(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,346 posts
  • 751 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 382 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 331 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(651 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg
362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg
C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
73000513275__A193B793-F018-40EE-B46C-ACC07564508F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
8C87C09E-DDC1-4C00-904E-4189F6921213 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 307.
#6601 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Just like the negative reviews you see online, the whiny, needy, spoiled have the biggest voice. And as you can see it’s usually the same people with the drama on here. Small but loud voices. Most pinball people are really nice in person just a few keyboard warriors on here give us all a bad reputation.

I know you are correct. The problem is that these individuals destroy so much and unfortunately - they create stereotypes. When this negativity continues for months it's just ridiculous and childish and as an 'outsider' we consider this as the normal in America. There's a lot of truth in "there's always one guy that has to fuck it up for the rest of us"..

#6602 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats! That was the best prize of the night.

Thanks for posting the picture. I had asked for pictures of all of them but never got any. I’d like to use yours in the FAQ if you don’t mind.

Thanks! Of course you can use the picture!

#6603 1 year ago
Quoted from twarr:

I know you are correct. The problem is that these individuals destroy so much and unfortunately - they create stereotypes. When this negativity continues for months it's just ridiculous and childish and as an 'outsider' we consider this as the normal in America. There's a lot of truth in "there's always one guy that has to fuck it up for the rest of us"..

This is why Pinside created the ignore user function. Works like a charm.

#6604 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Josh compared the software project as putting together a puzzle to complete the game and comparing it to a tree where the Williams code is the tree trunk, the CGC enhanced code added branches with Lyman’s package adding every leaf possible.

Let's hope it doesn't mean that future code updates are fertilizer

#6605 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That was the best prize of the night.

Yes indeed. I tried for the belt buckles but hit the wrong thing to enter.

LTG : )

#6606 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Surely someone out there is familiar or has played the new Lyman/Sharpe code update?

Play it nearly every night ... Including tonight!

CE57C6A3-B933-46F7-A93B-DF9791C67F57 (resized).pngCE57C6A3-B933-46F7-A93B-DF9791C67F57 (resized).png
#6607 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This is why Pinside created the ignore user function. Works like a charm.

Have never felt the need to use this functionality until this thread.

#6608 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Play it nearly every night ... Including tonight![quoted image]

Nice!!!!!!!
Thanks man for sharing Josh!!
Hope your doing well!

Richard

#6609 1 year ago

My display just went dead. I have a red LED on near the power board on the display verses my MBr LED is green.

Was gonna swap, but thought I ask if the Red LED is on is this a bad LED display?

All other aspects of the game works.

Screenshot_20221106-201649 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221106-201649 (resized).png
#6610 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

That's what I was looking for. Is it still being worked on or would you consider the rules/features mostly complete?

Edit: I should have said.... "Except for the Lyman/Sharpe potential"

#6611 1 year ago

I am officially putting this thread on warning:

Keep it to pinball or you will be modded and ejected. If you don't like what someone posts, hit ignore. Don't respond to attacks, report them. Don't make things personal, feel free to PM the other person and work it out.

#6612 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

but thought I ask

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Please open a ticket under Support on the Help desk. So the engineers can look into it.

LTG : )

#6613 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am officially putting this thread on warning:
Keep it to pinball or you will be modded and ejected. If you don't like what someone posts, hit ignore. Don't respond to attacks, report them. Don't make things personal, feel free to PM the other person and work it out.

Sounds good to me!

Thanks,
Richard

#6614 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!! I can’t tell but is there a potential for a fly ball in that area of the play field? It would knock that cactus right off its base. It would be so cool (I could see myself screaming “that was great!!“) but at the same time I hate to see such a waste of money/time.

They are the flasher covers, a ball will never make it up there. And if it did somehow, it cost about 2 bucks to make

#6615 1 year ago
Quoted from twarr:

I've been reading this thread for months and not saying anything. I'm located in Europe and have ordered a SE a loooong time ago. We get them AFTER all US games (included your precious LE's) gets produced. Then CGC starts producing all European games - and then we wait three months for shipping. I'll receive my CC last of all of you, maybe in a year from now. We don't complain, we wait.
Pinside is really a good representative of the stereotype American. Whiny, needy, impatient and spoiled. I have great American friends who are not part of the stereotype, but the rest of you in this thread - shame on you!

Yes some of what you say is true, however you are buying an American pinball machine from an American pinball company so do you like all the Americans making that possible for you what country are you from and I’ll for a nasty stereo type for you. Enjoy our games

#6616 1 year ago
Quoted from twarr:

I've been reading this thread for months and not saying anything. I'm located in Europe and have ordered a SE a loooong time ago. We get them AFTER all US games (included your precious LE's) gets produced. Then CGC starts producing all European games - and then we wait three months for shipping. I'll receive my CC last of all of you, maybe in a year from now. We don't complain, we wait.
Pinside is really a good representative of the stereotype American. Whiny, needy, impatient and spoiled. I have great American friends who are not part of the stereotype, but the rest of you in this thread - shame on you!

