(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,415 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 309.
#8001 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So if I’m understanding right the code is done

The game ships with original CC code. Also extended code. Owner/operator can set which they want.

Quoted from big-c66:

ut u have to purchase the complete version

The Lyman update will come later. I don't believe what is all involved has been announced by CGC yet.

LTG : )

#8002 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Based on what? A guess?

What else would it be? At this point its anyones guess

#8003 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What else would it be? At this point its anyones guess

Yeah. It's just a waste of time guessing at this point.

#8004 1 year ago

Yep

#8005 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Hey guys I’m thinking about getting one and I’ve been reading back through the thread about code. So if I’m understanding right the code is done but u have to purchase the complete version and if so how much is it n I’ve played some games but how deep or good is it.

See the details of what we know including some details on the optional upgrade in the FAQ (first post in the thread). There’s some great info from one of the designers.

The current code depth is what you what you would expect from a WPC era game but certainly isn’t as deep as recent Stern or JJP games are. “Good” is a relative term but I think it is. It’s not complicated, but fun with an uncommon and pretty family friendly theme, a lot of humor and great use of drop targets. The LE and SE+ adds an interactive topper which complements the game perfectly.

#8006 1 year ago

So I posted a few days back about one of the drop targets resetting before being hit. Instead of replacing the spring with a lighter weight spring, I guetto fixed it by just stretching the spring a bit and this resolved my issue. I likely will buy the recommended springs and have them ready. I did notice that the little baby coil thingee was loose (the thing that will drop the target back down mechanically.....Sorry I don't know what that is called). So I pulled out the drop target mech and tightened the nut. After doing this, the plunger would stick on the side of the frame of the mech....so I had to bend this a little bit so it wouldn't make contact. I also noticed that some of the screws that set the height of the target on the playfield were loose. One of the targets was way too low in the playfield because of it. So all is tightened and adjusted now. I would strongly recommend lifting the playfield and going over everything to ensure things are tight and adjusted properly. Game is playing really good now.

#8007 1 year ago

Pretty safe guess look at the calendar

#8008 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Finished code comes with the game. There is another individual who is creating a new version that can be purchased at a later date (its not required)

That’s great. I’m all about if someone can add to it.

#8009 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

That’s great. I’m all about if someone can add to it.

You cannot "add to it" really. CGC is making a more extensive version but that will be it. You will have to pay for it and it includes some hardware. Others can't add features like on the CCC games, which is based on a different boardset.

#8010 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You cannot "add to it" really. CGC is making a more extensive version but that will be it. You will have to pay for it and it includes some hardware. Others can't add features like on the CCC games, which is based on a different boardset.

Its really unfortunate that Lyman isn't around to really polish and develop this new code.....he was the best

#8011 1 year ago

LE unboxing's have slowed right down, honestly cant see this landing @ Aust Q3+, hope I'm wrong.

#8012 1 year ago

love that there is an option to disable/minimize RGB overhead light interaction. chose warm white in the lighting menu and feel its fits theme better. matter of personal preference but appreciate CGC added this option.

#8013 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Ok calm down I should have worded my post a little different. I’m just trying to understand everything with this game before I decide to pull the trigger n buy it. I want to get something before the price jump at the first of the year. Lol

#8014 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’m just trying to understand everything with this game before I decide to pull the trigger n buy it.

If you liked the feel and gameplay of the "old" 90s B/W titles then I don't think you'll be disappointed. The code--although now arguably fully realized to align with the original designer's intent--isn't Godzilla deep by any means (what is really?) it still really takes CCr from so-so to a really fun, lighthearted and approachable game that is not incredibly difficult to win (though you can make it difficult to brutal through game setting changes, keeping the outlanes wide open, etc.). So, I think it can appeal to a wide range of skillsets. I pulled the trigger on an SE early on and haven't regretted it... Just my two cents.

#8015 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Ok calm down I should have worded my post a little different. I’m just trying to understand everything with this game before I decide to pull the trigger n buy it. I want to get something before the price jump at the first of the year. Lol

Calm down? Really? Please show me where my post made it look like I was pissed off or excited or anything other than politely helpful?

There are a variety of folks that are here on Pinside and your question could have been related to the fact that Cactus Canyon Continued CAN be added on since it runs on custom boards.

Oh and BTW this isn't a Stern thread... There is no price jump in January. You have all the time in the world to make your mind since CGC aren't shipping right now anyway.

#8016 1 year ago

Just completed the final run of 10 barrel cup holders for 2022.

All orders have been fulfilled and there are 3 left for sale.

Next run of 10 will be in Feb or March 2023.

