(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,400 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 383 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 308.
#7701 1 year ago

Here are the custom plates I had made to replace the factory plates for the LE. If anyone is interested, they can be ordered from my store. They are the standard 0.5 x 1.5 inches in size and will be customized to your game number. If any questions, please PM me. Thank you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1448-pin-music-plus/07503-cactus-canyon-custom-edition-numbered-plate

20221206_163912 (resized).jpg20221206_163912 (resized).jpg

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7702 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Spoke to the distro yesterday. It's not just Richard and his SE now. It's the LEs as well. CGC will not ship games to Canada until they get the certification approval thing. It's related to something they changed in the power supply(compared to previous games) or something to that effect.
No point incomplaining to the distributor as they can't do anything about it. They are as frustrated as all of us are.

Did they say anything about overseas games or just Canadian?

#7703 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did they say anything about overseas games or just Canadian?

Not only Canada. All games outside US.

#7704 1 year ago

Guess we can’t be too careful, clearly they’re going to start exploding everywhere, thank god our government is here to save us from the carnage.

Quoted from JHPSWE:

Not only Canada. All games outside US.

#7705 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Why did I have to see what invisiglass or whatever it is called looks like on a machine this past weekend, now I really want to add it. I am curious though if playing with invisiglass messes with you when you go on location to play. thoughts

I have Invisiglass, PDI, Voodoo on all my games....in my opinion it's a massive difference (my environment is pretty bright). I would buy the cheapest one u can get delivered to your house. The premium u pay for PDI isn't worth it (IMHO)

#7706 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

...there are so many willing to assume the worst when there are not enough facts to support a particular conclusion... But “not currently shipping games to PPS” <> “not shipping games”.

Track record... ‘Nuff said.

F3BE4028-19FF-4C3E-81F0-85F0D2F73182 (resized).jpegF3BE4028-19FF-4C3E-81F0-85F0D2F73182 (resized).jpeg
#7707 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Track record... ‘Nuff said.
[quoted image]

I think even jfh is having difficulties defending CGC's incompetence in getting games out the door.

#7708 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Why did I have to see what invisiglass or whatever it is called looks like on a machine this past weekend, now I really want to add it. I am curious though if playing with invisiglass messes with you when you go on location to play. thoughts

I have put invisiglass (or, whatever stern sells-because that's what my distro carries) on all games I've owned and I love it. No glare is a game changer for me. I'm also 5'5" tall and suspect that has something to do with it lol
On location, regular glass is an annoyance at best and definite hindrance at worst-especially if the underside of the glass is streaky and not cleaned well. Again, it may be the angle but I won't own a home game without it.

#7709 1 year ago

Couldn’t you take the metal plate off and go to the mall where they do the custom engraved stuff and have them laser it?

#7710 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Couldn’t you take the metal plate off and go to the mall where they do the custom engraved stuff and have them laser it?

Hmm. I guess you can. But I would be afraid to risk messing it up unless you can get a replacement.

#7711 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

There are mounting screws under the number label so not sure that would work well.

#7712 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Man. You are just so negative, rude, and depressing sometimes. Was this post really necessary? The guy is just excited and hopefully something is happening with the code.
I like coming to this thread for updates, but I dread seeing posts from you.
Hate to say it, but this thread would be way more enjoyable if you’d be a bit nicer.
Maybe you could hop off the computer and go run to the mall. You could go tell all the little kids that Santa isn’t real…seems right up your alley.

yeah, jfh ran me over the coals a while back, and he doesn't even know me, 0r my place here..asking legit stuff..Napoleon didn't fare well, at the end.. I don't understand why certain people in life need to use passive-aggressive bullying, just to make rudundant statements to feel better about themselves..So i'm with you man..

#7713 1 year ago

I’m am so glad that between the 2 OG CC’s in my pinball league, playing it on site back in the 90’s when it was brand new, and then again at every other pinball show on the planet since, I have got CC out of my bloodstream. Will I play it again in my life?, probably, but only to see the new code. All other aspects of owning a CGC pin were satisfied with my MBrLE, which is still the Queen of my collection. Hope CGC doesn’t take a black eye on CCrLE deliveries.

