(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,415 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 309.
#7851 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You think most of the LEs are built and just waiting for toppers to be strapped to the top?
The argument isn’t all mine. I used to be in the “ship toppers separately” camp until multiple distributors explained to me what a shitshow that would be.
And that doesn’t even consider the licensing issues that would have to be addressed (parts vs component of the game). Ever stop and think why there are only three models of remakes and why there is no CE?

You lost me there. This makes no sense, licensing issues huh

#7852 1 year ago

I have heard from many that Doug is quite a peach to work for. He should probably step down and have someone with an ounce of customer service and good communication step in.

#7853 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

You lost me there.

It doesn’t have to make sense to you or me just those that make the decisions.

The bottom line is that it’s not as simple or straightforward as some think it is.

I can say with certainty that CGC is doing all of us a favor by not shipping toppers separately. You may not believe that and that’s fine. But it sure as hell isn’t gaslighting or a flawed business model.

Would you advocate the same idea if the CPU boards or back boxes or legs or flippers or translite or cabinet decals weren’t ready?

#7854 1 year ago

If CGC can't figure out who all of there LE buyers are to send them the topper to the exact address they previously shipped the game to then Houston we really have a problem

#7855 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It makes sense to those that have to make the decisions.
The bottom line is that it’s not as simple or straightforward as some think it is.
I can say with certainty that CGC is doing all of us a favor by not shipping toppers separately. You may not believe that and that’s fine. But it sure as hell isn’t gaslighting or a flawed business model.
Would you advocate the same idea if the CPU boards or back boxes or legs or flippers or translite or cabinet decals weren’t ready?

No I expect them to tell us what the hold up is. Not make excuses. So far it's been the topper. Your arguments are stupid. Legs, flippers separate no wonder Doug makes stupid decisions. He probably listens to people like you JFH

#7856 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

If CGC can't figure out who all of there LE buyers are to send them the topper to the exact address they previously shipped the game to then Houston we really have a problem

Then you clearly don’t understand the process. Read the related FAQ entry or talk to your distributor.

#7857 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then you clearly don’t understand the process. Read the related FAQ entry or talk to your distributor.

The process is flawed, and actually it's broken

#7858 1 year ago

JFH Doug doesn't pay you enough for this. And you don't run a very good PR campaign for them

Doug, you should find some Executives who are problem solvers and create options and solutions to your customers. CGC Your PR sucks rusty pinballs!

#7859 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

No I expect them to tell us what the hold up is. Not make excuses. So far it's been the topper. Your arguments are stupid. Legs, flippers separate no wonder Doug makes stupid decisions. He probably listens to people like you JFH

Lol!

Let us know when you buyout CGC or make a deal with PPS to take over the remakes. There are about a dozen people in this thread that I’m sure would be glad to join your team.

Two other points - what the hold up is may be interesting but is largely irrelevant. And I really don’t know what “excuses” you are talking about. It would be nice if CGC communicated more but as far as I know everything they have said is accurate.

#7860 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

Good communication is not difficult or expensive, regardless of the situation. Spooky released order info for Scooby Doo this morning, I love how complete, transparent, and straightforward it is. And speaking of price value, their CE is less than $10k. Here are a few highlights of the bullet points, CGC should take notes:
* It may take up to 18 months for the entire run of Scooby Doo to be completed.
* Anyone caught reselling a spot for higher than what they paid (if that's going to occur) will have their game taken from them, deposit refunded, and it will be sold to another pinball enthusiast who really wants the game. Basically, if you are buying to flip the game for a profit, don't.
* CEs are done first, then BSs, then SEs - no exceptions
* If your game is going on a location - email us with the name and city/state of the location it will be placed at. We love to promote our operator customers.
* Reread this section if you need to... : )

Spooky does have good communication (not sure the same can be said about their QC compared to CGC), but your flipper bullet point isn’t accurate. That’s just one distributors policy…you can flip a Spooky direct spot all you want.

#7861 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not really sure how this relates to CGC (other than communications part)
CGC said upfront that toppers would not be sold or shipped separately, said about 500 SEs would be built before LEs and that SE+ games would be last. No one should be surprised about that now.
We’re not 18 months in so we can’t compare that (but if that’s OK, why complain a year in?)
The part I really like is the specific effort to discourage flippers who make bad supply issues even worse and provide no value.

jfh the fact that you don’t see how good transparent communication from a pinball manufacturer could relate to or be an opportunity for CGC to learn, says a lot about why you always run to their defense. It’s simple; set expectations clearly up front and consumers are left with less unanswered questions. CGC hasn’t done this well throughout the entire process, and there is no defending that.