5EB42BD8-F79A-4603-9701-95FB593A2F70 (resized).jpeg5EB42BD8-F79A-4603-9701-95FB593A2F70 (resized).jpeg
#8017 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Cactus Canyon Continued CAN be added on since it runs on custom boards.

On a related note, if anyone has successfully installed CCC in an CCr please post details/tips (or PM me please).
[Note that CCC running on the same physical game is very different than incorporating CCC code into the CCr code]

#8018 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Next run of 10 will be in Feb or March 2023. [quoted image]

IMO these look even nicer in person and are perfect for CC.

#8019 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

If you liked the feel and gameplay of the "old" 90s B/W titles then I don't think you'll be disappointed. The code--although now arguably fully realized to align with the original designer's intent--isn't Godzilla deep by any means (what is really?) it still really takes CCr from so-so to a really fun, lighthearted and approachable game that is not incredibly difficult to win (though you can make it difficult to brutal through game setting changes, keeping the outlanes wide open, etc.). So, I think it can appeal to a wide range of skillsets. I pulled the trigger on an SE early on and haven't regretted it... Just my two cents.

Very good point about the difficulty. A lot of detractors of CCr say it’s an extremely easy game. If you throw those out lanes wide open, make it a little steeper, and reduce the extra balls/ball save, the game becomes brutal for most players.

#8020 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Next run of 10 will be in Feb or March 2023. [quoted image]

so cool great work! and a welcome reprieve from all of the whining and fighting on this forum

#8021 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Very good point about the difficulty. A lot of detractors of CCr say it’s an extremely easy game. If you throw those out lanes wide open, make it a little steeper, and reduce the extra balls/ball save, the game becomes brutal for most players.

agree! and fun as hell to shoot! definitely getting some AFM vibes when completing the requirements for OK Corral.

#8022 1 year ago

Happy to report on the new SE unboxed today that there are no issues with legs being too tight and crimping decals. all good out of the box!

#8023 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Quoted from Bublehead:
Sometimes we fall back into the pile of shit we just created…
I always tried to find the good in schoolyard bullies that mocked me when I was growing up. I was rarely successful but realized that I was lucky compared to them.

Well, I was actually commenting on CGC and their current predicament of lack of communication, but if you feel my shoe fits your double-speak, “do as I say but not as I do” narrative, by all means, pull that sucker on.

Nah, I’m just kidding ya. I was totally mocking you.

#8024 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Happy to report on the new SE unboxed today that there are no issues with legs being too tight and crimping decals. all good out of the box!

What's the build date?

#8025 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well, I was actually commenting on CGC and their current predicament of lack of communication.

My apologies. I clearly missed that.

#8026 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Did/do the leg protectors look/seem thicker?

#8027 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Quoted from DaddyManD:

agree! and fun as hell to shoot! definitely getting some AFM vibes when completing the requirements for OK Corral.

Exactly! Even "easy" games can be made pretty difficult with some settings changes and CCr is definitely one of those.

#8028 1 year ago

Jfh might be a droid with CGC specific reply’s and speak so theirs that

#8029 1 year ago

Question as stated before. If CGC has a handful of companies helping them finish these games if I’m not mistaken. Doesn’t that open the door for inconsistency across games and problems?

#8030 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Question as stated before. If CGC has a handful of companies helping them finish these games if I’m not mistaken. Doesn’t that open the door for inconsistency across games and problems?

Not specifically. A company uses many different suppliers and vendors for the same parts and processes to ensure competition amongst the vendors and getting the lowest prices. When you rely on a single vendor for something is when you invite issues into your manufacturing process. Otherwise your QA department is in charge of validating parts as they enter the supply chain and are sent to the factory floor. If you mean by “help finish games” in the sense of assembly, not many OEM pinball companies are doing that, since use of under paid, low trained, overworked, minority-heavy work forces is where all the money is made in pinball. These OEM players in the industry don’t share their workforces openly, the workers simply move from company to company as work is available. It is very fluid employment at the workforce level in pinball.

#8031 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Not specifically. A company uses many different suppliers and vendors for the same parts and processes to ensure competition amongst the vendors and getting the lowest prices. When you rely on a single vendor for something is when you invite issues into your manufacturing process. Otherwise your QA department is in charge of validating parts as they enter the supply chain and are sent to the factory floor. If you mean by “help finish games” in the sense of assembly, not many OEM pinball companies are doing that, since use of under paid, low trained, overworked, minority-heavy work forces is where all the money is made in pinball. These OEM players in the industry don’t share their workforces openly, the workers simply move from company to company as work is available. It is very fluid employment at the workforce level in pinball.

Ok makes sense, hopefully it all
Works out in the end

#8032 1 year ago

PPS put out an email a few days ago. I believe that’s the reason for his comment.

