(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 309.
#7301 1 year ago

Only issue I've had so far was when I picked up the head, the back glass and speaker panel was loose and coming out. Thought it was odd the head lock wasn't locked, figured somebody forgot when it was packed. Well ends up when you lock the head you can't take the key out. Key will only come out when unlocked so I will need a new lock.

And I needed to bend the right wire frame on the outline because the ball was getting stuck.

#7302 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Only issue I've had so far was when I picked up the head, the back glass and speaker panel was loose and coming out. Thought it was odd the head lock wasn't locked, figured somebody forgot when it was packed. Well ends up when you lock the head you can't take the key out. Key will only come out when unlocked so I will need a new lock.

You don't need a new lock - remove the lock panel (may need a security bit), then remove the philips screw on the rear of the lock, remove the rectangular lock bar, rotate 90 degrees, reassemble.

#7303 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You don't need a new lock - remove the lock panel (may need a security bit), then remove the philips screw on the rear of the lock, remove the rectangular lock bar, rotate 90 degrees, reassemble.

great, I'll take a look later.

#7304 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

And I needed to bend the right wire frame on the outline because the ball was getting stuck.

There is a little cog plate on the back of the lock that controls what positions the key/lock engage. Just take lock off and you can adjust this.

#7305 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

I was surprised the LE plague number is basically a P-touch label. Nothing fancy, I expected to be engraved.

Interesting.

I guess that makes it easier for those of us that want specific numbers.

#7306 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Can someone measure the height of the game (including topper) because I'm not sure it will fit in my basement. Thx!

About 85 inches.

LTG : )

#7307 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting.
I guess that makes it easier for those of us that want specific numbers.

...or letters.

Here's the Dymo labels for Black on Metallic:

https://www.amazon.com/DYMO-Industrial-Permanent-LabelWriter-18486/dp/B0001AU7CA/ref=sr_1_11

#7308 1 year ago

Is there a serial number of any kind on the topper? If so, does it match the LE number?

#7309 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is there a serial number of any kind on the topper? If so, does it match the LE number?

I didn't notice anything on mine.

Did see in the menu that it has a different build date 11/15/22. Not sure if that's the software build date or not. Machine build date is 11/16/22

IMG_2920 (resized).jpegIMG_2920 (resized).jpeg

#7310 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

...or letters.
Here's the Dymo labels for Black on Metallic:
amazon.com link »

This is almost cake topper sad. Definitely had imagined engraving given the level of detail everywhere else on the apron. I think I’ll go with something more like this. https://www.amazon.com/Caramel-Sweet-Life-Personalized-Stainless/dp/B078W6BH5G/ref=asc_df_B078W6BH5G

#7311 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

This is almost cake topper sad. Definitely had imagined engraving given the level of detail everywhere else on the apron. I think I’ll go with something more like this. amazon.com link »

Hopefully one of the mod makers can design something more appropriate for us.

#7312 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

This is almost cake topper sad. Definitely had imagined engraving given the level of detail everywhere else on the apron. I think I’ll go with something more like this. amazon.com link »

Good idea, can someone measure their # plaque so I can look for a replacement, if needed?

#7313 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good idea, can someone measure their # plaque so I can look for a replacement, if needed?

A trophy shop would be a good place to try

#7314 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The cut out is 1/2" x 1.5" - I think Damonator nailed the right label tape.

#7315 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is a little cog plate on the back of the lock that controls what positions the key/lock engage. Just take lock off and you can adjust this.

Done, did need a security T20 bit to take the lock off. Easy fix.

#7316 1 year ago

Anyone install InvisiGlass or Voodoo Glass on the game? I am trying to decide if I want to order a piece for it during Coin Taker's BF sale.

#7317 1 year ago

I installed a sheet of voodoo glass, looks great. Picked it up at the York show from Coin taker.

#7318 1 year ago

I’ve got it on mine. Looks great.

#7319 1 year ago

This would work as a engraved replacement for the # sticker

https://www.enmengraving.com/products/0-5-in-custom-engraved-nameplate-indoor

Comes in satin or polished nickel.

#7320 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Anyone install InvisiGlass or Voodoo Glass on the game? I am trying to decide if I want to order a piece for it during Coin Taker's BF sale.

I have a sheet of PDI waiting for my LE
It's The Best !
Open the great glass debate

Any anti reflective glass such as Invsi or Voodoo is a level up on stock glass.
CCr deserves it.
If you can get a sale price even better

#7321 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have a sheet of PDI waiting for my LE
It's The Best !
Open the great glass debate

I have PDI glass and voodoo glass sitting in machines next to each other. I really can't tell the difference. Both look like there's no glass installed. Any insight?

#7322 1 year ago

There are a few threads on Pinside.
Here is one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-anti-glare-glass-1
I have not seen Voodoo however it is highly rated.

#7323 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

There are a few threads on Pinside.
Here is one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-anti-glare-glass-1
I have not seen Voodoo however it is highly rated.

I own PDI, invisiglass and voodoo. All do the same job. All look near invisible until fingerprints or dust. I would recommend any that are on sale as cheaper is fine.