#7714 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Spoke to the distro yesterday. It's not just Richard and his SE now. It's the LEs as well. CGC will not ship games to Canada until they get the certification approval thing. It's related to something they changed in the power supply(compared to previous games) or something to that effect.
No point incomplaining to the distributor as they can't do anything about it. They are as frustrated as all of us are.

This makes me
Nervous!!

#7715 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here are the custom plates I had made to replace the factory plates for the LE. If anyone is interested, they can be ordered from my store. They are the standard 0.5 x 1.5 inches in size and will be customized to your game number. If any questions, please PM me. Thank you.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1448-pin-music-plus/07503-cactus-canyon-custom-edition-numbered-plate
[quoted image][quoted image]

What about guns on both sides of the numbers? I think that would look best.

#7716 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

yeah, jfh ran me over the coals a while back

I take a lot of crap here, some of it deserved, but that is just wrong - I did no such thing. I said that if people have a support issue they should open up a ticket with CGC not just post here and unfortunately you apparently took that as a personal insult. I’m sorry. And you’re right - I don’t know you. But I know that anyone who worked as hard as you did to get linked NBA Fastbreak games loves and appreciates pinball which is why we’re all here in the first place, right?

There’s a small but vocal group here that seems to enjoy bashing CGC at every possible opportunity and/or don’t want to acknowledge that CGC is doing what they need to do to get a quality product out the door without deliberately cutting corners. Most of that group delights in downvoting or bashing me too like high school bullies. That’s on them. I went back and read all of your posts. You’re better than that. If you have an issue with me, send me a PM.

#7717 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here are the custom plates I had made to replace the factory plates for the LE. If anyone is interested, they can be ordered from my store. They are the standard 0.5 x 1.5 inches in size and will be customized to your game number.

I’ve linked this in the FAQ under Modifications.

#7718 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I take a lot of crap here, some of it deserved, but that is just wrong - I did no such thing. I said that if people have a support issue they should open up a ticket with CGC not just post here and unfortunately you apparently took that as a personal insult. I’m sorry. And you’re right - I don’t know you. But I know that anyone who worked as hard as you did to get linked NBA Fastbreak games loves and appreciates pinball which is why we’re all here in the first place, right?
There’s a small but vocal group here that seems to enjoy bashing CGC at every possible opportunity and/or don’t want to acknowledge that CGC is doing what they need to do to get a quality product out the door without deliberately cutting corners. Most of that group delights in downvoting or bashing me too like high school bullies. That’s on them. I went back and read all of your posts. You’re better than that. If you have an issue with me, send me a PM.

To be fair you downvote literally any post that has any criticism of you or CGC. I think people have an issue with you because you try to stop any free discussion about CGC and their delays. Just let people talk and vent.

#7719 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

To be fair you downvote literally any post that has any criticism of you or CGC. I think people have an issue with you because you try to stop any free discussion about CGC and their delays. Just let people talk and vent.

Can't upvote this enuf. This is not your wholly owned thread - you are merely the OP - it is all of our thread. I greatly appreciate your passion, knowledge and for the most part the FAQ - great recourse which I am sure took a lot of time to create for all our benefits! But someone stated earlier you feel you need a hall pass to post in here and that is wrong. We can all have different opinions, frustrations, etc. and for them to be continually refuted is just wrong. I really like Panzerfreak and bought one of my 1st games from him - great dude!!! And he did the same thing - trying to refute and downvote every opinion he didn't share. Does not resonate well - especially to a group of hobbyist that are passionate about what games/things they like/don't like.

Maybe just lighten up a tad

Cheers!

#7720 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I’m am so glad that between the 2 OG CC’s in my pinball league, playing it on site back in the 90’s when it was brand new, and then again at every other pinball show on the planet since, I have got CC out of my bloodstream. Will I play it again in my life?, probably, but only to see the new code. All other aspects of owning a CGC pin were satisfied with my MBrLE, which is still the Queen of my collection. Hope CGC doesn’t take a black eye on CCrLE deliveries.

Welcome to this CCr club thread. Glad you're here.