#8033 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Wut?

No - cgc is building the games and has been for years

#8034 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just joined the club!!!
[quoted image]

Lookin’ Good!!

#8035 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Wut?
No - cgc is building the games and has been for years

I remember when MMr was on the line at Stern back when Kiss was on the other line in 2015? Was that the last time CGC outsourced production?

#8036 1 year ago
5D71044E-1842-41F0-9E6C-3B19C71EF759 (resized).jpeg5D71044E-1842-41F0-9E6C-3B19C71EF759 (resized).jpeg
#8037 1 year ago

Used the zip tie in the glass channel trick. Worked like a charm.

#8038 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Used the zip tie in the glass channel trick. Worked like a charm.

Tell me more - to clean the channel? Glass rattle?

#8039 1 year ago

PF glass rattle. About an inch or so of plastic cut from a small zip tie wedged between the cabinet plastic guide slot and the plastic glide. Just had to do one. Push it in till you can’t see it with a little bitty screwdriver. Thanks to whoever posted how to do it earlier in this thread.

#8040 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Tell me more - to clean the channel? Glass rattle?

It works surprisingly well and is invisible.

#8041 1 year ago

I want to add a personal sign atop my CCR SE back box, but I'm at a loss as to where/how to tap into 6.3V to illuminate it with an LED strip lite and not interfere with any game functions. I've got a full compliment of Matrix connectors, wedge/bayonet sockets, LEDs etc that I used with older pins. Is there a simple way to do this without messing anything up?

#8042 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

PF glass rattle. About an inch or so of plastic cut from a small zip tie wedged between the cabinet plastic guide slot and the plastic glide. Just had to do one. Push it in till you can’t see it with a little bitty screwdriver. Thanks to whoever posted how to do it earlier in this thread.

Thanks! I’ll go searching the thread. Should be a sticky

#8043 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Thanks! I’ll go searching the thread. Should be a sticky

It was until I ran out of room. I’ll find a way to put it back in the FAQ.

#8044 1 year ago

Any recommendations for replacing the foam padding under the lockdown bar? Mine wore out really quickly. Also the little plastic spacers on the two ends of the bar keep working their way out, sliding forward out from under the bar - should I just gorilla glue those back in place?

#8045 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Any recommendations for replacing the foam padding under the lockdown bar? Mine wore out really quickly. Also the little plastic spacers on the two ends of the bar keep working their way out, sliding forward out from under the bar - should I just gorilla glue those back in place?

How did it wear out? How often do you have your LDB on and off? I don't ever remembering a beer seal wearing out, even on routed games. May have not been affixed properly at CGC? Most people just go buy some weather-stripping from the hardware store but you can also pick up a piece from Pinball life for around a buck and a half.

#8046 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

How did it wear out? How often do you have your LDB on and off? I don't ever remembering a beer seal wearing out, even on routed games. May have not been affixed properly at CGC? Most people just go buy some weather-stripping from the hardware store but you can also pick up a piece from Pinball life for around a buck and a half.

It's not the beer seal (thanks for teaching me the term) it's the smaller pieces that I guess rest against the inner cabinet. They flattened almost immediately then ripped. Sounds like I can cut a piece of a longer seal or just buy some generic foam. Thanks!

20221213_164546 (resized).jpg20221213_164546 (resized).jpg
#8047 1 year ago

All you unhappy, terrible, pissy customers. Their will be no pleasing you. If your unhappy or don't think the value is there, you can always get a refund!

I mean it's only been over a year, where is your patience. Pinball is hard. U suck pinsiders!

#8048 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

All you unhappy, terrible, pissy customers. Their will be no pleasing you. If your unhappy or don't think the value is there, you can always get a refund!
I mean it's only been over a year, where is your patience. Pinball is hard. U suck pinsiders!

BB977CB1-A3B5-4284-9832-EA4735740193.gifBB977CB1-A3B5-4284-9832-EA4735740193.gif
#8049 1 year ago

Turned off the topper I don’t have. Mini Game didn’t work well and seemed like a general waste of time. Maybe it was waiting on a response from the topper I don’t have, but it didn’t respond well.

Still loving it. Made Grand Champion yesterday. Default extended settings, except the bad Guys are on easy (default is Very Easy).

8B43B1D9-FA7C-4F6E-A011-200A1138B1B6 (resized).jpeg8B43B1D9-FA7C-4F6E-A011-200A1138B1B6 (resized).jpeg
#8050 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:All you unhappy, terrible, pissy customers. Their will be no pleasing you. If your unhappy or don't think the value is there, you can always get a refund!

No quoting @jfh....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/161?hl=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.