I agree with the comment about flippers, I appreciate that one as it helps protect the hobby for those who are true fans. I also like the intent behind promoting businesses planning to put the machine on location. Makes it seem like they actually care about the relationship with their customers, which is apparently becoming rare in the pinball world (JJP and Spooky seem best at this).

Please recognize another week has passed without one update from CGC and no additional confirmations of invoices going out or machines shipping. At some point please just be willing to admit, they are doing a terrible job at managing the process overall and communication, and don’t just answer with ‘if you want to cancel, go ahead and cancel’.

#7862 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Doug doesn't pay you enough for this. And you don't run a very good PR campaign for them

Its very entertaining seeing jfh defend CGC....priceless ...

#7863 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I know everything they have said is accurate.

Hey did you hear that? me either. They said stuff????

#7864 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol!
Let us know when you buyout CGC or make a deal with PPS to take over the remakes. There are about a dozen people in this thread that I’m sure would be glad to join your team.
Two other points - what the hold up is may be interesting but is largely irrelevant. And I really don’t know what “excuses” you are talking about. It would be nice if CGC communicated more but as far as I know everything they have said is accurate.

Please contact PPS directly for any leveraged buyout offers! Must pay in gold bullion only.

#7865 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Spooky does have good communication (not sure the same can be said about their QC compared to CGC), but your flipper bullet point isn’t accurate. That’s just one distributors policy…you can flip a Spooky direct spot all you want.

Very fair comment, and makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

#7866 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

‘if you want to cancel, go ahead and cancel’.

Hey Doug how is your day going? I already told you I won't cancel because thankfully you underpriced your game. All others won't either. But your future games that you will likely overprice should do well. But keep dragging your feet on your customers. That'll show us

#7867 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Let’s say CGC sees the poll results and says “OK”. How would this work? There is no master list of who is getting toppers. That’s at the distributor level. How does the extra admin costs at each distributor and CGC and the multiple related costs get paid? How do distributors deal with games that get cancelled in the interim or if people move?
There are other reasons it will never happen but it’s not as simple as pay an extra $100 and get the topper early so you can admire it while you wait for your game.

I have faith that the brilliant people at CGC and their distributor partners could solve the problem. If they can build pinball machines, they can do this.

#7868 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Please contact PPS directly for any leveraged buyout offers! Must pay in gold bullion only.

Rick you would likely do better with almost anyone at this point.

#7869 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

JFH Doug doesn't pay you enough for this. And you don't run a very good PR campaign for them
Doug, you should find some Executives who are problem solvers and create options and solutions to your customers. Your PR sucks

I’m sure you are kidding but just in case you are serious:

I don’t work for CGC, I don’t get paid anything from CGC or receive any preference or special value from them.

I agree the PR can be lacking but they would need a full time person to deal with Pinside alone.

Instead of spending money on that Doug has decided to spend it making a quality product without cutting corners. The owner satisfaction with their delivered products seems to be pretty damn good PR in its own right.

#7870 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Hey did you hear that? me either. They said stuff????

To my knowledge they haven't officially said anything. The one company I believe is PPS who basically said they have no idea when CGC will deliver their LE allotment....reading between the lines they are as frustrated with CGC as anyone.

#7871 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m sure you are kidding but just in case you are serious:
I don’t work for CGC, I don’t get paid anything from CGC or receive any preference or special value from them.
I agree the PR can be lacking but they would need a full time person to deal with Pinside alone.
Instead of spending money on that Doug has decided to spend it making a quality product without cutting corners. The owner satisfaction with their delivered products seems to be pretty damn good PR in its own right.

Bullshit They can have both, Doug's just blind

#7872 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Let’s say CGC sees the poll results and says “OK”. How would this work? There is no master list of who is getting toppers. That’s at the distributor level. How does the extra admin costs at each distributor and CGC and the multiple related costs get paid? How do distributors deal with games that get cancelled in the interim or if people move?
There are other reasons it will never happen but it’s not as simple as pay an extra $100 and get the topper early so you can admire it while you wait for your game.