#7721 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I think people have an issue with you because you try to stop any free discussion about CGC and their delays. Just let people talk and vent.

I respectfully disagree. I love discussion about CGC. I wish I had more info I could share.

What I would like to see stopped is the repeated bashing around the delays. Because CGC and some distributors have decided not to post here (primarily because of those speculating without facts and/or shooting the messenger) we are limited to info provided by owners which doesn’t always lead to an accurate understanding of the bigger picture or actually having all the facts.

There are plenty here who are disappointed (myself included) we don’t have our games yet but constant bitching about delays and Monday morning quarterbacking don’t help anyone or get games delivered any faster.

Venting can be great and clearly is good for some. Why not start a “What’s up with CCr shipping delays?” thread or whatever or use the hype thread? Nothing wrong with that. And I won’t defend CGC in a forum about opinion and frustration.

Keep facts and actual game related discussion here. Let’s discuss the game itself, experiences with CGC and distributors - good and bad. Have fun with what might be in the upgrade we all want to know so much more about, problems/fixes/mods, game play strategy - all the stuff people come to an owner’s thread for, even those without an awesome (recently updated) FAQ

#7722 1 year ago

All I wanna know is...

#7723 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:I respectfully disagree. I love discussion about CGC. I wish I had more info I could share.
What I would like to see stopped is the repeated bashing around the delays. Because CGC and some distributors have decided not to post here (primarily because of those speculating without facts and/or shooting the messenger) we are limited to info provided by owners which doesn’t always lead to an accurate understanding of the bigger picture or actually having all the facts.
There are plenty here who are disappointed (myself included) we don’t have our games yet but constant bitching about delays and Monday morning quarterbacking don’t help anyone or get games delivered any faster.
Venting can be great and clearly is good for some. Why not start a “What’s up with CCr shipping delays?” thread or whatever or use the hype thread? Nothing wrong with that. And I won’t defend CGC in a forum about opinion and frustration.
Keep facts and actual game related discussion here. Let’s discuss the game itself, experiences with CGC and distributors - good and bad. Have fun with what might be in the upgrade we all want to know so much more about, problems/fixes/mods, game play strategy - all the stuff people come to an owner’s thread for, even those without an awesome (recently updated) FAQ

Refuting right on schedule.

For bettor or worse, this is the CCr discussion thread.
Please read hockeymag8’s post(again?). He stated how I suspect many around here are feeling, and quite graciously at that.

#7724 1 year ago

Is what Zach Meny said about CGC production yesterday on the Pinball Show good enough information? He said that PPS was the only distributor to get games so far, that it was a very limited number of units (like 31 units total), and that Ryan from CGC was able to get Zach an LE for his personal collection by Zach agreeing that his LE could be displayed and played at Pincinnati. Zach added that the production rate should increase significantly in another 2 or 3 weeks. This information, along with the posts on here from LE owners who have received their machines, makes me believe that there still is something preventing CGC from producing units at the desired rate. I think this is a reasonable logical inference that can be made given the facts we know. If you are sitting inside a building with no windows and somebody walks in from outside wearing a wet raincoat and carrying an umbrella, you know it is raining out even if you did not see the rain and nobody told you it was raining.

#7725 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Is what Zach Meny said about CGC production yesterday on the Pinball Show good enough information? He said that PPS was the only distributor to get games so far, that it was a very limited number of units (like 31 units total), and that Ryan from CGC was able to get Zach an LE for his personal collection by Zach agreeing that his LE could be displayed and played at Pincinnati. Zach added that the production rate should increase significantly in another 2 or 3 weeks. This information, along with the posts on here from LE owners who have received their machines, makes me believe that there still is something preventing CGC from producing units at the desired rate. I think this is a reasonable logical inference that can be made given the facts we know. If you are sitting inside a building with no windows and somebody walks in from outside wearing a wet raincoat and carrying an umbrella, you know it is raining out even if you did not see the rain and nobody told you it was raining.

This isn't a surprise, and actually makes a lot of sense (the fact that CGC only shipped 31 games). The next excuse is they slowed down due to the holidays

#7726 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

If you are sitting inside a building with no windows and somebody walks in from outside wearing a wet raincoat and carrying an umbrella, you know it is raining out even if you did not see the rain and nobody told you it was raining.

