(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 309.
#6851 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Is there a trick to getting it in right?

A small piece or two of soft foam weather stripping. Top left and right side should do it.

LTG : )

#6852 1 year ago

Shouldn’t be necessary on a brand new machine. Just sayin'. Unless it came with some and I didn’t know what it was for.

#6853 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Then it doesn’t need to be shaking like that. Seems to be in place. Is there a trick to getting it in right?

my game rattles as well..but it's not on the backglass..it's at the top of playfield glass that meets the back plastic channel..You need to source the rattle, because it is deceiving where the rattle 'actually' is. lol, I don't have a fix for mine yet, other than throwing my Distro's business card, shoved in between the pf glass and that top plastic channel the glass sits in. Have a friend or fam push down on the pf glass, backglass, all the spots you think it's coming from, when playing a game (to pinpoint where the rattle is) . then McGuiver that sh$t.

#6854 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check voltage outputs on switching power supply on the floor of the cabinet, front right side. Careful of the 110 VAC ones.

Everything looks good there. I don't see anything obvious.

#6855 1 year ago

Sooo… I received my CCr topper that is to say..the CGC prototype mock up that I won in the contest! I want to thank CGC for bringing prizes to the live stream and Flip N Out Pinball for hosting the event.

69DB0044-6E8D-4AB0-90F0-FC6FAD7F52CB (resized).jpeg69DB0044-6E8D-4AB0-90F0-FC6FAD7F52CB (resized).jpeg6BA43DDA-A152-4303-9FD9-F93AAF2E3FCE (resized).jpeg6BA43DDA-A152-4303-9FD9-F93AAF2E3FCE (resized).jpeg
#6856 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Does the LE come with a real knocker?

Answered in the FAQ. No.

#6857 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

my game rattles as well..but it's not on the backglass..it's at the top of playfield glass that meets the back plastic channel..You need to source the rattle, because it is deceiving where the rattle 'actually' is. lol, I don't have a fix for mine yet, other than throwing my Distro's business card, shoved in between the pf glass and that top plastic channel the glass sits in. Have a friend or fam push down on the pf glass, backglass, all the spots you think it's coming from, when playing a game (to pinpoint where the rattle is) . then McGuiver that sh$t.

Slide a piece of nylon wire tie with the head cut off between the wooden cabinet edge and the plastic glass channel. Push it in with a kntfe blade until its invisible.

This will tighten up the glass channel enough so that the glass doesnt rattle.

You can put it in a couple areas as needed.

#6858 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Slide a piece of nylon wire tie with the head cut off between the wooden cabinet edge and the plastic glass channel. Push it in with a kntfe blade until its invisible.
This will tighten up the glass channel enough so that the glass doesnt rattle.
You can put it in a couple areas as needed.

That is an awesome solution!

#6859 1 year ago

Just picked up NIB. The beer mug switch does not register. Looks to be all plugged in. Any recommendations before reaching out CGC?

#6860 1 year ago
Quoted from falky:

Just picked up NIB. The beer mug switch does not register. Looks to be all plugged in. Any recommendations before reaching out CGC?

Mine registered intermittently and I went in from the bottom and slightly adjusted the leaf switch, pushing the two pieces a little closer together. If it isn't registering in the switch test, then you need to get advice from someone who actually knows things lol

#6861 1 year ago

I think I waited over 3 years for delivery of The Hobbit... only 15 months and counting on this one ... in February it won't even be half the wait of TH... this will seem short in comparison...

#6862 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

That is an awesome solution!

ok, it must be early for me, because I don't know what 'nylon wire tie' is..you mean zip-tie? eh? it has a head, lol.

#6863 1 year ago

Anybody have the speaker box magnet they want to sell? Looking for somebody stateside who maybe ordered more than one, or does not want it anymore.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#6864 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

ok, it must be early for me, because I don't know what 'nylon wire tie' is..you mean zip-tie? eh? it has a head, lol.

Yeah, wire tie, cable tie, zip tie... you get the idea.

Start with a smaller one 4" maybe, it doesnt have to be too thick, or even very long. A 1" piece works well enough

I also put them in to keep the glass from sliding out to easily.