I think you have that reversed….nobody wants their topper early, they want the game. I would be willing too pay the full price now to get the game shipped before the topper. Everyone wins…CGC can get their revenue and we can’t get our game. Spooky did something similar with Halloween. The shooting rod wasn’t ready…rather then holding an entire machine they shipped it separately. If a small company like Spooky can figure it out, CGC can. Not buying the licensing argument…it wouldn’t be a separately invoiced item, just shipped separately, they can work that out with license holder.

#7873 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

jfh the fact that you don’t see how good transparent communication from a pinball manufacturer could relate to or be an opportunity for CGC to learn, says a lot about why you always run to their defense. It’s simple; set expectations clearly up front and consumers are left with less unanswered questions. CGC hasn’t done this well throughout the entire process, and there is no defending that.

Good transparent communication is good from any organization and can certainly provide value to both sides.

CGC has made a business decision as to what level of communication is of value to them. As I have said previously I don’t think it’s enough but I understand their decision.

#7874 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good transparent communication is good from any organization and can certainly provide value to both sides.
CGC has made a business decision as to what level of communication is of value to them. As I have said previously I don’t think it’s enough but I understand their decision.

You should run PR for the white house. You are a great deflector. Nothing gets answered or solved. But hey everyone's doing their best right?

Squirrel!!!!!

#7875 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ermegerd man take a break from the thread. You are filling your own thread with junk posts by engaging with every single person venting perpetuating a never ending cycle. Just step back and let them vent and the thread will calm down and be more valuable. You will never win what ever battle you imagine you are fighting. Those here for the entertainment will be disappointed, but you can’t please everyone.

#7876 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I would be willing to pay the full price now to get the game shipped before the topper.

I’m genuinely curious- how much more would you be willing to pay?

#7877 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Shouldn't cost over 80.00

#7878 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

I need to rent a backhoe to dig it all up, be in touch soon.

#7879 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:Shouldn't cost over 80.00

Lol!

That shows how truly clueless you are.
Good luck with your buyout.

It’s been an entertaining morning, thanks.

#7880 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Whatever the actual shipping cost is. I’d guess it’s like 100 bucks. More importantly for them they get to recognize the full revenue of the game from a cash flow perspective.

#7881 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol!
That shows how truly clueless you are.
Good luck with your buyout.
It’s been an entertaining morning, thanks.

Freight more than 80.00. No sir you are the one that is clueless

#7882 1 year ago

god this is some of the worst behavior on a pinside thread I have been on. usually its folks talking code and helping each other out on tech stuff…geesh. i appreciate the OPs FAQ and willingness to help.

#7883 1 year ago

No buyout from me. But I have heard that there are tensions with cgc and Rick. I do hope Rick selects a new manufacturer

#7884 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Whatever the actual shipping cost is. I’d guess it’s like 100 bucks.

Unfortunately there would be more than just shipping costs (and maybe even multiple shipping costs).

#7885 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Freight more than 80.00. No sir you are the one that is clueless

As someone who ships stuff constantly, with current shipping prices it would cost at least double that if not more. The box the topper is in is make of 3/4” plywood, plus the weight of the topper plus its a large size. Shipping prices are at the highest they have ever been right now. If you think you are shipping that topper for $80 you’re a crazy person.

#7886 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unfortunately there would be more than just shipping costs (and maybe even multiple shipping costs).

Spooky figured it out, I am sure they could too. Interest on cash just sitting is 3 percent right now…they would get a lot of it. They also have a huge liability on their books that they could start reducing. But if they insisted on like a 50 dollar admin fee I’d pay it.

#7887 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Drop ship from manufacturer. They would reach out to their distributors for competed fulfilled orders. And when the toppers are ready ship direct to consumer. Also once the parts are readily available, they can go back to stap on's..
It's not rocket science

#7888 1 year ago

I got rid of my topper boxes. Could someone please post the dimensions of the box. I am going to go to fed ex and ups. Not hard to find out the cost.

#7889 1 year ago

So rumor is software (Lyman/josh) and hardware (saloon doors) will be 1000 bucks when available.

#7890 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I got rid of my topper boxes. Could someone please post the dimensions of the box. I am going to go to fed ex and ups. Not hard to find out the cost.

I made several CC se toppers that I sent to friends and my average shipping cost was $88 plus about $10-12 for the boxes and foam. My topper probably weighed about half as much as the LE topper. I used UPS as they had better ground rates than FedEx and USPS every time for these.

I also recently sold my POTC elite topper that came in the big wooden crate that heavy SOB was about $165 to ship.

#7891 1 year ago

I’m eager for my game. But I’m patient.