E7085236-9896-4E3D-B1E3-FE2814E701D0 (resized).jpegE7085236-9896-4E3D-B1E3-FE2814E701D0 (resized).jpeg
#7727 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

not slowing delivery down either ....

#7728 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

If you are sitting inside a building with no windows and somebody walks in from outside wearing a wet raincoat and carrying an umbrella, you know it is raining out even if you did not see the rain and nobody told you it was raining.

I love this analogy and I am going to borrow it if it is ok with you

Unless you’re a lawyer with a different agenda(or play one on an Internet forum) the inference is clear and valid.

#7729 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Refuting right on schedule.

Jeez. Did you even read my post?

#7730 1 year ago

Thats awesome

#7731 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

This information, along with the posts on here from LE owners who have received their machines, makes me believe that there still is something preventing CGC from producing units at the desired rate. I think this is a reasonable logical inference that can be made given the facts we know.

Now this is a reasonable and productive post.

I have information that differs with some of what is noted but believe the summary is fair. I’m not going to mention the issue is for fear or starting another shitstorm but as someone waiting for an LE it doesn’t bother me in the least.

(Some of you should move to Colorado. It’s quite sunny here)

#7732 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Jeez. Did you even read my post?

I will stop commenting on your posts, but I think you need to read honeymag8’s post again.

#7733 1 year ago

It’s funny how just a few days ago I was admonished for even questioning or inferring that due to lack of activity there could possibly be production challenges, and yet here we are with confirmation there continues to be production challenges. Another reminder for CGC that transparent communication goes a long ways, it would be so appreciated if they just let us know so we aren’t left wondering and coming to our own conclusions. And IMO, really disappointing that Ryan/CGC ran victory laps and posted pics for getting a very small number of machines shipped, if they were already aware production was not sustainably ramped up to keep it going. Here’s hoping significant increase in production does happen in the next 2-3 weeks, but at this point I wouldn’t advise anyone to hold their breath. And with this experience and their track record, it would honestly have to be the perfect game for me to want to order another CGC game after this. What a disappointing experience.

#7734 1 year ago

Holy fucking shit CGC. Just ship the toppers separately. I know it will cost you a little more, hell most customers would probably pay separately for topper shipment. I would! But then you would keep your customers confidence in your company. I have purchased 6 machines from cgc in total. And for the first time my confidence in cgc is not so good.

#7735 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Now this is a reasonable and productive post.
I have information that differs with some of what is noted but believe the summary is fair. I’m not going to mention the issue is for fear or starting another shitstorm but as someone waiting for an LE it doesn’t bother me in the least.

jfh I truly appreciate the time and energy put into the FAQ and this thread, but I do wish you would stop mentioning every time you have ‘insider information’ or updates you’re unwilling to share. It’s really not helpful to anyone every time you mention that, and it’s happened quite a few times. If that’s true, probably better to just keep it to yourself unless you’re willing to share more openly, otherwise it just creates additional frustration IMO. Thanks.

#7736 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

It’s funny how just a few days ago I was admonished for even questioning or inferring that due to lack of activity there could possibly be production challenges, and yet here we are with confirmation there continues to be production challenges. Another reminder for CGC that transparent communication goes a long ways, it would be so appreciated if they just let us know so we aren’t left wondering and coming to our own conclusions. And IMO, really disappointing that Ryan/CGC ran victory laps and posted pics for getting a very small number of machines shipped, if they were already aware production was not sustainably ramped up to keep it going. Here’s hoping significant increase in production does happen in the next 2-3 weeks, but at this point I wouldn’t advise anyone to hold their breath. And with this experience and their track record, it would honestly have to be the perfect game for me to want to order another CGC game after this. What a disappointing experience.

Yea for whatever reason CGC just can't get their shit together. This will be my 4th CGC LE, and without a doubt my last....its just not worth it to do business with a company that is so arrogant they can't see fit to communicate to their customers/distributors. I get why they don't post on PinSide, but theres no excuse for not providing honest updates to their distribution channel.