Quoted from Medic:

Just like the negative reviews you see online, the whiny, needy, spoiled have the biggest voice. And as you can see it’s usually the same people with the drama on here. Small but loud voices. Most pinball people are really nice in person just a few keyboard warriors on here give us all a bad reputation.

Yeah, thinking your American stereotype comments are quite short-sighted and will likely take this terribly off-topic thread to another level. Thanks for that!

Agree with medic. On this particular thread, there are a half-dozen (or so) loud, obnoxious keyboard warriors that love to complain, fight and antagonize others. Like bullies on a playground.

Don’t confuse them with the 90% of the Pinsiders here to share, learn and enjoy the pinball community.

#6617 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

They are the flasher covers, a ball will never make it up there. And if it did somehow, it cost about 2 bucks to make

Looks like you have a side gig in the future! Pinball mods and Hay Farming sound like a good match to me!

#6618 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Looks like you have a side gig in the future! Pinball mods and Hay Farming sound like a good match to me!

#6619 1 year ago
Quoted from twarr:

I’ve not read a more rude comment on this site ever. Talking about a pinball company’s inability to communicate well, is much different than taking a shot at an entire nation with a giant stereotype beyond your American friends. Shame on you for pointing your finger and being so broadly judgmental and rude. I would never be willing to make such a rude statement about others, especially due to comments on a pinball thread. Really disappointing on multiple levels. Freedom of speech is a great thing, hope you’re afforded the same in your country without being labeled whiny, needy, impatient, and spoiled. God bless America…and CGC’s production line. Sheesh.

#6620 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

I’ve not read a more rude comment on this site ever. Talking about a pinball company’s inability to communicate well, is much different than taking a shot at an entire nation with a giant stereotype beyond your American friends. Shame on you for pointing your finger and being so broadly judgmental and rude. I would never be willing to make such a rude statement about others, especially due to comments on a pinball thread. Really disappointing on multiple levels. Freedom of speech is a great thing, hope you’re afforded the same in your country without being labeled whiny, needy, impatient, and spoiled. God bless America…and CGC’s production line. Sheesh.

His or her VAT will likely go up, shipping fees are forever climbing, and they may luck out with new tax laws that levy appreciation of physical goods per annum prior to their actual sale/realization event... never mind the cost of energy. Though, a pinball machine could help with the crunch wrt heating this winter.

We can learn how impatient, whiny, needy and spoiled we are as well as what it means to pay a fair share. Looking forward to 2023 and all the lessons it brings to us from those ivory towers in Europe. The poster must be cross-eyed looking down their nose at us all the time.

That being said... they have a good attitude with respect to timelines involved, I will gladly wait on CGC to make a quality game.

#6621 1 year ago

I also received my winnings from the Flip n' Out stream. The resin prototypes for the metal apron medallions that will be coming with the LE models. Thanks Zach and Ryan for the cool piece of development history. Now to figure out some sort of display case for them.
20221106_213342[1] (resized).jpg20221106_213342[1] (resized).jpg
20221106_213608[1] (resized).jpg20221106_213608[1] (resized).jpg

#6622 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

I also received my winnings from the Flip n' Out stream. The resin prototypes for the metal apron medallions that will be coming with the LE models. Thanks Zach and Ryan for the cool piece of development history. Now to figure out some sort of display case for them.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those are badass!

#6623 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congratulations man! It was a great contest! What did you do to win?

#6624 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's what I was looking for. Is it still being worked on or would you consider the rules/features mostly complete?

Do you realise that you are responding to Josh, of the Lyman/(Josh)Sharpe variety?

#6625 1 year ago

Yeah, thinking your American stereotype comments are quite short-sided ?

Sighted *
Sorry, it’s my ADHD, carry on….

#6626 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Do you realise that you are responding to Josh, of the Lyman/(Josh)Sharpe variety?

Yes, that’s why I edited the original post to include him as I didn’t give credit and thought it was a bit inconsiderate.

#6627 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Yeah, thinking your American stereotype comments are quite short-sided and will likely take this terribly off-topic thread to another level. Thanks for that!
Agree with medic. On this particular thread, there are a half-dozen (or so) loud, obnoxious keyboard warriors that love to complain, fight and antagonize others. Like bullies on a playground.
Don’t confuse them with the 90% of the Pinsiders here to share, learn and enjoy the pinball community.