#6865 1 year ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Anybody have the speaker box magnet they want to sell? Looking for somebody stateside who maybe ordered more than one, or does not want it anymore.
[quoted image]

You might want to contact PPS as once this was released they claimed they were going to make one

#6866 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You might want to contact PPS as once this was released they claimed they were going to make one

Yeah I wonder if they ever plan on making that or not???

#6867 1 year ago

[quoted image]

https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/cactus-canyon-remake-pinball-magnetic-wizpanels

I've purchased from these folks before and it was a great experience.

#6868 1 year ago

Thinking of selling my SE, if anyone might be interested..in WA 98577. PM for details. Delete if not allowed here.

#6869 1 year ago
Quoted from falky:

Tests - Switch Edge - push the metal flap the ball hits. Does it register ? Check if it's stuck closed, or if the leaf blades need to be adjusted closer. To adjust them it is easier under the playfield. Turn the game off. Remove the leaf blade switch assembly. Adjust/bend as close to the fiber board spacers between the leaf blades. It may take a tweak or two to get it right.

#6870 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Thinking of selling my SE, if anyone might be interested..in WA 98577. PM for details. Delete if not allowed here.

Are you upgrading to a LE or a SE+? Or are you just tired of the game already?

#6871 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Place an ad in the marketplace!

#6872 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Wizard Mods has free shipping and their price is not too bad. Only problem is that it seems to take a long time to get here, especially AFTER it hits US Customs!

#6873 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Mine registered intermittently and I went in from the bottom and slightly adjusted the leaf switch, pushing the two pieces a little closer together. If it isn't registering in the switch test, then you need to get advice from someone who actually knows things lol

Mine was out of adjustment out of the box as well. It got worse over time but not before my wife got almost 300 beer mug hits. It finally stuck shut before I pulled it tweaked it to get it work correctly. That record will never be broken. If I reset to defaults my wife would be upset about it. So it stays. Lol

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Are you upgrading to a LE or a SE+? Or are you just tired of the game already?

I think I've ridin the horse long enough..It's fun, don't take me wrong..it's just not as longlasting as my other pins I have now..My housmate still plays it.
Everybody's preferences are different on longevity! (I tend to go for the more 'serious' pins, outside of MMrLE and GotG, and Turtles..the rest are more serious) Maybe it's just a 'phase'.

#6875 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Go to wizardmod.com (if I'm not mistaken but that's def the business name) and order them with free shipping..
Edit: should have read through all the replies first

#6876 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

CGC is manufacturing them and are waiting on parts

#6877 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

3-4 WEEKS ! every 3-4 weeks

#6878 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

3-4 WEEKS ! every 3-4 weeks

Eventually they'll be right.

Like a broken clock.

#6879 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I think I've ridin the horse long enough..It's fun, don't take me wrong..it's just not as longlasting as my other pins I have now..My housmate still plays it.
Everybody's preferences are different on longevity! (I tend to go for the more 'serious' pins, outside of MMrLE and GotG, and Turtles..the rest are more serious) Maybe it's just a 'phase'.

What happened to the topper project? Wanna sell the Bart figure?

#6880 1 year ago

My wife and I never refer to CCR by name. We’ll say, “want to play Polly tonight?” or, “let’s play Elvira and save Polly”. The rest of our small collection we refer to by name.

#6881 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What happened to the topper project? Wanna sell the Bart figure?

I'm almost done with the topper..it has certainly been a labor of love..doesn't mean I'm selling my machine overnight..but I will DEFINITELY show you guyz the final product in 3-4 weeks, lol.. no, hopefully sooner..been brokering other deals, etc.. FINALLY got my two NBA Fastbreaks linked and running!! what an amazing xp that is, head 2 head.

#6882 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Who knows, but at the time PPS claimed the guy was infringing on their IP. They also said they had one in the works. I have no idea if they ended up making the product or not.

#6883 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

FINALLY got my two NBA Fastbreaks linked and running!! what an amazing xp that is, head 2 head.

That is awesome! A very rare set up to have. Congrats!

#6884 1 year ago

Got my game!
Just not the one I have been waiting for!
Haha, sorry couldn’t resist.

Richard

43382DDB-00A9-41A7-8161-DE36E901F141 (resized).jpeg43382DDB-00A9-41A7-8161-DE36E901F141 (resized).jpeg
#6885 1 year ago

From one circus to another...
Congrats on the new pin .