#7737 1 year ago

Can somebody make a thread that tells me when to come read this thread?

#7738 1 year ago

For jfh

71E9B347-A2E5-4ED8-A34A-DA186FA8644D (resized).jpeg71E9B347-A2E5-4ED8-A34A-DA186FA8644D (resized).jpeg
#7739 1 year ago

I think CC is a outlier for CGC. You got COVID supply line issues still plaguing the manufacturing industries, you have a whole bunch of CCr sales tied to new expected code from a now unfortunately deceased programmer, you got topper issues, non-existent saloon doors and a multitude of ideas on what CGC is going to do with those. You are Ryan, sitting there facing yet another delay, what do you do? Well historically doing nothing got him the farthest the last time, so rinse, repeat? I think they are frightened that if they were to come clean, maybe there would be huge rush to cancel orders, throw the whole thing in disarray, maybe even threaten the next new title sales, so his inaction is to be expected. I had to raise a huge stink to get them to tell us it was silk screened playfields causing the MBr delays back when we were waiting for that.

#7740 1 year ago

I have been in the hobby for 5 years on pinside for a little over a year. I protested pinside for years much like I protest Facebook and other social media and forums. I was finally convinced to join because people told me to stick to the owners forums and ignore the rest of the shit show. This thread has convinced me that maybe this wasn’t sound advice.

#7741 1 year ago

I wish Ryan would give us real answers.

CF1DDF30-340B-41B0-B895-453293175563 (resized).jpegCF1DDF30-340B-41B0-B895-453293175563 (resized).jpeg
#7742 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

This thread has convinced me that maybe this wasn’t sound advice.

Why? Because people who want to participate genuinely in this thread can’t since they don’t have their game? I’d love to be an owner in the owner forums. Right now that’s on CGC, not pinside or us here.

#7743 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Why? Because people who want to participate genuinely in this thread can’t since they don’t have their game? I’d love to be an owner in the owner forums. Right now that’s on CGC, not pinside or us here.

I love the participation. I am exhausted that the OP feels the need to police the thread. That is what moderators are for. Being the OP doesn’t make you a moderator or any better than the rest of us. It literally means you started a topic. So if there are issues there is a process. That process is the moderation team.

#7744 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

jfh I truly appreciate the time and energy put into the FAQ and this thread, but I do wish you would stop mentioning every time you have ‘insider information’ or updates you’re unwilling to share.

I get your point and will try to be more careful.

FYI - don’t have “insider information” rather information gathered and given to me by owners, distributors and interested parties by PM, email, phone and sometimes in person. Most have decided they don’t want to post here because of the reactions of a select few and I certainly understand that. I’m grateful for what is shared because I’m interested in continuing to learn as much as I can about the original, the remake and the production process. It just takes curiosity, consideration, common sense and understanding of the process. I probably understand supply chain issues better than most, but that’s about as “inside” as it gets. And the info is just not for here. Once additional approvals/clearances are received I can move forward with my in-depth article about the evolution of Cactus Canyon.

There is some info I’ve been asked specifically not to share, so as much as I might like to see it here, I won’t. Then is other info I choose not to share because of the history of a few that will use it to bash CGC. Every time I think “it’s ok to share”, I get proven wrong. It’s easy to attack me and apparently sport for some for whom “trust me” isn’t good enough.

It’s very disappointing because I created this thread to share information and create a space for people as passionate as I am about Cactus Canyon. Fortunately most of the consternation will go away when most people get their games but in the meantime some are going to flail over something they have no control over.

#7745 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think they are frightened

No. They are just fed up with Pinside.

LTG : )

#7746 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are they fed up with their distribution network as well?

#7747 1 year ago

CGC strategically has chosen to post in here when it’s to their benefit. They aren’t fed up with pinside when they want to sell games or share good news. Their continued lack of communication on the status of LEs warrants criticism that does not require the sign off of the OP.

#7748 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

So they're fed up with the end users of their products?

#7749 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Are they fed up with their distribution network as well?

No idea on that one.

#7750 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

So they're fed up with the end users of their products?

No. Call them or talk to them at a show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

7,000 (Firm)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.