But I do think the personal attacks need to stop. Regardless of what your opinions on the current situation are.

#7892 1 year ago

Gee wiz, It’s been years since I had the book thrown at me here on Pinside, so here goes…

“What we got here is failure to communicate.”

Let me tell you a story about CGC and shipping LE’s and communications.

Here is the big rub…. There were non-original order Monster Bash LE owners who had their machines 2 months before mine even shipped, and all they did was call their distributor and ask “got any MB LE’s laying around?” And lo and behold, people were starting to post how much they were enjoying their new games and me, who had placed my order with my distributor the exact day is was announced and order taken, was still waiting for my game.

This incensed me beyond belief. I was waiting 7 months for delivery yet someone who had waited zero amount of time just calls up and gets one shipped before mine?

I had to raise holy hell and boy did I bitch on Pinside to get Ryan to even return my calls/messages. This just shows how much they don’t care. If they did they wouldn’t let shit like this keep happening, and as it stands right now, looks like they are setting up for the exact scenario with CCrLE.

I have a very short list of remakes that I am interested in else I would tell CGC to pack sand. And no way I would take a risk on a original title from them, I’d rather go buy a Stern Godzilla and be done with it (if you can find Godzilla premium these days NIB), but secondary markets are really looking better and better these days. Let someone else knock the shiny and new off and take the hit, but as far as communications with or even from CGC, they are not coming back here unless you get really, really shitty on the forums and they get tired of hearing it. Trust me, it’s what I had to do to get answers about why my MBrLE was so delayed back then.

Good luck gentlemen and ladies, BH out.

#7893 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Ermegerd man take a break from the thread.

Don’t be silly. 1000 posts is within reach. Only 48 to go!

#7894 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So rumor is software (Lyman/josh) and hardware (saloon doors) will be 1000 bucks when available.

How much to ship?

I’m looking forward to the announcement of the upgrade. I really don’t care what the price is and would love to see a portion of every sale donated in Lyman’s name. Whatever the cost is, I’m going to donate at least 10% to NAMI in his name.

Also be interested in seeing the uptake. I suspect many (most?) LE owners will buy it and probably most home owners. I wonder if it will make enough difference on route for operators to invest in or if most location players would know or care?

As excited as many are I hope CGC doesn’t announce anything until everything is ready to ship. We will inevitably see complaints about the price and people bitching about the hardware but I’m ready to add details and pictures to the FAQ.

I’m going to focus on enjoying the vision that Lyman and Josh had for the game and appreciate that CGC is completing the project when it would have been easy and understandable for them to say just drop it given the circumstances.

#7895 1 year ago

I guess I'll wait at least a week before even looking at this thread again. More posts of the same old repetitive shit today....

#7896 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I have heard from many that Doug is quite a peach to work for.

I work for Doug. One of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I'm glad I'm on board with CGC/PPS.

If you see him at a show, stop and talk to him. You'll be glad you did.

LTG : )

#7897 1 year ago
F846ECDD-6B2D-4827-803E-DEB17540284A (resized).jpegF846ECDD-6B2D-4827-803E-DEB17540284A (resized).jpeg
#7898 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

No buyout from me. But I have heard that there are tensions with cgc and Rick. I do hope Rick selects a new manufacturer

Lol - which other pinball manufacturers does he have to choose from?

#7899 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

There are always tensions ... I come from an industry which communicated and delivered as best we could on time in Silicon Valley, and when we couldn't we added more resources or removed functionality ... doesn't seem to work that well in pinball.

Y'all spend alot of time on things you cannot control ... lol

#7900 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I work for Doug. One of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I'm glad I'm on board with CGC/PPS.
If you see him at a show, stop and talk to him. You'll be glad you did.
LTG : )

Doug is fantastic. I've owned all of the remakes and the quality is exceptional, better each time through MBr, which for me even passed the original. The only reason I passed on CCrLE and let my order go is that the game isn't my thing. If it had been ToTAN, or another Williams classic, no way I'd have cancelled. It seems they have all been slow to market, definitely MMr, initially run at Stern, less with AFMr, MBr for sure, but none of those were during the supply chain issues. After the games are shipped, there have been very few problems. I'd stay with the same company that uses the same process to silk screen the playfields as Williams, and the same factory that made the cabinets (Churchill), to achieve the best remake product. But if Rick wants to outsource BBB and some other weird ones to American, for example, that would be fine by me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.