#6886 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Got my game!
Richard
[quoted image]

So while waiting for your CCR you'll enjoy your CV......nice !

#6887 1 year ago

Got my game!
Richard
[quoted image]

Yay Richard!!

This will keep you busy I always enjoyed my CV

Hopefully soon a CCR will be there as well

#6888 1 year ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

So I just finished unboxing and setting up my CCR SE, but I'm having an issue.
It powers up fine and there are lights on the playfield and the LCD screen works fine, but there are no lights on the backbox, no sound, and it appears that none of the coils or solenoids are working.
Start button will add a player although there is no light on the button and no ball is ejected.
Train and mine work fine during the intial start up test and in test mode, but nothing else is working.
I have checked and rechecked all connections, reseated most of them, and checked all the fuses that I can find and I am having no luck.
Any input would be appreciated!

Super disappointing that I submitted a ticket over 24 hours ago with CGC and have heard nothing.

First time getting a NIB game with these kind of issues. A response would be very welcomed.

#6889 1 year ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

Super disappointing that I submitted a ticket over 24 hours ago with CGC and have heard nothing.
First time getting a NIB game with these kind of issues. A response would be very welcomed.

Did you check your solenoid board cable? What are the LEDs on the solenoid board doing? There are 2 right above the large 40-pin PIC chip. One should be blinking slowly, the other quickly

#6890 1 year ago
Quoted from pugface:

Did you check your solenoid board cable? What are the LEDs on the solenoid board doing? There are 2 right above the large 40-pin PIC chip. One should be blinking slowly, the other quickly

I did, here are the lights that were either out or not doing what they should be per the manual..

Quoted from Mistwalker:

Thanks for the quick reply!
Here are the lights that are on/off
CR 10. Solid Red (Normally off)
CR 9. Flashing Yellow
CR 105 off
CR 104 off
CR 108 off
Playfield board
CR5 off before disconnecting/reconnecting blue ethernet cable, now it is on.
Game is behaving the same way still.

That was from the post you replied to the other day...I will double check when I get home later but I do believe one had a heartbeat blink and the other was blinking rapidly.

Thank you for your reply!

#6891 1 year ago

Got my game!
Richard
[quoted image]

nice little HT you have there! (looks like you have an Epson 5030UB, or something similar)..You must be on the AVS Forum I was a heavy duty Home Theater guy (got home theater of the month, July '14), moved then started my HT in my new house..gutted the theater components and turned my room into an arcade. Still have the electric screens intact, and the projector shelf, in case I want to get another JVC projector in the future..Sold my projector to get into one of my pins, lol. i do still have an old projection and measely 5.1 system down in my Arcadebunker though. *in the basement*..anyways, back to the CCR RANT!

#6892 1 year ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

I did, here are the lights that were either out or not doing what they should be per the manual..

That was from the post you replied to the other day...I will double check when I get home later but I do believe one had a heartbeat blink and the other was blinking rapidly.
Thank you for your reply!

Good luck! Keep in mind, I'm talking about the LEDs on the solenoid board, not the main MPU
On the main MPU:
CR8 (green) blinks slow
CR9 (amber) blinks fast

Also check the 4-pin WATCHDOG cable that is right by those 2 MPU LEDs - other end is on the playfield, I think

#6893 1 year ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

I put a note on there that you can't see with your findings you posted here. They are busy with IAPPA right now. It may take a bit.

#6894 1 year ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

Others have reported hearing nothing back for months and still counting. My best wishes to you and your quest.

#6895 1 year ago

Let the disgruntled sell offs begin!!!!

C0B517C7-588A-4CD1-8187-6428D9FAE15E (resized).jpegC0B517C7-588A-4CD1-8187-6428D9FAE15E (resized).jpeg
#6896 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

[quoted image]

Pretty hefty markup on that listing. Must not be disgruntled enough just yet

#6897 1 year ago

Yeah… if I’m THAT disgruntled on something… I’m not typically looking for a 30% profit.

#6898 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

[quoted image]

$2800 for a pre order spot. F that.

#6899 1 year ago

Played this game several times very long ball times..

#6900 1 year ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

Played this game several times very long ball times..

I have my lanes wide open, 7 deg level, dialed back ball save settings, and I can assure you the ball times are not long at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
There are 15,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.