You are correct, no doubt about it. Most Americans (and all that I have met) are great, fun and positive people. It's just that most of this thread have been constant complaining just because a company are exceeding their initial estimated delivery date. Yes, it's boring to wait and we would all love to have our games, but why do people complain about this in hundreds of posts over many months? I'm sorry about my post, it was too harsh and should have been worded in another way not throwing most Americans under the bus, so that's on me. It was the result of frustration built up after months of reading this thread where there are few posts about what most people like to read about, like mods, unboxing photos and discussion about the machine. Let's hope we can focus on that from now on

#6628 1 year ago

SEE! We Americans are also forgiving and love to talk about pinball.

Much love from across the pond

#6629 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is your question “Is the default code shipping with the game considered complete/done”?
If so, my understanding is yes, it is feature complete except for potential fixes. The intent was for the code to be complete at launch.

As for what’s in the JLS code from Josh/Lyman/Sam - I hope ifpapinball can fill us in after the upgrade is officially announced (assuming the NDA permits it) though it would be nice to be able to update the FAQ with some more recent details.

#6630 1 year ago

I have an LE coming, and I am not concerned about the delay. I thought the price on the LE was a great price a year ago, with 10% inflation it makes it even a better value now. I have been waiting 9 months on a Stern Elvira premium and I don't expect to get it till March, and I have been waiting on a Weird Al for about 6 months now, and I don't expect to get it till January. So, waiting for games now is not that unexpected. Yes, some games are being shipped quicker, but to get what I want, I am willing to wait.

As a side note, Llyod is the best, a true asset to this community.

#6631 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

As for what’s in the JLS code from Josh/Lyman/Sam - I hope ifpapinball can fill us in after the upgrade is officially announced (assuming the NDA permits it) though it would be nice to be able to update the FAQ with some more recent details.

That picture I included in the previous post is the extent of the nugget I'm willing to share on the extended code right now

#6632 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Check the FAQ in the first post.

I wish someone would put the "When will I get my game?" as the first post in the FAQ. It's the only reason I check this thread.

#6633 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Congratulations man! It was a great contest! What did you do to win?

Just got lucky and guessed the machine Zach was looking for. The question is at 2:36:29. He follows up with an anecdote about a callout sequence Josh and Lyman were discussing for the extended code.

#6634 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

That picture I included in the previous post is the extent of the nugget I'm willing to share on the extended code right now

Fair enough. I’m sure you’ll share more when you can.

CGC made an awesome decision to have you and Lyman design and develop the code and an even more admirable one to commit to seeing the project through completion when it would have been easy to just drop it.

<scrolling up to study picture more closely>

#6635 1 year ago
Quoted from Fn4me:

I wish someone would put the "When will I get my game?" as the first post in the FAQ. It's the only reason I check this thread.

I know someone that can do that …

#6636 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

They looked pretty dang good. I tried slicing a few in half to put on backboard, but can't get a clean cut

Use a bench disk sander and it'll be clean as a whistle

#6637 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Use a bench disk sander and it'll be clean as a whistle

I tried, melted the crap out of them. We're not talking high quality cactus I was working with

#6638 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I tried, melted the crap out of them. We're not talking high quality cactus I was working with

Lol I'm going to buy a set to play with. Sometimes you just need to go slow and let it cool between waves of sanding. Hopefully it wasn't too hard to scrape the green plastic off the disk.

#6639 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Weird, pic cuts off just as you getting to where the Saloon doors would go!

#6640 1 year ago

Ya, I've been making things for a lot of years. Maybe I need a finer grit, only paper I had was pretty heavy. But, these lights are super thin, broke several just removing the cord from them. Good luck, send me a few if you're successful

#6641 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Weird, pic cuts off just as you getting to where the Saloon doors would go!

Good point!

Richard

#6642 1 year ago

Does CCr have an attract mode?
CCEE has a really good one

#6643 1 year ago
Quoted from twarr:

WW1

Ww2

Your welcome. I mean, at least you csn buy them!

#6644 1 year ago

we all are getting discounts because the

Quoted from ifpapinball:

Hmmm Im thinking you collect nuggets of gold to start modes or cash in for ????

#6645 1 year ago

Props to ifpapinball for his post. It is good to be reminded that “top people are working on it”

Thinking about the JLS code has buoyed my spirits after all the depressing delay discussion.

#6646 1 year ago

It would be cool if the topper was part of an attract mode

#6647 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

It would be cool if the topper was part of an attract mode

Like on AFMr LE when the flipper button was pressed the topper would bounce up and down and say something!

#6648 1 year ago

We’re getting close, I can feel it!

#6649 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Props to ifpapinball for his post. It is good to be reminded that “top people are working on it”
Thinking about the JLS code has buoyed my spirits after all the depressing delay discussion.

You got the joke about “JLS code”, right? That’s not the official name …

(For anyone that didn’t, look at the picture Josh posted again).

#6650 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

We’re getting close, I can feel it!

I think they will definitely start shipping the LE models in the next 1-8 weeks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 15,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 307.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/133?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.