#7324 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I haven’t see anything posted on cointaker bf sale. Sale starts on Friday you think?

#7325 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I own PDI, invisiglass and voodoo. All do the same job. All look near invisible until fingerprints or dust. I would recommend any that are on sale as cheaper is fine.

I agree with this.

I put a sheet of voodoo on the LE yesterday. Must have for this machine. I feel like CC has a lot of glare going on with regular glass and I'm not sure why.

#7326 1 year ago

Got LE#41 set up yesterday. It looks absolutely beautiful. I waited far too long to buy the side art protectors from Terry but luckily I have them now. I wouldn't lift the PF once without them with that glossy acrylic on the side art.

Just set everything up and added a sheet of PDI and away we went! No issues at all and the legs have plenty of clearance. My 2 cent's, my guess is the most recent delay was waiting on thicker leg plates if they are indeed thicker than the SE plates.

Btw, the wife and daughter still haven't been downstairs and notice it yet so we'll see how that goes. My gut tells me they won't even know it's there until our guests bring it up today lol.

20221123_161313 (resized).jpg20221123_161313 (resized).jpg
#7328 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Mirrored backglass for sale.
$225 shipped. No brainer?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/146798

Wonder what the story was. Could you order the backglass if you arent in on a game? If he ended up with an SE it could still be used, so what could the weird scenario be? Just looking for something to read

#7330 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I haven’t see anything posted on cointaker bf sale. Sale starts on Friday you think?

In the BF thread they said already on sale 10% off, cheaper than I saw anywhere else last night.

#7331 1 year ago

Link does not work !

#7332 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Wonder what the story was. Could you order the backglass if you arent in on a game? If he ended up with an SE it could still be used, so what could the weird scenario be? Just looking for something to read

Deposit paid.
Backglass purchased while waiting.
Unique bs life/business/pin scenario in the extended delayed window lead to not being able to fully meet my end of the purchase. My distributor being awesome and understanding.

#7333 1 year ago

Day 3 of LEs in the wild and no topper videos!? This is very unPinsidish

#7334 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Day 3 of LEs in the wild and no topper videos!? This is very unPinsidish

Sorry. Still suck at the topper mode...still trying to figure out what I'm doing.... and only got to it twice.

#7335 1 year ago

It’s Thanksgiving. We should afford the lucky LE owners the day with their game and families before hounding them for more pictures and videos.

Tomorrow however …

#7336 1 year ago

Pinball life sells invisiglass now for a reasonable price. Just slapped a sheet on my Cirqus Voltaire. Makes a huge difference, especially on CV where the DMD is under the glass.

https://www.pinballlife.com/invisiglass-non-glare-playfield-glass-standard.html

#7337 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Deposit paid.
Backglass purchased while waiting.
Unique bs life/business/pin scenario in the extended delayed window lead to not being able to fully meet my end of the purchase. My distributor being awesome and understanding.

Wish you all the best mate! I'd take it off you, rather than purchase one from the distro in Europe when my game is ready, but I fear the shipping all the way to the other side of the world and would rather they be responsible for it to arrive safely than you. GLWS

#7338 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

PDI glass is an etched product, all other products are sprayed coatings. All of the sprayed coatings will fad over time. PDI costs the most, but it is the best.

#7339 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

PDI glass is an etched product, all other products are sprayed coatings. All of the sprayed coatings will fad over time. PDI costs the most, but it is the best.

I don’t know the science/details behind it but I can say when it is official PDI, it always does look slightly better, not that the others aren’t awesome.

#7340 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Nice to know. I've always thought it's better than all varieties I've seen.

#7341 1 year ago

I’ve had invisiglass on two games for three years. Still looks great. Or maybe it’s Voodoo. I forget & I'm not there to go look.

#7342 1 year ago

You can almost get 2 sheets of invisiglass or voodoo for the price of one pdi sheet.

#7343 1 year ago

Sorry for sending this thread down a new path.

Ordered two pieces of Voodoo for basically one PDI shipped. Time to get back to videos and pics this weekend and hopefully I get invoiced next week (never said that before).

Happy thanksgiving!

#7344 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Sorry for sending this thread down a new path.
Ordered two pieces of Voodoo for basically one PDI shipped. Time to get back to videos and pics this weekend and hopefully I get invoiced next week (never said that before).
Happy thanksgiving!

Who did you order from, need a few here as well

#7345 1 year ago

Looking forward to seeing the LE reviews.
Anyone that's received theirs care to provide a review? Can't wait to get mine.

#7346 1 year ago

Any LE video's as yet?

#7347 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who did you order from, need a few here as well

Coin Taker, had to pay sales tax in PA but under $250/each shipped.

#7348 1 year ago

Thanks to info from chillme and Damonator the Modifications section of the FAQ has details on LE medallion options.

If anyone tries the engraved plate I’d like to know what font/size you chose and whether you think the satin or polished nickel looks best (or if you find another plating that more closely matches).

#7349 1 year ago

Disregard

#7350 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

To my buyer.
Shipped.
Tuesday ETA.

Wot ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.