just got my notice from FlipNOut pinball mine should be shipping tomorrow I was in early and bought MBRLE from them as well. Zach has had great communication throughout the entire process great to deal with.

So glad to hear that folks will be receiving their LEs soon!

#8435 1 year ago

I am waiting on a SE +, any word on when the starving people of Canada might receive their goods?

I had seen somewhere they were talking around February, but I won't get too excited too soon. Been a long wait but I'm still onboard.

#8436 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I am waiting on a SE +, any word on when the starving people of Canada might receive their goods?
I had seen somewhere they were talking around February, but I won't get too excited too soon. Been a long wait but I'm still onboard.

No word on when Canadian or overseas games will be released.

#8437 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Super impressed with the WizardMod speaker panel magnet and coin door decal! Very high quality material which perfectly matches the cabinet art package. The speaker panel magnet really is beautiful in person and a must have. Requires removal of the speaker plates for installation but it wasn’t difficult, 15 minute job.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine are here waiting, stuck to the freezer in the garage. Still have not got any arrival update on game tho,,,

#8438 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Super impressed with the WizardMod speaker panel magnet and coin door decal! Very high quality material which perfectly matches the cabinet art package. The speaker panel magnet really is beautiful in person and a must have.

The panel art is very nice. Hadn’t seen the coin door options (US and International) before.

Updated the FAQ with the new store link.

#8439 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. I like the fact they have the two versions available (1 and 2 coin slot options)

#8440 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Wow, looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. I like the fact they have the two versions available (1 and 2 coin slot options)

yeah they are based in Europe so definitely catering to a global market!

#8441 1 year ago

Is their a clickable link to coin door and panel magnet art? I couldn’t find in faq and clicked on wizard mods no luck thanks

#8442 1 year ago

https://www.wizardmod.com/

And free shipping. Better than the guy on eBay selling the same plus shipping. That said, may be the same guy

#8443 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone get their L.E from Automated yet? I have one on order not hearing anything yet.

I am automated also and have not either

#8444 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

https://www.wizardmod.com/
And free shipping. Better than the guy on eBay selling the same plus shipping. That said, may be the same guy

Thank you

#8445 1 year ago

Thanks!
Sept 2022 build date. A few other things I noticed:
Plenty of space between legs and cabinet (leg does not touch decals).
[quoted image]

My drop target is pretty much the same but I hadn't noticed it affecting balls (probably was though). What I was having issues with is this same target (second from left) doesn't trigger with direct impact all the time. When I hit it twice, dead on with full impact, on a gunfight and it didn't fall I decided to have a look. What I discovered was the spring on this target feels like there is some resistance when loading and unloading. The other 3 bad guy drop targets do not feel like this, they are quite snappy.

After fiddling with it for a few minutes and deciding to try adjusting target heights, I discovered an LED board on the floor of the machine. I found the spot it came from and replaced it, checking the screws on the other 3 of the same type. All the screws were loose. I'm guessing there was supposed to be blue locktite on these screws? Any reason I shouldn't add some?

And is there anything I could try to do with the left-of-center drop target?

IMG_1338 (resized).JPGIMG_1338 (resized).JPGIMG_1340 (resized).JPGIMG_1340 (resized).JPG
#8446 1 year ago

Where is the switch that triggers the bank robbery lane (pink inserts on the right)? I’m getting a robbery etc when the ball isn’t anywhere near there. Thought I’d take a look, but I can’t find a switch.

#8447 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Is their a clickable link to coin door and panel magnet art? I couldn’t find in faq and clicked on wizard mods no luck

FAQ Modifications (post 2);

Coin door and display panel art
Link to CC page is first (and only) link in the answer

#8448 1 year ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

anyone get notice from JJ at Game exchange colorado?

Haven’t heard any updates from Game Exchange, and don’t believe they have received or shipped any LE’s yet. Hopefully soon…

#8449 1 year ago

Part 2 of FAQ revised and reorganized with new sections:

Problems during game play
Physical Adjustments
Cabinet Issues

Let me know if you have items to add.

Also part 1 now includes comments from Doug Duba from December last year on on LEs, the decision to make the topper available on the SE+ and communication.

For those waiting for games or wondering why some are getting theirs first when you ordered on day 1 please read the I’m moving to Cactus Canyon! section if you haven’t previously done so.

#8450 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

My drop target is pretty much the same but I hadn't noticed it affecting balls (probably was though). What I was having issues with is this same target (second from left) doesn't trigger with direct impact all the time. When I hit it twice, dead on with full impact, on a gunfight and it didn't fall I decided to have a look. What I discovered was the spring on this target feels like there is some resistance when loading and unloading. The other 3 bad guy drop targets do not feel like this, they are quite snappy.
After fiddling with it for a few minutes and deciding to try adjusting target heights, I discovered an LED board on the floor of the machine. I found the spot it came from and replaced it, checking the screws on the other 3 of the same type. All the screws were loose. I'm guessing there was supposed to be blue locktite on these screws? Any reason I shouldn't add some?
And is there anything I could try to do with the left-of-center drop target?

I have this same issue from time to time with that target, so I'd also be curious as to what the fix is. I haven't gotten around to fiddling with that yet. For me it's the direct hits that seem to not phase it, whereas a glancing blow will trigger the hit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
There are 15,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 307.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.